Exclusive interview with Paris Jackson on growing up with Michael

^ Agree. Also when will the media stop with the 'rare' interview hook - these children are encouraged to give interviews every few months.

The online mail website decided to lift stacy brown's article from that new york paper, and reprint it prominently. It lists all the possible sperm donors of paris, the subject of their previous day's cover story who opened up her heart to one of their journalists about how much she misses her dad. The media are scum, they really are. Pity the children have no 'guardians' to look out for them.

Those people are sick in their heads:no:

If Katherine and TJ allows kids to be interviewed, don't they have say how it will be printed out?
Like can Katherine and TJ check it before it goes to print. I would think they should exercise such an option considering these are just a kids.

Something i'm not getting. Isn't it obvious to Paris that the media is awfully two-faced when it comes to her and her family? So why does she still speak with them? With anyone else the media just says their outfit sucks and they despise the media, but she remains chummy with them even though they keep coming out with horrible nonsense like the Stacy Brown crap?

Those words were in The Guardian?

Uh huh, and the village of the damned writer had the nerve to berate the tabs, http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/aug/14/jackson-family-where-went-wrong
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/lostinshowbiz/2013/mar/14/michael-jacksons-kids-celebrity-footsteps Actually i was just thinking of that quote of bubbles the chimp being prince's stepbrother. No way wd a guardian writer dare write that about a black child, it's clear that he/she and the paper just assume that prince is white.
If Katherine and TJ allows kids to be interviewed, don't they have say how it will be printed out?
Like can Katherine and TJ check it before it goes to print. I would think they should exercise such an option considering these are just a kids.
Bubs, that relaying of the stacy brown story was in the next day's paper, not in the article on paris. You'd think a paper wd exercise discretion to keep in a celeb's good books, but with the jacksons they don't need to as the guardians are happy to sanction anything as long as they themselves aren't in the firing line. I thought the mail on sunday article itself ok, although i agreed with myostosis about all the digs.

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe they would write about children in that manner, words like those puts the guardian in the same category as the most basic of tabloids.

NY post, worst tabloid any where. Yesterday the daily news (ny post competition) featured the event mag piece prominently. And the post nothing. Much later the post answered with proven liar Stacy Brown.

Fired off email to the sleazoids at the ny post, asking them to stop bullying MJ babies. And if staff is thrilled, that NY Post is allowing Stacy Brown to steal money.?

The Guardian is stacked with MJ haters IMO--they are hopelessly biased against him; one of them trashed the Cirque Immortal show too.

I wish the entire media would stop calling KJ the 'matriarch'--I would LOVE to never hear that word again (unless it's applied to elephants). Why not call her the Jackson "enabler" instead??? In the article it bothered me how she controls Paris, saying she made her take out her earrings, she doen't like her new hair, and worst of all, she doesn't think it's "healthy" for Paris to have a "shrine" to MJ in her bedroom and she is encouraging her to take it down permanently. First, many fans have shrines, so why not his only daughter. Secondly, he has been gone just 3 and a half years so what's the big problem, KJ??? Let the girl have her shrine--and if you want to talk "healthy"--here's some suggestions: drop the lawsuit (not healthy to have children cross-examined about their deceased Dad), tell your cubs and your estranged husband to stand on their own 2 feet and "earn it with dignity" when it comes to $$, and you could stand to lose a few pounds for health reasons, KJ. Last but not least, find out what good parenting skills really are--it's never too late.

Last edited:
RARE photo from Paris new interview:

tumblr_mlae11cV4D1rfr0wno1_500.jpg

^yeah, looks very much it was taken in 2009 months or even weeks before. must add though that i secretly love Prince his white socks and loafers..

@ashtanga - sorry just reread what i said about that event magazine, it wasn't clear. It's a magazine that's free with the mail on sunday, it's not sold separately so mj fans won't find it in brazil.

I know. But a Brazilian fan who participates in a group about Michael on facebook and who lives in the USA will try to send some of these magazines for the fans here. :perrin: Sad. :(

Where can I purchase online the Event Magazine with Paris Jackson on the cover?
I thank you in advance for your responses.
:give_flowers:

This is a subtly unpleasant article in an unsubtly unpleasant paper ( yes, I know, I bought it, but I don't usually, and it was only to see what they had said).
My least favourite remarks in the article are;

'He was living on a cocktail of drugs to get him through his rehearsal performances; on the fateful night his personal physician Dr Conrad Murray overdosed him with a surgical anaesthetic, propofol, which he was regularly diagnosing (sic) to help Jackson sleep'. (I think they mean 'prescribing'....great journalism right there).
and

'The family left Neverland in 2005, after the second of two notorious child sex cases that dogged Jackson's later life' (Yes, only because the tabloids made them dog him...he was found innocent of all charges....but of course that is NOT mentioned!)

Lastly:
If Paris is to negotiate the colossal lawsuit she is about to begin, and then ultimately escape the shadow of her father, she will need every weapon that Katherine can give.'

As a side note, also 'Interesting' that Katherine has filled the home with 'antique furniture and Asian artefacts collected from her travels with Michael'. (Don't remember her sitting in the front row that often)

The question is how will Paris feel when she sees the full article and what they said about her father? I wonder if the family make the papers show them the final edit before the interview is published? I thought her first stories about her father would be told in a great book dedicated to him when she was older, but I guess newspaper articles are more to the guardians' liking.

Last edited:
Lester crawled out of woodworks, which I knew was going to happen when trial starts :angry:
He will be giving more interviews among other creepy crawlies from UK (Fiddler).
----------------
Michael Jackson's kids' future 'as performing monkeys'
The Sun - ‎5 hours ago‎
THE British godfather of Michael Jackson's kids has warned their increasing spells in the spotlight might turn them into “performing monkeys”. Oliver! actor Mark Lester spoke out after *****'s daughter Paris, 15, gave her first mag interview at the weekend.
-------------------

I didn't click the article so I don't know what else he says (don't care what he says), but just to show he is out there already.

Last edited:
Bubs;3808316 said:
Lester crawled out of woodworks, which I knew was going to happen when trial starts :angry:
He will be giving more interviews among other creepy crawlies from UK (Fiddler).
----------------
Michael Jackson's kids' future 'as performing monkeys'
The Sun - ‎5 hours ago‎
THE British godfather of Michael Jackson's kids has warned their increasing spells in the spotlight might turn them into “performing monkeys”. Oliver! actor Mark Lester spoke out after *****'s daughter Paris, 15, gave her first mag interview at the weekend.
-------------------

I didn't click the article so I don't know what else he says (don't care what he says), but just to show he is out there already.

Oh how very kind for Lester to be concerns about the childrens welfare *sarcasm* not so concerned so as not to rock the very foundations of everything they have ever known. Move along..... next!

http://i.imgur.com/QIbrE7D.gif
In this bit reads that she hugs chef Kai and mentions female bodyguard.
I'm glad Kai Chase is their chef, that they have people there that they got to know while their dad was alive. I suppose Paris has female bodyguard so she can follow Paris to everywhere, including girls locker room.

Katherine got all the credit in that article for raising Paris well--but putting her in the trial to get $ for cubs is such a violation. Hate this!!!

Frankly, this article is another disgusting way to exploit young children for the benefit of adults--something that has been a pattern since MJ was 5 and it sickens me the KJ hasn't learned a thing. She says in the article that Michael's life was 'sad'--why was it 'sad"--did she ever look inside and ask herself how she helped to make it sad??

I agree. She made Michael's life sad, and now she is helping to make kids life "sad" by allowing them to be used for all sort of murky businesses, and helping people with agenda of their own.
She seriously should look woman in the mirror and then think what made MJ's life sad, and not repeat same mistakes with his kids.

Somebody gave me some info regarding Guardian.
Firstly, that Jack Peretti works for guardian. They write loads of crap about MJ and Caroline Graham had spent decades writing horrendous things about MJ. i remember her back in 93 with the allegations. She worked for the Mirror and i also think possibly the today newspaper until it closed maybe ten years ago. They were horrendous to MJ, her name has always stuck out to me when I think of hater reporters.

Paris also posted on her twitter that she didn't agree for them to talk about her wanting to be a surgeon.

^Jeez, you're right, just checked for peretti's articles in the guardian and there is the most disgusting one on mj to accompany that doc he did in 07, at least they didn't go back to him for 25 june retrospectives. He'll just be freelancer, he doesn't work fulltime as a 'journalist'.

Caroline grahame, really? Well latoya is prepared toget into bed with victorg so nothing surprises me about the media company she keeps, but to pass her onto paris, smh.

How funny for Mark Lester to call them "performing monkeys" after both his exploitation of Paris as a young grieving child (quickly denounced by his own ex wife who pointed out MJ had never physically met the tosser after 1980 until 2002, long after everyone had been born), but also at how he used that moment to try and hope the world would sign his own daughter up as a model.

I wish MJ knew what he was dealing with.

Paris also posted on her twitter that she didn't agree for them to talk about her wanting to be a surgeon.

Her first lesson: the media will stab you in the back. She needs to remember what Bashit did to Michael. Hopefully she talks about the way they portrayed her father in that article too. I hope she learns now that she has to choose who she speaks to, & make sure her people have written documents about the do's & don'ts.

:35 pm - 04/17/2013Paris Jackson's Exclusive Interview With The Daily Mirror's "Event" Magazine

Michael Jackson's 15-year-old daughter talks about growing up with the King of Pop, reconnecting with mother Debbie Rowe, bickering with Grandma about hair-cuts and tattoos, her dreams for the future of Neverland, and more!

The Jackson family home in the secluded hills above Los Angeles is a rented 12,670sq ft Mediterranean-style villa. Somehow, by superstar standards, it is surprisingly homely. The black iron-and-glass front doors are 12ft high, but a tattered "Welcome" mat sits in front of them.

Inside, two large staircases curve away from the marble hallway. On the walls of the "children's wing" on the second floor are two giant framed portraits of Michael Jackson, and a caricature of him dressed as Peter Pan surrounded by his three children.

On the bed of 11-year-old Blanket's bedroom is a stuffed toy shark. A complicated half-completed <i style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Star Wars spaceship model is on the floor of 16-year-old Prince's room, in front of a glass aquarium, which houses a boa constrictor called Athena -- named, Paris Jackson later informs me, "after the Greek goddess". Both the boys' rooms have memorabilia -- Michael Jackson dolls and posters.

Paris' room could belong to any 15-year-old. Clothes and shoes lie across the floor and a stack of magazines, make-up and homework is piled on the mirrored bedside table.

But there are also four expensive guitars propped up against one wall, and the label on one casually discarded vintage jacket is by the French couturier Balmain. There is a gray rabbit named Vinny, after Vince Neil, leader singer of the "totally rad" rock group Mötley Crüe.

Paris herself is sprawled on the floor in front of me, gently caressing her brother's pet snake. She is coltish; all gangling arms and legs. She recently chopped off her long dark hair into an edgy "punk" cut and looks very different from the girl we all saw for the first time at her father's memorial service, when toward the end, the family gathered on stage to offer the final eulogies. Jackson's then-11-year-old daughter, Paris Katherine, tearfully told the crowd, "Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. … I just wanted to say I love him so much."

Now she says shyly: "Please come in. Make yourself at home, if you can find somewhere to sit. Welcome to my world."

(ABOVE: Paris Jackson photographed in front of her family's Calabasas mansion.)

On being raised by the King of Pop:

"I have lots of memories of my father," says Paris, tapping the side of her head. "We were privileged because we had our dad and we had our house that we were living in [Neverland]. We knew he was a singer. I guess I got used to it. It just seemed normal to me at the time.

"He was an incredible father. We all loved him to death. He had that good energy where you just didn't want to leave. Like, you're always just comfortable with him."

"He wanted the best for us. He always made sure we were healthy. He made sure we stuck to school. He'd try to educate us as much as he could and was always looking out for us. He was very protective."

Paris also recalled a childhood habit of telling her father "I love you" every time he would leave the room: "I'd be scared of what could happen. You know, I've seen way too many movies!"

On wearing the masks and veils:

"The masks were [my dad's] idea," Paris explains. "He didn't want anyone [in the media] to see what we looked like. That way we could have what he didn't, which was a normal childhood."

Prince Jackson similarly told Oprah in a 2009 interview that he and his siblings "appreciated" wearing masks when in public with their father, because "[then] when we did go out without our dad, nobody would really recognize us."

On traveling the world as a child:

Often, as Paris recalls, she and her family were far from the nucleus [of Neverland], traveling on faraway legs of her father's concerts.

"We were used to being on the road," she explains. "My dad would try making the hotels we'd stay in like home. He had this little projector that he would bring around, and he'd take a white sheet off the bed and pin it up. Then he'd put pillows all over the ground and we would watch DVDs and movies all the time. We had our own home theater. It was really cool!

"One of my favorite places to visit was Tokyo. It's just beautiful there, especially in the spring. I do remember visiting London a lot. I love London, I love being there. It's beautiful."

On her dreams for the future of Neverland:

Paris revisited her childhood home two years ago, and noted sadly the ferris wheel had been removed. (The family left Neverland in 2005.)

"I cried and cried," Paris says. "It's beautiful there. It still has good energy. I think it should be restored to how it used to be, so that the children who couldn't have a childhood could have fun there. That was [my dad's] goal -- like kids in hospital. They should restore all the rides and everything. As soon as I'm an adult" -- she snaps her fingers -- "I am on it. Count on it."

<iframe src="http://l.lj-toys.com/?auth_token=sessionless%3A1366236000%3Aembedcontent%3A3616053%26528790%26%26youtube%267MLrnTWZhzc%3A9f159b7fc2c00ca22d22b357b5a82dc1d37017dd&source=youtube&vid=7MLrnTWZhzc&moduleid=528790&preview=&journalid=3616053" width="420" height="315" frameborder="0" class="lj_embedcontent" name="embed_3616053_528790" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; vertical-align: top;"></iframe>
(ABOVE: Home video of Michael Jackson celebrating daughter Paris' 4th birthday at Neverland.)

On her musical tastes & being taught to dance by her father:

Music is a passion. Paris points to an old-fashioned record player and pulls down a box of vinyl records:

"The quality is better with vinyl," she says. "It just sounds better.

"I love everything from the Eighties. I definitely was born in the wrong era. I love the Arctic Monkeys, the Pixies, AC/DC, Mötley Crüe, Alice Cooper, the Smiths. I love Nirvana too -- I have their whole collection. We grew up listening to everything. We listened to a lot of classics, like Motown. Dad was a really big Queen fan. Oh my God, I love Freddie Mercury so much!"

[...] Gratifyingly, Paris has charm and impeccable manners. And just like her father, she comes alive in front of the camera. During the 48 hours Event Magazine spent with her, for interviews and a photoshoot, there were no nerves. During one shot, she brandished a guitar and danced around with abandon to Billy Idol's Rebel Yell, singing the lyrics with perfect sync.

"My dad taught me how to dance. I would always dance. And yes, he did teach me the moonwalk!"

On being home-schooled & transitioning to private school:

"[Home-school] was kind of boring," she says. "I was in the same room with my brother all day."

Both Paris and her older brother Prince now attend an exclusive private school in near-by Sherman Oaks, California. The youngest, Blanket, is still home-schooled.

The 15-year-old says that while she "pretty much has the hang" of private school now, her initial introduction was a bit difficult: "Oh my God! You know how everyone has an awkward phase? I had these glasses, the short hair, I was chubby..."

Grandma Katherine Jackson pipes up, "You were never chubby, my dear."

At her new school, Paris says, she's been trying out different things. "I did photography for a bit, then I did cheerleading. Then I did football. I'm trying to find myself, find out what I'm most comfortable with. ... I want to be an actress, but just throughout high school. Then I want to go to medical school and be a doctor specializing in heart surgery. I want to help people, that's it."

But the teen claims that she's more of a creative, "right brain" type of person, while her brother Prince (an all-A student, his grandmother recently boasted on CNN) is more of a "left brain."

"Academic subjects come much easier to Prince. I don't know how he does it!"

On reconnecting with her mother Debbie Rowe & the pains of 24/7 security:

Paris continues, "I want to have a normal high-school experience, [but] it's hard to hard to have a normal childhood when you have security with you all the time. I'm on a tight leash and I feel if that leash was loosened a little bit I would definitely have a chance at a normal childhood, because I have friends who are completely normal, and hey -- they don't even think of me as MJ's kid. They think of me as who I am, you know?"

The teen adds: "When I'm with my mom, we don't really have security with us. Which is really nice."

Paris recently rekindled her relationship with her biological mother Debbie Rowe, the former nurse who was married to Michael Jackson from 1996 to 1999 and gave birth to his eldest two children. She spent her 15th birthday (April 3rd) with Debbie; the two went shopping around Hollywood, visited Amoeba Records, and drank Boba tea. Paris says the outing was "really fun."

A "friend" of the Jacksons told Brit tabloid The Mirror that Paris wants to learn more about Debbie’s relationship with her father: "Paris is very inquisitive and found Debbie easy to bond with."

Paris previously expressed her affection for Debbie on Twitter, wishing her a happy Mother's Day in May 2012.

"#iLoveMyMomBecause she gave my father love :) <3" the teenager wrote.

A few months later, Paris posted an old photo of her father kissing Debbie's cheek, captioned with the words, "mommy and daddy <3"

(ABOVE: Michael Jackson and his children photographed with Star Wars actor Carrie Fisher on Christmas Eve 2008.)

On growing apart from her brothers:

During this interview, both Prince and Blanket are away in Las Vegas on a trip to a robotics convention. Paris clearly relishes her time alone: "It's lovely and quiet without them."

She says she and her brothers "don't really have a lot in common. But when I do hang out with them, we play video games a lot. Mortal Kombat gets pretty competitive in my house!

"Me and Prince are very different. When we were younger we were two peas in a pod. Now we don't have anything in common any more."

On bickering with Grandma over hair-cuts, piercings, and tattoos:

Paris certainly looks suddenly a lot more grown-up than the 11-year-old girl we all saw for the first time at her father's memorial service. Her new hair-do is a bone of contention between her and her granny. Katherine gently chides her for cutting her hair.

"But Grandma, I'm letting it grow," Paris insists. "It's actually getting longer."

Katherine rolls her eyes. "She thinks I'm dumb," she shrugs. "Last week she came out of the kitchen and said 'Ta-da! Surprise!' And she'd only gone and dyed the tips of her hair red with food coloring. I don't understand the younger generation at all. She looked so pretty before with her lovely long natural hair. Now look at it!"

"But Grandma -- it's edgy," Paris says, to which Katherine replies: "I don't care what it is, it looked better before."

Tattoos are another bone of contention between the two. Katherine says, "I pray she doesn't ruin her body with tattoos. Why do young people get them -- and piercings too? Paris had some earrings in earlier that looked like those ones that stretch your earlobes. I made her take them out straight away."

Paris has other plans, though; a more permanent tribute to her dad. She treasures a note he wrote to her in which he expressed his undying love: "I want to get that tattooed on my left wrist and my grandma's name tattooed on my right wrist -- when I am old enough, of course."

On the dangers of social-networking:

"I usually get into trouble because I tweet a lot of stuff that I shouldn't tweet and there's a lot of drama," Paris says.

"I used to have Instagram but the comments kind of got a little bit wild, so I deleted it. People would start fights in the comment section and then people would get mad at me for deleting the comments. They'd start calling me names. It was just annoying.

"On Twitter I used to take everything personally when people would tweet me [negative] stuff. So, I'm like, 'I need to stop.' I was very upset. I try not to look at my mentions all the time because there's so much hate there. I've stopped reading it. I try not reading about my family."

More pics from the Event Magazine photoshoot:

Click on the photos to view full-size.

</i>
tumblr_ml966yKdOT1r0kva7o2_500.gif

Sources - 1, 2

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/76999440.html#ixzz2QlPxzRRK

Wooop 48 following her?! Is this becoming like a shorter version of bashits doc? Even though im commenting and expressing my feelings, i just dont want neither the world or us have the chance to do so cause she shouldnt be doing this NOW. Pls let them grow and make decisions for themself... That the only thing, they might give away too much private info cause of their innocent hearts

U know ill be honest here. sonetines i have to stop myself from getting angry with paris or the kids. angry because i see her talkibg to the same scum that has spent decades destroying her father. its like being kicked in the stomach when i see these articles. especially someone like graham who i also remember from 93 onwards and her disgusting articles about mj. then the day after her interviewed was published the mail printed stacy browns latest hackjob as a thank you for getting the paris exclusive. i have to remind myself that toya is pally with graham and no doubt set this up and that paris is obviousky clueless to what went on 20 years ago. but then i think she shouldnt be and should educate herself considering how she knows how her dad was treated

U know ill be honest here. sonetines i have to stop myself from getting angry with paris or the kids. angry because i see her talkibg to the same scum that has spent decades destroying her father. its like being kicked in the stomach when i see these articles. especially someone like graham who i also remember from 93 onwards and her disgusting articles about mj. then the day after her interviewed was published the mail printed stacy browns latest hackjob as a thank you for getting the paris exclusive. i have to remind myself that toya is pally with graham and no doubt set this up and that paris is obviousky clueless to what went on 20 years ago. but then i think she shouldnt be and should educate herself considering how she knows how her dad was treated

You're not the only one who feels this way.

@elusive moonwalker exactly @the last thing. today i suddenly began thinking about that too, like, doenst she know think MJ went through because of most people who are around her now? She seems pretty intelligent for her age speaking like that, but thats about it as far as we can see. I pray she knows these things and not just the good part of her dad but also the bad things that have happened. you sure she is aware of how her daddy was treated? cause im not. i dont think she knows that these are the same people she is surrounded with which hurts indeed to say the least

But Prince said in his tweet after Katherine being kidnapped that MJ used to warn him about certain people which made me believe that the kids DO know who wronged their dad. But maybe MJ didn't go into many details, I don't know.

But everything the kids needs to know is out there, hell all of us on here knows it. They just need to google certain people and they'll know just what they did to their dad.

Of course shes clueless about graham and the mail. these are british reporters and papers. she wont have a clue about their history. and u see this is where the problem lies. because in a normal loving family family members wouldnt be pally with such ppl. they would act like us and protect the kids from those that hurt the kids,do their research on anyone who wanted to come within 100 miles of your brothers kids. but unfortunatly we have seen that the family arent normal and are the complete opposite and will work with the same ppl who tried to destroy their brother.and no doubt tell the kids this reporter and paper are good they supported your dad.

why would any fan want to feed the same reporters and papers that even now are wanting to destroy mj and use his kids

Back