Godzilla!!

analogue

Proud Member
Any godzilla fans on here? I'm not talking the american movie, i'm talking about Godzilla from Japan. Sure the special effects may not be top notch (It was a guy in a rubber suit after all) but i've always found the movies fun and entertaining to watch.

Yeah, I think the japanese Godzilla movies are very cool. Like you said the special effects aren't the best, but the feeling is great. With the music and all. Really cool. I can't really name a favorite because I see them to rarely and can't remember all the names anyway. But I really like "Godzilla, Mothra and King Gidorah: Monster All-Out Attack." Or something like that.

I also wanna say that the american movie was an embarrasment to the name Godzilla. Did the people who made that even watch a Godzilla movie? Godzilla breathes fire and he's indestructible. Something that the american verison missed because in that movie Godzilla didn't breath fire and he was taken out by the army

^^^Some of the Godzilla movies was the son or a clone, not the orginal Godzilla.

The original Godzilla kills the American one in one of the newer Japanese films, it makes me happy! lol

I love the Japanese films - I haven't seen the American version.
Once you've seen some guy in a rubber lizard suit knocking over some polystyrene tower blocks, there's no other substitute.

One Christmas a TV channel in UK showed all of them over a week - I was in my element.

The first film we hired when we got our VCR in the 80's was 'Son of Godzilla". Mum wanted her money back cos she thought it was crap.

Son Of Godzilla isn't the best one.

My favorite ones are

Godzilla (The orginal Japanese version)
Ghirah The Three Headed Monster
Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla
Godzilla 1985
Godzilla vs King Ghidora
Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla 2
Godzilla Vs DESTOROYA!!!
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
Godzilla AGAINST MechaGodzilla
Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.
Godzilla: Final Wars

:D Yee Godzilla fans are here ;], as a kid i loved ( I still do :D ) to watch Godzilla ( my favourites were Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, Godzilla (1954), Final Wars, Tokyo SOS and Godzilla vs Destroyer ), i haven't seen some Godzilla movies in a while but now i think it's the time :D. Gr8 thread ;]. Btw. do you happen to know where i can get godzilla poster?

Back