From the Estate: Michael Jackson/Justin Bieber Duet NOT Happening

L.T.D

Proud Member
I wish fans stopped talking in Michael's name and make claims about what he would do or would not do. None of us knows.

For the record, Michael was very sensitive about racist remarks. In fact, after Elvis Costello made a racist remark he refused to shake his hand.

My reply was to someone who was making a claim of what Michael would do, mine was more speculation on how he would view it based on what I know about him already. I think the difference in these stories, as you mentioned, is that one was said by an adult and another by a 14 year old kid.

IReally? So to you a song about killing black people and joining the KKK is "something innocent"? I cannot believe what I read here, to be honest.

I also find it a bit offensive to compare this to what Michael went through with the media. Michael was lied about, Michael was slandered, the media paid people big bucks to tell horrible lies about him! There is simply no comparation to this story where we are talking about the FACT that Bieber did sing this song and did make these remarks.

It is comparable in the sense that the media had an agenda against Michael as they do with Justin now, the specific details are not comparable no. But they can be compared in the sense that they are digging up more and more stuff like this.

In the real world, 14 year old kids do stuff like this all the time and they think it's funny. It's a form of showing off....it happens everyday in schools, but it just so happens that Justin was recorded and it is now being publicized because he is famous. It doesn't mean they really believe all that stuff and that is their view on it, especially now they are older. Believe me, it happens every day.

S

Spyce

Really? So to you a song about killing black people and joining the KKK is "something innocent"? I cannot believe what I read here, to be honest.

I also find it a bit offensive to compare this to what Michael went through with the media. Michael was lied about, Michael was slandered, the media paid people big bucks to tell horrible lies about him! There is simply no comparation to this story where we are talking about the FACT that Bieber did sing this song and did make these remarks.

I have to step back a minute and apologize.

Until just now, I had not seen the video, and I really had no intentions of ever watching it but I figure if I am going to respond any further, I need to see it. Anyway, my thought was that he was just "being a kid" and singing along to another song. I had no idea he had taken one of his own songs and changed the lyrics.

You are right, it's not funny, and that's certainly not "innocent" fun. He was 14 years old and one cannot tell me that at 14 he didn't know using that word is wrong.

I am going to bow out of the conversation here because I do not know enough about the whole story to really make any more comments, I simply wanted to apologize for what I had said- out of my own ignorance- and retract it. I am sorry -_-

HIStory

Proud Member
My reply was to someone who was making a claim of what Michael would do, mine was more speculation on how he would view it based on what I know about him already. I think the difference in these stories, as you mentioned, is that one was said by an adult and another by a 14 year old kid.

It is comparable in the sense that the media had an agenda against Michael as they do with Justin now, the specific details are not comparable no. But they can be compared in the sense that they are digging up more and more stuff like this.

In the real world, 14 year old kids do stuff like this all the time and they think it's funny. It's a form of showing off....it happens everyday in schools, but it just so happens that Justin was recorded and it is now being publicized because he is famous. It doesn't mean they really believe all that stuff and that is their view on it, especially now they are older. Believe me, it happens every day.

It's wrong to hang him, yes, but it's also wrong to pretend he did nothing wrong and to play down racism just because "it happens every day". And it will happen in the future again and again if people give it a pass and act like it's nothing wrong and make excuses for it.

L.T.D

Proud Member
It's wrong to hang him, yes, but it's also wrong to pretend he did nothing wrong and to play down racism just because "it happens every day". And it will happen in the future again and again if people give it a pass and act like it's nothing wrong and make excuses for it.

Of course it's wrong, I'm not saying it's not wrong. You're not understanding the point I'm trying to make at all. I'm not playing down racism in general at all.

I'm making the point that just because he was singing a racist song, doesn't actually mean he is/was racist and that a lot of kids that age do stuff like that every day without giving it a second thought, even when they do know what they are singing about.....

Again, I'm not downplaying racism in general, but I am downplaying this particular instance of racism. May I also just say, there is nothing more annoying than something making out you're saying something you're not and generalizing everything you've said, especially on a topic as sensitive as racism. Personally, I'm very careful not to do that to others because I understand how frustrating it can be.

Again, racism in general? Bad, very bad. This particular instance of racism? Still bad, but can be brushed off as a kid just being dumb and showing off to his friends and would be much worse had he been the age he is now.

S

Spyce

I'm making the point that just because he was singing a racist song, doesn't actually mean he is/was racist and that a lot of kids that age do stuff like that every day without giving it a second thought, even when they do know what they are singing about.....

Have you actually seen the video though? Because I thought the same thing- I thought he was just singing along to another song. As it turns out, that wasn't the case. He took his own song and replaced the lyrics.

L.T.D

Proud Member
Have you actually seen the video though? Because I thought the same thing- I thought he was just singing along to another song. As it turns out, that wasn't the case. He took his own song and replaced the lyrics.

I have seen the video but I had no idea whether he was singing along to a song or replacing lyrics for his song with another, I don't really know his songs or the song the lyrics are from. I still put it down to him just showing off to his friends at the time though.

dam2040

Proud Member
He parodied a YouTube parody of one of his songs - copied what someone else did I heard but I can't see Slave being a single so to be honest I don't think this'll ever get released.

cqleonardo

Proud Member
I would love to hear a new version of STTR with JB... If the Xscape version didn't came out the JB version would be my favorite, only think I would change would be the parts that JB and MJ sings, MJ first than JB