Exclusive celebration of “Michael” in New York on December 13

And you know that is sad. It is a damn shame that something like this is going on and they could not stop being petty to celebrate this

I for one am glad MJ's family has nothing to do with this. They don't deserve to be.

The only Jacksons I would be glad to see at such an event are Michael's kids. It would be nice for them to see their father being celebrated like that...

This event was awesome! Great energy. The guy in the middle-finger Scream shirt pictured above is a dancer who has auditioned for Cirque du Michael! His name is Peter and he was very nice.

The night concluded with a "Man in the Mirror" sing along. Very powerful experience.

Rumor has it there was an MJJC VIP in the house. Just sayin'.

"Best 2K I Ever Spent" Michael Jackson Lives On At Roseland

By Mara Siegler
Dec 16, 2010

Roseland Ballroom held an event this week commemorating the legend that is Michael Jackson and celebrating the release of the posthumous album Michael. Guests did their best to pay homage by dressing the part and getting their groove on. Take a look below...
-
Classic Michael. The sequin glove was first worn during his performance of "Billie Jean" in 1983 for a Motown 25 television special. It was the first time he brought the Moonwalk to the public.

24201.jpg

Another iconic look is the braid and button-bedecked military jacket. Jackson wardrobe fact: Michael actually patented a pair of shoes that allowed him to do the dance move where he leaned super far forward. He also had a pair that electronically self adjusted to his foot because he never wanted anyone to know his real shoe size.

24193.jpg

While the others are good, the award for best impersonation goes to this guy...

Others didn't go with any specific references, but instead channeled the essence of the King of Pop. The whole world has to answer right now, just to tell you once again, who's bad?

24200.jpg

Sometimes, it is all about the choreography. Annie? Annie? Annie are you OK? You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

24191.jpg

Would any event remembering MJ be complete without an intense number. Beat it!

The place of course, was packed with a screen running Jackson videos. RIP, King of Pop. We'll keep on missing you!

optimized-24195.jpg

[Via KirillWasHere]

http://guestofaguest.com/nightlife/best-2k/best-2k-i-ever-spent-michael-jackson-lives-on-at-roseland

Last edited:
aww, awesome. I'm going to a release party tomorrow myself!!! =))))

Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures and vids! Looks like it was a great time. If only it were earlier in the day I might have gone. One way this celebration is better than Spike Lee's annual MJ birthday bash is that there is no scorching sun or summer heatwaves and it's all indoors, lol. The DJ said "dance like Michael Jackson is looking at you". Oh boy, now I'm really glad I didn't go 'cause that would really make me nervous.:)

Back