Fave Gospel Influenced MJ Song?

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
Some of Michael's music has clearly been influenced by gospel and songs like "Will You Be There", "Man In The Mirror", "Earth Song", and "Cry" are good examples of this. The best of these songs being "Will U Be There" IMO. You really feel what he's singing in that song, I just love it. I really think that song is a masterpiece. I really hope the new album has a song with a similar sound to "Will U Be There".

Last edited:
I agree with you guys. Also another favorite of mine is KEEP THE FAITH. :)
:hug: silouette how are you ?
agreed :yes:
i realy love this song , the words ..the true insperation it gives .everythng

I agree, all the gospel ones send shivers down your spine.

Will You Be There is a fine example as is Keep The Faith, but the best has to be Earth Song, I used to repeat the last 2 minutes of the song consistently before I went to sleep each night!

I agree, all the gospel ones send shivers down your spine.

Will You Be There is a fine example as is Keep The Faith, but the best has to be Earth Song, I used to repeat the last 2 minutes of the song consistently before I went to sleep each night!

why would you repeat the last 2 mins of it?

why would you repeat the last 2 mins of it?

Because I just couldn't believe what it sounded like when the gospel and the 'What About Us' kicked in. It was like nothing I'd ever heard before.

hmmm! It's hard to pick the song.. But if I could add in PERFORMANCE factor etc.. I can pick Man in The Mirror..

If it's song.. It would be hard for me to choose between Man in the Mirror and Will You Be There

Earth Song.

But they’re all great, of course. I am especially fond of the fact that he collaborated with Andraé Crouch. Makes it the best of two worlds: the greatest gospel choir coupled with the greatest vocalist.

I would have a hard time without each of the above songs 😍
They are equally helpful, they give me hope. And they are so different, so unique.
I can't choose... Maybe the Man in the Mirror. Only because it's been in my life longer than the others.

Keep the Faith is (imo) the best album track. But On The Line is my absolute favorite. And it goes very hard as well so that helps.
Interesting choice. I have never seen On the Line as “gospel influenced”, but now that you mention it… good choice!

I just came to think of something! The Crouchs have been with Michael throughout his whole career. Sandra (Andraé’s twin sister) played the tamborim on I Want You Back (1969). Andraé and his choir are featured on Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991), HIStory (1995), and Invincible (2001).

Speechless is up there for me, too.

Back