HIStory Tour Discussion - Should it be released? [Merged]

Should HIStory Tour be offically released?

• Yes, in cinema

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Yes, in DVD

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • Yes, in DVD and cinema

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
I'd like to see the introduction video in 3D. That would be really cool. A 'Best of' each tour would be welcome featuring things like Michael not using the Toaster in Paris 1992, Red jacket BOTDF in Bremen etc.

Sadly i don't think this can be happened, they want release Munich 97 in 3D for History 25, but i don't know what can be happened for Dangerous 30th

I don't think HIStory tour should be released. It doesn't give a good impression of Michael as a live performer. No one is stupid enough to believe that an almost 40 year old Michael sounded exactly like mid 20s Michael when he did Beat It. Even the songs that he did live such as WBSS sounded terrible. I don't even understand why Michael kept performing songs such as WBSS and Beat It at HIStory tour. WBSS should have been replaced by Jam. Beat It should have been replaced by Give In To Me as the rock song of the concert. Even though both Jam & Give In To Me would have been lip synced, at least it would have been less obvious that he wasn't singing them live. Michael certainly didn't fool nobody with the excessive use of playback.

History tour should just stay in the unreleased/leak category...
Other tours deserve a release before History.

Mentioning of how bad it is to put michael lip syncing on the big screen with history.. lets remember most people that eud actually go see it are people that are already aware that was the case...

Its really not as big of a deal as some make it... especially in a day and age when its more or less seen often.

If they can somehow get the live vocals that were recorded while the audience were hearing playback, and dub it over the top of the performance. Then yes, but that’s very unlikely and I’m not sure if the vocals would be good enough.

Mentioning of how bad it is to put michael lip syncing on the big screen with history.. lets remember most people that eud actually go see it are people that are already aware that was the case...

Its really not as big of a deal as some make it... especially in a day and age when its more or less seen often.
Exactly. Too many people make a big deal out of it, when it's really not

Just in curiosity, were Michael's live vocals recorded under the playback?

It's a shame that the History shows have so much playback because it was his best tour.
His skills as a performer peaked at History. His dancing was fluid and moves were incredibly precise.

If I had the opportunity to watch anything on the big screen of Michael I'd go... Even if it is something already released! Pay $5-$15 bucks to watch Moonwalker? Sure! Dangerous tour? Sure! HIStory? Sure! lol.. The only big screen MJ thing I've ever seen was This Is It!!! I went a few times.. The only movie I saw more than once in the theater

The estate are apparently planning on releasing Munich 97 in 3D...
If they do in fact do this it's just a massive waste of resources for something that you can watch right now for free...
I can live with a small DVD release (if it's that important for fans to buy the exact same concert that we've all seen) I won't be buying it.
Cinema release ? lol Please, don't.
The only things I want to see in cinema are the following:
Thriller
Ghosts
Bad Tour in HD
Victory Tour
rehearsals etc
If they do in fact have unused, healthy, live vocals for that tour then that would be somewhat of a game changer.

Just because lip-synching is now a norm doesn't mean anything.

Keep in mind this isn't Britney Spears or Justin Bieber -- this is Michael Jackson, the man often called the greatest performer of all time. To put out a tour where he barely sings anything live is simply insulting to that legacy.

Almost definitely not. Even if they were, they won't be in any state to release.

It's a shame that the History shows have so much playback because it was his best tour.
His skills as a performer peaked at History. His dancing was fluid and moves were incredibly precise.
And its a much better show

I think it's a shame that people,fans, relegate Michael to just a dancer. Even when people talk about michael they always emphasise Entertainer and dancer but they never highlight how great of a vocalist he was. That's why we need to see him in concert singing and dancing. Triumph tour, destiny tour, victory tour & Bad tour should be released.

I think it's a shame that people,fans, relegate Michael to just a dancer. Even when people talk about michael they always emphasise Entertainer and dancer but they never highlight how great of a vocalist he was. That's why we need to see him in concert singing and dancing. Triumph tour, destiny tour, victory tour & Bad tour should be released.
The fact that the HIStory tour is playback doesn't take anything away from him as a vocalist. His vocals are always amazing, no matter if live or playback, because on the albums his vocals are also amazing? :unsure:
I would assume that most people on this planet have heard his music/voice at one point in their life, and lets say that someone who doesn't think he's a great vocalist watches a Bad tour concert for example. It doesn't change their mind just because he sings live, if they don't already think he's a great vocalist
So what if people (non fans) comment on the playback thing, saying for example that all he did was playback? it's not gonna get to me because I know the truth, and they're the ignorant ones. And if it gets to you, then it's your duty to educate those people :mat:
He's been proving to the world what a great vocalist he is since the age of 5, and I think most people would agree that he is a great vocalist. I mean, it's one of the things he's known for. A HIStory tour concert release is not gonna ruin that :unsure:

And I always refer to him as an entertainer. To me, the word "entertainer" includes everything that he did that's entertaining...I never forget or leave out anything
:imbad

Last edited:
Re: Should HIStory Tour be released to cinemas?

How can anyone watch something like this and not cringe?

This is embarrassing
The live vocals are anything but cringe in my opnion.
He sounded so amazing,better than the album version (during the short live vocals part,at the end)
It makes me cry that he lip synched the song,but at the end of it he like reminded us that ''my voice is here and amazing,but i lip synched anyway,,...
You're mean Michael 0-0

Re: Should HIStory Tour be released to cinemas?

It's very selfish to request anything, there's actually a chance that the HIStory World Tour will be the next concert release. And the simple fact is because it's never been released before, yes it doesn't have live vocals. But that doesn't mean we're ignoring his vocal ability to big up anything. He crafted the best show possible, he didn't want to let any of his fans down. I'd rather focus on his dancing than hearing him struggle with singing for example Seoul & Munich.. not to mention full out. We've had this argue before, facts have been written. Opinions have crossed path's, it's the same thing just different threads.
his vocals in Copenhagen 1997 are amazing tho

Never in a million years. Michael is regarded as one of the greatest, if not the greatest performer of all time. A big aspect of performing is live vocals. During the History Tour, we hardly got any live vocals and when we did, they didn’t sound all that good for the most part. If History Tour is released, it would give the media another opportunity to bash Michael, so it’s best if that tour is never released.

We should be longing for the release of Destiny or Triumph tours. In my personal opinion, Michael was at his peak as a live singer during the late 70s and early 80s.

The SHOW Aspect of the HIStory Tour ist still to this day not beaten. It was 1996/97 and now we have 2022 and no one has done it better or with more special effects. For me this Tour should be Released only of this Aspect.

Back