Honestly or Endlessly ?

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
Very simple what does everyone think the lyric is in Liberian Girl.
In The booklet it says

With Two Lovers In A Scene
And She Says . . .
"Do You Love Me"
And He Says So Endlessly . . .
"I Love You, Liberian Girl"

Here's my problem with that, first it sounds like MJ says honestly (especially around 2.12), and second it doesn't make much sense, if you were to answer a question, you would be more likely to say your answer honestly rather than endlessly.

I don't always believe the booklets as well, I mean just look at Whatever Happens on Invincible.
"He gives another smile" instead of what it actually is "He gives a nervous smile" which changes the tone of the song drastically.

So what does everyone think ? Honestly or Endlessly ?

I think he says endlessly but I agree that it sounds like honestly. I can hear both. :D

Endlessly, although at the start of the word, I feel he was about to sing "Honestly" so it sounds like Honendlessly or even Hendlessly. Maybe it is a rare mixing error here that got overlooked by Bruce Swedien and an earlier mix exists of Michael singing honestly,

I've sang honestly since I was a child anyway.... Not changin now!

Never read the booklets on those songs but I always heard 'another smile' and 'endlessly' - although for some reason it sounds like it starts with a W, lol.. maybe that's just me :D

Endlessly, although at the start of the word, I feel he was about to sing "Honestly" so it sounds like Honendlessly or even Hendlessly. Maybe it is a rare mixing error here that got overlooked by Bruce Swedien and an earlier mix exists of Michael singing honestly,
lol this made me think of his made-up words

Back