Exclusive interview with Paris Jackson on growing up with Michael

I agree with you on Paris, I have thought and said the same thing, but when that does happen the fans have to take responsibility as well, she is placed on such a high pedestal by the fans for just being Michaels daughter, the fans are the ones making the demand for everything PP&B. I've said this and more over and over.

Yes, and I don't understand that, to be honest. While I want PPB to do well in life in ways those would make them and Michael happy and proud, I'm not a fan of them. I'm a fan of MJ. I do not need to know everything the kids do, I do not need to follow them. I do not need them to be in newspapers, in photoshoots, whatever. I want to hear and read about Michael's music, not his children.

By the time Paris will turn 18-20 they will start tearing her down, IMO. They are nice to her now, because it would come across as distasteful to attack a child, but overexposing her, while she hasn't done anything yet on her own merit, only fuels people's jealousy and hate for her. So when the papers finally decide to turn on her, the public will already be very receptive of that sentiment. So even such seemingly nice articles are harmful.It's the favorite game of tabloids: build them up to tear them down.

ETA: And LastTear, I'd like you to know I did not mean to attack you for posting the article, if you took it that way. I did not have your comment in mind when I made my first comment in this thread. I'm just pissed off to see Paris in the Daily Mail and I also wish fans would see it's not a great thing, no matter how nice this article is. It will have its bad consequences on the long term on Paris.

Last edited:
480678_518250864904126_1392157528_n.jpg

Glenn Nutley ?@glennnutley 11h

@ParisJackson it was so great to meet you and work with you on this! You look amazing! Cant wait to see the rest... http://fb.me/1H6ZjFksO
Retweetet von Paris Jackso?

This is a subtly unpleasant article in an unsubtly unpleasant paper ( yes, I know, I bought it, but I don't usually, and it was only to see what they had said).
My least favourite remarks in the article are;

'He was living on a cocktail of drugs to get him through his rehearsal performances; on the fateful night his personal physician Dr Conrad Murray overdosed him with a surgical anaesthetic, propofol, which he was regularly diagnosing (sic) to help Jackson sleep'. (I think they mean 'prescribing'....great journalism right there).
and

'The family left Neverland in 2005, after the second of two notorious child sex cases that dogged Jackson's later life' (Yes, only because the tabloids made them dog him...he was found innocent of all charges....but of course that is NOT mentioned!)

Lastly:
If Paris is to negotiate the colossal lawsuit she is about to begin, and then ultimately escape the shadow of her father, she will need every weapon that Katherine can give.'

As a side note, also 'Interesting' that Katherine has filled the home with 'antique furniture and Asian artefacts collected from her travels with Michael'. (Don't remember her sitting in the front row that often)

There is a reason that this article has been published now, and it is because Paris has made a deposition for the upcoming AEG trial, and is anticipated to testify. The Mail is using her as 'acceptable' bait to follow the trial. They are trying to hook their readers in, before the trial begins. Everything is signposted in the article. They might just have well have ended it with the words...and watch out in the next 2 weeks as we start to report on yet more sensational not-to be missed accounts from Michael Jackson's former ' (enter role / name of associate here.) I think we can be sure of the direction of 'spin' that the Mail will place on every reference to medication, Michael's state of health, bankability after previous court case etc etc.

It is my belief that tabloid articles (like this one) will continue to use the children to make underhand and unpleasant digs at Michael. It makes me angry and very sad. The children will never escape the shadow created by the tabloids.

Last edited:
I remember articles that the Daily Mail wrote about Michael and they were anything but nice and true. Just because there are worse that doesn't make them any good. The article is nice to Paris (and MJ), because now tabloids are in the process of building Paris up. Wait until they decide time has come to tear her down. You will see their true nature then... Paris just should not be allowed in this situation and she should not be in any newspaper at this time of her life, IMO.

Daily Mail are infamous

But though the Daily Mail may not pay for certain stories, they will run utter crap about people and have done it about MJ. They may not be The Sun, but they're still crap, and I wouldn't let my kids anywhere near an interview with them.

Anyway, this article is okay, though of course I'm cynical about the tone about MJ and his kids always in pieces like this...

^^^ Agreed completely @myosotis , especially about AEG and the fact its the shadow the tabloids cast that is the issue she'll have to deal with confronting and escaping.

@respect77 No worries, we were both a bit taken aback in different ways. And yes sadly it is only a matter of time before the media turn, they do it with everyone, they love to build them up just to tear them down.

"Paris Jackson wants to see part of her father’s billion dollar legacy used to restore his Neverland estate for sick children to enjoy, she has revealed."

Is the billion dollar legacy in reference to the trial? It's a nice thought to restore Neverland & create a hospital for children & she being a surgeon will be beautiful, but I don't get the billion dollare reference here. I don't want to believe the Jacksons guided her on what to say in this interview, kind of telling the money will be used for a good cause. Probably i'm thinking to negatively but I expected the worst from the Jacksons.

The problem is not seeing her on tabloids or not but the people who are around her. Paris didn't came up with the idea of this interview, it was La Toya and other ass kissers from the Jacksons. Because of them the kids are associated with such media crap. Michael would had wanted his children to be successful and and to be associated with credible people from the industry, those bunch vultures they have as "family" are the ones to blame. They obviously don't have Michael's vision.

Why Katherine keeps saying the Encino house is the family house & that she won't sell it?

I find these interviews fake as hell, but Paris does well in them.

And I get this is all Latoya can get for her, but I still find it crazy how the industry didn't really bite when it came to Paris. Just seems like with other celeb kids they just show their faces somewhere and the offers start coming in.

But i'm glad that it appears that she has moved on for now from this acting thing. The whole celebrity thing is scary, and with the family being such idiots, it's scary to think what offers the vultures would have been bringing this kid.

The problem is not seeing her on tabloids or not but the people who are around her. Paris didn't came up with the idea of this interview, it was La Toya and other ass kissers from the Jacksons. Because of them the kids are associated with such media crap. Michael would had wanted his children to be successful and and to be associated with credible people from the industry, those bunch vultures they have as "family" are the ones to blame. They obviously don't have Michael's vision.

I agree, and worry that LT is setting Paris up for future conflict with her siblings...perhaps LT has a 'divide and rule' policy? I notice that the interview quotes Paris as saying ' I think (Neverland) should be restored to how it used to be, so that children who couldn't have a childhood could have fun there. .....As soon as I'm an adult, I am on it'. I can well imagine Prince ( and Blanket) thinking 'What about our wishes for Neverland?'. It would have been better if Paris had said 'We think..etc'. (Perhaps she did, and the Mail didn't report it).

Tellingly, the article quotes Paris as saying ' 'Me and Prince are very different. When we were young we were two peas in a pod. Now we don't have anything in common any more.' The reporter adds that Paris 'relishes her time alone ' It's lovely and quiet without them (Prince and Blanket).

That all seems to be quite intentionally written to try to set the young siblings against each other. In fact the article seems to concentrate on Paris's conflicts with Katherine too (hair, earrings, tattoos, picture 'shrine' for Michael', feeling 'on a tight leash'). The press love to stir things up, and once things are in print, they can be quoted back at you for evermore.

Last edited:
She made an emotional pilgrimage to her childhood home two years ago and was dismayed to see its famous Ferris wheel had been removed.

‘I cried and cried,’ said Paris. ‘It’s beautiful there. It still has good energy.'

She said it should be restored for the benefit of less privileged children.

Paris said she plans to start the project as soon as she is an adult herself.

Neverland-Creek-neverland-valley-ranch-19461926-600-400.jpg

Neverland:
‘It’s beautiful there. It still has good energy.'

Last edited:
I wonder if Paris realises that the Ferris wheel left Neverland a long time ago.

Also, Prince and Blanket are both away for a school trip? Blanket is still homeschooled.

I wonder if Paris realises that the Ferris wheel left Neverland a long time ago.

Also, Prince and Blanket are both away for a school trip? Blanket is still homeschooled.

Homeschooled children are often part of a community with other homeschoolers. Sometimes certain subjects are studied together, some within a district meet to do PE together and they go on field trips as well. I'm speculating but many homeschoolers are an active part of their community as well. They play soccer and visit museums, they are not chained to the desk in their room contrary to public opinion. Some homeschooled kids even participate in parts of the public school system.

The US school system is quite diverse with its vast landscape of public secular schools, private secular and religious schools, special ED etc.
There's a lot children can do within the school system - from speech therapy, ergo therapy to special education - to a mix of all of that.

Last edited:
Homeschooled children are often part of a community with other homeschoolers. Sometimes certain subjects are studied together, some within a district meet to do PE together and they go on field trips as well. I'm speculating but many homeschoolers are an active part of their community as well. They play soccer and visit museums, they are not chained to the desk in their room contrary to public opinion. Some homeschooled kids even participate in parts of the public school system.

The US school system is quite diverse with its vast landscape of public secular schools, private secular and religious schools, special ED etc.
There's a lot children can do within the school system - from speech therapy, ergo therapy to special education - to a mix of all of that.

Yes I realise that, I was confused how Prince and Blanket could be on the same school trip, maybe I misread.

Yes I realise that, I was confused how Prince and Blanket could be on the same school trip, maybe I misread.

True, who knows. I've often seen kids of all different age visiting the same site at the same time - Science Museum, Farms what have you. Often school districts bundle days like that when the staff goes off to continuous education, etc.

Who knows, really. That interview is a lot of words with not a heck of a lot of information. "Daily Mail" per usual.

Not much we can do if her guardians allow this. I hope she will take the path away from Hollywood. She doesn't have to be in Hollywood to help people.

^yeah as stated in the interview she just wants to be an actress throughout highschool. if thats true, then chapeau, smart girl.

Thanks for posting this but there are some outrageous things in that article, such as "if Paris is to escape the shadow of her father"---excuse me, the shadow? escape? Why did the article have to end with such a crappy statement. There was nothing like a shadow--it was LIGHT!!!

Katherine got all the credit in that article for raising Paris well--but putting her in the trial to get $ for cubs is such a violation. Hate this!!!

Frankly, this article is another disgusting way to exploit young children for the benefit of adults--something that has been a pattern since MJ was 5 and it sickens me the KJ hasn't learned a thing. She says in the article that Michael's life was 'sad'--why was it 'sad"--did she ever look inside and ask herself how she helped to make it sad??

Last edited:
I tend to agree with last tear, the daily mail in the uk is considered a midmarket tabloid, and is seen as less ridiculously sensationalist than the sun/star/mirror. If we're going for the worst tab stories for mj, it's the sun/notw and the mirror handsdown. And actually i find the uk broadsheets as snide and negative towards mj as some of the tabs.

This article looks like it's been set up by latoya. I posted an article in the aeg section for bubs about thome a day or 2 ago about latoya's big reveal just after mj's memorial about mj being murdered. It was by caroline graham who also did this piece, she told larry king that she and latoya had a relationship.
[youtube]tZCE0koa_G0[/youtube]

The interview is clearly designed to highlight the upcoming aeg trial - all paris's interviews are used to promote something or other, they're never random - eg heal the world, lundon bridge etc. The article is portraying all the plaintiffs in this lawsuit in an extremely rosy tinted light - a loving family unit, probably to counteract the wildfire of madness last year which seems to have been only hinted at.

@ashtanga This magazine, event, is a new venture for the mailosunday and was heavily advertised on the net and tv this last week.

Yes, the article in Event is VERY VERY VERY favorable to KJ. Thanks for pointing out the connection of Caroline Graham to LaLaLaToya. Interesting that when Larry King asks if LaLa was paid for that interview, Caroline refuses to answer, but of course she was paid otherwise she wouldn't have given the interview in the first place. So who got paid for exploiting Paris in the recent article? KJ has no shame.

Last edited:
I'm so mad....
kermit.gif
brazilian fans are desperate for this magazine. :doh: Many want to buy. :sigh: :puke: I wish Paris was left alone. She is not a celebrity. She is just a teenage and should have a normal life with any other teenager. The press should leave her alone. :perrin:

I wonder who gave the OK to Paris do this interview... or encouraged her to do.... :fear: La Toya? Or another family member? :blink: Something is not right here. :nono: I feel that has finger of family on it. :bugeyed Sad. :( *big sigh*

@ashtanga This magazine, event, is a new venture for the mailosunday and was heavily advertised on the net and tv this last week.

:fear:

Thanks!

^^ That's what I was talking about. It's very sad to see Michael's own fans help to feed the media frenzy around Michael's children. I feel there is an unhealthy obsession with Michael's children on some fans' part. Like you said, they are NOT celebrities. They have NOT done anything on their own merit. They have NO place in the media and in the public eye. I don't want them to become another Paris Hilton.

Moreover, we have seen that Michael was trying to protect them from publicity. Yes, they are older now and they would not wear masks for ever, even if Michael was around, but I'm sure they would not be giving interviews to and taking photoshoots with tabloids either. I wish fans would have the self-discipline not to support this in any way.

Katherine Jackson once again FAILED as a guardian! Same goes for TJ Jackson.

^ Agree. Also when will the media stop with the 'rare' interview hook - these children are encouraged to give interviews every few months.

The online mail website decided to lift stacy brown's article from that new york paper, and reprint it prominently. It lists all the possible sperm donors of paris, the subject of their previous day's cover story who opened up her heart to one of their journalists about how much she misses her dad. The media are scum, they really are. Pity the children have no 'guardians' to look out for them.

@ashtanga - sorry just reread what i said about that event magazine, it wasn't clear. It's a magazine that's free with the mail on sunday, it's not sold separately so mj fans won't find it in brazil.

Last edited:
^ Agree. Also when will the media stop with the 'rare' interview hook - these children are encouraged to give interviews every few months.

The online mail website decided to lift stacy brown's article from that new york paper, and reprint it prominently. It lists all the possible sperm donors of paris, the subject of their previous day's cover story who opened up her heart to one of their journalists about how much she misses her dad. The media are scum, they really are. Pity the children have no 'guardians' to look out for them.

Even I did not think the Daily Mail would turn this quick... But that's the tabloid media for you. That's exactly why fans should not support this.

LastTear;3807585 said:
And yes sadly it is only a matter of time before the media turn, they do it with everyone, they love to build them up just to tear them down.

Oh it's already started, and with the children themselves not just directed at mj. Two phrases from articles on the jacksons in the last year from that bastion of political correctness, the guardian, most definitely not a tabloid.
"Not being an expert in blended family terminology, I am not sure how precisely one describes the relationship between Prince Michael and Bubbles. Whether Bubbles is Prince's step-brother or step-chimp, I wouldn't like to hazard."
and "Jackson's daughter Paris – the one with the Village of the Damned eyes – stepped up as her generation's chatty, flying-thumbed representative in the feud." - they're talking about how a 14yr old reacted when her only guardian was taken and kept away from her by members of her own family.

There's an underlying nastiness and cruelty in these broadsheet commentator's articles that haven't even appeared yet in the tabs. The tabs might interview the matt fiddeses etc but the broadsheets content themselves with comparing mj's children to the midwich cuckoos.

Last edited:
dhHpJ.png

(Above: Paris Jackson feeding one of the llamas at Neverland Valley Ranch in 2001)

Bonnie Blue;3808009 said:
Oh it's already started, and with the children themselves not just directed at mj. Two phrases from articles on the jacksons in the last year from that bastion of political correctness, the guardian, most definitely not a tabloid.
"Not being an expert in blended family terminology, I am not sure how precisely one describes the relationship between Prince Michael and Bubbles. Whether Bubbles is Prince's step-brother or step-chimp, I wouldn't like to hazard."
and "Jackson's daughter Paris – the one with the Village of the Damned eyes – stepped up as her generation's chatty, flying-thumbed representative in the feud." - they're talking about how a 14yr old reacted when her only guardian was taken and kept away from her by members of her own family.

There's an underlying nastiness and cruelty in these broadsheet commentator's articles that haven't even appeared yet in the tabs. The tabs might interview the matt fiddeses etc but the broadsheets content themselves with comparing mj's children to the midwich cuckoos.

Those words were in The Guardian?

Back