Frank McComb

Superstition

Proud Member
I just heard of this guy last week, and he's pretty damn amazing.

His voice is very similar to Donny Hathaway's. He's a pianist/keyboardist/singer and his music is right out of the same vein as Donny's.

I'm not all about rip-off artists, but this guy is legit talented and how can you complain if the music is even half as good as Donny's? I've been digging his work for the last week or so, so if you've heard of him share your thought and if not, maybe you can discover him for yourself.

New Sector Movements - Download This & No Tricks EP

yes yes, Supe. i had this cat on my ultimate band on keys.

along with the likes of Mark de Clive-Lowe and Dwele, he's one of my favourite 21st century keyboardists. took a lot from other legends like Joe Sample, Herbie and as you say Donnie and Stevie, but he's definitely got his own thing going and contributed a lot to UK's electronic jazz and broken beat scene much like Clive-Lowe.

i first came across him as part of the innovative New Sector Movements collective where he wrote and contributed keys & lead vocals to a few tracks, and they still remain amongst my favourites. also notice how the artwork's a bit of a nod to Stevie's Innervisions, an album which influenced the whole project according to the mastermind behind it (IG Culture).

29zojs2.png

New Sector Movements

Anthem

The Sun

(Dwele Remix)

Survival

Are all those tracks from one album? And is Frank on all the ones you just posted?

Frank is on all of them as the vocalist, keyboardist and co-writer. and that's all of the tracks that he contributed to the NSMs project (The Sun being generally the most renowned).

Anthem and The Sun are from the studio album 'Download This'.

Dwele's remix of The Sun is from the single, and Survival is from a promo EP which supported the main album.

Back