Estate, Cascio and Porte Sued Over Three Songs on the "Michael" Album - Vera Senova Class Action

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

Lol, so bullies now? Like the people actually buying your songs ask for evidence you know The Estate and Sony and you have none? Also he could present it in a Documentary couldn't he, maybe like the "Making of Michael" Documentary they put on the Official youtube where everyone produced handwritten lyrics and evidence ya know, which he did none of. He did have to rush with it, everyone can see he was asked by Sony and The Estate, MJ's family, work Colleagues and then fans. thats just about covers EVERYBODY involved in this minus Eddie himself xD

Look he has NOTHING, he claimed to have stuff and produced a broken harddrive which infact had never had a scrap of Data on it, so that pretty much seals the argument. Please feel free to sugar coat that as much as you like.

Again IMO he just doesn't care. Why should he if he could have different ideas about "presenting" this. Why a documentary about "making of Michael"? The documentary about the controversy would be a lot more interesting and valuable...Anyway if he has anything only lawsuit is able to force him to present it if he didn't want to do it so far. But it will be costly for the plantiff.

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

I gave you a "thanks" for trying.

Even if it is proven that these songs are MJ-songs in court, there are people here who will ignore that and pursue their belief of "the truth."

I do not like this because now the public will not give him any credit for any post mortem release. I know that wasn't Mj. Possibly some of the 'shoo hoo parts and the whoa parts. Possibly the ad lybs on monster. But no way did he sing the whole songs.

Even if it is proven that these songs are MJ-songs in court, there are people here who will ignore that and pursue their belief of "the truth."

Very true this will probably happen, but remember theres a flip side, if Eddie is found guilty there might also be 1 or 2 people somewhere who believe him.

I remember before even hearing of the controversey, I sat down to listen to breaking news. I was so excited. The song starts and I am bobbing my head to the beat. Then the vocals started and I immediately was like WTF? That isn't MJ.

Not sure if I really like this idea. Don't get me wrong, I was just as annoyed by the fake songs as well, but I can't help but feel like this is very hypocritical of a fan to do this. Michael had all sorts of people suing him for money and such in life, and even in death they continue to come after him. For a fan to be one of those people, even if it is for a legit reason, is embarrassing to the fanbase and unfair to Michael.

If this does go to court and they prove the songs were fake all along, then great. If they don't, that'll be fine too. I just hope if it turns out that they were fake it won't affect any future album sales. Then again, Xscape did damn good even with the suspicions still lingering about, so who knows.

That's true. It is sad that today most fans on this board are more interested in this subject than the other more important one. It will be exactly the same with the media. Anything what would take away the real victory on June 13. Why not to wait little bit. The plaintiff doesn't have the proof when she bought CD (she doesn't know the exact date so she definitely could wait little bit with this lawsuit. But her financial supporters probably made her to file just now.

If this does go to court and they prove the songs were fake all along, then great. If they don't, that'll be fine too. I just hope if it turns out that they were fake it won't affect any future album sales. Then again, Xscape did damn good even with the suspicions still lingering about, so who knows.

Theres a thought, I wonder if the backlash from "Michael" spurred on the idea of releasing the original demos on Xscape CD2? Also I think if we didn't keep this up we would of had several Cascio songs on Xscape.

As long as you won't be suicidal in case the truth will be different than your "truth" I'm fine with "your truth".

It's not my truth, it's THE truth.

If they somehow "prove" in court that Michael "molested" Wade. Would that change your opinion about Michael or would you still know THE truth?

Man I wanted to tell my wife about this so I put on breaking news. Without even hearing the story right away my 7 year old daughter interrupted the song with 'that's not Michael Jackson' lol. That guy can't even fool a 7 year old. Nobody compares to the real thing! Mi is just too awesome!

It's so useless that Fans are trying to prove that it's not him.
We all know it's not him.

I find myself thinking this is not the right time to file this case. It is June and we have Muarry's powerpoint, Wade and Chuck's shake down case, & mourning the death of Michael. Therefore, right now MIchael's name is surrounded by a lot of Negativity & disgrace. Meanwhile, we have one positive that just took place in the form of an album that is getting good sales in spite of being a posthumous album. The album attracted new fans. Now are people going to be wary of buying the album due to wondering if it is really Michael on it? I think this case should have been filed in 2010, 11, 12, 13 or 2015 forward. I don't like the month they chose to do this either. Why add some more negativity to that month? I don't understand why fans would do something like this--not about the filing but in choosing this emotional time to do it.

About the experts, during the 2010 debate about the album, it was discussed that an expert needs to hear the original music, but here we have an expert listening to a cd. This case will have one side showing experts saying it is Michael or the possibility that it is or not is Michael is 50/50. The other side will have experts stating it is not Michael. I remember the estate claimed that the experts said it was Michael, so the estate and Sony will just claim they did not do this deliberately to defraud, but relied on experts' opinions.

I'm so happy that those lawsuit is happening.. I mean it is sort of bittersweet since ultimately it is another publicized lawsuit against the estate (not exactly against MJ tho), but I'm just hoping that this does actually get taken to trial with expert testimony, evidence, etc.

I knew from the first line of BN that it isn't MJ on these tracks. I remember feeling so helpless trying to prove against the estate that this was not MJs vocals..

I look forward to this..

And I don't care if anyone else around here feels differently..

Sorry not sorry..

Didnt Paris, katherine, latoya, taj taryll tj say theyre fake. Why would they lie, bite the hand that feeds them?

Michael Jackson Estate, Record Label Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Authenticity of ‘Michael’ Vocals

By Tim Kenneally on June 13, 2014 @ 5:43 pm

Michael Jackson Estate, Record Label Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Authenticity of 'Michael' Vocals

Woman claims that Jackson didn't actually sing three of the songs on posthumously released album

Here's a lawsuit that's pretty, uh, off the wall.

Michael Jackson's record label Sony and the co-executor of the singer's estate have been hit with a lawsuit alleging that Jackson might not have actually sung three of the tracks on the 2010 posthumously released album “Michael.”

The lawsuit, filed by California woman Vera Serova in Superior Court in Los Angeles County on Thursday, questions whether it's actually Jackson's vocals on the tracks “Breaking News,” “Monster” and “Keep Your Head Up.”

Serova claims that “several members of Jackson's family” have disputed the authenticity of the tracks. And, even though Sony subsequently went on record stating that it has “complete confidence” that it's Jackson singing the songs, Serova says she enlisted an independent audio expert who concluded that “it was very likely” that the vocals aren't those of Jackson.

Sony had no comment for TheWrap. However, Howard Weitzman, attorney for the Michael Jackson estate, vehemently denied the allegations when contacted by TheWrap, saying that the vocal tracks had been authenticated by multiple experts.

“This lawsuit filed 3 ½ years after the album's release we consider to be frivolous. The Estate believes the lead vocals on all tracks of the ‘Michael’ album were sung by Michael Jackson,” Weitzman said in a statement. “Two musicologists and 6 former producers of Michael's prior albums confirmed that it was Michael Jackson's voice on lead vocal.”

Serova filed the suit as a class-action complaint, saying that she's making the allegations “for herself and on behalf of all others similarly situated.” The lawsuit estimates that there thousands of people who bought the tracks in California, who would presumably receive a third of the cost of a CD back in compensation if they prevail.

Serova's suit alleges fraud, violation of the unfair competition law and violation of the consumers legal remedies act.

She's asking that the defendants be barred from claiming that Jackson performed on the songs in question, and is seeking unspecified damages.

http://www.thewrap.com/michael-jackson-estate-record-label-sued-over-michael-album-vocal-tracks/

I really hope the fans who have legit evidence can help her. Winning such giants like the Estate and Sony won't be easy.

I find myself thinking this is not the right time to file this case. It is June and we have Muarry's powerpoint, Wade and Chuck's shake down case, & mourning the death of Michael. Therefore, right now MIchael's name is surrounded by a lot of Negativity & disgrace. Meanwhile, we have one positive that just took place in the form of an album that is getting good sales in spite of being a posthumous album. The album attracted new fans. Now are people going to be wary of buying the album due to wondering if it is really Michael on it? I think this case should have been filed in 2010, 11, 12, 13 or 2015 forward. I don't like the month they chose to do this either. Why add some more negativity to that month? I don't understand why fans would do something like this--not about the filing but in choosing this emotional time to do it.

This should have been filed a year or two ago. I think it's kind of weird that she waited for so long, but maybe she had her reasons. But it seems like time was running out, so they couldn't wait any longer.

It looks like they are claiming "fraud" on the complaint. In the State of California, the statute of limitations is three years to file suit from the date of discovery. So, she is saying she purchased the CD between June 18-June 28, 2011, that means the time limit to file suit is getting ready to expire. She couldn't wait until 2015, I don't think. It got to the point of now or never.

2 un-named Musicologists, with absolutely nothing to say they even exist VS..................

"Dr. Papcun has completed projects for the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency and the United States Secret Service. He was the Team Leader of the Los Alamos National Laboratory team that was awarded the prestigious R&D-100 Award for one of the 100 most significant technologies of 1992. Expertise includes Audio evidence, Audio recording analysis and restoration, Speaker identification, Memory for voices, Voice lineups, Effects of intoxication on speech. Forensics cases include Rodney King v. City of Los Angeles et al (for Mr. King) (See Dr. Papcun's report on the Rodney King case in the book "Letters of the Century", Dial Press, 1999.), Paula Abdul recording (for Ms. Abdul), California v. O.J. Simpson (analysis for Associated Press), Homicide of Jon Benet Ramsey (for City of Boulder, Colorado), Alaska v. Exxon [Valdez] (for Exxon), Queen v. Kashani-Malaki (Australia), CBS 48 Hours Mystery The Murder and the Mortgage. Teaching includes courses to IBM, Siemens, U.S. State Department."

I don't see the harm in naming the experts involved in authenticating this material.

I'm interested in seeing the estates the response to this. Will they continue to try to cover their own backsides and try to pull the wool over everyones eyes? Will they just try to to lay all of the responsibility on Cascio and Porte? Or will they finally accept responsibility for their mistake and own up to the truth of what happened?

Sadly, judging by Weitzman's comments, it will be the first option. Which suggests to me that they haven't really learned anything from this and do not truly respect the fans as much as they say they do.

I think a Musicologist is the incorrect person to be analysing this material anyhow, I guess it sounds cool though

Didnt Paris, katherine, latoya, taj taryll tj say theyre fake. Why would they lie, bite the hand that feeds them?

Latoya and 3T are not fed by the Estate. And why would Branca and McClain, as well as multiple people (who BTW are far more familiar with MJs vocals than his Mother and Latoya) who worked with MJ for many years lie?

Latoya and 3T are not fed by the Estate. And why would Branca and McClain, as well as multiple people (who BTW are far more familiar with MJs vocals than his Mother and Latoya) who worked with MJ for many years lie?

Who are these familiar people? Teddy Riley?

ivy;4019962 said:
Michael Jackson Estate, Record Label Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Authenticity of ‘Michael’ Vocals

By Tim Kenneally on June 13, 2014 @ 5:43 pm

Sony had no comment for TheWrap. However, Howard Weitzman, attorney for the Michael Jackson estate, vehemently denied the allegations when contacted by TheWrap, saying that the vocal tracks had been authenticated by multiple experts.

“This lawsuit filed 3 ½ years after the album's release we consider to be frivolous. The Estate believes the lead vocals on all tracks of the ‘Michael’ album were sung by Michael Jackson,” Weitzman said in a statement. “Two musicologists and 6 former producers of Michael's prior albums confirmed that it was Michael Jackson's voice on lead vocal.”

http://www.thewrap.com/michael-jackson-estate-record-label-sued-over-michael-album-vocal-tracks/

^^The bolded is just what I had expected--they will say experts told them it was Michael and therefore they made decisions based on that. I guess if this goes to court and Sony/estate loses, they can sue the experts. I notice that the experts for the fans said it is very "likely." This suggests something to me about this field, and the fan mentioning the family's ideas about the songs, caused my eyebrows to go up. What is going on behind the scenes here, I wonder.

If they somehow "prove" in court that Michael "molested" Wade. Would that change your opinion about Michael or would you still know THE truth?

That is two different subjects, but to answer the question, it would not change my opinion of MJ. How do you know it is "the truth" regarding those songs, except for "it doesn't sound like him"? It seems that people that are against these songs are run by their emotions and not their heads Personally, I would accept whatever the court decides (if it goes that far.) I assume you won't.

I really hope the fans who have legit evidence can help her. Winning such giants like the Estate and Sony won't be easy.

It will if she has "the truth" on her side. ;) Let's see...

Why would his children lie? At the time they said this, both Paris & Prince were wise enough to point out that they knew that they're father did actually record songs at the Cascio home, which he did with the songs for Thriller 25. But that what Sony & The Estate actually ended up releasing, where NOT the songs they heard being recorded. So you can't just use the "silly kids" argument with them, now again, why would they lie?

^^The bolded is just what I had expected--they will say experts told them it was Michael and therefore they made decisions based on that. I guess if this goes to court and Sony/estate loses, they can sue the experts. I notice that the experts for the fans said it is very "likely." This suggests something to me about this field, and the fan mentioning the family's ideas about the songs, caused my eyebrows to go up. What is going on behind the scenes here, I wonder.

I think"likely" is a commonly used term in test like these, like in a DNA test where they'd say a person is 99.999999 percent likely the father or not. Even if they hadn't used the term itself, that .1 percent represents the "likely". Just saying.

Back