Future MJ-Film Releases: on DVD or Blu-Ray, or both?

There is footage from two of the Wembley shows, in this compilation! Warren Eagles confirmed that two full July shows were shot on 16 & 35mm! highlighting the fact, that at some points they were filming for fun.. Neither of these shows are July 16th or 15th. Personally i think the shows Warren mentioned and that he worked on were the first & last of the Wembley July shows..

Holy crap that's some awesome quality!

Actually - the thread does say future...

So why not 4K - Ultra HD !! :lol:

There is footage from two of the Wembley shows, in this compilation! Warren Eagles confirmed that two full July shows were shot on 16 & 35mm! highlighting the fact, that at some points they were filming for fun.. Neither of these shows are July 16th or 15th. Personally i think the shows Warren mentioned and that he worked on were the first & last of the Wembley July shows..

This is the quality I want released!! - just WOW !
I do have some (negative) things to say about releasing a combilation concert using clips from different shows... - The colour of the mike changes, black - silver, also he holds the mic in right hand - next clip left and then all of a sudden it's back in right hand - and has changed colour... - Actually that's not much of a problem, though it distracts me a little to be honest...

BUT - at point it could look like playback. Just in the small clip you posted ZAKK it looks like playback many times. MJ sings - yet the mic is nowhere near his mouth. Fx at 1:23-1:26 - he keeps singing al though he took the mic away... It looks stupid. - And some poeple who do not know it's a mix from two or more different concerts will accuse MJ of using playback.

BUT - could the Estate mix together a concert in this amazing quality with great audio - maybe multitracks that could be made into 5.1 or even 7.1 - then I would love it anyway. BUT they should choose only sound from 1 concert and release that concert on CD and iTunes. not mix audio from different concerts!!

AND - on the DVD/Blu-Ray cover it should CLEARLY state that the concert is a mix of more concerts, so if it looks like playback it's actually just because picture is maybe from a different concert than the audio in some clips.

This is the quality I want released!! - just WOW !
I do have some (negative) things to say about releasing a combilation concert using clips from different shows... - The colour of the mike changes, black - silver, also he holds the mic in right hand - next clip left and then all of a sudden it's back in right hand - and has changed colour... - Actually that's not much of a problem, though it distracts me a little to be honest...

BUT - at point it could look like playback. Just in the small clip you posted ZAKK it looks like playback many times. MJ sings - yet the mic is nowhere near his mouth. Fx at 1:23-1:26 - he keeps singing al though he took the mic away... It looks stupid. - And some poeple who do not know it's a mix from two or more different concerts will accuse MJ of using playback.

BUT - could the Estate mix together a concert in this amazing quality with great audio - maybe multitracks that could be made into 5.1 or even 7.1 - then I would love it anyway. BUT they should choose only sound from 1 concert and release that concert on CD and iTunes. not mix audio from different concerts!!

AND - on the DVD/Blu-Ray cover it should CLEARLY state that the concert is a mix of more concerts, so if it looks like playback it's actually just because picture is maybe from a different concert than the audio in some clips.
Maybe it doesn't have to be mix of many concerts. There is a change that one complete concert could be released. The multitrack audio used in Moonwalker sounds great:

The audio is most likely from the Bad jacket concert.

Just seen an app on my Playstation 4 called 'Qello concerts'. It is a streaming service like Netflix but for concerts! All the biggest names are on there, but no Michael.

I have contacted them for more information and I'll wait to see if they get back to me. I've suggested they strike a deal with the MJ estate to try and air unseen Michael Jackson concerts, and told them how much more business it would generate. The whole of this forum I'm sure would flock to it to sign up.

This is the way forward now, online streaming. Even Blu-Ray is becoming a thing of the past as more and more people are using Netflix.

I'm
Just seen an app on my Playstation 4 called 'Qello concerts'. It is a streaming service like Netflix but for concerts! All the biggest names are on there, but no Michael.

I have contacted them for more information and I'll wait to see if they get back to me. I've suggested they strike a deal with the MJ estate to try and air unseen Michael Jackson concerts, and told them how much more business it would generate. The whole of this forum I'm sure would flock to it to sign up.

This is the way forward now, online streaming. Even Blu-Ray is becoming a thing of the past as more and more people are using Netflix.

Great idea. Submit this idea to the online team as well

This is actually the point isn't it.

For coming releases DVD and Blu-Ray are already dead. - All MJ stuff has to be available on a streaming service. - HBO, Netflix etc.

I would go for Netflix - it's the biggest and the best. - MJ Estate should make a deal with them. - After Thriller and Ghosts and maybe even a HIStory Tour concert has been released - ALL MJ's stuff should be on Netflix.

Make it available for the masses !

This is actually the point isn't it.

For coming releases DVD and Blu-Ray are already dead. - All MJ stuff has to be available on a streaming service. - HBO, Netflix etc.

I would go for Netflix - it's the biggest and the best. - MJ Estate should make a deal with them. - After Thriller and Ghosts and maybe even a HIStory Tour concert has been released - ALL MJ's stuff should be on Netflix.

Make it available for the masses !

They should release higher quality versions of what has been released, for example BAD Tour in HD & the short films in HD etc.! also create some Netflix exclusive releases, like studio featurette's & the unseen this is it rehearsals etc.! i'd love a collectors label also though, for Unreleased album Vinyl's & physical Blu-Ray discs etc.

MJ releases shouldn't be limited to only netflix. There are still lots of people out there who like owning a physical copy of what they buy

Last edited:
BetaCam Footage looks great in 1080i resolution, if they can restore it.. for example use some denoise & sharpening/contrast & color editing also.. then it would look pretty sweet on standard def Blu-Ray.. it tops VHS by a very large margin. Would be the same quality as the Very HQ snippets from Yokohama & L.A 1989 in 'The One' Documentary.

I just want any BAD Tour show from 1988 or 1989 or Blu Ray. I don't care what one it is

Haha noooooo it doesn't Zakk.

Looks better than the sh*t Wembley VHS. Just check out the 1974 Queen Concert in 1080i transferred & restored from the original BetaCam Recording.

Everything from Michael's Tours were shot with BetaCams at least (as recorded by Nocturne Productions) and few shows/behind the scenes on film.

^^ Adding to my point above, BetaCam is native DVD resolution (480i/p) whilst Umatic & VHS are 330 and 240, respectively.

It would be pointless on Blu Ray.
It just isn't necessary. DVD is fine for these beta/u-matic tapes. It's not going to look better blown up in 1080i.

It would be pointless on Blu Ray.
It just isn't necessary. DVD is fine for these beta/u-matic tapes. It's not going to look better blown up in 1080i.

Have you actually seen the Queen Rainbow 1974 Beta Cam concert on Blu-Ray? it looks incredible, and they should never use Umatic or VHS again! only the original BetaCam masters.

Have you actually seen the Queen Rainbow 1974 Beta Cam concert on Blu-Ray? it looks incredible, and they should never use Umatic or VHS again! only the original BetaCam masters.

You seriously think this looks 'incredible'?
(For those with a monitor smaller than 1080p, MJJC makes the images smaller to fit in the post. Right clicking and choosing 'Open image in a new tab' (or similar depending on your browser) will let you be able to see it in it's full 1920x1080 size).
UZ365B0.png

XHJP7jM.jpg

rl8XEpL.jpg

6d4hDdt.jpg

Obviously you have to be realistic in regards to the limitations of the video source but regardless, when blown up to 1080p that quality is definitely not 'incredible'. They're not going to use VHS or Umatic again unless it's their only resort as it was when the Wembley DVD came out.

There's also one giant flaw with your argument Zakk. Betacam wasn't invented until 8 years after Queen performed this concert.

Last edited:
You seriously think this looks 'incredible'?
(For those with a monitor smaller than 1080p, MJJC makes the images smaller to fit in the post. Right clicking and choosing 'Open image in a new tab' (or similar depending on your browser) will let you be able to see it in it's full 1920x1080 size).
UZ365B0.png

XHJP7jM.jpg

rl8XEpL.jpg

6d4hDdt.jpg

Obviously you have to be realistic in regards to the limitations of the video source but regardless, when blown up to 1080p that quality is definitely not 'incredible'. They're not going to use VHS or Umatic again unless it's their only resort as it was when the Wembley DVD came out.

There's also one giant flaw with your argument Zakk. Betacam wasn't invented until 8 years after Queen performed this concert.

Well i'm confident that Nocturne filmed Michael's Tours on BetaCams! Richard Lecocq told me this also, so it seems the Queen concert was probably recorded on Umatics then

I really love QUEEN and Freddie is one of the best vocalists of all time IMO.

BUT - how could people not know he was gay? :lol: It's so very obviously! :lol:

Back