How close was Michael to releasing his next album in 2009 ?

Registered Brad Buxer and/or Michael Durham Prince collaborations. Only unreleased songs + different versions of Don't Be Messin' and Loving You.

11pm (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Adore You (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Bottom Of My Heart (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Boy No (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Butter Funk (Michael Jackson, Michael Durham Prince)
Changes (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Children's Hour (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Days In Gloucestershire (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Don't Be Messin (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Green Hornet Groove (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
I Love You More (Michael Jackson, Eric J. Kirkland, Michael Durham Prince)
I Was The Loser (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Innocent Man (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Jungle (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Just Remember (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
King Tutankhamun (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Light The Way (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Lovin You (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Monster (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Neverland Landing (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Pajamas (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Photographs (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Pray For Peace (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Rocker (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Shut Up And Dance (Michael Jackson, Eric J. Kirkland, Michael Durham Prince)
Thank Heaven (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
That (Instrumental) (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Think Twice (Instrumental) (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
Walk Away (Instrumental) (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
World Of Candy (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)
You Are There (Instrumental) (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince)

How many tracks would you say are considered complete enough to be released from the final 3 years then? surely enough for two 8 track Albums.. wish the estate's archivist would declare something regarding this situation, same as Queen's archivist did.

A lot of complete songs that are worked on during that period of time have the vocals recorded much earlier. As far back as Thriller and Bad days - for example: Don't Be Messin' and Loving You or Invincible days. So if you count those songs too - I would say around 20 songs. If you count only the songs with vocals recorded 2006-2009 I would say around 10 complete song. But those are just my assumptions.

OnirMJ;4061265 said:
A lot of complete songs that are worked on during that period of time have the vocals recorded much earlier. As far back as Thriller and Bad days - for example: Don't Be Messin' and Loving You or Invincible days. So if you count those songs too - I would say around 20 songs. If you count only the songs with vocals recorded 2006-2009 I would say around 10 complete song. But those are just my assumptions.

‘’If You Don’t Get It’
John Legend
Written and recorded in 2006. Possibly with will.i.am''

I don't know how true this is, but i recall reading that someone heard a few of the unreleased tracks and one of those was named ''Untitled''! can't seem to find where i read that anymore though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-on-new-climate-change-song-before-death.html

Michael Jackson 'working on new climate change song before death'

Michael Jackson was working on a song about climate change in the days before his death, his friend Deepak Chopra has disclosed.

''By Matthew Moore 5:30AM BST 27th, June 2009

The spiritualist and author, who knew the singer for 20 years, said that Jackson had recorded a demo of the track and was drafting the lyrics.

The prospect of unfinished Jackson songs gaining posthumous release will provide some succour to his millions of grieving fans. The King of Pop released his last album, Invincible, in 2001. Writing on The Huffington Post, the US news and commentary website, Chopra said that Jackson had called him in an "upbeat, excited mood" on Tuesday.

"The voice message said, 'I've got some really good news to share with you.' He was writing a song about the environment, and he wanted me to help informally with the lyrics, as we had done several times before," he said.

"When I tried to return his call, however, the number was disconnected. (Terminally spooked by his treatment in the press, he changed his phone number often.)''

Michael recorded a demo for this song then, but was still refining the lyrics. I'm very curious in what kinda shape this demo is in.

Last edited:
The demo of the "climate change song" should be interesting, even if it is just the instrumental played in the Deepak interview.

Concerning the question: I think it would have been 2011/2012 until the album came out.
I'm not convinced the singles every few months idea (starting in July 2009?) would have happenend.

Is it possible anything from the ne-yo stuff was recorded (vocals)? Maybe MJ went by himself and tried some stuff with the songs ne-yo sent him?...

Last edited:
MJ's version of Children's Hour should be awesoome!

It sure would be, but that was done during the HIStory sessions.. we're talking about post trial ;) that song referred to could have been 'For The World' which could possibly be about climate change..

Edit: i read it as 'Children's Holiday' i apologise.

Lol deepak chopra is a funny guy

"he wanted me to help informally with the lyrics, as we had done several times before, he said."

Last edited:
Michael recorded a demo for this song then, but was still refining the lyrics. I'm very curious in what kinda shape this demo is in.

No vocals whatsoever--just instrumentation. Chopra played a snippet of it on TV way back in July 2009 and commented that Michael never put down vocals.

How do you mean? Deepak didn't say ''he said.'' :p

No that last citation mark was accidental. What I meant by that post is that chopra always go around telling people that he "informally" helped MJ write lyrics (which by default would make him a songwriter no?) but there is absolutely no credence to his claims at all and I find it rather redundant to believe that MJ, an literate , avid reader of 1000 of books, with the vast vocabulary that he possessed , would need chopaks "informal" help to come up with lyrics.

Last edited:
- with will.i.am on 6 songs + 1 John Legend song
- with RedOne on around 8-10 songs
- with Neff-U on 11 songs
- with Akon on Hold My Hand + 2 more songs
- with Brad Buxer & Michael Durham Prince on at least 32 songs
- with Ne-Yo on around 10 songs - vocals never recorded
- with T-Pain on 1 song - vocals never recorded

This is so unbelievably misleading. Akon clearly stated that any other song he recorded with Michael was incomplete, so much so that they simply couldn't be released. "They're just ideas, concepts and harmonies," he states here.

Additionally, where did the other numbers come from? There is no proof that Michael ever recorded the John Legend submission (which Legend himself has commented on), and no other producer/collaborator has a definitive number of known collaborations with Michael.

Do not listen to the registration list--history has proven that not every song Michael is known to have worked on in his final years had been registered at the time of his death (i.e., APWNN, Chicago).

Thanks for this, Akon said the other song's he worked on with Michael are just harmonies & concepts.. both could be released, either as instrumentals or something similar to 'In The Back'

Doubtful.

Is it possible anything from the ne-yo stuff was recorded (vocals)? Maybe MJ went by himself and tried some stuff with the songs ne-yo sent him?...

I don't think so because he was not completely satisfied with the music. But maybe he did, who knows. Ne-Yo said he didn't. Ne-Yo would send him the tapes and he would tell him what to change and that process was going on for some time. Back and forth over the telephone. I don't think they even met.

No vocals whatsoever--just instrumentation. Chopra played a snippet of it on TV way back in July 2009 and commented that Michael never put down vocals.

Do you have that snippet or video? I haven't seen that.

This is so unbelievably misleading. Akon clearly stated that any other song he recorded with Michael was incomplete, so much so that they simply couldn't be released. "They're just ideas, concepts and harmonies," he states here.

Additionally, where did the other numbers come from? There is no proof that Michael ever recorded the John Legend submission (which Legend himself has commented on), and no other producer/collaborator has a definitive number of known collaborations with Michael.

That is exactly what I said. Here is my quote:

"Absolutely. I was just stating the number of songs. Probably majority of these are extremely unfinished, some don't even have the vocals. But the song is a song."

I counted the songs I posted - that is how I got the numbers. If the song is registred, then it exists. I never talked about state of completion. I know that there might be more songs that are not registered yet - I was counting just registered titles or titles provided by producers.

About John Legend song, again I'll quote myself from another thread:

"For John Legend song, I really don't know what to think, but if MJ didn't record any vocals, it would be cool to hear John Legend's demo for Michael."

John Legend said that he submitted the song to Michael and that he doesn't know if he recorded it or not.

'Silent Spring' is the song i've been wanting to hear most, for a long time.. it was circled on Michael's list! plus, it's from the Neff-U sessions which continues to provide flawless recording's from Michael's mature vocal chords.

'Silent Spring' is the song i've been wanting to hear most, for a long time.. it was circled on Michael's list! plus, it's from the Neff-U sessions which continues to provide flawless recording's from Michael's mature vocal chords.

Do we know if MJ put down vocals for this one? - And if how complete they are?

Do we know if MJ put down vocals for this one? - And if how complete they are?

well, if he circled it then surely he was planning to include it on his upcoming album.. I would think he recorded at least a demo in 2008, not sure about after that though.. although Theron was working with Michael up until his passing, so their could be a few versions/mixes that exist.. same with 'Best Of Joy'

I'd guess all the songs on that list have at least got rough vocals on them, because all the songs we've heard so far off that list have had vocals.

Back