“Hollywood Tonight” VIDEO premieres NOW

My friends love the video and also the remix.
Great!

If you watch the video in 1080p the sound is SOOO MUCH better !!!

More bass, more powerfull - GREAT!!

Can someone rip the sound from YT?? - And in 1080p quality? Would be great.
Please PM me, thanks.

Just listened in 1080p - It does sound better. If anyone rips this in 1080p. Pop me a PM too. :)

Just listened in 1080p - It does sound better. If anyone rips this in 1080p. Pop me a PM too. :)

Yeah sound is SOO much better in 1080p

THIS IS WHY WE NEED ALL MJ VIDEOS AS BLU-RAYS!! :lol:

The video started off really well for me. The billie jean blend sounded cool and the instruments kicked in ok too. Then the MJ vocals>very nice. But that's it for the mix. It stopped there. Something should have happened from the first chorus on, because it sounded empty (at least that's how it sounded on my iPhone). IMO it should have gradually switched to the album version, while maintaining the Billie Jean beat.

As for the video, it was not bad, but not great either. 2 things annoyed me specifically: 1) while the girl is pretty and energetic, the MJ moves lack meaning (impersonator-good perhaps but not Mj-good if you get me) and 2) the direction (meaning angles and montage) of the dance at the ending was bad, and I can tell that as I have seen the behind the scenes footage which was far more interesting and let us understand and enjoy the choreography

Overall: it's mediocre but since we are talking about Sony and the Estate here, I am happy to say that I find the video to be decent and not disgraceful (thank God!)

EDIT: Regarding the mix, just seen it on my PC with my big speakers and I stick to the above. EDIT2: Altough the "getting used to it" factor is starting to hit me as I 've been watching again and again for some time

Last edited:
I just watched the video again. I really love this remix. Michael sounds great! Hope they play this version on the radio.

Yeah sound is SOO much better in 1080p

THIS IS WHY WE NEED ALL MJ VIDEOS AS BLU-RAYS!! :lol:

Exactly! :yes: I want them all on Blu-Ray!!!!

All the whinging and complaining in this thread made me a bit apprehensive (though I should be used to the never ending moaning that is going on here) but I worried needlessly because the video is great! Love the Billie Jean beat and the girl did a fantastic job.
I would like to thank everyone who was involved in making this video. Well done, guys. :clapping:

Can I just say that judging from this mix, it actually sounds alot closer to Michaels demo version before Riley started work on it.

I LOVE IT! as a dancer i can so relate to the video! i went through the same thing.

Obviously many fans will complain anyway. But they complain about everything.

I loved it.

If we're talking about Michael, you can't take an ordinary video for his music. This video is not bad but ordinary. No original idea, no latest technology that Michael had always caught.

Do you really think many people -except fans- will remember this video or want to watch it again when it's shared on a facebook wall, even a few months later?

I'm excited about the Behind The Mask video, at least it has an original idea. Worthily Michael.

Last edited:
I love the video! It's different, interesting and sweet.

If anyone does a rip of the high-quality audio, please send me a link via PM!

They destroyed the song with this video! First of, they should have used the original song and not a mixed one with Billie Jean. The woman is a good dancer but where the hell is Michael? They have tons of footage of him and they won't put it in a video. I love the song but I? hate the video. Big time fail!

Dorian;3287407 said:
It's quite simple.I think The Estate thought that they should take in count the opinions of the fans who didn't like the album, so they didn't release the Cascio tracks as singles and went with HT and BTM(fan's favorites).

Also the fans complained that the song was over-edited with too much auto-tune and a `crap` instrumental.Also the spoken bridge.Sorry guys,Teddy did his best to it.

Now they got this.No auto-tune,rough vocals(closer to the demo as they wanted),a `cool` and `mj-ish` instrumental with no spoken verse.

Everyone should be happy!(in theory)

yeah...in theory.

People have been clamouring about the "song the way MJ left it"...Now let's see if they will complain about "rough vocals".

This being MJLand....come to think of it, I remember many criticizing MJ during the Invincible era, so moving right along...

Last edited:
very poor video ... audio version of the song is really bad ... XXXX does not respect Michael legacy ... I`m sad!
I do not understand why they have to combine Hollywood Tonight with Billie Jean ... I'm disappointed... shame, shame!

very poor video ... audio version of the song is really bad ... XXXX does not respect Michael legacy ... I`m sad!
I do not understand why they have to combine Hollywood Tonight with Billie Jean ... I'm disappointed... shame, shame!

This...is...the original version of hollywood tonight

I really like it, I like what Darkchild has done with this and the video is good at least it follows the story of the song and they thought about MJs fan base alot in this I mean look towards the end of the video where they all start dancing together, they came from walks of life and from young to old.
Sorry but i'm going to disagree with some people, I love how they have stripped the song to reveal MJ vocals much clearer instead of autotune and over editing on the album version :)

I dont think its a remix, listen to that old Hollywood demo we had, its almost identical I think this is Michaels original version

did i missed something?
hm... cant remember when there was an upload for this. can u upload and send me PM?
(have to go working now)

Also can anybody hear the Piano at 2:04? Seems someone forgot to turn down all the channels, whoops

Thanks for posting the video. It's a rather gentle story, and doesn't quite capture the dark undercurrents in the song. Thus, it could have used more dramatic contrast. Editing is alright I guess.

did i missed something?
hm... cant remember when there was an upload for this. can u upload and send me PM?
(have to go working now)

I am sure you mentioned it before? It was named "Don't Stop me Now Rare Demo" it was the one recorded from outside MJ's hotel room in the mid 2000's, I will upload it in 2000 Watts if not. The way the vocals sound are similar to this mix, "Westbound, Greyhound" part.

Its very close, well form what we heard of the demo, seems the BJ drums are a new addition unless Michael decided to work with them?

I've lost the audio but didn't the original file have the same baseline?

Back