“Hollywood Tonight” VIDEO premieres NOW

Re: Message to john mcclain

Dear John McClain,

you are not a good producer, please leave Michaels music alone!
You already blatantly messed up 'Behind The Mask' and other songs from the "Michael" album by adding and changing things in a way that screams of deaf ears. Please leave the production jobs to the professionals.

You're not doing Michaels legacy any favour by adding the worlds most famous drum sounds of 'Billie Jean' to a supposedly NEW Michael Jackson Song. It makes 'Hollywood Tonite' sound like a cheap & desperate attempt to rehash a bit of the old Thriller times glory. The highlight song of this album now sounds absolutely ridiculous and i feel sorry for everyone who will hear the song first in this version.

In the name of Michaels legacy - dear John McClain - please leave Michaels music alone!
Thank you.

I Agree !!

Maaann.... and I thought I was the only one who felt this version had lost energy, passion and power :(

anyway, I just wish I could dance half as well as the girl on the video. And she also made me feel quite fat :ermm:

LoL... my comments :rofl:

It's alright, the parts with Michael on the billboards was cool, the rest...alright i guess. I guess they just don't understand that fans actually want something else, ah well..then again...why care what the fans think or what...right? Sigh...

I noticed that it doesn't sound autotuned at all now? And Taryll's voice is gone. And i wonder why they used the Billie Jean drumloop for it.

They have changed it back to like the demo state, it as been said that Michael used the Billie Jean beat for inspiration within Hollywood Tonight :)

I agree with people who say it reminds me of Fame. The girl is really great, the way she dances.... O-MY-GOODNESS!! How I wish I could dance like that. And I like the way it feels as she is thinking of MJ all the time and being inspired by him... not in the stripper part, nor in the drinking part, of course, but well... the song talks about that too, so it is part of it.

I guess as fans who love Michael we just can't help feeling empty. He is not there and yet, he is "kind of" there. It really hit me when the girl caresses/strokes MJ's start :cry: that made me really feel his absense and that was painfully sad.

LOL what did the have done to the beat? omg its way worse then the album version!. so said...

I never really liked HT anyway. Promoting an album with a heavily remastered/over-produced mumbled demo doesn't seem like the right thing to do in my opinion, however I like that they removed that God damn awful auto-tune, spoken bridge and all. I replaced the album version from my iPod with this version. More Michael'ish and not Teddy Rilley'ish...

I like it. that's how I imagine it should be. it fits the lyrics. It reminds me of "Fame" and "Flashdance" (hello older fans :)) ). An the mix isn't that bad. when the video is out in better quality, you can add the album version to it. where is the problem? as long they play the album edit on radio and singles, all fine.

OK. SO
we wanted awesome, non-cheap dancers.check
we didn't want another fan-made tribute.check
we wanted it to follow the storyline of the HT girl. check
we wanted more raw mj vocals without the autotune.check.
we wanted awesome dance routines.check
we wanted some sort of incorporation of mj.check
we didn't want the spoken bridge.check
SO WHAT THE HELL ARE U DISAPPOINTED ABOUT? WHAT DID EVERYONE EXPECT? If u expected mj back, then thats our own faults for wishing..
i'm so over the negativity

You know what the best part about the new mix is? No annoying spoken parts! Thank god they cut that out! It sucks so much energy out of the song

on a more personal note. i always found that HT never was what i wanted it to be. i never kicked me in the guts and made me think wow. the beat was weaker than the stuff u hear on the radio.
i think the billie jean thing adds what was missing. its got kick and its sharper now.
I impressed with everything. well done HT team!
:claps: :claps: :claps:

Re: Message to john mcclain

Dear John McClain,

you are not a good producer, please leave Michaels music alone!
You already blatantly messed up 'Behind The Mask' and other songs from the "Michael" album by adding and changing things in a way that screams of deaf ears. Please leave the production jobs to the professionals.

You're not doing Michaels legacy any favour by adding the worlds most famous drum sounds of 'Billie Jean' to a NEW Michael Jackson Song. It makes 'Hollywood Tonite' sound like a cheap & desperate attempt to rehash a bit of the old Thriller times glory. The highlight song of this album now sounds absolutely ridiculous and i feel sorry for everyone who will hear the song first in this version.

In the name of Michaels legacy - dear John McClain - please leave Michaels music alone!
Thank you.

Behind The Mask is awesome, thank you John McClain for that! I prefer Teddy's mix of Hollywood too but this one is great also. We don't know who did this new mix, and I think it's not John McClain.

People in here are always negative. It's the reason I barely come on this site any more. Everyone complains about everything. It gets so old.

Michael Jackson is dead... nothing will ever be up to par with his standards because he was the genius behind it! People need to realize this. People have this illusion that every new project is going to be produced by Michael himself. Some of you need to snap into reality.

Personally I like the video. There is nothing wrong with it. And the Billie Jean bass-line adds a new flavor to the song.

People in here are always negative. It's the reason I barely come on this site any more. Everyone complains about everything. It gets so old.

Michael Jackson is dead... nothing will ever be up to par with his standards because he was the genius behind it! People need to realize this. People have this illusion that every new project is going to be produced by Michael himself. Some of you need to snap into reality.

Personally I like the video. There is nothing wrong with it. And the Billie Jean bass-line adds a new flavor to the song.

Soley agree!

I really liked the video, but I didn't like the new version of the song that much... The song was good as it was on the album. I wish they hadn't changed it. I did like the part without the speaking though, but I wouldn't mind if it was the other way round, just if they had left the original mix... :(

OK. SO
we wanted awesome, non-cheap dancers.check
we didn't want another fan-made tribute.check
we wanted it to follow the storyline of the HT girl. check
we wanted more raw mj vocals without the autotune.check.
we wanted awesome dance routines.check
we wanted some sort of incorporation of mj.check
we didn't want the spoken bridge.check
SO WHAT THE HELL ARE U DISAPPOINTED ABOUT? WHAT DID EVERYONE EXPECT? If u expected mj back, then thats our own faults for wishing..
i'm so over the negativity

on some way it is good, good no spoken bridge, no more autotune, very good, but the whole line was made too LAME.

May be the people may like it. But the story too isn't exciting enough. But never mind, it's okay to me. But I would like to see the video in my country. Everywhere you can read the video now is available but it isn't. Not in your country ... is to read. Finally I found one link in the net to watch it.

Last edited:
In my opinion they did a good job with the video and the new mix of the song.

omg. i know right? its so sad that the negativity actually makes u feel like not coming here. i think i'm starting to agree...its so sad that we're only destroying it for ourselves. we are the ones suffering from OUR OWN NEGATIVITY

on some way it is good, good no spoken bridge, no more autotune, very good, but the whole line was made too LAME.

May be the people may like it. But the story too isn't exciting enough. But never mind, it's okay to me. But I would like to see the video in my country. Everywhere you can read the video now is available but it isn't. Not in your country ... it to read. Finally I found one link in the net to watch it.

I'm very surprised that VEVO blocked Hollywood Tonight in Germany but not in Croatia.. Many Michael's videos are blocked here but the new ones are not. Michael's videos would have many more views on youtube if they weren't blocked by VEVO in many countries.

omg. i know right? its so sad that the negativity actually makes u feel like not coming here. i think i'm starting to agree...its so sad that we're only destroying it for ourselves. we are the ones suffering from OUR OWN NEGATIVITY

it's sad but true. I barely come to this section of the forum at all because all I see is negative comments. So I prefer to stay away.

The storyline of “Hollywood Tonight” charts the journey of a young woman arriving in Hollywood from small town America as she follows her dream to be a star; though her ambition is to be a dancer, her story represents the struggle for every artist or musician struggling to make it in the world.

Wayne Isham, who directed the video for Michael Jackson’s “You Are Not Alone,” returns to one of the very same locations where he filmed in 1995 with Michael – the Pantages Theatre near the famed corner of Hollywood and Vine that has served as a beacon for those drawn to the dream of stardom. In the new video, the Pantages Theater once again becomes the setting for the clip’s spectacular closing but this time they are outside the theater for a “flash mob” dance scene.

I'm very surprised that VEVO blocked Hollywood Tonight in Germany but not in Croatia.. Many Michael's videos are blocked here but the new ones are not. Michael's videos would have many more views on youtube if they weren't blocked by VEVO in many countries.

that happens VERY often, that Sony blocks MJ Videos in Germany. Is there some reason for it, don't know ... but it is very annoying.

i like it, we have like 2 versions, the billie jean 1 will go down a storm in clubs, cauze ppl will think its billie jean and its not, so they will be suprised

Back