Favourite Christmas Song/s?

^^^ Me neither. It was very funny. And to keep it up with the fun groove.......

and considering the day today.............some Star Wars spirit as well :p

Poor Santa,to carry men around it must be a really heavy job :D
Italians having fun :) Buon Natale
And a little fairy dust, sweet commercial
And those beautiful boys....:p
:santaclaus:

Last edited:
Poor Santa,to carry men around it must be a really heavy job :D

Most probably is, but as they say, somebody's gotta do it :cheeky: I guess we'll have to ask him next time we see him :p

The commercial you posted was very, very sweet and inspiring. So much so, that it made me take a lil' walk down memory lane and I was suddenly reminded of my two favorite Christmas commercials/campaigns of all time.

He does exist :swoon:

The song and the visuals for these have always been favorites of mine for the holiday season. Wasn't aware of the British one though from 2006, very nice as well. Michael may have had his Pepsi thing goin' on, but I definitely got my own special Cola connection :p

Btw of the Frosty song you posted blue.....I found a very funny take on it from none other than Mr. Howard Donald from Take That who turns out to be quite the cheeky fellow :D In his #asthexmassonggoes series on his Twitter the other day he went ? frosty the snowman Melted and Mrs frosty spent Xmas alone ? lol

The Italian video was also very funny. I actually had something in mind including Italian, but it will have to wait for the next stop on this Christmas express :santa_elf:

Thank you Girl,watched on twitter that hashtag funny LOL :)very nice the light caravan, I can see why you liked
I did some travel around the wold :)
From France
Italy
Portuguese
Australian:

Happy Sunday

Would you believe me blue if I told ya that I had a verrrry similar geographical/linguistic trip in mind? With the exception of Australia, I was also thinkin' of using French, Portuguese and Italian for a bit of a Latin flavor lolol. I guess I'll have to leave that for some other day. Your selection for today is absolutely excellent. Thank you so much :bow: Still laughin' at the Aussie one :lol:

I guess my destination for today is.....................Hungary :D

^^uses the melody for Gloria, in excelsis Deo

^^has the very same music as the Cola Christmas commercials from the other day. I presume the lyrics are a bit different though. I looooove the way the language sounds, but my braggin' rights when it comes to Hungarian are non-existent considering I know only a couple of words or so lolol. Great language and great people though. Love 'em much!

Some Hungarian medieval music as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgh-txSNIJE

Last edited:
......while today it's time for a bit of German and Norwegian treasures :D

As a Christian, the magic of snow, the majesty of mountains and all other wonders of nature talk to me about the glory of God. However, that does not impede me to have respect for other people's beliefs. For some, today is a very important celebration - the Winter Solstice. Happy holiday to them :)

card_ws3.jpg

Which is why the music I'm compelled to listen to tonight has a Celtic flavor to it.

I've loved this ever since I've discovered it quite a few years ago. The full concert can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTQgKBPQkf0

And good, 'ole Bing with a seasonal favorite of mine

What a coincidence about the geographical tryp Girl, that is nice :) Today your words about respect other Religions as well as I do too made me think about that moment on NY .It whasnot at Chrismast but I think is a powerful message

THE Christmas Troparion From Libanon
From Greece

Bdw beautiful selection Girl thank you :yes: :):snowing:

Even though I no longer have the Christmas spirit like I used to. Back when we still had Michael I used to L.O.V.E. Christmas. Now I don't anymore. There are still some Christmas songs that I still have a great L.O.V.E. for. And I still can't help but listen to them. Around this time of year.

I can never understand why no one ever does these songs. I never hear them being sung on tv. When I think they are some of the best Christmas songs ever made. So is that song Mary Did You Know? Which I also happen to L.O.V.E.

Thank you for shared those beautiful Carols MJsBolywoodgirl.
Merry Christmas to you :xmas1:

I want to save my number one for tomorrow ;D for today something modern ...

Blue eyes, the string of coincidences continued not just with the geographical choice, as it was the first time around, but when you posted the Arabic video you actually managed to post exactly the very same one I had in mind :rofl: I was in a ecumenical mind frame and looking for songs from different Christian traditions.

Although a Catholic myself, it doesn't mean I cannot enjoy artistic efforts praising the Lord by different denominations. That is why my selection for tonight includes

^^^ the "kid" there in the front sure has his groove on. He even busts a few Michael moves, bless him :D

Magnificent, as always.

I can never understand why no one ever does these songs. I never hear them being sung on tv. When I think they are some of the best Christmas songs ever made. So is that song Mary Did You Know? Which I also happen to L.O.V.E.

Thank you so much for sharing these BollywoodGirl. That was very sweet of you. I truly hope you will be able to have a bit better a Christmas than in the past. Here's something especially for you :)

Thank you so much for sharing these BollywoodGirl. That was very sweet of you. I truly hope you will be able to have a bit better a Christmas than in the past. Here's something especially for you :)

Thank you for shared those beautiful Carols MJsBolywoodgirl.
Merry Christmas to you :xmas1:

Your welcome. And thank you for that song. I only posted them because whether it is on tv or out in public. I am always hearing the same repeated Christmas songs every single year. Like Silent Night, Up On The House Top, and that Feliz Navidad song. And I am just so very sick and tired of it. I guess in order to hear those songs that I had posted every year. I have to live in Europe and not the U.S. And btw please do not wish me a Merry Christmas. Thanks to that evil monster I will never have another Merry Christmas ever again.:( :boohoo Without Michael and my usual MJ related items I used to get every single year. Back when we still had him. My Merry Christmas days are truly over for me. Christmas of 6 years ago was the last time I had gotten some MJ related Christmas presents. And I could not even enjoy them. Because of what had happen exactly 6 months before. Tomorrow is just going to be another horrible miserable day for me. Except that I am going have to force myself to act all smiley and joyful. For when my 7 and 9 year old nephews come over for their presents. And I am so not looking forward of doing that. Nor spending another Christmas opening up my non MJ related presents.:(

We can not forget Latin America, from Colombia:

Tradicional from my location that i've sung many times in a choir :)
And my all time fav, Girl I know you've posted here but let me do it again because it's probably best known in the world.

^^MJsBolywoodgirl Sending hug your way :)

Wishing you Girl and everyone Blessed Christmas :)

Peace on Earth & Glory to God
22291935-feliz-navidad-en-diferentes-idiomas-formando-un-rbol-de-navidad.jpg

BollywoodGirl - hope you are doing a bit better, although I realize that is a bit too much to ask. I know these words of mine won't be of much, if any comfort, but you have my sympathies. I hope one day you will be able yet again to find joy in Christmas and beyond it.

Blue eyes - many, many thanks again for all your lovely contributions. You were quite right, we couldn't forget Latin America. Gracias por todo.

My three favorite songs of the season

an awesome and most recent rendition by Mariah, bless her

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone :santa_elf:

BollywoodGirl - hope you are doing a bit better, although I realize that is a bit too much to ask. I know these words of mine won't be of much, if any comfort, but you have my sympathies. I hope one day you will be able yet again to find joy in Christmas and beyond it.

Thank you and I very much doubt that. Cause the only present that I really want anymore. Is to see that evil monster's head on either a pure sterling silver or an 18 kt gold platter. Cause thanks to him he had totally destroyed my life. Every single thing that I once enjoyed. I can't really enjoy anymore. Most especially those Star Wars movies. Thanks to that evil monster he had totally killed the L.O.V.E. I once had for them. And I was a Star Wars fan long before I knew Michael had loved that movie. Star Wars and hearing about the return of Haley's Comet back in 1986 was what spark my passion that I have for astronomy now. Now I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate any thing that has to do with Star Wars now. And ever since I had gotten myself in to watching Bollywood movies over 10 years ago. Star Wars was really the only modern day Hollywood movie that I had still liked. Well up until what had happen to him. And in 9 days would have been my birthday. I said would of because thanks to that evil monster I will never be able to celebrate my birthday any more. Back when we still had Michael. There was 3 things I used to always do on my birthday. Spend the day watching and listening to him. And happily wonder what he and his kids was doing on my birthday. I can't do that anymore. Since I now rather have a root canal perform on me without any thing to numb the pain. Than to go back and listen to him. And watching him now will only cause me to have panic attacks. It still really angers and sickens me to no end that my 29th birthday. Was going to be my last true happy birthday ever. Of course I didn't know that at the time. And at that time I already had special plans for my 30th birthday. I had wanted my 30th birthday to be the best one ever. Cause I had wanted a MJ theme birthday. Something I had always wanted. Of course that never happen for me. Because it was my first birthday without him. And all I had wanted was to be left alone and not think about what day it was for me.:( When the new year comes the only thing that will bring a smile to my face. Is me ordering that new gaming laptop that I want to get off the internet. And getting some more iPad game apps.

Last edited:
BollywoodGirl, can I just say that I thank you for your honesty and bravery? It may sound corny, but I truly appreciate your courage. There are many forms of courage in this world and the bravery to admit unease is one of them. Most people only notice the most common type of courage, that by which people try to hide their sorrows. So, thank you....really thank you for your honesty. I know holidays, especially Christmas, Easter and birthdays can be terribly difficult times for many who struggle to make sense of sorrow and find genuine joy and serenity.

It may sound repetitive, but I'm truly sorry for the way things have turned out for you. I know Michael's loss has caused a lot of havoc and terrible damage to many people and some, like yourself, have taken it even worse than others. In less specific terms now, I also realize that some people find comfort in hearing about the troubles of others, but somehow I don't think that is your case. I don't think anything I could say about my own experiences with grief could prove to be remotely useful to you. I won't sit here and tell you that I understand what you are going through because I cannot claim that. I can't say I have much, if any affection for computer games. I could never get into Tetris back in the day, let alone complex strategy stuff like you and so many others like to play. Don't know if it counts, but I can play the earliest version of Zombies and Plants lol.

Also, my connection to Michael's music is quite different from yours. In an almost paradoxical way his songs have become much more important to me after 2009. Before that, I was much more preoccupied with what I considered the most important elements of his life (other than the children of course) - his struggles and the messages of goodwill he was trying to send into the world; those were the things that concerned me most. But since he's been gone some of his songs have become essential for me. So you see, there isn't much I can relate to from your experience.

What I can relate to though are the not-so-merry Christmases starting with 2009, but I must say it didn't have anything to do with Michael's death. If it helps you to know, 2013 and 2014 were downright brutal. Unfortunately, I cannot blame one Conrad Murray for that. Would you believe me if I told you that I do not really know who and how exactly I must blame for so much of my misery? At the end of the day/year/whatever it doesn't even matter anymore. Beyond all my uncertainties, my faith calls me to the duty of forgiveness. I realize how difficult a call that is to put in practice and I still struggle with it occasionally. With the risk of sounding hypocritical, I will have to say that although I understand the motivation behind your harsh words about silver platters and such, the better spirits in me which deny revenge force me to remind you that. I'm sure you have no joy whatsoever in feeling this kind of urge. Many probably have already told you that the resentment you feel for that person ends up causing more pain to you than it ever will to the target of your discontent, but you probably can't help but have these strong feelings of animosity.

I can't believe how much I've rambled, so I better trrry and wrap this useless stuff up, but before I do that I want to send you my very best wishes and hopes for a brighter future. And who knows, maybe one day you will even get some of your old joys back, including Michael's music. And if that won't be the case, then maybe you will find new happiness in surprising ways. You know what the Scripture says – what is impossible to men is possible to God.

God-Bless-You-god-the-creator-10796946-275-275.gif

I hope God will bless you with what and/or whom you need to renew your zest for life and I hope His blessings won't need any disguises or any "worms" :p I chose the image above in the hope you would find it slightly funny, but I know that my sense of humor isn't always shared by others, so I might as well warn ya lol.

And may God's blessings extend to everyone, whether they know Him or not, obey His laws or not, find joy in the holidays or not. There is much pain and much darkness in our world and within many souls. I hope His light and His mercy will shine more brightly in every heart. After all, this is what Christmas is all about and not just for a day/year.

[video=youtube;ACiwhQO08QI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACiwhQO08QI[/video]
Sarà Natale vero
non solo per un’ ora:
Natale per un anno intero

kbc079.jpg

Last edited:
^^^MJsBollywoodgirl, I not good in words, my English is not that good. Let me tell you that I know how is like been in a hole,I was there before with no one to blame for it but myself.What help me the most it was my faith, my guardian Angels ( I have a couple of them) and being outdoors in touch with nature. After 2 long years I find my inner peace and I could return to the net, unable to do it at that time.Also a bit of discipline with myself it was good too.
Each of us live in a different way the storms and what is good for one is not for the other, but what is it for sure is that,to be stuck on blaming someone does not help at all , so I wish you can be able to move on as soon as possible and find your inner peace.
Sending you strength :)

Christmas 2015 is over and brand New Year we have ahead to fill it with new experiences and lessons learned front the pass but most of all with LOVE.
^^Girl I hope you don't mine if I post those 2 vid here to celebrate the first day of this Year (I thought this is the best thread to do it ) through which I want to wish to you and the entire MJJCommunity a beautiful and Happy New Year 2016.

Thank you Lord for this new day :)

^^^Blue eyes, I most definitely do not mind one bit and I'm very glad you posted those videos. May the Lord help us make the most of the year ahead of us all and may His grace descend upon all, especially those who need His assistance most.

It's true that the thread is mainly about Christmas, but it is also about all other winter holidays and occasions. And btw, are you sure Christmas is over? In Serbia and Russia it hasn't even arrived yet. Folks there will be celebrating on Thursday, January 7th.

And in honor of the late Natalie Cole.......

We are most thankful for legacy she left behind. God rest her soul and provide comfort to her family.

Yes I know is not finish yet :D Ok Girl ten , don't stop the music :)
Today evening and tomorrow it will be a really big days on this part of the world, a magic ones. The Tree King parade arrive to every single city on this country,in recent years Santa Claus has been coming but the Tree Kings are the ones in our tradition :D I just love it :woohoo: Here we celebrate Tree King's Day, The Epiphany.
To me the most beautiful parades are the ones in small villages but those aren't on YT, so here is a taste of those parades from last year.
Madrid
Canary Island Tree kings in a camel like it should be :)
La Befana,Italian tradition (English)
The Tree King's song

Everyone must go early to bed and be sure you were a good person, otherways you'll have a big piece of charcoal on your shoes :)

Last edited:
Blue eyes, THANK YOU for all the videos. I'm pretty sure I've already said this before, but it begs repeating - Spain and Italy, their languages and their culture, their holidays and customs are some of the closest to my heart. I'm so glad you posted those. I trust the little girl in you had tons of fun last night with the parade of the Three Kings :D

Today for us is Epiphany, but many of our Orthodox brethren and sisters are celebrating the Baptism of the Lord.

[video=youtube;_8EEZMc05C0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8EEZMc05C0[/video]
Hold me like the river Jordan comes to mind all of a sudden

This whole thread was a most limited exercise in multiculturalism with a special focus on the universality of Christmas. May we always carry the light and beauty of this season throughout the year and throughout our lives. We need them most especially when the darkness of the world creeps up all around us.

I would say "A la próxima", but since winter isn't over just yet and I have the habit of listening to Christmas music even in the middle of summer, I may very well visit this space earlier than next December :p

God's blessings, great and small, God's blessings...............^_^

Last edited:
It is a normal winter day.In a short distance from my window, the grey color sea it refect what's on the way, an cold avalanche for the weekend and this song come to my mind :piano::umbrella::cold:

Back