George Michael Dies

I was shocked to hear the news, I do not like hearing or facing these realities.

No idea if that's true or not.
It sounds very sensationalist though which leads me to believe it isn't.
And we all know the lengths someone will go too for a 'hot story'.

Edit: However, although I don't automatically believe every negative comment I see about MJ from other celebs from a shady media outlet (because I don't want to think that someone believes the allegations) I personally can't just say "so what" (like the person who commented above me) if someone (Gene Simmons for example) does indeed believe the allegations and has publicly made nasty comments about it.
The comment obviously won't in the least change my opinion of MJ and his music, but it will succeed in changing my own opinion of whoever said the comment.

Edit2: I wish that some of these celebs didn't have to die to get shown love though.
Show them love while you know they can receive it. :/

The two situations aren't comparable whatsoever, though.

If we take the George Michael story as true for a moment, he said he believed MJ was guilty in what was supposed to be a private conversation. The end. Whereas Gene Simmons has publicly ranted, coming out with claims that never even featured in the 2005 trial.

Also, George Michael received love before his death. However, there's always love shown when a celebrity dies. So, I don't really get what you mean by your 'Edit 2' comment.

The two situations aren't comparable whatsoever, though.

If we take the George Michael story as true for a moment, he said he believed MJ was guilty in what was supposed to be a private conversation. The end. Whereas Gene Simmons has publicly ranted, coming out with claims that never even featured in the 2005 trial.

Also, George Michael received love before his death. However, there's always love shown when a celebrity dies. So, I don't really get what you mean by your 'Edit 2' comment.

I don't even believe he said it, but to humor you, even if it came out that it was true that he (or any other celeb) said it in a private convo I still wouldn't be happy about it, but on the bright side I would be happy he (they) didn't say it publicly to add fuel to the media fire.
I don't take people believing the allegations lightly, and if I find out that someone is a believer then my opinion of that person is negative.

Also, a lot of artist/entertainers don't get shown as much love as they should during their lifetimes, especially ones that have faced controversy, and aren't media darlings, you can't change my mind on that.

Last edited:
I don't even believe he said it, but to humor you, even if it came out that it was true that he (or any other celeb) said it in a private convo I still wouldn't be happy about it, but on the bright side I would be happy he (they) didn't say it publicly to add fuel to the media fire.
I don't take people believing the allegations lightly, and if I find out that someone is a believer then my opinion of that person is negative.

Also, IMO a lot of artist/entertainers don't get shown as much love as they should, especially ones that have faced controversy, and aren't media darlings, you can't change my mind on that.

Lol, I'm not looking to change your mind on anything. If you're referring to the media showing love after death, well, they do that... at least for a short period. Although, they started to get their digs in at George almost immediately. I wasn't sure if you were referring to the media or the general public.

Anywho, from Boxing Day.

Ladies & Gentlemen

iTunes:
#1 United Kingdom
#1 Argentina
#1 Austria
#1 Barbados
#1 Belgium
#1 Brazil
#1 Bulgaria
#1 Chile
#1 Colombia
#1 Cyprus
#1 Czech Republic
#1 Denmark
#1 Finland
#1 France
#1 Germany
#1 Greece
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Hungary
#1 Israel
#1 Italy
#1 Latvia
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Malaysia
#1 Malta
#1 Mauritius
#1 Netherlands
#1 New Zealand
#1 Norway
#1 Poland
#1 Portugal
#1 Romania
#1 Singapore
#1 Slovakia
#1 South Africa
#1 Spain
#1 Sweden
#1 Switzerland
#1 The Bahamas
#1 Turkey
#1 United Arab Emirates
#2 Australia
#2 Estonia
#2 India
#2 Indonesia
#2 Ireland
#2 Russia
#2 Taiwan
#3 Slovenia
#3 Ukraine
#4 Philippines
#5 Oman
#6 Thailand
#7 British Virgin Islands
#7 Jordan
#7 Sri Lanka
#9 Belarus
#9 Mexico
#10 Uganda
#12 Lithuania
#14 United States
#14 El Salvador
#23 Mozambique
#38 Lebanon
#39 Panama
#111 Japan

And single...

Careless Whisper

iTunes:
#1 Belgium
#1 Denmark
#1 Finland
#1 France
#1 Israel
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Netherlands
#1 Oman
#1 Peru
#1 Sweden
#1 Taiwan
#1 Turkey
#2 Chile
#2 Hong Kong
#2 Romania
#2 Singapore
#3 Cyprus
#3 Ecuador
#3 El Salvador
#3 Malaysia
#4 Brazil
#4 Greece
#4 Italy
#4 Kenya
#4 Lebanon
#5 Colombia
#5 Poland
#5 Portugal
#6 Norway
#6 Saudi Arabia
#7 Latvia
#7 New Zealand
#7 South Africa
#7 Switzerland
#8 Argentina
#8 Czech Republic
#8 Russia
#9 Spain
#10 United Arab Emirates
#11 Costa Rica
#12 Costa Rica
#12 Hong Kong
#12 Indonesia
#12 Namibia
#13 United Kingdom
#13 India
#15 Taiwan
#18 Israel
#20 Ireland
#21 Fiji
#22 United States
#22 Australia
#22 Germany
#23 Mexico
#25 Taiwan
#26 Hong Kong
#28 Peru
#29 Bahrain
#29 Taiwan
#30 Cayman Islands
#32 Mauritius
#33 Philippines
#33 Slovakia
#35 Bolivia
#38 Thailand
#40 Austria
#40 Colombia
#40 Hong Kong
#41 Turkey
#44 Finland
#44 India
#45 Canada
#45 Israel
#50 Bolivia
#54 Hong Kong
#68 Luxembourg
#69 Finland
#70 Singapore
#74 New Zealand
#79 Italy
#80 United States
#87 Switzerland
#94 France
#94 Russia
#96 Italy
#96 Japan
#107 Australia
#109 France
#109 Turkey
#116 Australia
#117 Belgium
#118 Luxembourg
#119 Switzerland
#120 Taiwan
#122 Taiwan
#125 Portugal
#125 Taiwan
#126 Luxembourg
#133 Brazil
#134 Canada
#135 Brazil
#138 India
#138 Turkey
#150 Japan
#160 Denmark
#175 Norway
#186 Mexico
#195 Belgium

Credit: Wayne.

The excellent music of Wham also inevitably being purchased/streamed in the States:

iTunes Songs:
44. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
63. Last Christmas
82. Everything She Wants
152. Freedom
172. Everything She Wants
173. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
199. Last Christmas

Spotify:
30. Last Christmas - Single Version
123. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

YouTube:
4. Last Christmas

iTunes Albums:
20. Make It Big
97. The Final
123. Music from the Edge of Heaven
163. Fantastic

Credit: Rolling.

I'm surprised I'm Your Man isn't in the Top 200.

Can't wait for 2016 to be over.
I swear people are dropping like flies.
Sending prayers to Madonna, Stevie Wonder, and the rest of the music industry veterans.
Y'all ain't leaving us no time soon!

On another sad and morbid note, it seems like a lot of celebs and people in general have died this year when in reality I'm sure it's probably because people (including myself) are more connected and aware due to social media.
Still though, 2016 ain't letting up.:(
I suggest that everyone who sees this comment pray for or send good vibes to (because not everyone is religious and prays) anyone they care about who so much as has a cold, just to be safe.:)

Last edited:
HIStoric;4179740 said:
If George Michael himself said that in an interview, I'd take it as true. However, given this seems to be a private conversation that is relayed through a random journalist, I have suspicions.

Bad7;4179743 said:
Nobody knows if the above is true, yet it hasn't stopped certain MJ fans making a huge deal out of it on Twitter. :smilerolleyes:

Pink Diamond Princess;4179745 said:
No idea if that's true or not.
It sounds very sensationalist though which leads me to believe it isn't.
And we all know the lengths someone will go too for a 'hot story'.

Given that it is a private conversation without hearing George Michael’s own voice, we cannot be sure about the authenticity of each & every word that George Michael appeared to have uttered. But, even in this case, George Michael’s stance (in that conversation) did not come something of a surprise to me, considering that it was not out of keeping with his general, rather disbelieving attitude towards MJ’s innocence.

Here is another example which comes from the previous year (as compared to that article) & more specifically while he was promoting his ‘Patience’ album in 2004 (the relevant part starts from 4:45). George Michael, for one more time, appears rather skeptical (towards MJ’s innocence) while bringing up also the forgiveness factor:

“… Jesus, you think about it, you think how (clears his throat), you think how much benefit of the doubt people have given Michael Jackson over the years, right? And he is accused of something really terrible but when people really… I mean Michael Jackson is, regardless of whatever else he is or not, he is a genius, a musical genius, and he has given people a lot and when people appreciate someone’s talent to that degree they don’t wanna believe anything bad about them and they are incredibly forgiving of something…” (George Michael)

[video=youtube;sRdbfdeHhTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRdbfdeHhTo[/video]

Why talk about what he thought of Michael in this thread ? There's another George Michael thread where this subject can be discussed.

Indeed. This is a specific thread to mourn a young man who died three days ago. Show some ****ing respect. The whole world doesn't revolve around Michael Jackson

Yeah, let's focus this thread on George's huge talent.

One of my favourite live George performances:

Last edited:
I had the extreme good fortune of seeing George Michael in 1988 with a lifelong friend of mine who loved him madly, deeply. I especially loved it when he performed Play that Funky Music. :yes: We were on the field of that stadium singing along with every song. He has such an amazing voice.

Very true, my apologies. Posts removed.

I can't speak too much about his work as I'm not that familiar with it (minus 3-4 songs on my phone), but I have to admit I found one thing funny. It seems in the past whenever I've heard Queen's Somebody to Love on the radio, it's always been George Michaels performance of it, rather than Queen's studio version!! :p

Also I like Get Funky. The opening of that song demands to be danced to!

Last edited:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks for the thousands who have voiced their sorrow &amp; support at the tragic death of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/georgemichael?src=hash">#georgemichael</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Ridgeley (@ajridgeley) <a href="https://twitter.com/ajridgeley/status/813938002724589569">December 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">broken by the lost of my friend my brother a major part of my life never forgotten I have amazing memories to hold close to my heart RIP&#10084;&#65039;&#65039;</p>&mdash; Pepsi DemacqueC (@PepsiDemacqueC) <a href="https://twitter.com/PepsiDemacqueC/status/813370079454855168">December 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Words can not express how sad we all are, only last week I saw him laughing and happy. My heart is broken to loose someone so special.</p>&mdash; Shirlie Kemp (@Shirliekemp) <a href="https://twitter.com/Shirliekemp/status/813310053897949184">December 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

Why talk about what he thought of Michael in this thread ? There's another George Michael thread where this subject can be discussed.

You should not have been bothered by one or two posts that replied here to what George Michael thought of MJ.

Very true, my apologies. Posts removed.

I cannot see why very few posts that referred here to George Michael & MJ can be regarded as off-topic (or even disrespectful to George Michael or to the people who mourn his loss).

Anyway, I think there was no point in removing your posts about the two of them.

Tributes from Pepsi and Shirley, wow! They were the singers in Wham! when it was a larger group, until 1985 Wham was about 6 people, George Andrew, a guitarist and keyboards and Pepsi and Shirley as backing singers.
Amazed at my local wrekka stow (Prince heads will get the reference) no George Michael or Wham music available at all! I only have Wham the final and the 2nd disc of Ladies and Gentleman along with Patience. My CD's keep getting lost or stolen in the old pre digital (For me pre 2008) days.
2016 is not finished with us yet taking off Carrie Fisher and her mother Debbie Reynolds on consecutive days. There is a sting in the tail of this which has taken too many celebrities.

I cannot see why very few posts that referred here to George Michael & MJ can be regarded as off-topic (or even disrespectful to George Michael or to the people who mourn his loss).

Anyway, I think there was no point in removing your posts about the two of them.

The way I saw it is that there already a normal George Michael topic to discuss what he thought of Michael's allegations. While it's not entirely off-topic here, it is a controversial subject and people in this thread just want to share and discuss what they loved about George Michael without having half the topics discuss Michael's allegations. If it was just normal photos of MJ with GM (like those photos of Carrie Fisher with MJ and his kids in her respective thread) it likely wouldn't be as big a deal.

Given he obviously meant a lot to some people here and there was a better place to discuss a potentially controversial topic, I removed them.

HIStoric;4179980 said:
The way I saw it is that there already a normal George Michael topic to discuss what he thought of Michael's allegations. While it's not entirely off-topic here, it is a controversial subject and people in this thread just want to share and discuss what they loved about George Michael without having half the topics discuss Michael's allegations. If it was just normal photos of MJ with GM (like those photos of Carrie Fisher with MJ and his kids in her respective thread) it likely wouldn't be as big a deal.

Given he obviously meant a lot to some people here and there was a better place to discuss a potentially controversial topic, I removed them.

Again, there was no need to remove your very few, on-topic posts about George Michael & MJ just because a random user popped up out of nowhere to tell us that &#8220;there's another George Michael thread where this subject can be discussed&#8221;.

Note that removing posts so easily can turn discussions into a chaos (imagine discussions in this forum with missing/removed parts). This is exactly the reason why users accounts cannot be deleted in this community because this would entail removing at the same time the deleted users accounts&#8217; posts as well.

Now, as regards George Michael&#8217;s music, I think his &#8216;Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1&#8217; album easily stands out from his entire discography, mainly because of its fine arrangements, very careful production & honest lyrics. But at the same time I believe that some of his greatest songs/tunes are included in his &#8216;Older&#8217; album that came next (such as, the creepily appealing &#8216;Spinning The Wheel&#8217;, the insurmountable &#8216;Jesus To A Child&#8217;, or even the unbelievably cleverly arranged &#8216;Free&#8217; instrumental).

But, despite his music, we should keep in mind that George Michael&#8217;s story has been a really sad story. In spite of the millions he was making, depression & personal struggles/grieves were always a part of his life, hence the very long periods between his few studio album releases, leading also to his very reclusive way of living, & the fact that most of his English fans were not even aware that he resided in London is indicative of that.

By CHRISTOPHER D. SHEA<time class="dateline" datetime="2017-03-07T17:12:47-05:00" itemprop="dateModified" content="2017-03-07T17:12:47-05:00"> March 7, 2017 NY Times
</time>
08Michael-master768.jpg

George Michael in Amsterdam in 2007. He died in December, age 53.

LONDON — George Michael, the English singer-songwriter who became a pop legend in the 1980s and ’90s and who was found dead on Christmas Day, died of a heart condition, according to a coroner’s statement released on Tuesday.

Darren Salter, the senior coroner for Oxfordshire County, said Mr. Michael, 53, died at his home in Goring-on-Thames of natural causes: dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver.

Dilated cardiomyopathy develops when the heart’s ventricles enlarge and weaken, a process that usually starts in the left ventricle. The weakening of the heart’s chambers causes the heart muscle to work harder, and over time that reduces its ability to pump blood.

Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle.

Fat buildup in the liver can be caused by drinking alcohol, but there is also a common nonalcoholic variant that is related to being overweight or obese. Mr. Michael had a history of hard living: In 2007 he was sentenced to community service and barred from driving for two years after he was found asleep behind the wheel of a car while under the influence of drugs. The following year, he was arrested on suspicion of possessing crack cocaine.

Mr. Salter’s statement did not specify the cause of the fat building in the liver.

Because the death was natural, “the investigation is being discontinued and there is no need for an inquest or any further enquiries,” Mr. Salter said in a statement. “No further updates will be provided and the family requests the media and public respect their privacy.”

Mr. Michael, who was born in London to a British mother and a Greek Cypriot father, started the group Wham! with a high school friend, Andrew Ridgeley. The pair became household names with the 1984 single “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.” They split up in 1986, and Mr. Michael began a solo career with his album “Faith,” released in 1987.

His final studio album featuring new songs was “Patience” in 2004.

On Monday, Mr. Michael was celebrated at Paris Fashion Week when the designer Stella McCartney closed her show with a procession of models dancing to his song “Faith” and chanting the words “love” and “faith.”
[video=youtube;HbjYir2fLoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbjYir2fLoE[/video]
Mr. Michael had famously cast five supermodels who had appeared together on the cover of British Vogue — Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford and Tatjana Patitz — in the David Fincher-directed video for his 1990 song “Freedom! ’90.”

Back