HIStory 25 [MERGED]

Re: HIStory 25???

Don't hype yourself up for something that is not going to happen. This will only lead to disappointment. The Estate should be ashamed of how they ''celebrated'' Dangerous 25. Nothing will happen with HIStory, I'm sure of this.

dethorro;4278028 said:
I know that most of us lost our hopes in regards to 25th anniversary releases when the estate didn’t release anything for the anniversary of ‘Dangerous’ back in 2016.

But....MAYBE.....they will do something this year for HIStory.

[.......]

I believe that an anniversary release of this album would come best at this time, after Leaving Neverland. Just like the original album came in 1995 after the first allegations.

I don’t really have high hopes about this but I just thought I’d share my thoughts about what could happen if a release is indeed planned.

What do you guys think?

Hey dethorro, THANK YOU so much for opening up this subject. I was actually going to create a thread about it myself, but you beat me to it. Same as you, I believe that a re-release of the album at this time would be most timely, considering the recent circumstances.

And out of all the ideas suggested thus far, I think ScreenOrigami’s is the absolute bestest.

ScreenOrigami;4278159 said:
What I’d love to see them release is Disk 2 of HIStory as a standalone album with a nice photo booklet and a bonus DVD with all short films including making of and behind the scenes footage. :)

That’s a completely brilliant idea, it really is. I totally resonate with it. If only the Estate would take a cue and listen, it would be great.

Out of all the song titles circulated, I think that either Not Guilty or the Innocent Man, or even better both, if possible (even in rough, demo version) would be very good bonus tracks for a HIStory 25 special edition. Considering that many people aren’t even capable of recognizing Michael’s voice, the recording of those could literally be from any time post-93.

We shouldn’t probably get our hopes up and start to imagine the cover of the album in a nice silvery tint, but it’s an awesome idea nonetheless. Disc 1 would truly be superfluous this time around, but disc 2 revisited with some bonus tracks to keep the theme, new photos and unseen footage from the video shoots, would be great for the fans and it may actually prove to be even profitable.

I bet all those people who doubled Michael's streams in 2019 in answer to the failed muting campaign, the ones who discovered TDCAU in the last few years and the ones in the US who saw the ES video only recently and were surprised to know that Michael was fighting for the well-being of forests and people long before it was fashionable, well all of those compiled, make for a pretty good audience, I would say.

Slightly o/t, I know some people are still upset about Dangerous 25, but I don’t remember any promise from the Estate about that. (Just like there isn't any about H25). It was just wishful (and logical) thinking on the part of fans. What I don’t get though is why on earth people would flood the MJ official twitter account with questions about D25 in 2019? That train had sailed, folks. Let us hope, they’ll do something in 2021, and not just something for sake of doing it, but a truly special anniversary to make up for the half a decade delay.

mj_frenzy;4278065 said:
There is hardly any demand, both from fans and the general public, for a theatrical release (or any other type of official release) of the HIStory Tour, so they are not going to do that.

John Branca mentioned that idea several times in order to get feedback, and the feedback he got was generally not positive about such a theatrical release.

Also, there is already an over saturation of the HIStory Tour with free videos circulating on the Internet, so there is nothing new about that tour that would attract people to come to the movie theatres, to pay and to watch it (so, this means it is an unprofitable release for the Estate).

Note that Michael Jackson (at that time) objected to releasing the Munich HIStory concert because he knew his performance on those two Munich concerts was not up to par, and so the Estate knows that also from an ethical point of view such a release should not be made.

Also, an anniversary release of the ‘HIStory’ album would cost a lot of money for the Estate to manufacture and release it (because it is already a double disc album plus the potential bonus material), so this is not going to happen, either.

John Branca just says publicly some things from time to time (about possible documentaries, theatrical releases, etc) because he mainly wants to get reactions, feedback, suggestions and ideas from fans/people, and not necessarily because he actually plans to proceed with the release of such potential material.

I agree with all of this.

ScreenOrigami;4278159 said:
What I’d love to see them release is Disk 2 of HIStory as a standalone album with a nice photo booklet and a bonus DVD with all short films including making of and behind the scenes footage. :)

This is a really good idea, with loads of potential. :)

Girl;4278200 said:
Out of all the song titles circulated, I think that either Not Guilty or the Innocent Man, or even better both, if possible (even in rough, demo version) would be very good bonus tracks for a HIStory 25 special edition. Considering that many people aren’t even capable of recognizing Michael’s voice, the recording of those could literally be from any time post-93.

I bet all those people who doubled Michael's streams in 2019 in answer to the failed muting campaign, the ones who discovered TDCAU in the last few years and the ones in the US who saw the ES video only recently and were surprised to know that Michael was fighting for the well-being of forests and people long before it was fashionable, well all of those compiled, make for a pretty good audience, I would say.

Totally agree

Girl;4278200 said:
Slightly o/t, I know some people are still upset about Dangerous 25, but I don’t remember any promise from the Estate about that. (Just like there isn't any about H25). It was just wishful (and logical) thinking on the part of fans. What I don’t get though is why on earth people would flood the MJ official twitter account with questions about D25 in 2019?

Exactly.

I am looking forward to Dangerous 30....I hope something great happens then. BUT if it doesn't, I'm not gonna fuss too much over it. Fans always seem to dream something up and try to make it a reality just by talking about it constantly and then they become enraged when their imaginary project doesn't actually materialise.

I think it's unrealistic for fans to expect 25, 30, 35, 40 year milestones to be recognised for each and every one of Michael's albums. There is a limit to the kinds of projects that can be produced and released to commemorate these milestones, ad infinitum and I don't see that kind of thing done with any other artists, deceased or otherwise, so I don't know why fans expect it for MJ.

Girl;4278200 said:
And out of all the ideas suggested thus far, I think ScreenOrigami’s is the absolute bestest.
That’s a completely brilliant idea, it really is. I totally resonate with it. If only the Estate would take a cue and listen, it would be great.

Thank you! :) I really hope they do something decent for the anniversary, and thematically fitting, with all those lies still going on and on.

Girl;4278200 said:
That train had sailed, folks.

Agent M;4278208 said:
I think you meant that ship had sailed.

With all the mystery surrounding time traveling train stations, I wouldn’t be surprised if trains would suddenly start to sail. :fear:

I am looking forward to Dangerous 30....I hope something great happens then. BUT if it doesn't, I'm not gonna fuss too much over it. Fans always seem to dream something up and try to make it a reality just by talking about it constantly and then they become enraged when their imaginary project doesn't actually materialise.

I think it's unrealistic for fans to expect 25, 30, 35, 40 year milestones to be recognised for each and every one of Michael's albums. There is a limit to the kinds of projects that can be produced and released to commemorate these milestones, ad infinitum and I don't see that kind of thing done with any other artists, deceased or otherwise, so I don't know why fans expect it for MJ.

This X100. I find it funny and pathetic when Michael fans continuously criticise the Estate for not releasing Dangerous 25. Like you said, it's unrealistic to expect anniversary editions for every album. Anniversary editions are normally reserved for albums that define an artist in the eyes of the public. Album that is the artist's biggest and best selling album. For Michael that would be Thriller, for which we did get a 25th anniversary edition. The Estate did also give us Bad 25, which they didn't have to, as Bad was no Thriller.

Some of these MJ fans need to let go of this entitled attitude that they deserved a Dangerous 25. It's really annoying.

This X100. I find it funny and pathetic when Michael fans continuously criticise the Estate for not releasing Dangerous 25. Like you said, it's unrealistic to expect anniversary editions for every album. Anniversary editions are normally reserved for albums that define an artist in the eyes of the public. Album that is the artist's biggest and best selling album. For Michael that would be Thriller, for which we did get a 25th anniversary edition. The Estate did also give us Bad 25, which they didn't have to, as Bad was no Thriller.

Some of these MJ fans need to let go of this entitled attitude that they deserved a Dangerous 25. It's really annoying.

The Estate should listen and satisfy the MJ fanbase before than the whole audience, which means less money for them but a huge success in terms of respect gained from the fanbase. Dangerous and HIStory aren't popular like Thriller for most of the people, but they're probably the two most personal albums of Michael Jackson, he really put all his efforts and thoughts on them especially on HIStory. This is why we'd like to see a release for the milestones of these two albums.

Have to disagree here. Bad 25 deserved to be released. Just because it wasnt "Thriller" doesnt mean it should be overlooked. Dangerous should have also got an anniversary release imo. Mj didnt release that many albums compared to other artists. Quality > Quantity. Since he isnt here to give us new material I dont see any reason to not celebrate anniversary releases.

Meanwhile Prince has a Purple Rain & 1999 anniversary edition and will get anniversary editions for Sign O The Times and the eponymous "Prince" album. I don't agree with your reasoning here. I think it is even more important to celebrate the lesser known albums so that people who overlooked them might get another chance to appreciate them, even fans. There is nothing entitled about wanting to have an anniversary edition of an artists albums, this is a normal occurrence in music.

Meanwhile Prince has a Purple Rain & 1999 anniversary edition and will get anniversary editions for Sign O The Times and the eponymous "Prince" album. I don't agree with your reasoning here. I think it is even more important to celebrate the lesser known albums so that people who overlooked them might get another chance to appreciate them, even fans. There is nothing entitled about wanting to have an anniversary edition of an artists albums, this is a normal occurrence in music.

Right? I agree with you Themidwestcowboy!

The Beatles also got three 50th anniversary releases in the span of 3 years for 'Sgt. Pepper's', 'The White Album' and 'Abbey Road'.
And they may even get one for 'Let It Be' this year.

One could argue that these three albums are their most iconic ones but 'Dangerous' has sold more than any of them.
Dangerous has sold 29.55 million copies worldwide according to chart masters while 'Abbey Road', which is their best selling studio album has sold ''only'' 26.5 million copies worldwide.

In my opinion it isn't really about having an entitled attitude. It's just that fans look at other fanbases and expect to get the same things as they get (anniversary releases, concerts on Blu-Ray, music videos in 4K, e.t.c...)

I don't think Dangerous or HIStory have enough popularity with casual fans to justify making anniversary editions now. Anniversary editions means physical media, not just digital, so the expense has to be justified with mainstream appeal and relevance. The Beatles' 50th anniversary edition albums have both of those things. So do Thriller and Bad. But I don't think Dangerous or HIStory do. Unfortunately, money is always the bottom line with special re-releases. Fan favourites often won't make the cut, no matter how good they are.

In my opinion it isn't really about having an entitled attitude. It's just that fans look at other fanbases and expect to get the same things as they get (anniversary releases, concerts on Blu-Ray, music videos in 4K, e.t.c...)

I agree. Michael fanbase is different. we shouldn't expect getting the samething like other fanbases get. but some fans don't get that. they think Michael is suppose get everything another fanbase gets.

I agree with you. dangerous 25 has been on passed. maybe we will get something for the 30th.

it's unrealistic to expect anniversary editions for every album. Anniversary editions are normally reserved for albums that define an artist in the eyes of the public. Album that is the artist's biggest and best selling album. For Michael that would be Thriller, for which we did get a 25th anniversary edition. The Estate did also give us Bad 25

Exactly.

The Estate should listen and satisfy the MJ fanbase before than the whole audience, which means less money for them but a huge success in terms of respect gained from the fanbase. Dangerous and HIStory aren't popular like Thriller for most of the people, but they're probably the two most personal albums of Michael Jackson,

I agree.

Exactly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">summoning circle, hope this works<br> <br> &#55357;&#56687;<br> &#55357;&#56687; &#55357;&#56687;<br> &#55357;&#56687; &#55357;&#56687;<br> HIStory25 <br>&#55357;&#56687; NO remix &#55357;&#56687;<br> NO fake Michael<br> &#55357;&#56687; &#55357;&#56687;<br> &#55357;&#56687; &#55357;&#56687;<br> &#55357;&#56687;</p>&mdash; tina mv (@tiselmv8) <a href="https://twitter.com/tiselmv8/status/1219832657250529282?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can someone please have another go at trying to explain to NatureCriminal7896 how to easily use this forum in a less annoying way?

Jebus.... another FIVE consecutive posts, 3 of them the equivalent of a click on "Thanks", each followed by an oversize signature image.

My scrolling-finger hurts.....
thumb.gif

And yes, I'd love to see something to celebrate HIStory, the album that generated Michaels FIRST ever No.1 hits in some European countries. It was my most active era as a fan regarding collecting, concert travelling and international fan networking. But since nothing happened for Dangerous... and now we live in post-LN times... I'll waste no hope on this.

Last edited:

Can someone please have another go at trying to explain to NatureCriminal7896 how to easily use this forum in a less annoying way?

Jebus.... another FIVE consecutive posts, 3 of them the equivalent of a click on "Thanks", each followed by an oversize signature image.

My scrolling-finger hurts.....
thumb.gif

And yes, I'd love to see something to celebrate HIStory, the album that generated Michaels FIRST ever No.1 hits in some European countries. It was my most active era as a fan regarding collecting, concert travelling and international fan networking. But since nothing happened for Dangerous... and now we live in post-LN times... I'll waste no hope on this.

Uh.... I wasn't trying to be annoying. sorry if they annoyed you. i'm not making anyone to read my comments I just like to talk a lot and sometimes randomly I think of something else. I try my best to say everything I need to say. but also have to say other things too. I really don't like you tone of your post. you could of just be nice and just reply to me. you have to talk me a very kind way because I will think you bullying me or just being mean. if you wanna talk just PM me.

have a good day.

Uh.... I wasn't trying to be annoying. sorry if they annoyed you. i'm not making anyone to read my comments I just like to talk a lot and sometimes randomly I think of something else. I try my best to say everything I need to say. but also have to say other things too. I really don't like you tone of your post. you could of just be nice and just reply to me. you have to talk me a very kind way because I will think you bullying me or just being mean. if you wanna talk just PM me.

have a good day.

I tried that. Some months ago I wrote a PM to you in which I very politely explained to you the problem and easy solution of this excessive consecutive posting (making many separate reply-posts after another in the same topic) because I simply wanted to help you before more people get annoyed. Did you read that message?

Since then I've seen several other members including moderators telling you the same about this consecutive posting.

The problem is not that you write a lot. That's completely fine. It's the technical way, doing it via many separate reply posts after another, which makes your replies and the big signature image appear all over the place in some topics, when you instead could have put the same text all in just one reply post.

If people try to help you out and explain things, please try to understand it and don't just take it as a personal attack. That's not what is it. We're all MJ fam here, we don't bully.

If you need any help just reply to my PM or write a new one. Seriously. :)

Last edited:

This thread is becoming more then it should be. for now on just PM if you have any issues with me because I don't wanna make a whole thread that don't have to do with the topic. please understand I have trouble understand somethings. it's just who i'm am. it's not my fault I react differently. we all do. so for now on just PM me okay? talk to me kindly because I will think you being mean to me or bullying. it's just something I have. if I could change it I probably would but I can't and it just long life thing. said this before this site is confusing for me and trying my best to follow things. yes I can forget because we all forget to do somethings. sorry for mistakes and accidents. I can't help it. and i'm being very seriously about it. :cry:

it's very confusing and it's hard. i'm crying and super frustrated. anyway, i'm making this thread off topic. so when it comes to me just pm for the better okay?

please don't reply to this. just pm for now and anything.

and i just wanna say this again. I have trouble understanding things. it's life long thing and it just who i'm. I need guideness and support like I do in real life. why would I lie about something I had for my whole life.

I don't want anyone to take this bad anything. but i'm just saying what wrong with me and why I always do things differently.

but i'm gonna stop now. please just help me okay. :cry:

Last edited:

Well I hope we get some kind of official release eventually. Since the estate has to deal with the courts I dont see this happening any time soon sadly. Dangerous and History deserve anniversary editions/docs imo.

Hope so. that would be really cool & yes it's still relative af . Tabloid junkie if ...some one got his hands on that , wow ...yeah - It would be brilliant.
..... and i think it would pack more than a punch and smack the internet up :bomb:

Also I think, as much as i was disappointed that there wasn't a dangerous 25 - maybe they held back on doing dangerous 25 because it might have been slightly dated ,or if not -maybe it was too soon ? maybe they are waiting for dangerous 30 /45 ... and for us /you to be more hungry/appreciative of it?
Music does come around and people do wait .

I wish tabloid junkie was released

Back