Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

Should I buy this?

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

OKay thx IVY! That helped a bit.

LLCz - If you want to learn about parts of Michael you don't know than yes.. if you want to keep a cover over your eyes to a false image of Michael than no. It depends how much you want to open your world. It talks about the beauty of Michael and shares beautiful stories, he does go over MJ using medication aswell which where some people dont like admitting to themselves...

I personally am thankful for what he shared.. And at least in the book he explains what we know little about. Oh and people will hate on what I am going to say but it is POSSIBLE that doctors could have taken advantage of Michael to the point of death much earlier if Frank was not there. Hate on me all you want for saying that!!

Thanks so much for the summaries! Why have they stopped? Loved reading those.

Alright, I take exception with one thing Frank says so far in the book and that is his referring to Dr. Klein as "charismatic". I wish I could ask him where? lol.

I downloaded the book from Apple&#8217;s iBooks. I&#8217;m now up to Chapter 13, about half way through the book. So far, I think the book is written in an honest and respectful manner. There is no invasive or &#8220;revealing&#8221; detail. Also, Frank did not pretend to know the absolute truth. As a matter of fact, Frank even openly admitted that his point of view could be naïve or &#8220;blissfully ignorant&#8221; at times. His overall tone is certainly not that of &#8220;I-know-it-all.&#8221;</SPAN>

Part I of the book (the period from the first time Frank met Michael to around 1999) is indeed a treasure. Frank did a great job in &#8220;humanizing&#8221; Michael. It could be because Frank didn&#8217;t see Michael Jackson as an idol, but more like a friend. Frank was only four years old when he first met Michael. Yes, Michael was unbelievably powerful and extremely rich. He could fly the entire Cascio family from cities to cities. He could have the entire Toys R&#8217; Us for him and his friends. However, in Frank&#8217;s eyes, Michael was just a cool big kid who watched movies and played games with him. Who could imagine that Michael was also a great tutor who actually helped Frank and Eddie with their school assignments? Michael would read to Frank and Eddie, ask them research on different cultures and wrote journals. The way Michael shared his knowledge and encouraged children to learn is inspiring to say the least. It really hurts my heart to know that Michael could no longer help with his own children&#8217;s homework. He could no longer share his wealth of knowledge and wisdom with his own children. :cry:</SPAN>

I find some comfort knowing Michael was able to spend a week of tranquil time in a remote village in Switzerland shortly after the allegations broke in 1993. Frank and Eddie kept him company. Michael was able to walk down the street in the village anonymously. He was able to be himself and had some peace during such horrible and chaotic time. By the way, Frank was being absolutely clear that Michael was innocent and there was absolutely nothing inappropriate in his interactions with children. </SPAN>

There are some funny and warm anecdotes. Who would not giggle when visualizing Michael stood in front of a closet of red shirts and black pants thinking about what to wear and deciding to change thing a bit by adding a black fedora. :giggle:</SPAN>

Who would not be touched knowing the amount of efforts Michael put into preparing for fatherhood? He recorded himself saying &#8220;Prince, I love you. I&#8217;m your father. I love you.&#8221; repeatedly and gave the tape to Debbie, so Debbie can put a headphone over his pregnant belly to let the baby get familiar with his father&#8217;s voice. :boohoo:</SPAN>

Although I don&#8217;t think I have learned anything particularly insightful, I do believe Frank confirmed what a kind, innocent, intelligent, loving and caring human being Michael Jackson truly was. </SPAN>

I&#8217;m now in the middle of Part II of the book. Frank started to work for Michael in 1999. He was closer to the Michael Jackson business empire and helped Michael to keep an eye on his employees in Neverland. According to Frank, Michael also asked him to represent him in many business transactions. May be it&#8217;s me. I have a hard time in believing that Michael would trust a late teenager in his business dealings. I have a feeling that Frank may simplify many details. I almost feel like he glorified his role. I don&#8217;t think I see the real picture at all. I would take what he said during the late 90&#8217;s and early 2000&#8217;s with a grain of salt. I&#8217;ll finish reading the rest of the book in the coming days. May be after I complete reading the book, I&#8217;ll have a better understanding.</SPAN>

Unlike Joe Vogel&#8217;s Man in the Music, which I wholeheartedly recommend, I do not necessary think every fan is cut out to read this book. There are moments of joy and moments of sorrow. It&#8217;s heartbreaking for me to read how much Michael suffered after 1993, so I totally understand why some find this book depressing. It has nothing to do with white-washing Michael&#8217;s flaws or desire to read only &#8220;positive&#8221; stories. I guess it&#8217;s just very difficult to read about Michael in pain after the 1993 allegations, 1999 bridge fall, etc&#8230; There is nothing wrong about focusing on Michael&#8217;s arts and trying to forget his personal struggles, in my opinion. Who wouldn&#8217;t want to be a carefree fan? It doesn&#8217;t mean that we have to ignore Michael&#8217;s issues. Michael was a genius when he talked about giving his fans escapism. At times, I have to rediscover the sheer excitement and joy Michael&#8217;s arts brought me and safeguard that memory. </SPAN>

Would Michael have approved this book? I honestly don&#8217;t think he would be okay with topic such as his health issue and finance being published. But then, would he have approved the way his posthumous releases being handled? After Michael&#8217;s passing, we have to accept the harsh reality with open questions that no one will be able to answer. </SPAN>

just finished the book. This is my review

Must buy - but don't expect an all laughs fairy tale

Before I go into details, there's something that everyone should understand about this book. As Frank mentions in the prologue this book is about Michael Jackson - the man and not Michael Jackson - the superstar. This book is about the decades long friendship - with ups and downs- Michael and Frank had. Also realize that Frank has a different perception of Michael than we all do. To Frank Cascio , Michael Jackson is the person that he met as a kid without knowing who he was, who turned to a person that helped with his homework, to a father figure and then a friend; a friend that he laughed, worked, cried, shared and even argued at times.

As a long time fan I have also read almost every single book, article, magazine (and even court documents) and watched every documentary, news show etc about Michael. So as I was already knowledgeable about most things, many of the newer books and documentaries didn't offer much "new" stuff to me. I knew them all and they even became boring (how many times do we need to hear the Motown story, honestly?). Frank's book was refreshing in this regard. Although we all know the main events, the details mentioned in the book are new and make it an interesting read. That alone made me satisfied with my purchase.

Frank's book is divided into 3 categories : the time he spent with Michael as a child, the time period when he worked for Michael and the allegations period &later years. Each part has a different tone and their relationship differs between these time periods as well.

The time period when he was a child (from age 4 to till he was 16-18) is perhaps the most fun part of the book. Frank details his experiences with Michael and they are all inspiring to say the least. They will surely put a smile on your face. Frank also tells about Chandler's, his interactions with Michael and what he said about his father Evan - and paints the picture of a jealous father going after Michael. Although Michael went through the emotional and physical toll of the 1993 allegations and dealt with drug issues, Frank's realization about such issues are minimal as he was only a 13 year old kid at the time.

The time period when Frank worked (officially or unofficially) for Michael is the time period (1999 - 2003) that their relationship evolved to be a lot more closer, well due to the fact that Frank now was an adult and what Michael shared with an adult versus a child obviously was different and Frank was spending a lot more time with Michael and he wasn't a guest anymore. From this time period the book details 1999 bridge accident, recording of Invincible, heal the kids charitable efforts, troubles with Sony, MTV award fiasco, Living with Michael Jackson documentary, the rebuttal videos, MJ Private home movies and Arvizos. In this part Frank wonderfully details and explains the Arvizo's , their relationship with Michael, what actually went on and how calculated Janet Arvizo was.

Final part details the after second allegations, the trial, the falling out and the making up they experienced.

I will try to answer some common questions and concerns in this part

- Although Frank and his family shared a 25 year friendship with Michael, it doesn't mean he told them anything and everything. Frank openly states that when he wanted to keep something private, he simply did. Also what Michael shared with him changes according to his age and whether they had a friendship or a working relationship.

- Frank doesn't write the book in an ultimate indisputable truth format, on the contrary he writes what Michael told him, what he believed, what other people said etc. He clearly identifies what is his opinion. As the reader you are left to your devices to make up your mind to believe whatever you want.

- As everyone knows, drugs are mentioned in the book. And it refers to the 1999 -2001 period when Frank was working for Michael. Any drug use / issues that Michael might have prior to 1999 is unknown to Frank and the rest of the Cascios. Frank witnesses what he now believes to be Propofol at 1999 Munich and 2001 New York. Painkillers especially Demerol seem to be a lot more concern to him. He clearly states that Michael wasn't junkie and he was in terrible pain. The only thing that can be seen "negative" by some is that Frank on occasion questions if Michael's pain was physical or emotional - and therefore if the drugs were really needed. However as you read on Michael's emotional pain and what he had to go through is detailed and his emotional pain is also justified. What the media didn't tell you is that Frank blames doctors for not solving Michael's issues and simply prescribing him drugs. You also weren't told Frank's physical confrontation with doctors. Furthermore Frank tells that later in 2001/ 2002 Michael was working with doctors to solve his chronic pain issues and getting off the drugs. Media also failed to mention that the last time they spent considerable amount of time with Michael in 2007, he wasn't taking any drugs or even drinking alcohol. So you weren't given the full picture of Frank saying this was a period in his life that had physical and emotional pain and that Michael recovered from it and got rid off the drugs. In short Michael wasn't an addict - and isn't portrayed like one in the book.

- Michael's paranoia is also explained as a result of the allegations and business people around him taking advantage of him. More and more Michael becomes unable to trust people and becomes skeptical and even paranoid. It's all because of the people around Michael taking advantage of him and even lying to hurt him. It's his defense mechanism. This is also explained clearly.

- Michael's marriage to Lisa Marie isn't portrayed as fake. Their love, respect, trust is mentioned over and over again. Arab Prince is a story that Michael told a 13 year old Frank , media failed to tell you that Cascio's didn't believe that explanation and believed Michael married Lisa because he wanted to have family and children. As you read the book you learn more that Michael wasn't a man of confrontation and explanations and you think perhaps that was a story he came up with (and used multiple times) so that he wouldn't have to explain himself.

- Downs of his relationship with Michael is also mentioned. According to Frank people have said to Michael that Frank took money / throwbacks for setting up meetings with Michael and that some people he invited to Neverland has been problematic. These issues are resolved rather quickly sometimes even within minutes. Frank also experiences issues with some of Michael's employees after he started working with Michael and there was some animosity.

One major issue that goes on for a long time and Michael calls a betrayal is Michael's belief that Frank refused to testify on behalf of Michael during the 2005 trial. Frank details his story : after Michael's arraignment T-Mez and Frank's lawyer tells Frank to cease any contact with Michael (because if he was called to testify they wanted him to be able to say they had no contact), DA offers Frank immunity to testify against Michael - Frank refuses, Frank's lawyer maintains communication with T-Mez, Frank tells T-Mez what he knows. Initially T-Mez planned to call Frank towards the end of the defense case but then as the testimony goes on T-Mez says he doesn't need Frank to testify, they had achieved reasonable doubt and he doesn't want Frank's 20 year relationship with Michael to be opened up to cross examination.

Frank starts hearing from his family and Michael's family (Auggie) that Michael believed that he betrayed him. Frank equally gets angry to Michael for believing he would betray him. Although they start talking in 2006, they do not discuss this issue until August 2007 and kiss and make up. Michael says "someone" told him that Frank wouldn't testify and to this day Frank doesn't know who that was. They maintain a friendship after this.

- Some fans called this book depressing. It has its funny moments and moments that you can't help but smile to the antics of Michael we all know and love but at times it's also sad. I believe this to be expected as it covers 1993 allegations, 1999 bridge fall, 2001 Sony Events, 2003 allegations and 2005 trial. Simply put : those weren't happy times and it's impossible for the book to be cheery about such topics.

- Invasion of Michael's privacy was also been a concern for the fans but honestly I haven't seen reason for such concerns. Most of the book is about the details of the public business and life events of Michael that we all know. I personally didn't find that Michael loved women, kissed them, had crushes on them and been intimate with them as problematic. It was tastefully written, no details was given and to me was no different than musicians worked with Michael mentioning women and Diddy mentioning Michael came to his party to meet with Beyonce. The pot story - that Michael tried pot because Barry Gibbs told him he wrote his best songs after smoking pot - was so rock'n roll. Also after Murray trial I don't think Michael's history with Demerol and/or Propofol was private either. Probably if alive Michael wouldn't discuss the women in his life and his experimentation with pot but the mention of them wasn't alarming to me.

What was the best parts of the book?

- Michael Jackson the father as always a wonderful thing to read. Michael was also a father to Cascio kids and Omer. His interactions with his kids make you feel happy and love him more. That parts of the book was the one that most stood out actually. I believe that might be the strongest point this book makes.

- Michael Jackson the teacher is also unbelievable. His life lessons to Cascios and his kids, his love for the books, his philosophy is a must must must read for every Michael Jackson fan.

- Frank's first hand witness account of Chandlers and Arvizos is also very valuable information for all.

In the end you'll laugh (such as : peach cobbler, Mr. Donald Duck, Gary the driver, Michael choosing what to wear, Michael's pranks) and you'll get sad (such as allegations, how media treated Michael). Overall it's a good read that I recommend to everyone. Just realize it's about Michael Jackson the man, not the Michael Jackson the superstar or Michael Jackson the perfect saint.

I will read this book, thank you for your honest and unbiased review. It's tiring reading through the insults and anger of some.

I don't know people should decide for themselves, I for one still ain't buying it. But, I do see the good in the book and I see the bad that came out of it while promoting it and how some things will be interperted differently by each person from what they heard him say in interviews and what he wrote in his book. I find the whole thing risky and the timing especially with the inteview on 20/20 before a verdict wrong....but, hey that's just me. At the end of the day I still would have perferred some things about MJ to stay private.

Kinda hard to believe that mj had no clue as to why frank didnt testify. are we to believe that mj had no clue about what was going on in his own case and never spoke to his own lawyer about the defence case and how it would evolve.other than that its a good story to throw in to add some xtra juice to the book cause logically its not very credible. be intresting to hear mez comment on.thats the problem with these books .u dont know whats the truth whats been exagerated or whats just plain b.s.thats why personally i dont care to read it as how do i know whats real and what was thrown in in order to get a deal. if frank wanted to defend mj he could have given a few interviews. but imo writing books is just tacky and cheap especially after someone has passed.and knowing how private someone was. its all very easy to do when the person isnt here to call u out personally or privatly and contridict whats said in the book.each to their own on buying it but personslly it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. i find it tacky and disrespectful to mj and as someone who loves mj i just find it plain wrong on so many levels that someone would put mjs private business out there. ontop of the ammo it has given to the media something u would never risk doing

Last edited:

^^^Thank you love, this was a very objective review .

Another question to those that read the book and don't mind answering. Does Frank mention MJs lupus disease in the book? Does he mention how MJ dealt with that and how that could well be the reason why he also took prescribe drugs too other then his back issues, emotional pain and Vitiligo treatments?

Another thing too (and this is just a comment not a question) when frank says he not sure if MJ at times took drugs for pain or emotional reasons he is admitting there that he does believe that MJ might have taken drugs for recreational reasons if it wasn't for phsyical pain. Which is like Oh no why would he say something like that publicly or in a book? SMH

U sadley have to worry about motives aswell when u see him with botech and attending friedmans birthday parties.it doesnt give a good impression

Friedman birthday parties...tell me that isn't so? :eek: They that close?

I knew about the Botech ish and that was the first time I was like hmmmm about Frank. SMH Well u know if people have an issue with Rebbie being friends with Stacey Brown then why can't we call out Frank and his motives when he hangs out with people like Botech and Friedman? These people hurt MJ too. And the only reason why Friedman was fair to MJ in 05 was because he had a source, Frank. If he didn't he would have been sh*ttin on MJ just like the rest. But, the man is loyal to his sources and will blow where the wind takes him so he can be first with his story good or bad.

Plus, if Roger Friedman really believed MJ was 100% innocent then why even as Frank a source would he be on Courtv while sittin next to Dimond going off about other boys he could name that people don't even know about that were in MJ life. He was implying ish right there while Dimond ofcourse agreed.

Last edited:

Yeah he attended it a few years ago or so.was talked about on here at the timefriedman doesnt give a dam. like u say he will go with whatever his source tells him. be it pro or negative.

bluetopez - im far along the book.. about 80% done.. So there could be more that I dont know but..

As far as drug reference's up to this point he mentioned that while on tour a doctor would come to the room and help him fall asleep and he thought it was perfectly normal at the time.. the next mentioning from what i remember would be the 1999 injury while performing earth song, he's had pain ever since.. he mentioned when he broke his ankle in 2001 as we remember.. But yes he states that Michael had usually never admitted of an issue.. except once he admitted to slowly get off, and he had a doctor (the only good doctor in franks eyes) that was helped him not use the medications anymore.. after the doctor left other doctors brought them back.. He really puts the blame on the doctors but does not take responsibity away from Michael at the same time. Oh and he did mention that the family "intervention" that they have mentioned was because Frank called Janet and Tito behind MJ's back when he didn't know what to do anymore.. In the book he mentioned of times that he did not want doctors near michael and would sleep in Michaels hotel room to make sure they wouldn't come near.. Or hold MJ's medication so he can always know what he's taking and when..

The book is not about drugs though.. I'd say drug refrence is roughly 4% of the book..

So when was the intervention claimed what year? early 00's? as tito mentioned something pre 03

2001 I believe if I read it right.. because they would all be in NYC at the same time. Michael told Frank that they talked to him and Mike said that his family was out of line for doing so and that he didn't have a problem

U mean all the family were in n.y so it was around msg shows then?. so this is nothing to do with the family intervention claims. thanks

what are you talking about Elusive?? the family cant do an "intervention" if they are all in different parts of the country.. Frank from what I remember from the reading knew they would all be together and used that as the timeing of it.

Up till Chapter 13, Frank didn't really speculate on Michael's drug issues.

Like I said, Part I of the book is an enjoyable read, in spite of some heartbreaking moments. But, as Frank's relationship with Michael evolved from friendship to a partial employer/employee relationship, things started to change. Frank described himself as 100% loyal and supportive of Michael - bascially someone who would never take advantage of Michael. However, he would bring his friends to Neverland and had party there while Michael was away. He desrbied his parties with friends were respectful. But, just a few pages earlier, he complained about the manager of Neverland using Michael's resources for her personal gain. Wasn't Frank doing the exact same thing by inviting his friends over to enjoy the rides, watch movies in the theatre and drink wines? It just doesn't sound right to me. Frank was also quite vague in describing the nature of his work. His job ranged from picking fans gift for Michael, to buying magazines to analysing financial information. In my mind, I ask what could a 18 year-old possibly know about finance?

What I want to say is that I feel there is a lot more that happened between the two of them than what Frank disclosed in the book. I definitely would not place too much creditibility on Frank.

Even though I enjoy the wonderful stories that Frank shared, my question on what this book can possibly achieve remains. The kind of publicity this book has generated so far focuses on drugs, which is really unfortunate. Could this book convince skeptical non-fans that Michael was not a pedophile? Hard to say. I believe the infamous May 10 recording is more convincing.

what are you talking about Elusive?? the family cant do an "intervention" if they are all in different parts of the country.. Frank from what I remember from the reading knew they would all be together and used that as the timeing of it.
The whole driving into gates etc interventions of the last five years that certain family members have pushed over the last 2 years. no mention was ever made of msg ones. tito talked about the ranch and others about vegas.was janet at msg? I cant remem

oh! I see what u mean.. I remember hearing that..

In the book I am literally at the point of them arriving to 30th anniversary.. IDK if any other will be mentioned.. but I do remember Mj's family stating there were intervention(S). I'd asume this would have been the first since Frank was telling them.. of course thats going off of pieces that we have

Yeah. i wouldnt call msg an intervention as frank was just telling them he was concerned and they talked to mj then they went on stage and that was it..the family never talked about that and u know how much they like to talk about interventions!

The whole driving into gates etc interventions of the last five years that certain family members have pushed over the last 2 years. no mention was ever made of msg ones. tito talked about the ranch and others about vegas.was janet at msg? I cant remem

Janet has never said a time or date, that is why I find her comments suspect. Oprah asked her when and she said she doesn't remember:agree:

it wasn't the same day.. a couple days prior.. But of course we dont know what was said.. the only people that were there were family. I doubt Mike would call it an intervention!

The book really isnt about drugs though!! its mentioned but honestly.. the stories that are shared are special. the jokes, how Mike mentored him, just alot of fun and sweet stories that really show Michael kind and fun personality.. Not to mention his perfectionism too! how he'd have staff that would bring him the top 10 songs from all around the world so he can always keep tabs of what people are wanting to hear.. same with books and movies.. the detail he put into Neverland and how'd he walk the land fixing things and calling staff saying he wants this sound louder here.. And when peole reach the first gates he has the staff lined up ready to basically do this choreographed intrance to Neverland where sertain things would happen and specific times for effect.. an animal would go cross the window as soon as they enter the main house etc.. things like that.. just really cool stuff

Seems like Frank was the fruition of the Jacksons thinking since then until he died MJ was an addict. SMH No wonder he agrees with them and gives them credit now.

But, as Frank's relationship with Michael evolved from friendship to a partial employer/employee relationship, things started to change. Frank described himself as 100% loyal and supportive of Michael - bascially someone who would never take advantage of Michael. However, he would bring his friends to Neverland and had party there while Michael was away. He desrbied his parties with friends were respectful. But, just a few pages earlier, he complained about the manager of Neverland using Michael's resources for her personal gain. Wasn't Frank doing the exact same thing by inviting his friends over to enjoy the rides, watch movies in the theatre and drink wines? It just doesn't sound right to me. Frank was also quite vague in describing the nature of his work. His job ranged from picking fans gift for Michael, to buying magazines to analysing financial information. In my mind, I ask what could a 18 year-old possibly know about finance?

What I want to say is that I feel there is a lot more that happened between the two of them than what Frank disclosed in the book. I definitely would not place too much creditibility on Frank.

Thx and completly agree!

Frank did state though that Michael would tell him to invite friends.. infact he would prefer it when Michael was away!! I doubt he told his cook or cleaning crew to invite friends when he was gone

AriAnge;3540553 said:
I see some of you are taking "don't write a book while I'm alive" ad litteram. But Michael didn't say either, "you can write a book about me after I die". If some understand that after MJ died, Frank can write a book, I have the right to understand the opposite. So, I prefer to understand the other version, "do not write books about me". However, from my point of view, Frank didn't have to say "while I'm alive" to make me buy his book. I would never spend money on such a book. I better help a poor child with that money.

As I wrote before there's no need to say "when I'm alive" if you don't want a person to write a book. You can say "Don't write a book about me" PERIOD.

LLCz;3540569 said:
Should I buy this?

From a person that has read the book - yes

suzynyc;3540578 said:
Alright, I take exception with one thing Frank says so far in the book and that is his referring to Dr. Klein as "charismatic". I wish I could ask him where? lol.

probably younger years. didn't he meet him around 1993 or such?

love is magical;3540584 said:
I downloaded the book from Apple&#8217;s iBooks. I&#8217;m now up to Chapter 13, about half way through the book. So far, I think the book is written in an honest and respectful manner. There is no invasive or &#8220;revealing&#8221; detail. Also, Frank did not pretend to know the absolute truth. As a matter of fact, Frank even openly admitted that his point of view could be naïve or &#8220;blissfully ignorant&#8221; at times. His overall tone is certainly not that of &#8220;I-know-it-all.&#8221;</SPAN>

I wanted to thank you for keeping an open mind and writing your opinion.

Unlike Joe Vogel&#8217;s Man in the Music, which I wholeheartedly recommend, I do not necessary think every fan is cut out to read this book. There are moments of joy and moments of sorrow. It&#8217;s heartbreaking for me to read how much Michael suffered after 1993, so I totally understand why some find this book depressing.

I agree that's why I put "not a fairy tale" in my review. I think especially after the trial for some this could be hard to handle.

elusive moonwalker;3540587 said:
Kinda hard to believe that mj had no clue as to why frank didnt testify. are we to believe that mj had no clue about what was going on in his own case and never spoke to his own lawyer about the defence case and how it would evolve.other than that its a good story to throw in to add some xtra juice to the book cause logically its not very credible. be intresting to hear mez comment on.

why don't you believe that story? Taryll said on twitter that Frank betrayed his uncle and Karen on twitter said that Michael felt Frank abandoned him during trial time and later they made up. According to Deborah from Reflections website T-Mez talks positively of Frank.

So other than who told Michael that Frank refusing to testify, I think the rest is pretty much confirmed.

bluetopez;3540597 said:
Another question to those that read the book and don't mind answering. Does Frank mention MJs lupus disease in the book? Does he mention how MJ dealt with that and how that could well be the reason why he also took prescribe drugs too other then his back issues, emotional pain and Vitiligo treatments?

no mention of lupus

Another thing too (and this is just a comment not a question) when frank says he not sure if MJ at times took drugs for pain or emotional reasons he is admitting there that he does believe that MJ might have taken drugs for recreational reasons if it wasn't for phsyical pain. Which is like Oh no why would he say something like that publicly or in a book? SMH

no no no. He multiple times say that Michael was against recreational drugs and never took them.

the physical & emotional pain is like this. Such as you hurt your leg - you take pain medicine to deal with your pain. Medicine masks your pain until your leg heals. Emotional pain is like when you are sad, angry and have anxiety such. Pain medicines may mask them but do not cure them. He later on explains emotional pain and he cannot blame Michael for trying to get rid of it. It's just perhaps pain medicine is not the way to go to solve emotional pain.

elusive moonwalker;3540609 said:
So when was the intervention claimed what year? early 00's? as tito mentioned something pre 03

I didn't read it as an intervention. It's before the 30th anniversary shows when they are all in New York. Frank mentions it to some Jacksons and they talk with Michael. The end.

love is magical;3540621 said:
Like I said, Part I of the book is an enjoyable read, in spite of some heartbreaking moments. But, as Frank's relationship with Michael evolved from friendship to a partial employer/employee relationship, things started to change. Frank described himself as 100% loyal and supportive of Michael - bascially someone who would never take advantage of Michael. However, he would bring his friends to Neverland and had party there while Michael was away. He desrbied his parties with friends were respectful. But, just a few pages earlier, he complained about the manager of Neverland using Michael's resources for her personal gain. Wasn't Frank doing the exact same thing by inviting his friends over to enjoy the rides, watch movies in the theatre and drink wines? It just doesn't sound right to me. Frank was also quite vague in describing the nature of his work. His job ranged from picking fans gift for Michael, to buying magazines to analysing financial information. In my mind, I ask what could a 18 year-old possibly know about finance?

Personal assistant jobs can be anything and everything - I know. Also when I was reading I thought about Michael Amir Williams. Do you remember how everyone had to go through MAW to reach to Michael? For some reason I started to think these were buffer positions Michael created plus did anything he asked.

Didn't he have people to help him with financial stuff such as Derek and Court and Vinnie?

Back