Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie 'Searching for Neverland' from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

Interesting... I might take a look at this whenever it comes online then.

So Katherine and Jermaine saw the film ha? and it was an 'emotional experience'! Good to know

Saw some tweets. It seems Suzanne de Paaze may have censored the book and gave the family a wonderfull role in Michaels live. That wasn`t part of the book.
So I don`t expect the episode with Randy gets a mention in the film.

40C365B500000578-0-image-m-77_1495818754146.jpg

40C40F2C00000578-0-image-m-78_1495818917210.jpg

michael-jackson-searching-for-neverland3.jpg

How Lifetime's Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland Cast Compares to Their Real-Life Counterparts
http://www.eonline.com/news/857334/...-to-their-real-life-counterparts#photo-817914

Michael Jackson impersonator says he felt King of Pop's presence on Lifetime movie set
http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/26/michael.../?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

I just read another review(good) that implied family shows up wanting money or pressure to do shows. So it sounds like it's in there.
Amir Williams and Raymone sound like villains in the piece.

I just read another review(good) that implied family shows up wanting money or pressure to do shows. So it sounds like it's in there.
Amir Williams and Raymone sound like villains in the piece.

and this is why this movie will be the train wreck because his family has been trashed for decades when they are not the root of the problem......

how were they pressuring Michael to do shows when Michael Jackson himself wanted to book more shows at that 02 arena for a concert series than any performer who preceded him.....he wanted that distinction, and thus the 50 shows were booked.......

and for a person of mexican descent to portray a man who was black shows just far how things got way outta hand and fast........

and this is why this movie will be the train wreck because his family has been trashed for decades when they are not the root of the problem......

how were they pressuring Michael to do shows when Michael Jackson himself wanted to book more shows at that 02 arena for a concert series than any performer who preceded him.....he wanted that distinction, and thus the 50 shows were booked.......

and for a person of mexican descent to portray a man who was black shows just far how things got way outta hand and fast........
I can't tell you because I haven't read the book or seen the movie yet. I personally don't have a problem with navi being Mexican. I will have a problem with it, if it's in any way pitiful acting or reduced to caricature and parody.

The bodyguards' book wasn't the only account telling the Jacksons were pressuring Michael with money and doing shows,business associates in 2006-2008 stated that there wasn't anything wrong or odd with him, they were the ones putting the oddness and tension in the room bothering Michael and pressuring him. Some fans of the family not wanting to accept the facts, that's another story.

The bodyguards' book wasn't the only account telling the Jacksons were pressuring Michael with money and doing shows,business associates in 2006-2008 stated that there wasn't anything wrong or odd with him, they were the ones putting the oddness and tension in the room bothering Michael and pressuring him. Some fans of the family not wanting to accept the facts, that's another story.

Bloop.
You said what you said and you were right.
I just can't with some "MJ fans" defending people that talked trash about Michael and/or did him wrong.
Nope, I ain't picking and choosing people to defend.
Nobody gets cut cards from me (even his family).
If I'm nice about someone that talked trash about Michael and/or did him wrong it's because I don't know about what they did/said.

"MJ fans" being just as big a fan of (or a bigger fan of) people connected to Michael (mainly women and family) then they are of Michael himself is a pretty big cause of division/contention amongst the MJ fandom.

Just facts.

Last edited:

Not his biggest problem for sure but when Randy Jackson is demanding to see MJ yelling that MJ owns him money
and he will call the press if the guard doesn't let him in then you can have an idea of the problems his family created for him.
They used him as a bank, to put it simply.

how were they pressuring Michael to do shows when Michael Jackson himself wanted to book more shows at that 02 arena for a concert series

They wanted him to do shows with them. They didn't care about his solo concert. They wanted a Jackson Five reunion.
And MJ wanted none of it. So he cut them off. I would have done the same.

BTW Navy sounds so annoying and whiny when he tries to talk like MJ . He is not even remotely like the real thing.

Last edited:
The one who leaked the story to the press in the summer of 2008 that Mj was suffering from liver and kidney failure due to being alcoholic was Randy Jackson and that was after he came back to the US for the simple fact that Mj sued the accountancy firm that Randy hired because Mj was being sued left and right by people who were deprived by Randy and that accountancy firm from their monies when he was running mj's affairs and conspiring with others to steal his assets. He was angry that Mj did not surrender and let him sell the ATV catalogue so Randy could take his piece of the pie. He lost his mind when Mj named him in a legal deposition as one of those who tried to steal the catalogue. They were a huge part of his problems. They made themselves the saviors of a ravaged drug addict in their attempt to get money from AEG. They tried to backpedal when they discovered how stupid they were to go that route. Not out of concern for him or those kids he left behind, but because AEG used their own falsified stories to destroy their case.

and this is why there's never going to be an accurate depiction of this man's life because everything is compartmentalized into each segment of his career based on the way things had evolved, and it's all based on the point of reference and who gets to tell the story

how did his family pressure him to do anything.......nobody or no fan has any concrete proof that was the case, how can they pressure him to do anything from 2006-2008 when he wasn't even in the country and was living a half a world away.

and at the end of the day, the real reality is that there wasn't any money in the end, Michael Jackson after 40 years of performing found himself a half a billion in the whole, and that's why he was in position where he had to agree to do a concert series he was not ready or capable to perform after not having done a concert series in 12 years.......

that's the only reason he did it......his family had nothing to do with that

the man hadn't recorded an album with his brothers since 1984 after Thriller so I'm supposed to believe that his brothers were banging on his door every day for 25 years to force him to perform with them

his brothers were not pressuring him to do shows as much as pressure in of itself force him to sign up for those 02 concerts.......

his business partner manager who help stage that auction in 2008 offered that opportunity for him to regain footing by agreeing to the 02 concerts. It wasn't even about his brothers......

He was estranged from his family for years after Thriller, not because of his family trying to greed off of him, heck he and Randy Jackson started their own music publishing company MIRAN back in 1980-1981......it was opportunists who greeded off of him and sought to separate him from his family once he reached the pinnacle of his career with Thriller.

Jermaine Jackson did a number of interviews in the mid 80s/early 90s that I know these bodyguards don't know anything about where he said how opportunists were already looking to divide and exploit the family during that time.

This movie will gloss over allot of realities when in reality, if things were where they should have been, Michael Jackson would not have been forced to sign up for these concerts, he would have been on cruise control and schedule future concerts when he was truly ready to do them

when a person finds themselves in that big a deficit, family is not the cause of that.

The best depiction of Michael Jackson was by the late Wylie Draper who hit MJ to a T and was a technically trained dancer to boot.

and this is why there's never going to be an accurate depiction of this man's life because everything is compartmentalized into each segment of his career based on the way things had evolved, and it's all based on the point of reference and who gets to tell the story

how did his family pressure him to do anything.......nobody or no fan has any concrete proof that was the case, how can they pressure him to do anything from 2006-2008 when he wasn't even in the country and was living a half a world away.

and at the end of the day, the real reality is that there wasn't any money in the end, Michael Jackson after 40 years of performing found himself a half a billion in the whole, and that's why he was in position where he had to agree to do a concert series he was not ready or capable to perform after not having done a concert series in 12 years.......

that's the only reason he did it......his family had nothing to do with that

the man hadn't recorded an album with his brothers since 1984 after Thriller so I'm supposed to believe that his brothers were banging on his door every day for 25 years to force him to perform with them

his brothers were not pressuring him to do shows as much as pressure in of itself force him to sign up for those 02 concerts.......

his business partner manager who help stage that auction in 2008 offered that opportunity for him to regain footing by agreeing to the 02 concerts. It wasn't even about his brothers......

He was estranged from his family for years after Thriller, not because of his family trying to greed off of him, heck he and Randy Jackson started their own music publishing company MIRAN back in 1980-1981......it was opportunists who greeded off of him and sought to separate him from his family once he reached the pinnacle of his career with Thriller.

Jermaine Jackson did a number of interviews in the mid 80s/early 90s that I know these bodyguards don't know anything about where he said how opportunists were already looking to divide and exploit the family during that time.

This movie will gloss over allot of realities when in reality, if things were where they should have been, Michael Jackson would not have been forced to sign up for these concerts, he would have been on cruise control and schedule future concerts when he was truly ready to do them

when a person finds themselves in that big a deficit, family is not the cause of that.

The best depiction of Michael Jackson was by the late Wylie Draper who hit MJ to a T and was a technically trained dancer to boot.

I don't even post here anymore. Just came to see if there were any reviews about the movie. But you are grossly incorrect. His family was pressuring him and have pressured him throughout the years for various projects. They got him into various lawsuits for failed or botched projects. Heck even Janet was on TV talking about how they were trying to get MJ to tour. N every few years Jermaine would put it in the press that they were going on a reunion tour.

The biggest issue with the Jacksons(MJ included) is that they lack good business sense and/or have a knack for dealing with shady/incompetent people.

why can't a black person portray...

it's because...it would not look right, it wouldn't fly

Yes it would. All black people aren't dark skinned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even post here anymore. Just came to see if there were any reviews about the movie. But you are grossly incorrect. His family was pressuring him and have pressured him throughout the years for various projects. They got him into various lawsuits for failed or botched projects. Heck even Janet was on TV talking about how they were trying to get MJ to tour. N every few years Jermaine would put it in the press that they were going on a reunion tour.

The biggest issue with the Jacksons(MJ included) is that they lack good business sense and/or have a knack for dealing with shady/incompetent people.

Yes it would. All black people aren't dark skinned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is the thing about all of that......

if everyone would just take time to looking at the big picture rather than taking snap shots......

all this talk about the family being greedy for the past quarter century......

but in reality, everything that MJ lost was by accusations of people who were not related to him at all...

all the trial and tribulation he went through in 93 and in 05 had nothing to do with his family

that court trial, I didn't see anyone but his family who stood by his side and sitting in that court room, I didn't see friends...I saw family, and we can't sit here and say they were looking to exploit him at that point because nobody truly knew how the outcome was going to be....

more than these supposed musical projects the family was trying to pressure him to do, the fact that he was estranged from his family for years before the supposed issue of greed even came into play......it sure seems like the people who he would associate with exclusively is who truly got him in trouble and in dire straits, and if it wasn't trouble, then allot of those individuals used their association w/him to boost their own public profile and careers....

and what's ironic about it all...

after all these years of this family being attacked by media, fans and the like for over 25 years.....not saying that they are perfect because no family is perfect, they have never ever spoken ill will to fans, they have not spoken ill will to media, or to anyone.....

Jermaine Jackson did a telling interview in 2004 w/brother Jackie and said there were days where he wished they never would have been performers and live a life in solitude considering the level of spite that has come their way......

and the family did possess good business practices BEFORE the family dynamic was exploited and destroyed by the late 80s

they had a family music legacy for the ages before the opportunists came knocking at the door

with all that being sat and for me as an individual fan......there's no need for me to watch this movie, I already know the ending

^They just can't accept the Jacksons still are preying on Michael like a kettle of vultures waiting what they can get or steal from him. The more I knew what they were or still are capable of doing, the more I think they love more his money than they loved Michael. Even his mother is corrupt and greedy.

Michael was asked if he was going to do the Jackson Family Reunion... Michael was under contract with AEG so I don't think he could commit to the Jackson Family Reunion Show. This would have been a conflict of interest. Besides, his family was demanding new albums, had to get their careers back on track.

There was a forensic accountant brought in during the 2005 trial that did bring out Michael's debt problem. Since Pepsi wasn't a promoter any longer in Michael's career, Michael was financing his own projects.

I watched a 45 second clip of the Hallmark movie of Michael's life and I don't know. The bodyguard's who wrote the book didn't come to Los Angeles in 2009. If their story isn't salacious enough, it probably wouldn't have been published!

On Monday, the late pop star's estate said in a statement, "To clear up any confusion or misperceptions about unsanctioned Michael Jackson projects currently in the news -- including a Lifetime television movie and an animated film script recently purchased by Netflix -- the Estate of Michael Jackson does not license or permit the use of any rights it owns, including to Michael's music, images, video and films, for use in unauthorized works seeking to exploit Michael's legacy."

Meanwhile, as Katherine stated in a deposition at the AEG trial, she as his mother wasn't even told about the full extent of MJ's problems as she "didn't like bad news". I guess her own peace of mind was more important than helping MJ.

That's really sad to hear.

What I wanted to clarify is that it is nonsense to say that "his family are the ones who were always there for him while all his friends abandoned him", just because it was the family with him in court in 2005. IMO that they were there in 2005 was the bare minimum from a family that lived off MJ as much as they did. And even in that situation there were family members who were two-faced (*cough*Rebbie*cough*).

Elizabeth Taylor was there for MJ in 1993 in a way that mattered while Katherine cared more about not wanting to hear bad news, and Liz was also there for him in 2005. She never hesitated to defend him. Not showing up with him at trial every day does not change her support. I am sure there were also some other friends whose support never ceased but they were quietly supporting him from behind the scenes.

quietly support?....can't go by what we think or want to believe someone did behind the scenes.....

at the end of the day, his family was there and the only ones who were there throughout that entire ordeal.....and when the trial started, I knew they would be the only ones there in person

No family is perfect, but then nobody else is either, and the media hasn't been perfect about covering the family dynamic, and fans haven't been perfect because I've witnessed the attacks and vitriol for a very long time

Rebbie Jackson who has never said anything bad about any of MJ's fans, ever and she's being called out, this is an example of what I'm talking about

His mother gets trashed too, particularly by fans, when she had to sit in that courtroom every day and hear what was being said in that courtroom about her child....and as a mother, I'm sure that pained her more than any other person could feel, and she was there not just every day, but every single day

I've seen them be called every single name under the book

the family gets a bad wrap, but when MJ associated himself with other families exclusively, that's when his trial and tribulations started

all this movie is going to do, and any movie in the future is continue the same narrative that has existed for decades, and that's not doing this life story any good because nobody wants the real story, but the story they want to hear

Last edited:
So from all that, from Elizabeth's support as compared to Katherine's in 1993, you managed to pick on two words to cling on? LOL.

I wasn't just talking about quiet support. I was also giving a very specific example in Elizabeth who gave more support - and effective support that mattered - to MJ in 1993 than his own mother did who was more worried about not wanting to hear bad news.

No one said anything about Rebbie saying something about MJ's fans so WTH? I was talking about her two-faced support to Stacy Brown during the trial while that guy was out there trashing MJ. And there were a couple of other instances in this family's history where some members seemed to have no problem with embracing people who were trashing MJ in the worst possible ways.

That's not "name-calling", those are facts as invonvenient as they may be for family fans. Blame the family for these not fans who point them out.

I'm not gone talk about Elizabeth Taylor and all that.....

MJ was estranged from his family years before 93 even happened..

Jermaine Jackson did interviews as early as 1984 where he was already talking about opportunists attempting to separate the most successful member of the family from everyone else. It was already in the works because if you're able to do that, then it's easier to exploit the situation

before all the exploitation started, The Jacksons were known as the First family of music, they didn't get that name just because of one person's talent, the Jackson Five was the ultimate self contained musical act in the industry which is why we've seen countless acts who have come down the pike pattern their act after them, black acts and white acts, even with groups like Menudo in the early/mid 80s.....

This was a group effort even though Michael was teh centerpiece......History dictated by outside influence is going to suggest Michael did it by himself, but brothers such as Randy and Jackie penned some of the group's most memorable efforts........Randy worked with Michael in developing rhythm arrangements and percussion arrangements for a number of his songs for OTW, co wrote Shake Your Body Down To the Ground, a record that the world still enjoys to this day when they hear it, Jackie wrote Can You Feel it, a staple song from the Jacksons, Marlon worked with Michael to develop the group's dance routines for many of their early concert tours, particularly Destiny and Triumph Tours...........Jermaine stays at Motown and becomes one of the leading record executives in the music industry when the music was exceptional............this was a family effort.....but when a movie like this one that's going to premier this week and any future book that his published is going to give suggestion that the brothers were nothing more than hanger ons and

all that good will was obliterated after Thriller as opportunists began the process of separating MJ from his family in order to exploit his talent and success to the tilt and that formula never worked and was never going to work, and everything we've witnessed since has been a byproduct of that because there were periods of time where they hadn't heard from MJ for 2 year stretches

and with individuals like the Wabe Robson's of the world trying to exploit what's already been exploited and will continue to do so, this things is way beyond what anyone may think or perceive about his family

Elizabeth Taylor was there for MJ in 1993 in a way that mattered while Katherine cared more about not wanting to hear bad news, and Liz was also there for him in 2005. She never hesitated to defend him. .

Also Liz never said that his nose looked like a toothpick and Liz wouldn't have dragged him through the mud just so she could get hundreds of millions from AEG.
Add Randy's testimony during the trial presenting himself as the savior who tried to "clean up" MJ, Rebbie and Stacy Brown, LaToya's way too passionate performances in 1993 (don't buy it for s eco0nd that it was just Jack Gordon's bad influence the she enjoyed trashing MJ and the attention she got), Jermaine's demands for more money for the 30the anniversary,
Word to the Badd and it's easy to see why MJ avoided this bunch as much as he could. Even without Joe not included.

Jackie wrote Can You Feel it, a staple song from the Jacksons

Michael and Jackie wrote Can you feel it not Jackie alone

Last edited:
@Bringing Brighter Days

You have an idealized view of the Jackson family and you are in denial about all their dysfunctionalities as the reason behind MJ's distancing himself from them and you always try to blame mysterious "outside sources" instead as if MJ was just some kind of mindless doll that did not have his own will and intentions.

That is also how the family always addressed the fact that MJ was not so happy to meet them at times. They blamed it on bodyguards and personal assistants and accused them of "keeping MJ away from them" as if it wasn't MJ paying those people and telling them to keep his family away. He had his good reasons to do so and IMO it is disrespectful to dismiss and ignore those reasons and pretend that they were not legit reasons. You must be in serious denial about the family's behavior when you do not see those reasons. And they have nothing to do with outside forces. They only have to do with the family's behavior with him.

And no one denies the brothers' contribution to the J5 or the Jackson's success but that doesn't make them entitled to MJ's solo success and money. It also does not make them entitled to force MJ into tours or performances if he did not want them.

I'm not in denial about anything...if that's the case, then everyone who has followed this story is in denial

in the end, the way this story evolved forced MJ to sign up for a tour that I knew wouldn't see fruition....it should have never been scheduled to begin with and this movie would have never been made.

but when this story is finally told, the real story in absolute totality, rather it's five years, 10 years down the road, then we'll be able to determine who was in denial the whole time and how much greater this experience should have been rather than what actually transpired......

But if he had signed up to the tour that his family was trying to pressure him into then it would have been alright?

And BTW, you can actually be grateful for this movie because it cherry picks the real story in a way that it wouldn't put his family into a bad light. That's how the content of this movie is censored compared to the book, not the other way around.

This could have been the greatest story in the history of recorded music.

This could have been for all fans, not just from today but fans who started this success started back in 1969 and played a major role in making the success possible to occur as long as it did

All that is left is could have beens and fragments of what once was

The promise unfulfilled...and when I reflect on this entire experience, that's what's going to always hit me most.

Last edited:
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FCelebritypagetv%2Fvideos%2F1330636027003128%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
Host Jaymes Vaughan has "Inside Access" reporting from #Hollywood on the new Michael Jackson biopic from Lifetime #MichaelJacksonSearchingforNeverland. The film stars MJ impersonator, #Navi. Jaymes recently brought the story to the panelists of CBS's The Talk. The film airs Monday night, May 29th at 8:00 EST.

michael-jackson--searching-for-neverland-7b7a80ba-3f51-4df1-bc1d-8097048cea02.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A life behind the curtain. Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland premieres Monday. <a href="https://t.co/xW3RGHlNa6">pic.twitter.com/xW3RGHlNa6</a></p>&mdash; Lifetime (@lifetimetv) <a href="https://twitter.com/lifetimetv/status/868844337328607232">28. Mai 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">See what <a href="https://twitter.com/ChadLColeman">@ChadLColeman</a> has to say about his portrayal of Bill Whitfield, and the importance of peeling back the curtain on an icon. <a href="https://t.co/L8rFa6lA6l">pic.twitter.com/L8rFa6lA6l</a></p>&mdash; Lifetime (@lifetimetv) <a href="https://twitter.com/lifetimetv/status/868605240223744000">27. Mai 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We know the things you wish you knew. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJacksonMovie?src=hash">#MichaelJacksonMovie</a> <a href="https://t.co/YD8OKQ9tzx">pic.twitter.com/YD8OKQ9tzx</a></p>&mdash; Lifetime (@lifetimetv) <a href="https://twitter.com/lifetimetv/status/868225239141961729">26. Mai 2017</a></blockquote>

"Music and me" is Michael Jackson , so it looks like no music for this biopic.

On Monday, the late pop star's estate said in a statement, "To clear up any confusion or misperceptions about unsanctioned Michael Jackson projects currently in the news -- including a Lifetime television movie and an animated film script recently purchased by Netflix -- the Estate of Michael Jackson does not license or permit the use of any rights it owns, including to Michael's music, images, video and films, for use in unauthorized works seeking to exploit Michael's legacy."

Back