FOUR DEMOS!? Is this a joke?

look at the Beatles and Elvis: companies are not crazy enough to release a bunch of rarities at once and then having nothing left to sell ;)

The beatles released "anthology" which were 3 2-disc sets of unreleased material. where is our equivilent for michael?

granted, i didn't expect it this time around... but to not have live recordings of the songs in the film is a joke. complete joke.

michael's estate needs to release this stuff on its own and cut the chord with the leeches at sony. look how much Apple Corps has been able to do one their own (though with a little help from their friends EMI)

Wait a second - the Sony PR states "single artwork will also be unveiled" - wasn't it confirmed TII WASN'T having a single release??!

Have they changed their mind - what will the TL be for that?

@ adamschoales:

and do you happen to remember how many years after their hiatus from recording they released it, hm?
many many years after, yep

see, commercial releases aren't made for us fans, they're made for the company

And here comes the problem: The Jackson family. The MJ estate has the rights to the tracks and Sony Music have to pay them for any single track.

Now if the estate wants a high price, it's unlikely the company would buy a bunch from them and release it quickly.

Michael Jackson never wanted to make his music available to the general public except for prestige. Or haven't you ever wondered why Michael hasn't just released music on a regular base as artists like Prince?
He always wanted to be in the spotlight, to be successful and that's why on the one hand he has released few albums (6 in total), but on the other hand thus maintained the image of a genius because all his albums were massive worldwide successes.

The MJ estate is only after the money, too. They don't want us fans to get many tracks now, they want to release them bit by bit, from time to time.

Can you follow me?

;)

Last edited:
look at the Beatles and Elvis: companies are not crazy enough to release a bunch of rarities at once and then having nothing left to sell ;)

but if you compare with michael

they could release 10albums with new songs

and they still would have so much more

they can never release all the stuff if they wont release 1 album per year...
but for sure... if its just for now that they dont give us more... i say OKAY

but in 2 years i will get angry if they decide to make again a number one album with few new tracks!

LAST CHANCE SONY :evil:

^ things aren't easy as you might think

you have to get an inside knowledge of business economics and marketing, performance accounting etc. to really understand this

like I said, Sony Music does NOT own the recordings and now that's the point where the problems for fans that want the tracks quickly starts: there are lots of parties involved, everybody wants to earn money and now they have to analyze, organize, taking business talks with their partners, re-analyze etc. to okay a release.

And this usually takes years.

im aware they dont own it... and quite honestly i wouldn't be surprised if a compilation disc of unreleased stuff does come out in the next year but NOT from sony. MJ and Sony are done - the contract is finished. the estate can go to the highest bidder.

someone will be smart enough to release it as it will be a CASH COW!

someone will be smart enough to release it as it will be a CASH COW!

Sony Music is smart enough to see that it will be an even bigger CASH COW if they let some time lapse away in between.
Any other company would do the same.

;)

You know why they keep releasing this shit. Because people buy it. Because they heave to have every single cd thats ever made of michael jackson. DONT BUY IT please

You know why they keep releasing this shit. Because people buy it. Because they heave to have every single cd thats ever made of michael jackson. DONT BUY IT please

think about it twice:
you're asking this to many millions of people on this planet
some of them have many albums of Michael Jackson at home

but you'll hear the voices of even more millions of people on this planet that will tell you:
"Why should I not buy it? This would be my first CD of Michael Jackson."

;)

And btw, that's exactly what makes you a global icon:
You're adored by generations of people.

And new generations (and even the old ones) do NOT have a single Michael Jackson CD at home.

Or why do you think even the most successful album of all time (Thriller) has "only" sold over 100 Mio. copies (in >25 years!) even though there are more than 70 times that much people (over 7 billions) that are living / have lived / will be living on this planet?

;)

Last edited:
hmmm...if that is the full tracklist, then i have to admit, i am rather disapointed.

BUT

like another fan said, maybe that's just a teaser? or maybe the final cut of the second disc hasn't been made yet?

OR

maybe it's a typo? i've noticed a few errors on the michaeljackson.com site that have been mended (can't remember what they were).
I guess we'll just have to see.

I'll be buying it either way, just to have in my collection

like another fan said, maybe that's just a teaser? or maybe the final cut of the second disc hasn't been made yet?

no, sorry, the tracklist stands firm. it has been confirmed to certain individuals in the industry about 2,5 weeks ago.
this is it.

think about it twice:
you're asking this to many millions of people on this planet
some of them have many albums of Michael Jackson at home

but you'll hear the voices of even more millions of people on this planet that will tell you:
"Why should I not buy it? This would be my first CD of Michael Jackson."

;)

And btw, that's exactly what makes you a global icon:
You're adored by generations of people.

And new generations (and even the old ones) do NOT have a single Michael Jackson CD at home.

Or why do you think even the most successful album of all time (Thriller) has "only" sold over 100 Mio. copies (in >25 years!) even though there are more than 70 times that much people (over 7 billions) that are living / have lived / will be living on this planet?

;)

Im not talking about the people who just discoverd his music, they dont know better. We do. We know that if we buy this, they will continue releasing greatest hits cd's with one or two new songs.

What irks me the most is that I wouldn't call this a 2CD set: CD2 seems more like an "added bonus" than the 2nd half of an album. They keep talking about this being a "standalone companion to the film" so why are 2 of the 4 bonus tracks in NO WAY related or relevant to TII??? Had they packed it out with other MJ demos which actually have relevance to the film (for instance the adult re-recordings of the J5 songs MJ recorded for Decade in 1989) then I'd understand it, but they just seem thrown together.

This isn't to say I'm not interested in hearing them - there are 6 tracks on the album I haven't heard before - it just doesn't really do justice to the project.

Im not talking about the people who just discoverd his music, they dont know better. We do. We know that if we buy this, they will continue releasing greatest hits cd's with one or two new songs.

you're not getting the point?
a company does not care WHO buys their product, they're just interested in the fact THAT and HOW OFTEN their product is bought

it doesn't matter if you buy it or not, the people who just discovered his music e.g. make up a huge sum and that's what matters to a company.

;)

nah they will buy the ultimate collection or something its not even a good greatest hits album. So if we dont buy it, it does matter. if the fans dont buy it thats a lot of people.

And i wont buy it just to make a point.

You have to remember, this is NOT a Michael Jackson album, This IS the soundtrack to the film "This Is It", which just happens to be about Michael Jackson's last rehearsal before his untimely death.

You'll have to wait at least a year before you see Michael's new album (I reckon we'll see an album of new stuff in 2011)

Boycott this crap, and don't worry about the estate : they're rich enough, and they'll get plenty of money from better MJ products, including -- hopefully -- the movie itself.

Amen.

I'm not buying it.

I'm buying a physical copy for

1. The demos
2. The 2 versions of This Is It
3. The booklet and poster
4. I want to help MJ get another #1 album

The Estate has to get rid of the debt, resolve all these crazy lawsuits so Michael's legacy and the kids' wellbeing can truly be resolved

1. The demos

The Estate has to get rid of the debt, resolve all these crazy lawsuits so Michael's legacy and the kids' wellbeing can truly be resolved

Amen to that, honey! :cheeky:

1. The demos

by buying greatist hits albums so there will be mroe greatist hits albums, and more and more so people get sick of it?

Im tinking that they are going to do the same as they did for the KOP 50 album and release the 2 disc in october and then a 3 disc collectos edition in deecmebr with the 3rd disc featuring more demos .

I'm don't think I'm going to buy this. I'm sick of Sony just constantly cashing in and just rehashing greatest hits albums over and over, there's been more than half a dozen in the last decade. This CD is going to flop, not because of Michael or the quality of his muisc but because Sony are treating Michael's legacy and fans appallingly.

Back