9bkql0.jpg

This is what he meant when he said…

“I’m starting with the man in the mirror
I’m asking him to change his ways…”

“Who am I to be blind
pretending not to see their need?”​

The world can come to an end if you don't step up & help, it will die.​

WATCH THIS FOUR MINUTE CLIP BELOW:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/itvnQ2QB4yc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

.....AND THEN, MAKE THAT CHANGE......
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pEQAie8ABLE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
B0HrrStCYAA5aK2.jpg

"A mark of respect for a fellow human being is silence. Michael Jackson will never get it. There will be no silence for him as his body is laid to rest and hundreds huddle around remembering his warmth.

We have advanced much. With great pride, we continue to innovate new ways of creating commotion. Updates by the millisecond are at hand. Shared experiences are at the peak of their imagined potential. Michael Jackson has previously stopped the traffic in Times Square, but set another new precedent today by slowing down traffic and crashing many websites on the internet. The empirical potential of his absence is no doubt computed by interested experts. By dying, Michael Jackson has given rise to more money-making ventures for those in the business of not being silent. It will not be atypical if he is blamed for any fleecing of the grieved. The internet, the radio, the television and print media will be booming loud with new business. The air is already saturated by carrying the words announcing his death closely followed by reactions, expressions, speculations, opinions and of course the jokes.

I join the clamour now with my clattering keyboard because somewhere in the commotion, I read something which reminded me of a long-gone thought of mine.. “I hope they tell his story right”. He told his story enough but it never was given due attention. MJ’s Creator knows his story and that’s the comfort.

There’s something that surprises me, and something that does not surprise me. What does not surprise me is all the different expert theories on the tragedy of his life. What still surprises me is that this man’s life is seen by so many as a tragedy. That, to me is poignant. The tragic failing of the human spirit in so many of this world - the inability to celebrate the gifted among us. Michael Jackson never disappointed me, but it seems from most reports, that he disappointed many others who, to forgive their own hasty conclusions of his character, shamefully acknowledge his “talent” or rather - acknowledge his 13 minutes of talent - since ‘Thriller’ is the only thing that is ever mentioned from the fifty years of his life.

Been an unfazed fan since the days when rumours about the skin-bleaching and hormone-altered voice ruled the news after the liberalization of the Indian economy. (fan moment)”go down the liss oprah, go down the liss” (/fan moment). Went through the 1993 allegations hooked on the soulful Will You Be There while catching up with the bunny in Speed Demon. Of course I was there HIStory was my triumph and I loved how it started with a Scream to end with a Smile.

I tried fighting the usual suspects through the ‘Vince Era’ and it was clearly not about the music anymore as I could tell sadly, from listening to the album itself. Finally, as a result of the 2003 raid on Neverland and the - as MJ would say - ‘ignorant’ three million dollar bail amount, I produced an untitled 48 minute experimental documentary for my Master’s Project that earned me less credit, respect and understanding than any other piece I have ever created. Months later, I took the opportunity to personally thank his lawyer and give him a copy of ‘The Hindu’, India’s national newspaper with the acquittal news hogging the frontpage.

MJ got me listening to Gandhi, Beatles and Tchaikovsky. I learnt new words like ‘paraphernalia’ and ‘catatonic’ from hearing him talk. I celebrated his irreverant fashion sense and I really admired his way with the English language. He inspired me overnight to stop biting my nails. I learned his accent, ‘Jacksonese’- a severely underrated dialect of American and I discovered a new strength in my falsetto while singing endlessly along with his songs. Of course I can Moonwalk. All MJ represented to me was creativity, simple joy and good values that I was raised with. Yet, I have received both curious acceptance and sharp rejection within different cultures because of my open appreciation for him and his lifework. A fact I find surprising to this day. Its possible I made an early bad judgement in choosing him as a source of inspiration, but I further chose to rather find inspiration in MJ than sweat justifying my decision to the inquisitive.

Before his 2005 trial, I saw MJ as someone who handled pain very well and shared that strength with many others. After his trial, actually since the day of the ‘not guilty’ verdict on all ten counts, I started to see him as someone who could not handle pain very well and needed strength. I never thought this was a tragic fact about him, I mistakenly believed this was part of the general human experience and wished him well in his endeavours to overcome his troubles since, which were definitely many and mostly related to his money. I didn’t realize that common human vulnerability looked like a tragic failing to some.

It is not the death of MJ that is disturbing, its the fact that he candidly shared the rawest emotions in public and yet died leaving an undying curiosity in most who care more for information on his private matters such as the mother of his children, his health, his finances, the shape of his nose, the texture of his hair and let’s not forget, the colour of his skin. There is no one recognized person whose story will be believed. The clamour now will be to claim that spot as the person closest to MJ with the most intimate details to share.

I am sad for the little boy from Gary, Indiana whose dreams about making movies were thwarted. I think about the children MJ leaves behind who will forever live in the shadow of their father’s presence as sadly many children in this world do. I am speechless for all the fans, who still look to MJ for needs ranging from a daily gossip fix to a remote parent to a messiah. I mostly grieve for the people who could never get themselves to see any beauty in his being here with us. How anyone could dismiss the good in Michael Jackson is and always has been a curiosity of mine.

I will not miss MJ, he is not a part of my life in that sense but I will remember him when I see any performance stage. As a student of art, I can continue to learn from a genius who, through shared thoughts or demonstrated action provided enough lessons on, and access to, the most ready and refined appreciation for life and art. I regret that there is no photograph of the First African American President shaking hands with the Permanent President of Showbiz. MJ is deeply revered in the African American community and has shaken hands with many political leaders, including the beloved Madiba, and four American Presidents: Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, George Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton.

MJ is always high-level. If his expressed level of compassion did not hit the mark, distinguished intellectuals could probably attest to this by reducing him to a Mathematical formula - taking into consideration the worth of the staggering statistics related to his various seminal works as artist and philanthropist. There is something to be explored for the sheer recurrence of majority numbers and disproved probabilities in any impact measurement study. This, despite his place in society representing that of one who was marginalized even within a perceived minority group.
Throughout his criminal trial, MJ was never put on the stand, he never had to speak a word in his own defense. I’m thankful to Mr.Mesereau for his efforts towards this. I don’t believe Truth abandoned MJ, not then, nor will it now. Through all the noise around his existence, MJ maintained a dignified silence for the dreaming, record-making, record-shattering force of nature that he IS.

If he was once called a one-man rescue team for showbiz it is no credit to the title-giver, for such is the sustaining power of sincerity in his art and charity. A stage is the worshipped ground of performers all over the world. Now, with the key light gone, no stage anywhere in the world will ever sparkle as much as it could with MJ being around. The corner of darkness will always be present despite advances in technology, the talents of performers and skills of lighting experts in the times to come. And all he needed was one spotlight.

There is no need for clamour around a man’s struggles. Yet there is no end to the ready discourses on the ‘tragic life’ of this man. MJ would have never had his say because what’s to be said can only be understood in silence. Michael Jackson will never have this undisputed moment of silence. Not from this world. Not in this lifetime. This much has been proved so far, only time can tell otherwise and I suspect he knew this very well .. “Lies run sprints. Truth runs marathons” - Michael Jackson.

Being a fan of MJ, I have very low tolerance for cynicism. Yet, my prayers in this world have been for strength not peace - it’s because I always thought MJ’s prayers for peace had already reached the ear of God.

Satyameva Jayathey (Truth alone Triumphs)
A comment in response to an article now archived athttp://sepiamutiny.com/blog/
Pic added

Michael Jackson's Unparalleled Influence

Hampton Stevens Jun 24 2010, 11:37 AM ET

stevens_jun23_mj.jpg

Epic

Michael Jackson was the most influential artist of the 20th century. That might sound shocking to sophisticated ears. Jackson, after all, was only a pop star. What about the century's great writers like Fitzgerald and Faulkner? What about visual artists, like Picasso and Dali, or the masters of cinema from Chaplin to Kubrick? Even among influential musicians, did Michael really matter more than the Beatles? What about Louis Armstrong, who invented jazz, or Frank Sinatra, who reinvented it for white people? Or Elvis Presley, who did the same with blues and gospel, founding rock in the process? Michael Jackson is bigger than Elvis? By a country mile.

First, there is no question that musicians in the 20th century had far more cultural impact than any other sort of artist. There is no such thing, for instance, as a 20th-century painter that is more famous than an entertainer like Sinatra. There are no filmmakers or movie stars that had more cultural sway than The Beatles, and no 20th-century writers who touched more lives than Elvis. Consider that thousands of human beings, from Bangkok to Brazil, make their living by pretending to be Elvis Presley. When was the last time you saw a good impression of Picasso? Even Elvis, though, is overshadowed by Jackson's career.

First, with the possible exception of Prince and Sammy Davis Jr., Michael Jackson simply had more raw talent as a performer than any of his peers. But the King of Pop reigns as the century's signature artist not just because of his exceptional talent, but because he was able to package that talent in a whole new way. In both form and content, Jackson simply did what no one had done before.

Louis Armstrong, for instance, learned music as a live performer and adapted his art for records and radio. Sinatra and Elvis were also basically live acts who made records, ultimately expanding that on-stage persona into other media through sheer force of charisma. The Beatles were a hybrid; a once-great live band made popular by radio and TV, forced by their own fame to become rock's first great studio artists.

Jackson, though, was something else entirely. Something new. Obviously he made great records, usually with the help of Quincy Jones. Jackson's musical influence on subsequent artists is simply unavoidable, from his immediate followers like Madonna and Bobby Brown, to later stars like Usher and Justin Timberlake.

Certainly, Jackson could also electrify a live audience. His true canvas, though, was always the video screen. Above all, he was the first great televisual entertainer. From his Jackson 5 childhood, to his adult crossover on the Motown 25th anniversary special, to the last sad tabloid fodder, Jackson lived and died for on TV. He was born in 1958, part of the first generation of Americans who never knew a world without TV. And Jackson didn't just grow up with TV. He grew up on it. Child stardom, the great blessing and curse of his life, let him to internalize the medium's conventions and see its potential in a way that no earlier performer possibly could.

The result, as typified by the videos for "Thriller," "Billie Jean," and "Beat It," was more than just great art. It was a new art form. Jackson turned the low-budget, promotional clips record companies would make to promote a hit single into high art, a whole new genre that combined every form of 20th century mass media: the music video. It was cinematic, but not a movie. There were elements of live performance, but it was nothing like a concert. A seamless mix of song and dance that wasn't cheesy like Broadway, it was on TV but wildly different from anything people had ever seen on a screen.

The oft-repeated conventional wisdom—that Jackson's videos made MTV and so "changed the music industry" is only half true. It's more like the music industry ballooned to encompass Jackson's talent and shrunk down again without him. Videos didn't matter before Michael, and they ceased to matter at almost the precise cultural moment he stopped producing great work. His last relevant clip, "Black or White," was essentially the genre's swan song. Led by Nirvana and Pearl Jam, the next wave of pop stars hated making videos, seeing the entire format, and the channel they aired on, as tools of corporate rock.
The greatest impact of the music video wasn't on music, but video. That is, on film and television. The generation that grew up watching '80s videos started making movies and TV shows in the '90s, using MTV's once-daring stylistic elements like quick cuts, vérité-style hand-helds, nonlinear narrative and heavy visual effects and turning them into mainstream TV and film movie conventions.

If Jackson had only been a great musician who also invented music video, he still wouldn't have mattered as much. Madonna, his only worthy heir, was almost as gifted at communicating an aesthetic on-screen. The aesthetic Jackson communicated, however, was much more powerful, liberating and globally resonant than hers. It was more powerful than what Elvis and Sinatra communicated, too. Hence, that whole "Most Influential Artist" thing.

American popular music has always been about challenging stereotypes and breaking down barriers. Throughout the century, be it in Jazz, Rock or Hip-Hop, black and white artists mixed styles, implicitly, and often explicitly, advocating racial equality. Popular music has always challenged sex roles, too. Top 40 artists especially, from Little Richard and proto-feminist Leslie Gore, to David Bowie, Madonna and Lady Gaga have pushed social progress by bending and breaking gender rules.

Jackson was clearly a tragic figure, and his well-documented childhood trauma didn't help. But his fatal flaw, and simultaneously the source of his immense power, was a truly revolutionary Romantic vision. Not Romantic in the sappy way greeting card companies and florists use the word, but in its older, Byronic sense of someone who commits their entire life to pursing a creative ideal in defiance of social order and even natural law. Jackson's Romantic ideal, learned as a child at Motown founder Berry Gordy's feet, was an Age of Aquarius-inspired vision using of pop music to build racial, sexual, generational and religious harmony. His twist, though, was a doozy.

He not only made art promoting pop's egalitarian ethos, but literally tried embody it. When that vision became an obsession, a standard showbiz plastic surgery addiction became something infinitely more ambitious—and infinitely darker. Jackson consciously tried to turn himself into an indeterminate mix of human types, into a sort of ageless arch-person, blending black and white, male and female, adult and child. He was, however, not an arch-person. He was just a regular person, albeit a supremely talented one, and time makes dust of every person, no matter how well they sing. Decades of throwing himself against this irrefutable wall of fact ravaged him, body then soul, and eventually destroyed him.

At his creative peak, though, it almost seemed possible. Michael could be absolutely anything he wanted; Diana Ross one day, Peter Pan and the next. Every breathtaking high note, every impossible dance-step and crazy costume projected the same message. There are no more barriers of race, sex, class or age, he told his audience. You, too, can be and do whatever you want. We are limited only by our power to dream. A performer who can make you believe that, to feel it, even for a moment, comes along once in a lifetime. Maybe. If you're lucky.

As years pass and history sanitizes his memory, Jackson's legend will only grow. One day, in addition to being the most influential artist of the 20th century, he may well topple Elvis become the most-impersonated as well. Jackson, after all, only died a year ago. Elvis has been gone since 1977. Another two or three decades and Michael might have the most impersonators from Bangkok and Brazil. Let's just hope that they don't take it too far.

(Source:)
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...hael-jacksons-unparalleled-influence/58616/2/

It’s Children’s Day in India. Here are 6 gifts to make your kid smarter

ap196337701238.jpg

There’s a new online toy store in India, Yellow Giraffe, that describes it best: “Play is a wonderful teacher.”

Indeed, as a mother of two and a self-made expert in play, I believe toys make great gifts for children in myriad ways. Not only do they provide entertainment but they teach physical, cognitive, and social and emotional skills.

Nov. 14 marks Children’s Day in India—celebrated with programs and picnics, greeting cards and gifts exchanged around the country. Quartz surveyed skill-based toys that might make the holiday (and your children’s futures) a little more meaningful. We made sure the toys are available in India via major ecommerce sites such as Flipkart and Amazon. Note: Children need not know your true intentions in gifting them these toys; hopefully, they will be too busy having fun.

1. Rory’s Story Cubes: Expanding point of view; being a flexible thinker

Creative children who think outside of the box will love the challenges posed to them by Rory’s Story Cubes. This game has a different symbol on each face of the nine cubes that come in the box. The images are simple and serve to free players’ minds of any expectations of a “correct answer” as there is no such thing in this game. With each throw of the die, players are asked to create a story based on the images found on the landed cubes. The element of chance and the smooth tactile sensation of these well-made cubes help serve to disarm the anxieties of shier children who typically steer clear of such intimate games. Moreover, having fun becomes an instinctive goal here as this helps everyone to try to see things from another’s perspective to best tell and enjoy the story.

2. Lego Mindstorms EV3: Thinking like a designer; thinking computationally

Imagine a school where the children were only graded by how much effort they invested. Wouldn’t such a school produce very strong learners prepared to take on their unforeseeable future? Of course this idea is so foreign to us because we are usually rewarded only upon giving the right answer—not for the exerting the effort we need when the answers don’t appear to us right away. This is what programming, which uses a person’s computational thinking skills, does for a child. When a person sets out to make anything, she needs to create a prototype which will be then tested, redesigned, and then tested again until it is satisfactory. LEGO Mindstorms EV3 gives children the chance to build and program their very own robot to perform a multitude of functions of their choice. Using LINUX, children can more easily figure out what may have gone wrong with their creations by taking apart their coded blocks. While working with a robot is very motivating, having to continuously tweak your project can be frustrating. However, with the help of LEGO EV3, children will practice managing their frustration and strengthen problem-solving skills which will hopefully be applied to challenges they face in the future.

3. WabaFun Kinetic Sand: Self awareness

I think I have figured out why children love sand play so much. Simply put, a child can learn a great deal when he plays with it because humans are not made of sand. Thus, when we pick it up and it becomes the shape of our grip, we have a partial view of the impact we are making in the space around us. We are also feeling it through pressure and touch. This is one way humans have self-awareness as they define it through their feelings and the impact they make in the world. This discovery process can also help children learn how to cooperate with others and have a good sense of what they like and how they feel. Open-ended sand play gives them unfettered access to this type of exploration. Kinetic Sand is a great choice for this type of play because one of its greatest assets is that it feels and looks like sand but with the added benefit of leaving no residue, needing no water for making shapes, and clean up is a miraculously easy.

4. Q-bitz: Sharpening of visual skills

This game was developed by Mindware, an American company that originally that had its start by publishing puzzling workbooks that made learning a challenge but fun. Neuropsychologists who administer IQ assessments on children will see something familiar in Q-bitz as some of these tests look at how well children can copy designs with blocks. Q-bitz is a game that asks players to copy an image by using cubes that have different images on each side. Players are given an image on the card and then must turn them around and combine them quickly to recreate the image first to win. These skills are critical to a child’s development because they are basically working on visual spatial skills which include shape recognition, position in space, and visual memory. Recognizing shapes in different backgrounds even turned at different angles, can actually hone the other valuable skills needed for activities such as reading words, maps, and memorizing images and numbers.

5. Super Mastermind: Logical reasoning and decision making

Your children may have played with a “science toy” but have they ever played with a “science game”? If there was such a thing then Mastermind would be the ideal representation. This international blockbuster that was invented more than 40 years ago by an Israeli postmaster is actually just a physical version of Bulls and Cows, a pencil and paper code-breaking game. Dr. Gayle Herman, a New York- based child psychologist experienced in neuropsychological assessments, suggested that I test this game because, the game play is all about trying to break a code but you must process clues to figure out the answer. Herman said, “It teaches players to create well-controlled, systematic, experimental designs because changing too many variables at once makes it too confusing to draw conclusions.” Herman added that it was all about teaching children how to make the most of out of “productive mistakes” as failure is only helpful when you learn from them.

6. Paper Quilling: Think like an artist

Paper quilling is the art of coiling thin strips of paper into creative designs. This game has been created by Pegasus Toy-Kraft , a six-year-old Indian toy manufacturer that specialises in art and craft. Children can use paper strips and adhesive to make colourful earrings, bracelets and pendants. While there is a manual to guide children on what they can make, the fun is in allowing them to come up with designs on their own. This product appeals to me because multiple people can work together doing their own project. It also encourages children to plan and execute their own designs while working on precise fine motor skills.

(Source: )
We welcome your comments at ideas@qz.com.

Re: MJJC Legacy Project: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

I have got to say no other artist have made such a global impact with their artistry like Michael did..

United States
BrAUdgvCcAArfaY.jpg

United Arab Emirates
BrARM6dCMAAIr6h.jpg

Uganda
BrAPjwNCQAAsKe0.jpg:large

Sri Lanka
Bq_9Yv2CcAI6S4X.jpg

South Africa
Bq_7TMvCIAA5WC4.jpg

Saudi Arabia (1)
Bq_yMKkCAAA3a0O.jpg

Saudi Arabia (2)
Bq_yT7wCIAIVaoW.jpg

Russia
Bq_bi2CCUAELW5R.jpg

Peru
2vwbm9s.jpg

Papua New Guinea
Bq-UlthCIAI3k5s.jpg:large

Panama
Bq-PtTYCUAAQrbz.jpg:large

Oman
Bq9bcCjCAAA3lxu.jpg

Norway
Bq9S11DCYAEsTGQ.jpg:large

Nigeria
Bq9Nq4DCYAAljtl.jpg

New Zealand
Bq9EwHpCAAATGNv.jpg

Morocco
Bq8iAwNCcAAvIet.jpg:large

Mongolia
Bq8brB-CUAEL5rO.jpg:large

Mauritius
Bq8ENpKCEAEHIs_.jpg:large

[ MORE TO COME ]

Last edited:

michael is the big music ever

Michael taught me to accept myself who I am.

As a queer woman, I was struggling to fit in the society I was born into. As a child and teenager, I had to choose between dressing as I please and dressing as others please. When Michael entered my life, it was a huge relief for me. He was a person I could relate to despite the difference between our genders. I was not a freak anymore. I instantly knew there were other people around me that pay no mind to gender and they are successful in their careers.

I really love his (unfinished?) song Tomboy. I actually found out about it very recently. When I read the lyrics, I realised it was all about me even though I wasn't born at the time he was writing the song (Bad era, I guess). I believe that he's able to connect with all of us on a spiritual level now that he passed away almost seven years ago, so I would like to thank him for these lyrics. Shame the song has never been released. It is my biggest wish. I'm a proud queer woman and if I could hear the song on the radio, I would feel ecstatic.

Wow, this is a good question.

Funny how it started with me, I was just a young kid watching TV and The Jackson 5 popped up. Something clicked. Ever since then, listening to Michael helped me through the good times and the rough times. I fell in love with Michael instantly and that's just the way it was. I couldn't be more proud.

The music, the rare music, the interviews, the photo's, the rare photo's, the fans.. I couldn't ask for anybody better.

Michael's inspiration to me is precious. Nobody will ever inspire me the way Michael does.

Hm... what can I say... Michael is just amazing.
I'll just start like this...

I first knew MJ when he died because my brother bought 6 different newspapers and each of them had MJ's face. I was nine and kept asking my parents and brother, "Who is this guy?" He was just too famous and he was on TV for 4 or 5 months in my country. My dad bought 'Michael Jackson Number Ones' and he made the whole family watch. I remember hiding behind my big-hard-cover-fairy-tale-collection-book when MJ turned into a werewolf...

... and of course... the zombies kinda freaked me out.

But I watched the other music videos after that happily so it was okay.

I guess I was a bit too young to understand his charm and his unique traits but I did a research about him in the internet. Unfortunately, the MJ thing faded away from me and I only listened to those techno and auto-tune music on the radios. I was busy with studies... studies... studies... until he was gone from me.

Seven years later...
The year 2016...
One day I heard 'Hold My Hand' and I re-found him.
I began to hunt for his music videos, concert footage, and songs in Youtube... it was unbelievable. I kept watching and listening them for days, sometimes I end up crying (especially Earth Song and Heal The World). I can't believe I actually forget this amazing guy. I can't believe I actually forget a piece of me. Now I've been listening to him at least five times a day.

Of course it's just a short lost-love story but...

Nowadays, peers my age are always reminded of the genocides and destruction in the Eastern countries. When I heard MJ's humanity songs, quotes, and messages, I can feel the closeness of a human to a world that was (during his time) falling and crashing down and now the Earth still damaged.

The wars are closing the peoples' minds, no one around me thinks openly anymore (even my own parents) and I got really scared to act. To me, an open mind is the key to peace but I couldn't find someone around me that thinks the same way. When I listen to 'Keep The Faith', 'Earth Song', 'Heal The World', he gave me strength that I have to keep doing what I can to change the world and the peoples' minds.

I am really glad that I didn't listen to today's music. We all know what they're saying. MJ planted love and humanity in me when I was 9 and it probably lasted until I found him again.

So... what did MJ inspired me?
  1. To bring peace to the world
  2. To open the human mind
  3. To preserve nature
  4. To be grateful of what we have and don't have
    And...
  5. To stand my ground and fight for what's right.

Sometimes I'm taken back how much he influences me... I catch myself somewhat often with the thought.. "I have to enjoy/think/act this way because of Michael"

He's influenced me as much as some very close family members... If not more! (I'm trying to be respectful to family) cough cough

The main inspiration I got from Michael was that being different from most people wasn't an inherently shameful thing. I always felt excluded from most of my peers growing up, so Michael's music was something which gave me a lot of peace. Later on, I wound up diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome...and from the list of traits, I think its highly possible Michael himself was on the autistic spectrum.

It's my first post here and I think it's the best thread to start my journey on this forum :yes: My story is not as exciting as others but I feel like thanks writing it down here I can thank him somehow :wub:
I'm a fan since last Halloween (short I know but it was a life changing decision, I knew who he was - who didn't, watched his funeral and his short films on MTV the day he died but I was a kid back then, so I didn't look him up better, circulated around him all the time but never took the time to dig into his career). Last Halloween it changed. I had nothing to do that day, I turned on late in the evening a movie (horror) to watch, since it felt like a approciate thing to do but it didn't click with me so I turned it off. I went on youtube and somehow ended up clicking on Thriller short movie and boy didn't I just fell right into it :D it was perfect for that night of course so I thought to myself I need to look up this groovy, cool and smooth boy. Ended up staying up late browsing his Spotify profilem shocked how much he fits my taste (I never felt something like that before) and I'm getting to my point now - since that evening, when I laid my eyes on his dance, voice, face I felt alive again. I was in a bad place, taking antidepressants, struggling to find joy in life and this man that night changed it. Thanks to him I love life again, his music makes my days great, I'm happy to be alive and I can't think of leaving this world ever again - I can't leave my closest ones and his music, all his work behind. He inspires me in so many aspects, he made me a better person (I could write an essay about it) but this one reason is the most important for me and I will be forever grateful for it. I owe him :blush:

So this is also my first post here, and what better way is to start with this thread?
You asked: how does Michael inspire you?
Gosh, where do I even begin? First and foremost I can say that I love Michael from the bottom of my heart, and he will always have a really special place in my heart. He means the world to me, although it sound so cliché, but its true.

Ever since I was around 6/7, I've know who he was. We learned ALOT about him in school, we saw his music videos, we sang his songs, and we even had different talent shows where people would dress up and dance like him. I remember watching his music videos, like Bad, Thriller, Billie Jean and Beat It. After I saw Thriller, I got so scared and I was scared until I was around 14 I think. SO after I saw that short film, I didn't pay so much attention to him, but everyone talking about him, especially in 2005. When he died in 2009, I remember I was so confused. It didn't make sense that he would die so early. The same year, I celebrated my 10th birthday kinda dedicated to him, and I became a bit fan. But it stopped there.

It wasn't until 2 1/2 years ago, that I truly got into Michael. Ss in 2015 I was really depressed and I had a very difficult time. Everything was going downhill, I didn't have so many friends and I was alone. That evening there was a Norwegian TV-programe, called " Mitt Dansecrew", where one of the contestants were to Michael. I thought the show so cool, and the song ( it was Dangerous btw), so I started to search him up. I stumbled upon You are not alone in München, and that had ball my eyes out.

The way he sang and the way he was to that fan... the love(!!) made me cry. The lyrics of that song was the words I needed to hear. To this day, that is my absolute favorite song of Michael <3

Michael inspires me in so many ways. He helped me. He saved my life. I was really close to just end my life and, I'm pretty sure that if hadn't discovered him the time I did, I would most likely not be here writing this. TO me, is my friend, hero, savior, father figure and the ultimate inspiration. Through his actions,his kindness, his humbleness, his cuteness, his songs, his speeches ... everything really, makes me want to be a better person and makes me want to heal the world.

Because of him, my self esteem has grown, Ive grown to be more happy, and i love life. I love all the love I receive through f.ex. my acc on Ig and on here and other sites.

The one ( and prob the most important reason) to why he inspires me, is that he makes me so happy and he makes my days so much better .

Michael's existence, his exotic brown eyes, his humble personality, and beautiful smile inspire me the most. Thank you, God for creating an angelic example of your love for all humanity.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

When I was teenager, I was watching Michael Jackson's live performance in Bucharest. That time i decided and told myself whatever happen in this life i want to be just like him.

From that day I started to copy his dance moves learned to creating music, how to write & sing. It was the year 2006 when i decided what i wanted to do in my entire life.

It's the 25th, and I just want to say thank you Michael for being an amazing man and for filling our lives with beautiful music and spreading love every day. You inspire me. I miss you so much, Rest In Peace. ?

It is hard to just put it into a couple of sentences...Michael has been the center of my musical universe and heart since I was 6 years old....?The fact that he is gone is something that I will never get over ....??I am having a part time job as a child and youth care worker and my pay every month isn't really high...but I booked my flight to L.A. for next June to be there at his star and just finally let all of the sadness out that I have been carrying in my heart for the past years since 2009...I convinced my best friend to come with me to be emotional support....She knows that there is nothing more painful for me to know that I will never see him live...so she said if that journey is a little soul soothing for me she will support me on that.?And refering on how much Michael is an inspiration for me....with his music and heart he kept me breathing and still now does and always will.

MJJ is in the better world now where there is no mental or phisical pain. The pain I meet in my life so often, being a woman and not so strong and phisically healthy, so that it was better if we were really ghosts without body but mind, no need to eat or to think where you should get food every day, not limited in travelling because of money, ghosts can go anywhere, nobody can forbid, they are free as they don't exist. MJJ inspires me "just to make it another day", though I am really tired, but I go on, in hope we will meet on the other side when it's all over where there is no pain.

Michael Jackson has inspired me for many years and as such I've created many a video regarding my collections of his work, but also a video looking at the potential future avenues that might sustain MJ's incredible legacy! If you could check it out and give it a share that would be great! :D

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0y9uCDLieA"]
[/URL]

I idolised this man through childhood to now teenage years and he has deeply inspired me, on so many levels.

I remember being around 5 in the car telling my dad I'd meet him one day but sadly, that will never happen.

I still remember the full day he died - something in me shifted. June 25, 2009 - I was 7 years old, turning 8 in less than 3 months and I remember walking to school and being told he was dead by a school friend and laughing it off thinking it was just a rumour. Until I got in my dads car and all he was playing was Off The Wall, I remember walking into his apartment and seeing it all over the news.

Whilst my heart was broken, something sparked inside of me... the impact of one person on millions upon millions, billions* it was so amazing to me at that age. You'd go in stores and he surrounded you, magazines on news stands with his name on the cover and his face. I remember reading them one by one, looking for photos and any stories I could find.

Even on the TV, VH1 would play him 24/7, his influence was inescapable in my world. For a few months, I would run upstairs and cry whenever his videos came on the screen but after a while, that ended and I vividly remember gazing at the videos, interviews, absorbing anything I could get - The way he made music videos into films just really struck me... his energy, the storytelling, the way it captured your attention in an instant. It really stood out to me. It was the coolest thing in the world and felt like time stopped.

In reality - I was a seven year old dealing with two feuding parents and an upcoming separation between them but he made me feel amazing, happy etc. - he took my mind off it.

So much so, that I started looking into his genius and scanning any book I could find about his origins and his story, renting countless unofficial biographies and just thinking he was the coolest dude on the planet. - it was through this that I picked up a habit for reading which has helped me immensely in English.

Which leads me to believe he helped me learn, one of my biggest flaws in school has always been Maths. I don't know what it is about it but I remember making tally charts of Jackson 5 charts and going around and asking my classmates for answers, he made maths fun and easy. Without even being there.

He taught me who soul legends I am inspired by today are - I was fortunate enough to go to the Michael Jackson Exhibition in 2009, and I remember there was a room of his influences, I was surrounded by black icons such as James Brown, Jackie Wilson etc. - as a eight year old I had no idea who they were prior, he introduced me to this world and made me dumb enough to believe I could follow in his footsteps.

So much so that I started making music, the summer after and I'm still continuing to this day and growing. I remember being 12, watching The Jacksons: American Dream and seeing Jason Weaver play him whilst singing I Wanna Be Where You Are - and I told myself I wanted to sing.

And now I'm getting vocal lessons and improving at it, all because of him. This was apparent to me when my vocal teacher asked me which I wanted to sing - to which I replied, Baby Be Mine.

I'm gonna wrap this up but he helped me through my mother's breakdowns and took my focus away from it, sparked my imagination and interest for film through This Is It and Moonwalker etc.

And I'm proud to say, I am now a musician, writer, producer, screenwriter and future director all because of you, Michael Joseph Jackson.

I posted this on my blog on his birthday. I guess this sums up what I generally learned from him over the years of being a fan.

There are some things that I learned not from friends, family or people who surround me.

To do best in whatever it is that I do.
To never settle for mediocrity.
To stand up and hold my head up high despite the cruelty of life.
To keep going despite the prejudice of people.
To not lose yourself despite others telling you what you SHOULD be because that's what makes you unique.
To surpass and not accept stereotypes and all boundaries dictated by society

Yeah, I learned it mostly from this guy starting from high school. Happy would-have-been 59th birthday, King of Pop.

He's the reason for everything i do in my life, i can't fit it in words, because he is beyond words, he made such a huge impact on my entire life and many other's lives, he inspires me to be spiritual, loving and caring person, to go after my dreams and my future life, to be a nice and forgiving person, to be innocent and child-like as much as i can, to be the best that i could be, to be wise and open minded, and so many other things, i would write for the rest of my life and not get enough

Mine isn't such an essay but Michael has inspired me to be a better person, to treat everyone with resoect, to love and to Never judge anyone on the colour of their skin or religious beliefs. We are all human, we all feel pain and we all have a heart that can be broken.

Oh very! I used to draw a lot in my childhood but stopped, now I'm doing portraits again. And also I sew some of his clothing for my hot toys doll.

Michael is in my life ever since I was born. My whole family used to enjoy his music back in the day so it was kind of second nature to me. The magic, the music and the heart of that man touched my soul in so many ways I just can't explain. He inspires me to be a better person, to heal my surroundings as much as I can. I've been through a lot during my teenage years and his message, his music, his smile helped me overcome everything. It was heaven sent.

It's been 20 years and I just wish I could go back in time and enjoy every second again.

He's inspired in various ways. His passion for what he loves, his hard work and perseverance in his music and his values and beliefs truly inspired me. I really admire him for his personality. It makes me wonder how can a human be that kind and gentle.

It's my second day of training in the new job today. We had an icebreaker activity that consists of picking a question and answering it in front of the co-trainees.

I picked a question: Who's your hero? It may be a celebrity, a relative or an influential person.

I picked Michael Jackson.

I stated the reason is that for me he was the epitome of a strong person who kept on fighting in life despite wrong accusations and being maligned by many. He was focused, he was determined, and he did not let distractions consumed him. He was someone who I want to emulate when it comes to pursuing what one loves to do even if there are a lot of hurdles on the way.

(Unfortunately, I was met with "Do you think he's gay?" question which I answered "I don't think so. No." only to be responded with "You'll never know." :stop: )

Back