'Glee' to Take on Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' in Super Bowl Episode

Question: did they already show the Thriller Glee in australia? please dont tell me i missed it..........

I didn't like it that much to be honest, hated the techno feel of it, but I hate when Thriller is messed with. Its a classic!

I thought it was a very lazy attempt. I remember their other mash-ups and they were amazing! The Singing in the Rain/Umbrella mash-up comes to mind, I loved it so much I must have watched it a hundred times. But this one was just meh, no music, no choreography, just the zombie faces.

:clapping:

I'm sorry but I have to agree... didn't like it too much to be honest!

I loved it, love the mashup and like that they changed it so they werent trying to imitate Michaels version. In the latest episode they did PYT aswell, and Mike Chang was busting out some MJ moves including the moonwalk.

The kid with the wheelchair did "PYT" and he did a pretty decent job with it too!! I love Glee...It's my new all-time favorite show..and the cast are all fantastic! But, the THRILLER episode left a lot to be desired...I must admit..

Last edited:
Question: did they already show the Thriller Glee in australia? please dont tell me i missed it..........

hah. don't worry fellow aussie. no you didn't miss it. its on the coming monday and P.Y.T should be monday after that

Like jackie said its on next monday night :D

but i didnt know that the pyt version on the monday week after , that is cool

PYT was absolutely amazing -- much better than the over-hyped THRILLER performance. And it was a surprise as well, which made it even more enjoyable...

they were good but their version lacked the soul and emotion that mj put into every song he sang...

james ingram(the writer of pyt) once told a cute story of michael dancing in the studio the whole time as he recorded pyt and how he was sweating and out of breath by the time he was finished and being so humble by asking if he sang it alright

back to glee, it was an ok attempt but like i said it was completely soul less and like mike himself said 'you have to let it simmer'

Loved it, Loved It, Loved it!!! As a Diehard Gleek, and Diehard MJ Fan, They certainly pulled it off perfectly to me, I adore Mchale's version of PYT! Ryan Murphy has already stated that their will be more MJ songs, in the remainder of season 2 of Glee!!

hah. don't worry fellow aussie. no you didn't miss it. its on the coming monday and P.Y.T should be monday after that

yay! i saw the preview today it looks alright, but the moves arent anything like the original but i guess we will have to see :)

I didn't like it that much to be honest, hated the techno feel of it, but I hate when Thriller is messed with. Its a classic!

I thought it was a very lazy attempt. I remember their other mash-ups and they were amazing! The Singing in the Rain/Umbrella mash-up comes to mind, I loved it so much I must have watched it a hundred times. But this one was just meh, no music, no choreography, just the zombie faces.

:clapping:

I'm sorry but I have to agree... didn't like it too much to be honest!

Agreed. I'm glad they finally did MJ, but I wish they hadn't mixed it up.

Haven't seen the one with P.Y.T. yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. Seems it was good out from your comments.

I cant believe they mixed it!!
i dont even watch Glee and i had to sit through the whole episode to see Thriller mixed!! i dont understand why they didnt do a great tribute like the britney or madonna ones..
i guess it was alright, very theatrical but considering they were doing The MJ it could have been done a lot better. I just wanna see the P.Y.T one now...

I like Glee. There versions are rarely as good as the originals and any MJ cover certainly won't be but I love seeing them try! This episode hasn't aired in the UK yet so I guess i'll have to wait and see.

I like glee. This was a really good episode. Not only thriller but much character development as well for karofsky's character. So I'm glad they chose to use this song in an episode that wasn't pointless, like last weeks. I was very disappointed. Hopefully, the stories will pick up.

Glee's already had an all Madonna, Lady Gaga, and Britney Spears episode. They need to have an all Michael episode!!!

Last edited:
The P.Y.T episode aired in Australia tonight and i loved it. They did the song really, really well i liked it better then there Thriller.

The P.Y.T episode aired in Australia tonight and i loved it. They did the song really, really well i liked it better then there Thriller.

The pyt one aired oh man! :banghead:

Luckly i taped it though so i can watch it tomrrow

i saw both on yt and the pyt one was actually good! i think i trust em to make an all mj episode and not completely screw it up

:angry: they butchered Thriller :angry: I won't say more cos what I wanna say isn't so PG :no:

Back