Guest Raps - those that work & those that don't

I really love rap on Black Or White, This Time Around, Unbreakable, and Butterflies remix (I'm a bit biased though cause I'm a fan of Biggie's and Eve's). I don't like the one on Heartbreaker and Monster. It was so out of place IMO.

I really love rap on Black Or White, This Time Around, Unbreakable, and Butterflies remix (I'm a bit biased though cause I'm a fan of Biggie's and Eve's). I don't like the one on Heartbreaker and Monster. It was so out of place IMO.

You may not like the guest rap on Monster, but that guest vocal was AWESOME!!

Run DMC

Run DMC was supposed to work with Mike on the Bad album. They met, but nothing became of it. This demo (Crack) was released on the 2005 remaster of Run DMC's Tougher Than Leather. In the liner notes, it said that it was written on the tape box which contained the demo, that it was for Mike. But the notes also says Run denied it was intended for Mike.
DMC interview

I like most of the raps in MJ's songs but SDMW is the one that just oozes coolness for me. It's so effortless and just flows.

Black Or White, She Drives Me Wild and Jam are my favourites.

Apart from a couple of questionable raps, I'm looking at you Invincible!!, I think MJ chose pretty well with the artists he collaborated with for guest raps on his album.

One of my personal favourites is Wreckx-n-Effect's in She Drives Me Wild :cheeky: the lyrics might be cringe but the flow is perfect

Ice Cube feat. Michael Jackson & Shaquille O'Neal - We Be Ballin' (1998)

Master Mix
Street Mix

Back