Fashion In Music

jimi-hendrix.jpg

iu

Nothing beats Elvis dressed head-to-toe in black leather. But the jumpsuits were awesome. Here's a classic.
There's something off about this picture...he didn't wear this particular jumpsuit (American Eagle) until 1973, and he didn't look like that in 1973
Here's a picture from 1973 (from Aloha from Hawaii) for comparison:
aloha-side.jpg

Never mind, I found the original. In the photo you posted, he was photoshopped to look thinner, also his hair is photoshopped.
Here is the original

76380e39f7fba15eb126bd4855ebac9b--elvis-presley-looking-gorgeous.jpg
thanks so much. I'm not just saying this but I did spend a LOT of time looking at that photo before I posted it. Kept going back and forth, back and forth. I even looked at some Aloha photos - I'm not kidding. Something was obviously nagging away at the back of my mind. In the end I posted it but am not at all surprised to learn it's been photoshopped. Bc I don't usually look at photos of Elvis and I just wasn't sure so just went for it.

And why on earth photoshop it to make him look a little thinner? fgs! We know he carried a bit of extra weight by that stage. We can take it. It's Elvis and we love him.

Anyway, thank you so much for finding the original. No way I could have done that. You have eagle eyes, ML! :)

One thing I am pleased about - I posted the photo for his lovely face, fabulous smile and the twinkly eyes. So beautiful. Seems like they didn't mess around with THAT part of the photo and that's the bit I was mostly focused on so, hurrah!

@Agonum - useful info from Michaels Lover

Great thread.

Funnily enough, most of what I like about fashion in music comes from artists who I don't really listen to.

First thing that came to mind is Vivienne Westwood and her role in shaping the 70s punk look. Toned-down, it's something I look for in today's trends. Toned-down, lol.

Untitled-2copy.jpg

68dlzm.jpg
pete-doherty-20070722-287154.jpg

Untitled-1copy.jpg
This is actually one of my fave threads too

Nelson.
Enuff Z Nuff 🥰

Back