HIStory World Tour Dress Rehearsals

black or white was sang live WITH an underlying backing track in munich 92 so to say TII was the first ever live BOW performance is false, it also was only live during the first verse, the bridge was lip synced and then live again after the rap

Doesn't count.

WE WILL SEE THE REHEARSALS. I've been waiting to see the victory tour in hd and a bad tour show from 1988 since I was 10..I'm 25 now and those have been made available along with numerous other rare videos. If they have that 30min mini-documentary about the history tour (including footage, which means it exists) then it's just a matter of time...PATIENCE

WE WILL SEE THE REHEARSALS. I've been waiting to see the victory tour in hd and a bad tour show from 1988 since I was 10..I'm 25 now and those have been made available along with numerous other rare videos.
I hope you are right. Where did you buy the Victory tour? I would love to have that!!

After I wrote this I looked it up and found it on Amazon. But apparently it's a terrible copy and won't play in the US. :(

Last edited:
I hope you are right. Where did you buy the Victory tour? I would love to have that!!

After I wrote this I looked it up and found it on Amazon. But apparently it's a terrible copy and won't play in the US. :(

I think he means Toronto 1984.. it's certainly not HD, plus i'd like another BAD Tour show eventually.. but definitely not from a tape source. I assume rehearsals will come further down the line of releases, maybe just as part of a collectors label

It's weird that no footage has leaked from HIStory rehearsals. - We have a lot from Dangerous, and HIStory is 4 years later, so propably more footage exists - and video was more normal and cheaper - so a lot was propably recorded. Hope it leaks one day.

The Dangerous rehearsal footage is some of the MJ live footage I enjoy the most.

Not sure, but weren't every History Tour tapes sold? It could include rehearsals aswell, so maybe some collector has it ?

I actually think it would be wise for the estate to release a lot of rehearsal footage. - as bonus on concert DVD's and Blu-Rays.

here is why:

Some people say he did not have the energy to perform TII - and their argument is the TII film. MJ does not dance like he did on concerts - he did not even make the moonwalk in BJ - some even claim he could not moonwalk any longer... Stupid.

BUT - if they could see fx Dangerous rehearsals BJ - they would see that in that rehearsal he did NOT make the moonwalk neither!! - And the dancing was very slow compared to the actual show.

We fans know of course that many times he just marked his moves, walked around and watched the dancers, came with instructions (There should be a stair here so I can grap some girls - the piano is too loud etc. etc.)

But those who have just sen Dangerous and BAD concerts and then see TII do not get that MJ of course did not perform a hundred per cent at rehearsals. (or sing a 100%) - why would he?

But to all those who claim MJ had lost it in TII - give them Dangerous and HIStrory concerts with rehearsals as extras so they can see the difference. - That would stop all the nonsens.

Look at the Smooth Criminal rehearsals for the BAD Tour. Most of the time Michael was just walking up and down the stage and mumbling the lyrics. And this was when Michael was in his prime.

Look at the Smooth Criminal rehearsals for the BAD Tour. Most of the time Michael was just walking up and down the stage and mumbling the lyrics. And this was when Michael was in his prime.

Exactly my point. - So those who claim MJ was slow, did not sing well, etc. etc. - if they saw BAD rehearsals and then the actual BAD concert - they would know that's simply how MJ worked. Why use all his energy during rehearsals? - He kept it for the actual shows - would have been the same with This Is It.

Playback can be useful and enhance the performance at some points but I agree. In general playback hurt the HWT

Back