'Glee' to Take on Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' in Super Bowl Episode

I love the Key of Awesome, that is an accurate portrayal of what would happen on glee.

^Agreed. That spoof is hilarious, and looking pretty accurate :/.

I like Glee, but - and I mean no offense when I say this - MJ is a lot harder to pull off than say Madonna (which was a decent episode), Britney, or Lady Gaga (which had to be my least favorite episode that season) IMO. I get what people are saying when they talk about MJ being introduced to more viewers through Glee, but if you think about all the tributes that have been done in the past year and a half, how many of them were good? Like really well done?

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad that MJ has been kept in mind and people want to pay homage. But many of the tributes haven't been done as thoughtfully or artistically or even respectfully as they could've been. That's not necessarily because of carelessness - peoples' hearts are (usually) in the right place, but MJ made it incredibly hard to emulate his vocals and dance moves. And it honestly makes watching some tributes kind of painful... and like :doh:.

All I can say to them is goodluck, do an MJ cover and your automatically setting yourself up for a loss :D

Exactly! I just don't see it working out well.

I'm sure Glee will do its best, though it is a little disappointing to hear that they'll mash-up Thriller. If anything, they should've gone with one of MJ's ballads... I dunno if it would be cheesy (though as a mini-musical each week, that's kind of the goal isn't it?), but I feel something like I Just Can't Stop Loving You would've been a better fit.

I see I am in the minority here when I say that I actually enjoy Glee and look forward to them singing Michael's songs. I am sure they will be respectful and do their best :)

that video is hilarious though :) "Jermaine, you're a jerk" lmao

I really dont know what to say about this lol on one hand its cool they are giving MJ his props....but on the other hand I don't like the show.....eh i'm just going to pretend it never happened ha

I've just watched the latest Glee episode and there was a small Michael reference there! In the final song Sam grabbed his crotch, then spinned and jumped on toes. Cute!

I've just watched the latest Glee episode and there was a small Michael reference there! In the final song Sam grabbed his crotch, then spinned and jumped on toes. Cute!

I saw this too. :D

This week I saw the Madonna episode and thought why don't they do a MJ episode and here I am reading about them doing Thriller :)
I hope they will do a good job with it but we'll have to see about that. I'm not being negative about this until I see what they made of it.

Sooo, I saw a bunch of tweets from people/celebs saying it was amazing and all but...no news here? Or is there another thread?

Anyone has a link to the video for it?

Thanks! :)

Just found out tonight that the glee thiller episode will be showing here in australia next monday! :wild:

Cant wait

I am a huge Glee fan, but I am sad to say I hated their take on Thriller... A huge disappointment.

I am a huge Glee fan, but I am sad to say I hated their take on Thriller... A huge disappointment.

I must agree with you. As much as I love this serie I was like... :wtf: ? For the first time I found the episode boring and what they did to Thriller was far away from what I've expected. Maybe if they hadn't mashed it up I'd like it better.
Anyway, it's good the youth is still listening to the greatest and being inspired by them :)

Last edited:
Does anyone have the video clip of the performance?

FYI -Thanks to the "Glee Factor", 'Thriller' the album is currently #83 on the US Itunes chart.

At first I was not into Glee, but after watching a couple of shows I certainly have gotten hooked..!

As far as the Thriller performance on last nights episode:

Impressive, tastefully done. Mr.Michael Jackson would be proud..!

Peace, Happiness, L.O.V.E

God Bless Always :angel:~~~

:rollingpeace::rollingpeace:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jU4PWGqyDoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not a lot of people have uploaded Thriller/Heads Will Roll yet. I found this for some of you to have a look at for now&#8212;it&#8217;s been flipped so that youtube won&#8217;t take it down, in case you&#8217;re wondering ;)

Also next week-- PYT :D There is autotune but at least they got Kevin McHale to sing it rather than Cory Monteith!
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c1bIYKwtVSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

a lottt of people miss Michael. the superbowl just reminded them of it.

I know I do.. I miss him so much. I was wondering if I was the only one. I think about Mike everyday and everytime I see performers I get so sad. Seeing Usher and Will.i.am perform made me cry almost. Will was working with Mike and Usher looked up to him.

I know I do.. I miss him so much. I was wondering if I was the only one. I think about Mike everyday and everytime I see performers I get so sad. Seeing Usher and Will.i.am perform made me cry almost. Will was working with Mike and Usher looked up to him.

Same here. Although they didn't sing Michael's song I thought the new light on costume technololy came from Michael's TII ideas and it made me cry it was so good.

Here's the YT of the half time show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL1i4j9R7Cc

Last edited:
I didn't like it that much to be honest, hated the techno feel of it, but I hate when Thriller is messed with. Its a classic!

I thought it was a very lazy attempt. I remember their other mash-ups and they were amazing! The Singing in the Rain/Umbrella mash-up comes to mind, I loved it so much I must have watched it a hundred times. But this one was just meh, no music, no choreography, just the zombie faces.

I was surprised by the lack of Thriller moves. They're so famous, I was disapointed not one move was incorporated in it.

I was surprised by the lack of Thriller moves. They're so famous, I was disapointed not one move was incorporated in it.

I don't understand why they didn't use the "Thriller" moves either. They would have made it feel more like Michael I think.

I really like how the movie "13 going on 30" with Jennifer Garner did Thriller better. It was so fun! I hope Michael saw it because I think it would have made him smile. :yes:

I was disappointed too. I have to agree with JMie and say that it was a lazy attempt. Oh well.

Back