Getting to Know You!

MJNewsOnline omg Amanda
I didnt know Max jax had closed - was on there for a while ...I mean i signed up there but
I went straight to here after Paul closed MJNO. Gaz took us all in I remember that very well ๐Ÿ™
Such a small world!! Same here as well, yeah it was sad really what happened with MaxJax, it seems that most of the people we knew drifted or moved on...I hope they're doing well. My goodness, I knew I recognized your username though, I swore I saw you around there a few times! :D

omg, Duckiegrl? Was that cos of NCIS?

Sorry, completely meaningless question but I'd be stoked if that was the reason. :D
Hahaha that was part of it yes :ROFLMAO: also that movie Pretty in Pink with Jon Cryer, he played Duckie lol thought it was just a fun username I couldn't figure something creative....silly past youngster me hahaha but yes more so NCIS!

Hahaha that was part of it yes :ROFLMAO: also that movie Pretty in Pink with Jon Cryer, he played Duckie lol thought it was just a fun username I couldn't figure something creative....silly past youngster me hahaha but yes more so NCIS!
Oh, didn't see that film. Not much into movies. But I love that as a user name. Duckiegrl. Might have to call you that sometime.

MM90. A&D. Duckiegrl. Your names are stacking up, lol.

It's true. You move among us but we never quite know where you are. Or exactly *who* you are. ๐Ÿ˜ถโ€๐ŸŒซ๏ธ

batmangif.gif

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OK, you can be Batman. The Dark Knight version?

I'm Spidey. With the black outfit. And on my days off I'm Daredevil. On Bank Holidays I'm The Flash.

I think that covers it, lol.

P.S. If I was going to be Batman I'd be the Adam West version from the 1960's (have you ever seen it?) so, no competition between us. Although when I was a kid I always wanted to be Robin cos he got to punch his fist into his hand and say stuff like, 'Holy ... whatever, Batman!' Which I always thought was cooler than cool.

Anyway, I'm Spidey. :D

OK, you can be Batman. The Dark Knight version?

I'm Spidey. With the black outfit. And on my days off I'm Daredevil. On Bank Holidays I'm The Flash.

I think that covers it, lol.

P.S. If I was going to be Batman I'd be the Adam West version from the 1960's (have you ever seen it?) so, no competition between us. Although when I was a kid I always wanted to be Robin cos he got to punch his fist into his hand and say stuff like, 'Holy ... whatever, Batman!' Which I always thought was cooler than cool.

Anyway, I'm Spidey. :D
Yes, yes I could be lol :D

Oh yes, the Adam West version is such a pip lol I found it so entertaining, my mom grew up with that version!

Oh boy, the aliases are racking up lol :ROFLMAO:

Such a small world!! Same here as well, yeah it was sad really what happened with MaxJax, it seems that most of the people we knew drifted or moved on...I hope they're doing well. My goodness, I knew I recognized your username though, I swore I saw you around there a few times! :D

Tis a small world .Yeah i was everywhere as wendijane, there was a one site i vaguely remember with a.. built in radio.. :unsure: that was kind of its theme at the time , and it was like mj tunes or something , Not sure if that makes sense . There were a ton of sites early - mid 00s ...Maxjax , Positive Michael ? There was so many of us but yeah i don't know where they all went either.
Here too, .there must have been a good 30 plus of us posting here on random threads at one time. Even more on the magical 'Love in the Dark' thread.
I remember Usagi ,and Ape, Fujon , Lorraine, and Exclusive Moonwalker , priaseMichael , pero ,and dearest Sils. to name but a few of our friends.
Welcome all to MJJC

There was so many of us but yeah i don't know where they all went either.
Here too, .there must have been a good 30 plus of us posting here on random threads at one time. Even more on the magical 'Love in the Dark' thread.
I remember Usagi ,and Ape, Fujon , Lorraine, and Exclusive Moonwalker , priaseMichael , pero ,and dearest Sils. to name but a few of our friends.
Welcome all to MJJC

Aside from issues in the fan community I've heard about, I would bet that social media just totally took over the use of forums. People only have so much time. I mean I was quite active on social media prior to discovering MJJC and now I barely touch it lol. I'm very focused on Michael right now (and probably forever lol) and so I want to spend my time in a place where he is loved and appreciated and where I don't ever have to worry about defending his character in the way you so often have to in the world. Plus the more friends I make here the more joyful it is to me to spend time here! But I can imagine for longer time fans maybe it was opposite, like it was good to have places to move to where the focus could be moved away from Michael? Idk. Perhaps it's just the natural evolution of things. I can see forums and things increasing in popularity though with how toxic social media is, in general. Idk.

I realize this was an entirely rhetorical comment and you did not ask for anything of this so thank you for your patience lol

Aside from issues in the fan community I've heard about, I would bet that social media just totally took over the use of forums. People only have so much time. I mean I was quite active on social media prior to discovering MJJC and now I barely touch it lol. I'm very focused on Michael right now (and probably forever lol) and so I want to spend my time in a place where he is loved and appreciated and where I don't ever have to worry about defending his character in the way you so often have to in the world. Plus the more friends I make here the more joyful it is to me to spend time here! But I can imagine for longer time fans maybe it was opposite, like it was good to have places to move to where the focus could be moved away from Michael? Idk. Perhaps it's just the natural evolution of things. I can see forums and things increasing in popularity though with how toxic social media is, in general. Idk.

I realize this was an entirely rhetorical comment and you did not ask for anything of this so thank you for your patience lol
It's a two edged sword to quote Michael
Its painful to revist because of being in all the magic at that time , you know, especially here it was profound. but there's so many new members all the time to meet that it makes sense to ...can't really stay away!
No i appreciate the reply its fine haha
Welcome new People ! Don't be afriad to post and let us get to know you!

It's a two edged sword to quote Michael
Its painful to revist because of being in all the magic at that time , you know, especially here it was profound. but there's so many new members all the time to meet that it makes sense to ...can't really stay away!
No i appreciate the reply its fine haha
Welcome new People ! Don't be afriad to post and let us get to know you!
My goodness doll, I actually still have that letter, I have it in a page protector in a special binder โค๏ธ

My goodness doll, I actually still have that letter, I have it in a page protector in a special binder โค๏ธ
umm, what about this letter? I have seen it somewhere before, what am I missing? Who got it?
Mac me too...Do you remember the rose one?

Hiker ,Do you remember those letters he would write to all of us in here and the MJ estate would upload for us? ...Another one

also a link from "i took one ink pin" people would post /blog their /peoples experiences .

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/threads/my-brush-with-badness.42343/

soooo many good times !

Welcome New Members to M's House.

Hiker ,Do you remember those letters he would write to all of us in here and the MJ estate would upload for us? ...Another one
๐Ÿ˜ฒ How sweet. No I don't remember because I was not here ๐Ÿ˜ญ

๐Ÿ˜ฒ How sweet. No I don't remember because I was not here ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Aw Hiker, It was so interactive here and they said he would frequent the board, that made it really special and magical. No names were exposed and noone confirmed that untill a little after June 25 2009. It always kept you guessing - but it was exciting.
Back in 2007 on here Someone would mention something or suggest something -and the next thing m was like, doing that thing on the next picture we would see of him. Seemed like He was communicating to all of us through the posts , through the internet and in real time - that was the best bit .
Like the curls, the jeans ...jackets, things like that. Michael included us all from the fans who were online every waking moment, to the fans who got to travel and be there , and kind enough to carry messages to M from us. i never experienced anything else like it in terms of unity in the internet.

And she was a lucky girl. Talitha . ๐ŸŒบShe was pictured in alot of the posts here and I believe MJNO because she travelled, She got to be in his circle. It was an extremely enchanting time.

Heathrow Airport, Arrival Birthday Party of Prince Azim 2007

We would witness all of these events in real time.

Welcome to M's House all new member's.

Back in 2007 on here Someone would mention something or suggest something -and the next thing m was like, doing that thing on the next picture we would see of him. Seemed like He was communicating to all of us through the posts , through the internet and in real time - that was the best bit .
I am going to start crying now ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ, why was I so busy studying and making a living, I should have been here, enjoying those moments ๐Ÿ˜ญ

umm, what about this letter? I have seen it somewhere before, what am I missing? Who got it?
While wendijane and I were on the forums back in the day, he made these official letters/notes on there, they would be in the news thread somewhere and we would be all excited, it felt so personal. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Mac me too...Do you remember the rose one?

also a link from "i took one ink pin" people would post /blog their /peoples experiences .

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/threads/my-brush-with-badness.42343/

soooo many good times !

Welcome New Members to M's House.
Oh how could I forget the rose one! That was absolutely sweet! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

While wendijane and I were on the forums back in the day, he made these official letters/notes on there, they would be in the news thread somewhere and we would be all excited, it felt so personal. ๐Ÿฅฐ
Oh wow! I did not know you were on the forum back in the days too! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Oh how could I forget the rose one! That was absolutely sweet! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ
Haha You said it so perfectly. i get blubbery haha i realise i waxed lyrical haha but yeah , when i think back, There was no place id rther be !

Hello! I'm new, as you could probably already tell. Um, nice to meet you all, I guess. ๐Ÿ˜ I decided to join because I needed a place to fangirl over Michael without shame, and I find that difficult to do on social media (or even IRL... you never know what people might think, sadly enough, even though most people do seem to like his music).

I'm a 30 year old woman from The Netherlands and uh, well, let's just say that the story of how I became a fan of Michael is pretty interesting, to say the least. I honestly think I might make a whole separate post about it one day, because it's... quite a bit. But to keep it short, let's just say that while in the past I've always somewhat liked his music, I didn't really become a "fan" until... Maybe a few years ago? I'm really not sure. But the beginnings of it basically started with... well, "you-know-what", and my friend and a several other people who were defending him (I've never seen "you-know-what", and I most likely never will, because let's just say I'm uh, not exactly interested). But it basically made me reconsider my opinion on him quite a bit (which was never entirely negative, for what it's worth). And... well, throughout the last few years I've just started to love him more and more! Not just because of his music and performances, but also the more I read about who he was as a person. Honestly, I see a bit of myself in him (more on that too in The Big Post) and that makes me even more angry at everyone who has mistreated him, even now 13+ years after his death. I'll also forever beat myself up over the fact that I never supported him when he was still alive. Gah!

Other interests I have... Uh, well I just like music in general, but I also like to sing, draw/paint, write... I'm also very into healthy living (which I might also talk a bit more about elsewhere), I like animals, cartoons, fashion, cooking, and many other things that I'm probably forgetting right now. ๐Ÿ˜… But I'm sure I'll talk about it more along the way on here.

Anyway, I think that was it for now. Let's be friends! ๐Ÿ˜

~DangerousGal91

Welcome!!! What a wonderful post. I look forward to reading "the big one" ๐Ÿ˜‚ whenever that comes :)
Hello! I'm new, as you could probably already tell. Um, nice to meet you all, I guess. ๐Ÿ˜ I decided to join because I needed a place to fangirl over Michael without shame, and I find that difficult to do on social media (or even IRL... you never know what people might think, sadly enough, even though most people do seem to like his music).
I have spent 80% of my waking hours since January fangirling over him... you have come to the right place!

Also I totally get this. Everyone likes his music. But there's always the obligatory, "the most talented people are (insert insult)"...

I'm a 30 year old woman from The Netherlands and uh, well, let's just say that the story of how I became a fan of Michael is pretty interesting, to say the least. I honestly think I might make a whole separate post about it one day, because it's... quite a bit. But to keep it short, let's just say that while in the past I've always somewhat liked his music, I didn't really become a "fan" until... Maybe a few years ago? I'm really not sure. But the beginnings of it basically started with... well, "you-know-what", and my friend and a several other people who were defending him (I've never seen "you-know-what", and I most likely never will, because let's just say I'm uh, not exactly interested). But it basically made me reconsider my opinion on him quite a bit (which was never entirely negative, for what it's worth). And... well, throughout the last few years I've just started to love him more and more! Not just because of his music and performances, but also the more I read about who he was as a person. Honestly, I see a bit of myself in him (more on that too in The Big Post) and that makes me even more angry at everyone who has mistreated him, even now 13+ years after his death. I'll also forever beat myself up over the fact that I never supported him when he was still alive. Gah!
I feel very similar! I never felt entirely negative about him. I was mostly neutral to him, though when I was a teenager I thought somewhat negatively of him (mid-2000s). Now it absolutely breaks my heart that I wasn't a fan of him then and wasn't supporting. I will say though, I think it's amazing how the events or 2019 seemed fo have the opposite effect. SO many people became fans of him since then and I think it's because it prompted people to learn about who he was, as you did!

Other interests I have... Uh, well I just like music in general, but I also like to sing, draw/paint, write... I'm also very into healthy living (which I might also talk a bit more about elsewhere), I like animals, cartoons, fashion, cooking, and many other things that I'm probably forgetting right now. ๐Ÿ˜… But I'm sure I'll talk about it more along the way on here.
Love this!! I'm a writer, I love to draw too (there's a thread for doing drawings of Michael actually!). Definitely have some other stuff in common too.

You can find me and (a bunch of the more active ladies on the forum haha) often commiserating in the various photo threads. I'm a wild animal in there, but don't let it scare you lol.

Glad you are here!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome @DangerousGal91. You are at the right place to go all out expressing yourself, no one will judge you here :) I am waiting to hear that full story :)

Welcome!!! What a wonderful post. I look forward to reading "the big one" ๐Ÿ˜‚ whenever that comes :)

I have spent 80% of my waking hours since January fangirling over him... you have come to the right place!

Also I totally get this. Everyone likes his music. But there's always the obligatory, "the most talented people are (insert insult)"...

I feel very similar! I never felt entirely negative about him. I was mostly neutral to him, though when I was a teenager I thought somewhat negatively of him (mid-2000s). Now it absolutely breaks my heart that I wasn't a fan of him then and wasn't supporting. I will say though, I think it's amazing how the events or 2019 seemed fo have the opposite effect. SO many people became fans of him since then and I think it's because it prompted people to learn about who he was, as you did!

Love this!! I'm a writer, I love to draw too (there's a thread for doing drawings of Michael actually!). Definitely have some other stuff in common too.

You can find me and (a bunch of the more active ladies on the forum haha) often commiserating in the various photo threads. I'm a wild animal in there, but don't let it scare you lol.

Glad you are here!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Oh trust me, I had already found, um... "The Thread" before I joined ๐Ÿ˜‚ Believe me, I'm just as terrible LOL but I'll save that for over there, don't wanna be too um, "you know" where it's not appropriate. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜…

I've actually been thinking of making some fan art of Michael, I'm not sure my art style is everyone's thing though but maybe some people will like it. Also fun fact, one of my original characters was inspired a bit by Michael in terms of appearance, hehe. ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks so much to everyone who replied! I hope I'll have fun here, but I probably will because I already do. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I was born April 1, 1992 and live in West Palm Beach, Florida. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome from quite a young age, especially since I learned to read at 2 years old. Reading has long been one of my favorite pastimes, especially nonfiction books.

I am a registered Democrat, and my stances are very much a hybrid of moderate and progressive. My favorite activities include being on the Internet, watching TV/movies, listening to music, reading and writing. I am especially fond of cinema and like to really dig deep into things.

I've been a fan of Michael just about as long as I can remember, and I knew instinctively, through the years, even when I didn't know all the details, that Michael was an amazing artist and a wonderful human being that was unfairly attacked. Through it all, I have always supported and defended him and especially focused on his artistry to show how there was so much more to him than people realize.

I've been working on alternate history project, which is largely separate, but does include and affect Michael's life. I've been trying to show and talk about it and get people interested and tried to add a thread about it on this forum, but the moderators wouldn't accept it. I wish I could show you all, so you could see it, discover it, and possibly join in and help me with it.

Hi all! I'm with you now, part of this big unbelievable family.๐Ÿคฉ
I am 25 years old, I live in Kemerovo, Russia. I will not tell here the whole story of meeting Michael and my emotions, it will take too long.๐Ÿ˜… But it was magical. And the film This is it became the starting point. But in Russia, most people believe in this nonsense that is said about him in the media. For some time I myself believed these people, because I could not even think, I trusted everyone.๐Ÿ˜” Just because I didn't have any information about him.

A little more about me. I work as a photographer. And I love music (I'm inseparable from it from an early age), I love to sing, I love to try new things. I love old movies and cartoons. I have 2 cats. And I never get bored๐Ÿคช
I already like it here, I've been sitting here for some time and just reading. I am open to communication and I apologize if I made a mistake somewhere, my English is far from ideal. :giggle:

@Ana_is_applehead Welcome to the board dear! I'm so glad that you have joined this amazing family here!

Absolutely fun interests, agreed! Awe what kind of cats do you have? I'm such a cat person! :D

You are more than welcome to ask us any questions or anything at all! :giggle:

@Ana_is_applehead Welcome to the board dear! I'm so glad that you have joined this amazing family here!

Absolutely fun interests, agreed! Awe what kind of cats do you have? I'm such a cat person! :D

You are more than welcome to ask us any questions or anything at all! :giggle:
Oh thank you I'm so happy ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ™
And my cats are without any special breed, one is brown with stripes, the other is white with black spots. We both found them thrown out into the street. We saved them from the cold and the dogs and took them home๐Ÿฑ Do you have cats?)

Back