Getting to Know You!

Re: Getting to know you!

Good morning all.

I have been a fan of MJ since 1987.
I am French and I had the chance to experience the golden age when he often came to Europe during the History period.

I had the chance to meet him several times briefly (in Paris and Berlin) I also have a picture of Michael and I taken in his van where he gave me an autograph.

I always danced a lot during my youth. I hardly dance anymore now because I am disabled by an autoimmune disease.

I started collecting again for 2 years. What I prefer to collect are the maxis and LPs. I also collect old video games, it's my second passion after music.

Apart from MJ I listen to a lot of music in all styles! Currently my preference is lo-fi hip hop, jazz, oldschool french funk ... I am also interested in Japanese music like CITY POP and groups like X-Japan, Malice Mizer ... And some pop artists like Utada. I listen a lot of French music too. Some metal like Sabaton...

I am passionate about cooking, sculpture, drawing, japan , theme Parks and animals. I use to leave in japan for some times.

My favorite albums are: -History -Off the wall -Triumph -Dangerous -Victory -Goin 'places -Farewell my summer love -Destiny -Bad -The jacksons -Blood -Forever Michael -Music and me -Ben -Got to be there.

My favorite tour is the Dangerous tour, victory tour, Bad tour, History tour, triumph tour, destiny tour.

I also love the 2300 jackson street LP wich is really underestimated!

if you have question you are welcome!

Re: Getting to know you!

Just the thread I am looking for.

Hello everyone.

My name is Brandon and I've been fan of Michael's since I was either 5 or 6 years old.

The years sort of blend but I remember as a kid playing my parents' records before we owned a cd player. I loved the Victory album and I remember playing that LP a lot at the time as well as taking ownership of their thriller and bad cassettes so I'm certain it was around that time. I remember my mom buying me Dangerous on cd when it first came out. It was the first cd I ever owned.

I've been following the forum for a while and I've decided to join and contribute, and celebrate Michael with all of you.

Welcome to ALL of the new members!
It's great to see you sharing something about yourselves.
We hope you like it on MJJC.

Hello,

My name is Sam, I'm from London, I joined this page to meet likeminded MJ fans as I dont know many (at least those who are as passionate as me).

I've been into MJ since I was a little kid, my favourite album is Invincible, a little story, invincible was released when I was only 11 years old and had just moved from primary school not secondary school. This was not just important album to me because it was the first MJ album I purchased myself, but it was this album that kept me happy and in a way helped me deal with the difficult move from primary to secondary school. I didnt adjust very well into secondary, and often came home feeling miserable, so coming home, putting on that CD really helped me in those days. I'm forever thankful to MJ for those memories and I truly feel he helped me during some difficult times. Even to this day, when I feel down, MJ music always cheers me up.

I never had the donor of seeing him live, but was supposed to attend this is it, the biggest what if of my life.
A few years ago, my mother Kindly gave me her most prised possession, a signed MJ picture which she had. I proudly display it in my home framed.

Thank you for reading my stories, please feel free to message me, I hope to use this site to make likeminded friends and talk all things MJ.

peace

Sam

Hello.

I've been an MJ fan since middle School. It's really nice to meet you all. :)
My introduction to him was through the Jackson 5. Michael's music helped me get through some tough times and I listen to him now and then whenever I draw.

Hi, I'm Beck -- I was like a lot of kids who had parents from the 80s, my mom (who was actually more of a Prince fan) had my brother and I listen to Michael Jackson and watch his music videos. As a little kid I was mesmerized by his style and his confidence in himself. I heard that he burned his hair in an accident and I always felt bad for him. When he died I was 5, and I remember seeing it all over the news and I was amazed at how someone so famous could die so suddenly like that. I sort of forgot about Michael for the rest of my childhood, and actually didn't really listen to music at all until a few years ago.

When I was 14 or 15 I had a weird thought of "could Michael Jackson rap" and I read about his song "Can't Let Her Get Away" and it surprised me -- as a person who only ever listened to "Billie Jean"/"Thriller"/"Beat It"/"Bad"/"Earth Song" it sounded so different. I assumed he made it in the 2000s near the end of his life, it was such a different sound. But it was until I was 17 that I pondered that question again and found his songs "Unbreakable" and "Shout" and I immediately became a fan.

Hello! My name is Laura and Im from Spain. Ive been a MJs fan since I was a little girl! a long time ago! Im 46 and I remember dancing Thriller at school and then came Bad..and such amazing performances! I love Michael not only for his music and how he dances but I love him for being such a humble and pure soul..he is still alive in my heart and always be! Im looking for MJ fans to talk about him and contribute to spread what he wanted; just a better world to live all together in peace and harmony..

Forever Michael...

The same as me!

Im from Spain and MJ came on and went away from my life since I was a little girl! but I finally realized that he came into my life when I needed him the most...It seems to me I know him since always! Its amazing!

with love..

Hi everyone,

I am 41 years old and a former fan of MJ. I only became re-interested again lately after watching a random video of MJ that was recommended to me on YouTube. Ever since I have gone down this rabbit hole of MJ history and more in depth of his music and unfortunately his allegations and his death.

I was a huge fan of his during the 80s when the album Bad was peaking in the charts. Man...I used to always try to dance like him in Smooth Criminal. That brings me back to my childhood. Ever since I grew out of it and started getting interested in other things.

Then came June 25, 2009 when he passed away. I am 29 years old and was driving to work when the car next to me had the song "Beat It" blasting at max volume. Wow! Up to that moment, I hadn't heard this song or any MJ song for a long, long time. Then I arrived to work to look at the TV and find out he had passed away. I was sad but it didn't register at that time. Fast forward to now in 2021. I am going through a tough time with my life right now as I have been back stabbed by so called friends. After viewing the recommended MJ video I could see some similarity of me to his own life. He was backstabbed and take advantage of by people who abused his kindness from people of all walks of his life. I connected to him with that experience because I (like Michael) was and still am a kind hearted person.

Right now I feel this void in my heart. His death just hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't think this feeling I've ever felt in my life. I am grieving right now but I am glad I found this community and am looking forward to read about his fans too.

See you at forums everyone!

Hi guys! My name is Jennifer and I've been a fan since 2002. I recently lost touch with my MJ Fandom (I would listen to his songs but that was about it...) but one of my friends told me to watch Loving Neverland and that reignited a fire I had for MJ when he was alive. I used to be a member of MJNO and other message boards when he was alive but when he died that kinda died with me too.

I joined this message board because my friend who told me to watch Loving Neverland didn't answer my thoughts that I had every night after watching a section or two of the documentary...it took me 5 nights to watch it. It's a really great documentary. I learned a lot about MJ that I didn't know in my 18 years of being a fan.

I'm from the USA and I wouldn't mind chatting with MJ Fans who won't leave me hanging like my friend did. :)

Hi i joined last year but I never introduced myself nice place to have for Michael Jackson fans here :) he's made good music

Hello! My (nick)name is Adeline, and I've been a fan of Michael for about a year now. I got into the fandom because I started to love the music of the 1980's. The first MJ music video I watched was Smooth Criminal, which was what really got me into the fandom. After several weeks or so, I had done all the research I needed to fully understand Michael. One of the problems I have is that my older relatives say Michael was "Weird, and that's a fact," which I truly hate. Anyways, during 2021, I decided my dream was to become a Michael Jackson impersonator. The first time I've actually preformed as MJ was at a small talent show, in which I sang Billie Jean and danced. Ever since then, people keep asking me to sing and dance like Michael, so my dream might finally be coming true. Some other facts about me: I love all of Michael's eras, but my personal favorite is the Mature Era (2000 to 2009), my favorite TV Shows are Darkwing Duck and ALF, and I love all of Michael's songs. I'm glad to be here!

Hello all!

I'm Amanda, I'm from Arizona in the U.S. and been a fan of Michael since I can remember! It's been quite a long time being on these forums, I remember MJNO and after that closed I was on the MaxJax forum until it's closure, my username was originally Duckiegrl back in the day hopefully I'll see some familiar folks! 😄 Glad to be here!

Hello my name is paula. I've been a fan of Michael since I was in middle school..I watched moonwalker and that is what did it. I love his music but also him as a person. My favorite song is smooth criminal. As far as social anthems go it would either been man in the mirror or earth song being my favorite.

I love all types of music especially disney music. Disney has been a huge part of my life since I was a child. Im a former Walt Disney world cast member. I also love cooking and baking. That is my talent and I'm pretty good at it. Do I know everything about it no. But I'm still learning. I also love Prince as well. I think he was genius.

Hi! My name is Maria. I'm from Sweden. I have been a huge fan of Michaels since I was a child. I am turning 40 soon and my childhood was spend loving Michael. As a adult I haven't been super active I am sorry to say. Listening to his music and following the big things. Was raising a family. Now the kids are a bit older and I have more time for me. So the last months I have basically spent my free time with Michael. Maybe the reason I am in a horrible period of grief at the moment.

I love evening about Michael. His music is forever but mostly I love him for him. Who he was and what his message was to the world. He inspires me every day to be a better person.

Hi everyone!

New guy here. I've been a casual fan of MJ's music for some time but recently my interest in him has been sparked and I've decided to find out more about him and dive more into his discography. I've been lurking on MJ subreddit for a while but I'm excited to find this active forum of MJ fans.

I can't decide my favorite MJ albums just yet because I think I need to listen to some of them more but currently I'm vibing with Dangerous, HIStory & BOTDF.

Hoping to meet new people and find some interesting stuff on here 😄

Hi all!

Been here for a while (lurking), but i don't recall that i have introduced myself before. I am a fan of his music since around 2008 after i heard the song "Blame it on the boogie" and kept playing it in repeat. As the years went on i've come to learn all of his music and the unreleased stuff and was hunting for the best sounding cd's for every album.
I'm sure i'll have a good time here and hope we will have some fun!

Hi everyone!

I am Linda, from the netherlands, just joined the community.
Im a fan since I was about 10 years old, Im 54 now.....a long time!!! Was at his concerts, front row, I remember like it was yesterday.
He helped me so much in my life, through dark times, he was always there and he will always stay in my heart.
I miss him so so much, it hurts, I even still cry. :cry:
I wish we had a dutch fanclub, to go to meetings, talk, just be together but I can't find anything anymore. Its really too bad.
Hope to have a good time here.
Take care. :)

Hi everyone!

I am Linda, from the netherlands, just joined the community.
Im a fan since I was about 10 years old, Im 54 now.....a long time!!! Was at his concerts, front row, I remember like it was yesterday.
Hello Lin!

I am the same age as Michael and was into J5 back in the day although I didn't buy their records. I'm mostly into noisy rock bands so Tamla, although I loved it, was mostly in the background.

My interest in Michael has ebbed and flowed at different times in my life. For example, I didn't buy any of his records until he died. He has become more and more central to my life as time has gone on and the internet has had quite a lot to do with that, I think. Having access to so much material is fab. I love it. I'm in the UK and I can still remember, back in the day, when the MSM pretty much used the same two dozen photos of Michael over and over. I've seen more new photos (new to me, lol) on the board earlier today than I would see in a whole year before!

I never saw Michael live and would not have wanted to. Big gigs don't interest me at all. But right now I'm having a lovely time immersing myself in BWT 1987 and Triumph and Destiny. Absolutely brilliant!

He helped me so much in my life, through dark times, he was always there and he will always stay in my heart.
I understand this. I think it's amazing the way Michael can do this. He's this fabulous, exciting artist that we love and yet he is also important in our lives in all these other ways, as well. It goes so far beyond just loving him as a creative genius.

I wish we had a dutch fanclub, to go to meetings, talk, just be together but I can't find anything anymore. Its really too bad.
The board here is pretty active so hopefully you'll find stuff to enjoy. :D

Hello Lin!

I am the same age as Michael and was into J5 back in the day although I didn't buy their records. I'm mostly into noisy rock bands so Tamla, although I loved it, was mostly in the background.

My interest in Michael has ebbed and flowed at different times in my life. For example, I didn't buy any of his records until he died. He has become more and more central to my life as time has gone on and the internet has had quite a lot to do with that, I think. Having access to so much material is fab. I love it. I'm in the UK and I can still remember, back in the day, when the MSM pretty much used the same two dozen photos of Michael over and over. I've seen more new photos (new to me, lol) on the board earlier today than I would see in a whole year before!

I never saw Michael live and would not have wanted to. Big gigs don't interest me at all. But right now I'm having a lovely time immersing myself in BWT 1987 and Triumph and Destiny. Absolutely brilliant!

I understand this. I think it's amazing the way Michael can do this. He's this fabulous, exciting artist that we love and yet he is also important in our lives in all these other ways, as well. It goes so far beyond just loving him as a creative genius.

The board here is pretty active so hopefully you'll find stuff to enjoy. :D
Thanks for understanding :) Its like magic, still helping me and being there. In my mind I think, when I think of him or even talk, he is with me, sometimes I say to myself you are crazy...but I guess I need it. :confused::) I love it on the board, great things to see and read !

Hello all!

I'm Amanda, I'm from Arizona in the U.S. and been a fan of Michael since I can remember! It's been quite a long time being on these forums, I remember MJNO and after that closed I was on the MaxJax forum until it's closure, my username was originally Duckiegrl back in the day hopefully I'll see some familiar folks! 😄 Glad to be here!
MJNewsOnline omg Amanda
I didnt know Max jax had closed - was on there for a while ...I mean i signed up there but
I went straight to here after Paul closed MJNO. Gaz took us all in I remember that very well 🙏

so...i'm wendijane I've been here since 2008 , Fan since 1991.
Love, Love, Love, M .
Dancing the Dream is the best book EVER.

He was on my wall.. id kiss a ' The way you make me feel ' poster from BIG music magazine everynight !

...i probably still do ! 🤣 :LOL:

Hello all!

omg, Duckiegrl? Was that cos of NCIS?

Sorry, completely meaningless question but I'd be stoked if that was the reason. :D

MJNewsOnline omg Amanda
I didnt know Max jax had closed - was on there for a while ...I mean i signed up there but
I went straight to here after Paul closed MJNO. Gaz took us all in I remember that very well 🙏

so...i'm wendijane I've been here since 2008 , Fan since 1991.
Love, Love, Love, M .
Dancing the Dream is the best book EVER.

He was on my wall.. id kiss a ' The way you make me feel ' poster from BIG music magazine everynight !

...i probably still do ! 🤣 :LOL:

@wendijane you seem so kind and yet you destroy us every time you post!!! 🥵

I love this thread!! So many of us interact all the time and I'll see posts from cool people but realize I don't know anything about them. I wish EVERYONE would post in here. I want to know everyone. This is always a great struggle in my life lol.

Anyway, I'm a newer fan, early 30s, and in the US. I am a wild animal of a woman for MJ, but I also love his whole entire heart like I love the hearts of the people in my life (maybe even more in some cases haha). I genuinely adore him so much and you will see me all over this forum exploding outwardly in both 'couth and entirely uncouth ways. I only "discovered" MJ in January (this is, of course, in quotes since MJ is too much of a fabric of the world to ever be unknown, but let's just say I knew very, very little about him) and he's transformed quite a lot for me. He's helped to heal a lot within me and he's inspired me so much and continues to every day!

I absolutely love connecting with other fans about all things MJ and otherwise. I am active on here, Reddit, a few FB groups, and wish the estate would hire me on to be a brand ambassador, or fan ambassador, or something along those lines because I don't think I could ever tire of talking about MJ and all the different elements of his artistry, humanitarianism, his beauty, his....other things 😉 . I just love him beyond reason lol.

I can't even imagine how painful this loss is as a long term fan. I probably cry about MJ at least once a week, sometimes more. Not just about his death but about so many things. This intense pain about him seems really common among fans. I am heartbroken repeatedly. I can't even fathom loving him your entire life and going through it. I admire the long term fans so much for what they went through and how much they had Michael's back.

I totally understand this!! I would love an in-person meetup. I wish that was an easy thing to create or find. For now though these online spaces are so meaningful to me. I have never participated in any kind of fandom, let alone a forum dedicated to it. I've never felt this strongly about an artist, if I'm being completely honest. This is all quite new to me and quite lovely :)

I hope you enjoy this forum!! I am so glad you joined 😊

@wendijane you seem so kind and yet you destroy us every time you post!!! 🥵
I am currently trying to crochet myself a nuclear bunker so I can hide from her next lot of postings.

I did try to make one out of papier mache but it didn't quite meet the quality specifications, lol.
staywild -zinnia 😆 i can't help it .. Blame pin!...because it shows me ...you know, continuous Michael !! and i'm ...im just ...the messenger
Sharing is caring lol
i'm being good..i'm not so bad . its all for love !
"I'm a nice person -i took a shower and i washed my hair thoroughly ! " haha
****************************************************************************************
Welcome to everyone on the board it is really is a fun place.

"I'm a nice person -i took a shower and i washed my hair thoroughly ! " haha
This is replayed in my head 10x a day, often at completely inappropriate moments lol

****************************************************************************************
Welcome to everyone on the board it is really is a fun place.

I'm so in love with MJ that even blurry and pixelated I fall to my knees in gratitude of his otherworldly perfection 😂

Back