From the Estate: Michael Jackson/Justin Bieber Duet NOT Happening

I wish the Estate or Sony did more to remove thos JB videos from Youtube. I actually hear it on the radio all the time.

Yeah, they are blocking all the Xscape-related stuff on YouTube in my country, but this stupid duet is available...

So you think Sony should be more diligent in removing copyright material uploaded on youtube?
or just the songs you don't like ?

Anyway , Xscape songs are now all over the place on Youtube even full album uploads .. Its is German copyright laws that block most youtube content. from being seen in germany. 95% of all my uploads are available every where else but only blocked in Germany.. Youtube doesn't allow them becuase of an ongoing copyright dispute they have with germany.

YouTube Ordered By German Court To Restrict Videos That Might Violate Copyright
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/20/youtube-germany-copyright_n_1440767.html

That Bieber fanmade crap just looks like an edited version of Hollywood Tonight.. i wish the estate could remove uploads of the full album etc.! will only suffer in sales if this problem continues.

A video appeared online with a young Justin Bieber telling a racist joke -
another reason a "duet" should not happen.

I'll be totally honest about why I don't want a BJ duet.

It's this kid's behavior! Drugging and driving. Speeding and drugging/drinking. Peeing in cups in public places. Calling fans names. Egging his neighbor's house. Throwing extremely loud parties. Just being a totally disrespectful asshat.

Michael has enough of the public complaining about his supposed behavior. Don't need to add to it with this idiot.

After JB's recent video with him talking about killing black people and wanting to joining the KKK Michael would not want to be anywhere near him

I was sort of neutral about this kid BEFORE those videos surfaced. Now, I am totally against any thought of a possible collaboration in the future. This kid is really a rotten apple

Michael has enough of the public complaining about his supposed behavior. Don't need to add to it with this idiot.

As Michael fans, we should sympathize with him more than anyone. The media is out to get him right now just like they were with Michael. We used to crucify other celebrities and accuse them of distancing themselves from Michael back in 2003/2005. If I don't want a duet with Justin Bieber it will be because of his music, not because of his behaviour at the moment and believing in the media's agenda against him at the moment.

Michael has taught me better than that.

After JB's recent video with him talking about killing black people and wanting to joining the KKK Michael would not want to be anywhere near him

Again, did Michael teach you nothing? You might want to learn a bit more about it first before commenting on it, the video was from when he was about 14 years old and he was singing a song which was about killing black people and joining the KKK. He was just a kid at that time and didn't know any better. The media is just digging up more and more dirt on him now because it's selling, just like they did with Michael.

Michael was very forgiving and would forgive Justin for something he sang when he was 14 and not thinking exactly about what he was singing. I know at 14 I didn't know too much about the n-word or who the KKK were. It astounds how much some of Michael's teachings have been lost on some of you, I often wonder how much some of you really understood him at all.

With me, because of Michael I can spot a media witch hunt a mile off and it's happening right now. While some of you just seem very happy to join in! It's quite saddening. From Michael Jackson fans I would expect better to be honest. I would at least expect people to see through the media agenda against him and not completely buy into it.

Last edited:
As Michael fans, we should sympathize with him more than anyone. The media is out to get him right now just like they were with Michael. We used to crucify other celebrities and accuse them of distancing themselves from Michael back in 2003/2005. If I don't want a duet with Justin Bieber it will be because of his music, not because of his behaviour at the moment and believing in the media's agenda against him at the moment.

Again, did Michael teach you nothing? You might want to learn a bit more about it first before commenting on it, the video was from when he was about 14 years old and he was singing a song which was about killing black people and joining the KKK. He was just a kid at that time and didn't know any better. The media is just digging up more and more dirt on him now because it's selling, just like they did with Michael.

Michael was very forgiving and would forgive Justin for something he sang when he was 14 and not thinking exactly about what he was singing. I know at 14 I didn't know too much about the n-word or who the KKK were. It astounds how much some of Michael's teachings have been lost on some of you, I often wonder how much some of you really understood him at all.

With me, because of Michael I can spot a media witch hunt a mile off and it's happening right now. While some of you just seem very happy to join in! It's quite saddening. From Michael Jackson fans I would expect better to be honest. I would at least expect people to see through the media agenda against him and not completely buy into it.

I thought of exactly this as soon as the story broke... about Justin. I mean, I'm not a JB fan by any means, I don't like his music, but I do not judge him based on anything I read in the tabloids. In fact, I don't judge any person by anything I read in the magazines/tabloids/etc because there is just no knowing what is truth and what is not. Anyway, upon doing some digging, you are absolutely right, this whole thing with JB happened when he was 14. It was years ago and he was signing along to some song. Big deal. I used to sing ("rap") along to Eminem. Does that make me a bad person? How come the tabloids don't come after me and put my face all over the front page?

It's because Justin's name and face sell. Yes, the same thing that happened with Michael, and it's very sad. Take something innocent and make it out to be something other than what it really is, all in the name of making a buck.

I thought of exactly this as soon as the story broke... about Justin. I mean, I'm not a JB fan by any means, I don't like his music, but I do not judge him based on anything I read in the tabloids. In fact, I don't judge any person by anything I read in the magazines/tabloids/etc because there is just no knowing what is truth and what is not. Anyway, upon doing some digging, you are absolutely right, this whole thing with JB happened when he was 14. It was years ago and he was signing along to some song. Big deal. I used to sing ("rap") along to Eminem. Does that make me a bad person? How come the tabloids don't come after me and put my face all over the front page?

It's because Justin's name and face sell. Yes, the same thing that happened with Michael, and it's very sad. Take something innocent and make it out to be something other than what it really is, all in the name of making a buck.

Absolutely spot on, and I'm a little disappointed I am not seeing more people recognize this in here.

I don't care if Justin was 14 at the time. He's still a piece of shit for saying those disgusting things. A 14 year old should know that saying those things is wrong

I don't care if Justin was 14 at the time. He's still a piece of shit for saying those disgusting things. A 14 year old should know that saying those things is wrong

Millions of teenagers out there are saying things that they may have come to regret later in the life, and I bet you too said some things at 14 that you didn't mean to. Luckily for you, what you said at 14 doesn't come haunt you 10 years later.

I'm not fan of JB, but he does get lots of crap from media and as some people here already said it, I would expected more critical view towards media from MJ fans.

I wish fans stopped talking in Michael's name and make claims about what he would do or would not do. None of us knows.

For the record, Michael was very sensitive about racist remarks. In fact, after Elvis Costello made a racist remark he refused to shake his hand.

The reason:

Here is the story with Michael from Costello himself:

I'm not saying I wasn't responsible for my actions; that sounds like I'm trying to excuse myself. But I was not very responsible. There's a distinct difference. I was completely irresponsible, in fact. And far from carefree - careless with everything. With everything that I really care about. And I think that inasmuch as it was said that we fed ourselves to the lions, you could say that whatever the incident was, it was symptomatic of the condition I was in, and that I deserved what happened regardless of the intentions of the remarks.

But it was only quite recently that I realized that it's not only the man on the street, as it were, who's never heard of me otherwise, who's only read People - that it's not only people like that who know only this about me. When we were recording Imperial Bedroom, Bruce Thomas was in the next studio while I was doing a vocal. Paul McCartney was there, and Michael jackson came in to do a vocal - everything was nice until somebody introduced Bruce as my bass player. And suddenly - there was a freeze-out. Michael Jackson was - "Oh, God, I don't dig that guy... I don't dig that guy."

He had heard about it third hand, from Quincy Jones. Two guys I have a tremendous amount of admiration for. It depressed me that I wouldn't be able to go up to him - I wouldn't be able to go up and shake his hand, because he wouldn't want to shake my hand. Or James Brown, for that matter. But what could I say? What could I say? How could you explain such a thing? But there is nothing I'd like more.

http://www.elviscostello.info/articles/r/rolling_stone.820902b.html

I do agree that there seems to be a media campaign against Bieber right now and I also agree that he was 14 and that makes his story a bit different than Costello's who was an adult when he made those remarks. On the other hand, it's also wrong to pretend there is nothing wrong with what Bieber did. A 14-year-old is not an adult, but not exactly a small child either. A 14-year-old knows full well what it means to kill black people and to join the KKK. And from the smirk on his face I would say he knew full well what he was doing.

But people do change so just because Bieber did this at 14 it does not necessarily mean he is still a racist. Hopefully he realized it was wrong and he moved away from those views. I'm not bashing him, I'm not judging him, but being "Michael-like" also does not mean that we refuse to acknowledge it when we see something wrong and try to make the person out to be the victim who was in the wrong. Yes, racism IS a big deal! I do not appreciate the downplaying of racism and pretending like it's no big deal to sing about the killing of black people with a big smile on your face.

Take something innocent and make it out to be something other than what it really is, all in the name of making a buck.

Really? So to you a song about killing black people and joining the KKK is "something innocent"? I cannot believe what I read here, to be honest.

I also find it a bit offensive to compare this to what Michael went through with the media. Michael was lied about, Michael was slandered, the media paid people big bucks to tell horrible lies about him! There is simply no comparation to this story where we are talking about the FACT that Bieber did sing this song and did make these remarks.

Last edited:
I wish fans stopped talking in Michael's name and make claims about what he would do or would not do. None of us knows.

For the record, Michael was very sensitive about racist remarks. In fact, after Elvis Costello made a racist remark he refused to shake his hand.

My reply was to someone who was making a claim of what Michael would do, mine was more speculation on how he would view it based on what I know about him already. I think the difference in these stories, as you mentioned, is that one was said by an adult and another by a 14 year old kid.

IReally? So to you a song about killing black people and joining the KKK is "something innocent"? I cannot believe what I read here, to be honest.

I also find it a bit offensive to compare this to what Michael went through with the media. Michael was lied about, Michael was slandered, the media paid people big bucks to tell horrible lies about him! There is simply no comparation to this story where we are talking about the FACT that Bieber did sing this song and did make these remarks.

It is comparable in the sense that the media had an agenda against Michael as they do with Justin now, the specific details are not comparable no. But they can be compared in the sense that they are digging up more and more stuff like this.

In the real world, 14 year old kids do stuff like this all the time and they think it's funny. It's a form of showing off....it happens everyday in schools, but it just so happens that Justin was recorded and it is now being publicized because he is famous. It doesn't mean they really believe all that stuff and that is their view on it, especially now they are older. Believe me, it happens every day.

Really? So to you a song about killing black people and joining the KKK is "something innocent"? I cannot believe what I read here, to be honest.

I have to step back a minute and apologize.

Until just now, I had not seen the video, and I really had no intentions of ever watching it but I figure if I am going to respond any further, I need to see it. Anyway, my thought was that he was just "being a kid" and singing along to another song. I had no idea he had taken one of his own songs and changed the lyrics.

You are right, it's not funny, and that's certainly not "innocent" fun. He was 14 years old and one cannot tell me that at 14 he didn't know using that word is wrong.

I am going to bow out of the conversation here because I do not know enough about the whole story to really make any more comments, I simply wanted to apologize for what I had said- out of my own ignorance- and retract it. I am sorry -_-

My reply was to someone who was making a claim of what Michael would do, mine was more speculation on how he would view it based on what I know about him already. I think the difference in these stories, as you mentioned, is that one was said by an adult and another by a 14 year old kid.

It is comparable in the sense that the media had an agenda against Michael as they do with Justin now, the specific details are not comparable no. But they can be compared in the sense that they are digging up more and more stuff like this.

In the real world, 14 year old kids do stuff like this all the time and they think it's funny. It's a form of showing off....it happens everyday in schools, but it just so happens that Justin was recorded and it is now being publicized because he is famous. It doesn't mean they really believe all that stuff and that is their view on it, especially now they are older. Believe me, it happens every day.

It's wrong to hang him, yes, but it's also wrong to pretend he did nothing wrong and to play down racism just because "it happens every day". And it will happen in the future again and again if people give it a pass and act like it's nothing wrong and make excuses for it.

It's wrong to hang him, yes, but it's also wrong to pretend he did nothing wrong and to play down racism just because "it happens every day". And it will happen in the future again and again if people give it a pass and act like it's nothing wrong and make excuses for it.

Of course it's wrong, I'm not saying it's not wrong. You're not understanding the point I'm trying to make at all. I'm not playing down racism in general at all.

I'm making the point that just because he was singing a racist song, doesn't actually mean he is/was racist and that a lot of kids that age do stuff like that every day without giving it a second thought, even when they do know what they are singing about.....

Again, I'm not downplaying racism in general, but I am downplaying this particular instance of racism. May I also just say, there is nothing more annoying than something making out you're saying something you're not and generalizing everything you've said, especially on a topic as sensitive as racism. Personally, I'm very careful not to do that to others because I understand how frustrating it can be.

Again, racism in general? Bad, very bad. This particular instance of racism? Still bad, but can be brushed off as a kid just being dumb and showing off to his friends and would be much worse had he been the age he is now.

I'm making the point that just because he was singing a racist song, doesn't actually mean he is/was racist and that a lot of kids that age do stuff like that every day without giving it a second thought, even when they do know what they are singing about.....

Have you actually seen the video though? Because I thought the same thing- I thought he was just singing along to another song. As it turns out, that wasn't the case. He took his own song and replaced the lyrics.

Have you actually seen the video though? Because I thought the same thing- I thought he was just singing along to another song. As it turns out, that wasn't the case. He took his own song and replaced the lyrics.

I have seen the video but I had no idea whether he was singing along to a song or replacing lyrics for his song with another, I don't really know his songs or the song the lyrics are from. I still put it down to him just showing off to his friends at the time though.

He parodied a YouTube parody of one of his songs - copied what someone else did I heard but I can't see Slave being a single so to be honest I don't think this'll ever get released.

I would love to hear a new version of STTR with JB... If the Xscape version didn't came out the JB version would be my favorite, only think I would change would be the parts that JB and MJ sings, MJ first than JB

Back