Hollywood Royalty: Carrie Fisher, and ger mother, Debbie Reynolds, pass away

A nice video clip from Nightline covering Debbie and Carrie's funeral at Forest Lawn. Todd carried his sister's ashes-her urn is in the shape of a Prozac pill. I'll miss her wit, for sure. It wouldn't let me copy the video. I found a different vid on YouTube that covered it also.

Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds Laid to Rest Together

by ABC News Videos 1:43 mins
A private memorial was held for friends and family in Hollywood as mother and daughter were buried together.

https://gma.yahoo.com/video/carrie-fisher-debbie-reynolds-laid-071701310.html

Last edited:
Interesting article that I read about Debbie and Elizabeth Taylor. It's long, so I'll just leave the link here.

But I didn't know that Elizabeth invited Debbie to the MSG shows in 2001 and when 9-11 happened, they stayed together in Elizabeth's hotel suite, crying and watching the news.
Kinda blows that story about Michael, Marlon and Elizabeth fleeing in a car out of the water doesn't it? From:http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/...l-rekindled-a-deep-friendship-in-later-years/

The two bonded again later that year under other tragic circumstances. Taylor invited Reynolds to come to New York to see her friend Michael Jackson perform in a concert to celebrate his 30 years in show business.
The following morning was September 11. The two women woke in different hotel rooms in different parts of the city to hear the news of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.
For the next few days, with American airspace closed, the two women holed up in Taylor’s hotel suite, crying together as they followed news reports of the attack on TV.

One more cool story that Debbie told about Michael-she got an answering machine call from him one night because he was watching an old Carole Lombard movie on TV and wanted to know about her. He knew she was somewhat of an expert on old Hollywood stars. But he didn't leave a phone number for her to call back. She tried to track him down, but no one would give her his number.

Guess this is when she and Carrie weren't speaking, since Michael and Carrie were friends for years.

Thanks, I just watched Bright Lights (2016) and I give it a 4.5 out of 5 (y) Carrie sure loved her coca cola :yes: and some scene were tough to watch and were emotional sad but overall it was a wonderful tribute to 2 amazing women and their family.....and Gary the dog RIP Debbie and Carrie :angel:

Re: Carrie Fisher dies

I watched the 20/20 last night and listened to Todd Fisher say they were going to be laid to rest together in Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills-near Liberace and his mother-Liberace was, of course, a great friend of Debbie's. I'm glad they will be there. Here's a picture that Todd tweeted out=I just love this.
Noticed that the 20/20 I watched the other day (also called "Heartbreak in Hollywood") was posted on YouTube so thought I'd share it here-I thought it was really good. Todd was great-(just ignore Elizabeth Vargas).

Noticed that the 20/20 I watched the other day (also called "Heartbreak in Hollywood") was posted on YouTube so thought I'd share it here-I thought it was really good. Todd was great-(just ignore Elizabeth Vargas).

Thanks......been watching a lot of interviews of Carrie on You Tube ? especially the ones featuring Gary The Dog ? I think the way Carrie/Debbie's family have handled things has been very classy.

Last edited:
The public memorial is today, I think...

Public memorial service to honor Fisher and Reynolds

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Stars and fans will gather Saturday for a public memorial to honor late actresses Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher nearly three months after their deaths.

The ceremony honoring the lives of the mother-daughter duo will be held at Forest Lawn-Hollywood Hills, the storied cemetery that is their final resting place. People will be granted attendance at the event on a first-come, first-served basis, and it will be live-streamed on www.debbiereynolds.com beginning at 1 p.m. Pacific.

The ceremony is slated to feature music by James Blunt and "Star Wars" composer John Williams and display Hollywood memorabilia that Reynolds collected throughout her life.

https://apnews.com/7d42dbb379f2407f...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Broke my heart when R2D2 started to cry in front of Carrie's picture, and Todd came back onstage to hug him.

Very sad news indeed :no: I agree with Billie Lourd's statement about her mom......RIP Carrie :angel:

DCyvKV_U0AAf0RO.jpg

Last edited:
Back