Holographic Michael Jackson Concert (would you go)

Not sure. I might... but I would be scared of how I would react. So real but so fake you know, and when you miss someone as much as you miss MJ it might be hard to handle...

I don't get the "soul" thing or the the idea of this being an attempt of trying to bring MJ back. The "hologram" technology is not anywhere as advanced as your TV. It is not a real hologram. They do not exist yet.
The only advanced thing about it is our editing abilities nowadays.

I am not saying you are wrong in how you feel. Your fully entitled to that and have your reasons and I fully respect that.
I personally don't understand. :scratch: Please help me understand how a projector, projecting on a clear screen is trying to bring Michael back from the dead, but any TV, Theater, movie or performance shown on a white screen or in your TV is not. None of them are actually MJ and non of them have his "soul". They are nothing more then a projected image. Same as the "holograms" that we have today and have had for well over 100 years.

Most of the needed footage of This Is It already exists. You would just be able to see it live and with ALL the cool stage effects and,it would be on tour so people who could not get to the O2 Arena would be able to see the projector image of MJ doing what we already have footage for just with a real background and real band. What if they honored all This Is It tickets. So those who have already paid do not have to repay. That would be a good gesture towards the fans. I bet MJ would think it was auwsome!

I don't get the "soul" thing or the the idea of this being an attempt of trying to bring MJ back. The "hologram" technology is not anywhere as advanced as your TV. It is not a real hologram. They do not exist yet.
The only advanced thing about it is our editing abilities nowadays.

I am not saying you are wrong in how you feel. Your fully entitled to that and have your reasons and I fully respect that.
I personally don't understand. :scratch: Please help me understand how a projector, projecting on a clear screen is trying to bring Michael back from the dead, but any TV, Theater, movie or performance shown on a white screen or in your TV is not. None of them are actually MJ and non of them have his "soul". They are nothing more then a projected image. Same as the "holograms" that we have today and have had for well over 100 years.

Most of the needed footage of This Is It already exists. You would just be able to see it live and with ALL the cool stage effects and,it would be on tour so people who could not get to the O2 Arena would be able to see the projector image of MJ doing what we already have footage for just with a real background and real band. What if they honored all This Is It tickets. So those who have already paid do not have to repay. That would be a good gesture towards the fans. I bet MJ would think it was auwsome!

I totally agree with everything you've said! Personally i'd love to see this myself. I never got the chance to see him live and it was always at the top of my wish list. So something like this would be the closest experience i'm gonna get of being at one of his concerts. Yes, i know it's just a hologram, but i could quite easily lose myself in my imagination and believe it's actually him and forget the illusion. Maybe im too much of a fantasist, but that's just my opinion. :blush:

Something like this would be the closest experience i'm gonna get of being at one of his concerts. Yes, i know it's just a hologram, but i could quite easily lose myself in my imagination and believe it's actually him and forget the illusion. Maybe im too much of a fantasist, but that's just my opinion. :blush:

Same here, reason why I would go.
still I've seen some posts here, about how Michael is gone and that this is "trying" to bring him back or that this "thing" won't have his soul, well whoa of course not!!. NO ONE said it would or that this is to "pretend" Michael is alive, let me tell you we are WELL AWARE that he's gone, please don't even bring that up because it's already something to handle... As far as I'm concerned, it's just a different kind of "treat" for the fans like let's say a CD, DVD etc. Some might not like it (as usual...) and some like me and many others might think it's a cool idea. Of course nothing can replace the magic Michael brought to the stage when he performed LIVE but I see this as an enhanced version of a video or a movie. I don't know why people are offended, if it was to happen someday just don't go, period.

Last edited:
No way. I could never force myself to see a fake Michael on stage. not even a impersonater. just cant. its just way too painful. I never got see Michael in concert and it was one of my biggest dreams in the world to see him in person and that was taken away in a blink of a eye and to see a fake michael in stage just cant do it. im sure michael would have loved it but to me it just doesnt seem right and i dont think its right to take something like this and bring him to life on stage and have ppl pay to see a hologram on stage singing and dancing like the real thing. any fan who is willing or wanting to see this go on ahead and have a great time but im not interested. too painful and way too soon. sorry.

The whole point of a hologram is to pretend the artist is doing a concert, when they physically can't. Tupac's was done to fulfill a performance he couldn't do because he isn't alive anymore. It's the same with MJ, it's only to pretend he's doing a concert because he can't anymore.

Not sure. I might... but I would be scared of how I would react. So real but so fake you know, and when you miss someone as much as you miss MJ it might be hard to handle...

couldn't agree more, although I am VERY curious about how it would look like.
I just can't make up my mind about it, damn.

couldn't agree more, although I am VERY curious about how it would look like.
I just can't make up my mind about it, damn.

I'm not sure! I don't think there's anything wrong with it - it's just another new technology. I can imagine that in the early days of film and TV, there were probably people who would have found that disrespectful or scary too.

But... I'm just not sure if I would enjoy it. I mean... he wouldn't really be there. On the other hand, I never did get a chance to see him live, and I remember when I went to see "This Is It", I enjoyed seeing him on the big screen because it was the closest thing I'd ever get to having that experience.

So... I think my answer is, if the ticket price wasn't too crazy, I would probably give it a chance.

No, i had three tickets for the TII tour. It would just rub salt into the wound. Michael's soul won't be in that hologram thing anyway.

Wow, you had 3 tickets :(

In my case, I'm not sure anymore. I would surely be curious about the event but I don't know how I would react :/

Last edited:
Id be curious to see how it would look, but there would be something missing something that you get from Michael when you see him live that compells you to cry, scream, faint or storm the stage

I'd like it if it was from a rare performance or something, and not cheesy stuff like Samantha Fox & La Toya Jackson performing Thriller with Michael's hologram :bugeyed

Back