Favourite song on Invincible?

Dilan

Proud Member
Whats everyones favourite song on Invincible?

"Speechless" and "The Lost Children". The only songs MJ wrote and produced by himself. Those songs give you a look at the real MJ. The rest of the album, nah famalam.

"Speechless" and "The Lost Children". The only songs MJ wrote and produced by himself. Those songs give you a look at the real MJ. The rest of the album, nah famalam.
They're the weakest songs he could have chosen to be in the record, IMO. He had way better songs in the vault.

Iā€™d probably say whatever happens is the ā€œgo-toā€ song from the album more than anything else.

This a hard one... Probably Butterflies, Whatever Happens, Heaven Can Wait, and You Are My Life (YAML is one of the first songs I ever discovered from Invincible and holds a lot of nostalgic memories for me. Same for Butterflies).

Oh yes, and Break of Dawn. There's a lot of songs I love from Invincible, it's hard to choose only one!

edit: Don't Walk Away as well, since that was also one of the first songs I heard from Invincible at age 11.

Last edited:
I think The Lost Children is my favorite one from Invincible. Wonderful bridge with that children choir. The end reminds me of Heal The World.

I'm pretty surprised that there are so many mentions of the lost children being your favourite song on the album.

I'd had always considered it being a pretty poor song, I do like the meaning behind it though and the fact MJ wrote it, makes it special.

My personal faves are Unbreakable, Break Of Dawn, Butterflies and You Rock My World.

Iā€™d probably say whatever happens is the ā€œgo-toā€ song from the album more than anything else.

Yeah tbh

Definitely the best track on the album. The ones MJ wrote that made it on the album are too corny LOL

Yeah tbh

Definitely the best track on the album. The ones MJ wrote that made it on the album are too corny LOL
What is wrong with you?

You keep chopping and changing your answers, why? Feels like you're just trolling us now.
You wrote this at the start of the thread that they were your favourites?????

I'd say Heartbreaker is my favourite.

I didn't use to appreciate as much before, mainly due to its placement between the album opener and the title track. The fact that these tree songs are so similar both in themes and structure made it disappear a bit for me.

In recent years though it has easily became my favourite of the tree, and possibly even on the whole album. MJ's vocals are amazing, the beat is infectious and especially during the end the different sounds all come together and the result is just so goddamn cool!

Of course Heartbreaker! This song is so catchy:love::love::love: I listen to it everyday for 24 hours. I can't stop loving it. Michael was a genius, when he created so beautiful songšŸ„²šŸ„²šŸ„²

tbh, when I listened to the entire album for the first time on release day, all of its songs except WH left me cold.

Invincible lacks that kind of 'magic' that all albums from OTW onwards (including Destiny, Triumph &Victory) have. imo it sounds not much different (in terms of being generic) as Michaels albums with Motown or G&H.

Back