Fields & opportunities that MJ should have exploited (more)

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Country
Greece
Are there any fields (or opportunities) that MJ should have exploited (more) during his career but eventually he didn’t?

(any type of them, art, business, etc.)

Releasing his complete back catalogue in 5.1 surround sound. They were mastered in surround in 2000, but the project was shelved.

People who have heard thriller in surround were mesmerised.

Releasing his complete back catalogue in 5.1 surround sound. They were mastered in surround in 2000, but the project was shelved.

I thought it was shelved because MJ was ultimately never satisfied with the results? Idk I read it in some article forever and a day ago...

where can i read about people who have heard thriller in surround being mesmerised? also what does that mean can you listen to surround stuff on youtube or does something need to be re-made in a certain along with needing a special speaker or what? i dont know much about music technicalities.

where can i read about people who have heard thriller in surround being mesmerised? also what does that mean can you listen to surround stuff on youtube or does something need to be re-made in a certain along with needing a special speaker or what? i dont know much about music technicalities.

It appears YouTube does support surround sound, but not only would the video would need to properly mixed/encoded, you would need a surround sound system essentially to take true advantage of it... or well at the very least, 5/6 different speakers connected to that device and positioned correctly with the device properly set up for surround sound.

I think you can get headphones that support surround sound but honestly, I've never really looked into them and am unsure of how they work/benefits they give etc.

I thought it was shelved because MJ was ultimately never satisfied with the results? Idk I read it in some article forever and a day ago...

In my opinion, a (contractual) conflict could have arisen due to the release of those four remastered albums (Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous) that came out in 2001...

In my opinion, a (contractual) conflict could have arisen due to the release of those four remastered albums (Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous) that came out in 2001...
The surround project was supposed to be released on super audio CD fornat at the same time as the normal remastered CDs.

The surround project was supposed to be released on super audio CD fornat at the same time as the normal remastered CDs.

I have my doubts about that simultaneous release of the surround project unless it was explicitly stated on the contracts.

IMWhizzle;4090047 said:
Why do you have doubt's?

I think that the multi-channel mixes of “Thriller” were never fully completed but were being revised over & over again.

That project was extensively rumored in the early ‘00s but various reasons could have served as explanations (hype up the release of a new studio album, etc.).

Back