How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

Re: MJJC Legacy Project: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

OOhhh God!

All my life, I told this history of my life to...4 peoples, or five...

I never had a support like this.

MJ Family is really really really one the best things in my life.

Thank you, Michael.

OOhhh God!

All my life, I told this history of my life to...4 peoples, or five...

I never had a support like this.

MJ Family is really really really one the best things in my life.

Thank you, Michael.

Well, Hun ;)

That's the HUGE difference with 'friends' outside the 'Michael bubble' ... I experience it a lot these days...
I do have 'friends' outside the MJ family but it doesn't FEEL the same... I FEEL lost when I'm around them cause they have 'different' values and they are NOT as 'sweet' as the MJ family :love:
The MJ family is really like a family... We understand and love each other like bro's and sisters :better:

Indeed, Thanks Michael cause you 'brought' us together :bow:

There certainly is a comfort factor involved when around MJ friends :yes:

Wow, I wish I would've seen this ages ago lol, would've been really cathartic. You know I've never sat down to really spell out what Michael did/does for me and how he so greatly affected my life. I suppose now is as good a time as any lol... :)

My entire life, I've just been drawn to him. You could call it spiritual magnetism. I was bouncing around to his music before I was even old enough to talk or walk; his music always commands your body to move, and move I did lol, even though I wasn't yet of the capacity to understand why. My earliest memories of television itself are tied to him, the Thriller short film is one of the first, if not THE VERY first memory of television that I have. By that age (I couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 years old) I was becoming conscious of my surroundings; I remember his face, and that red jacket lol, and his grin at the closing of the short film. Even now as an adult, I can remember that single moment so crisply. I hardly new my ABC's, but I knew his voice.

Then came Moonwalker on good ol' vhs lol, my playmate that lived across the street from me had received the tape and came over to my house to watch it. From the opening sequence of that movie, I would literally be changed for the rest of my days. My mouth hung open and my little 4-year-old heart exploded with excitement and wonder. I remember almost crying because all of these new feelings were so disorienting, I didn't really know what to do with myself lol; it would be the first time I'd ever blushed at the sight of a man. I wanted to morph through my tv screen, and for Michael and I to dance and sing our way through this magical fantasy land that he'd weaved. How he moved was the physical personification of what music actually sounded like to me. He moved how the sound of a snare drum would, if the sound were to materialize into a human form. He made his body wail just like an electric guitar wailed. The way he'd sail across the stage completely embodied whatever melody was controlling him. It was odd seeing music, something so close to me yet intangible, spark to life in front of me. I would've never thought it possible. My first lesson in dancing: let go and let the music tell you how your body is supposed to move, courtesy of Michael's tutelage of course. His voice... sensual and angelic all at once. Buttery sweet as caramel at times, then at others furious and unforgiving as broken glass against flesh. He was chaste, then powerful. Sexy then somber. Timid as a child, then as intense as a lover. He was an alchemist, and I was utterly spellbound.

As I grew into adolescence, I was able to "research" him more, so to speak. He came from a musical family, so did I: many nights as a small girl my lullaby was the faint wafting of cigarette smoke and beer as the walls of my room vibrated from my dad's guitar along with his bandmates' instruments screaming through the amps in our garage; sparking my own love affair with music. My dad also wanted me to sing, but I was so terribly shy, I ran from spotlight (I think back on things now, who knows where my voice may have taken me if I'd have grabbed the mic instead of run away from it lol, ahh well). Michael's father was scary-stern, so was mine. He was quiet and thoughtful for a young child, as was I; I've been getting that "old soul" speech my whole life lol. He was desperately lonely as a youngster, I was as well. He was unnervingly sensitive, I was/am too. Now I don't pretend that my life paralleled his AT ALL, he definitely had it immeasurably harder than I ever did, but when he would talk about many aspects of his own short childhood, I could personally relate to many topics straight away. By the time the Dangerous album came out, and as I crept ever closer to my teenage years, I could feel my "idol on a pedestal"-flavored love starting to change into something different. Into attraction, concern, inspiration and support. More like the love of a woman towards a man than a starstruck little girl. Believe me, I wasn't nor am I now, delusional lol. I knew and know full well that he was in all actuality a stranger to me, not to mention technically old enough to have fathered me lolol. But his sorrowful yet hopeful gaze. The endlessness of his sincerity and generosity. The surrender in his laugh. The fire in his craft. The purity of his soul. The determination of his will. His nobility. His playfulness. His passion. The gorgeous trance he let consume him when he and the music merged. Clearly, my heart made the decision with NO REGARD whatsoever for my rationale lol. In reality, he was nothing but a sparkly show on my tv, and pictures in magazines. But in my heart, there was this pull towards him. I loved him, not in a sense that I would chase his car down in a wedding dress or anything crazy like that lol. But I truly loved him, even though all I could do is send those sentiments silently into the ether and hope that they'd find his heart as positive energy. Why my heart loved him? I still don't friggin' know lol. Maybe it's because it felt like his heart understood mine, even without us ever having met. I dunno, it DOESN'T make sense lol, it isn't practical, but I stopped asking "why" a long time ago and just went with it. I'm so glad I did.

In my late teens and into adulthood, be it by God's hand and/or kismet, certain people found their way into my life, friendships where formed, and through one turn of events or another, I was able to meet Michael on quite a few occasions, spoke to him once very briefly over the phone, was able to explore Neverland on a handful of occaisions. When I saw him in Vegas at an appearance he was making some years back, somehow he found his way to me for a hug through an enormous crowd of people, I told him in his ear "this world needs you Michael". He then grabbed my face, kissed my cheek, and gripped my hand before walking away. I don't share these things with you all to show off or brag about my "Michael encounters" or however people may phrase it, but rather to prove a point. I'm essentially a NOBODY lol, from southern California with no established friendships or ties to any major players in the entertainment business. I'm not ugly lol, but I'm not particularly beautiful enough to have "caught his eye" (well at least in MY opinion and assumption lol) or anything like that. I was not his best friend, close friend, good friend, distant friend, babysitter, personal assistant, confidant or associate lol. I was just a fan, blaring his music in my headphones, scrouring fan forums for news, saving every picture of him that I could find, reading MJ fanfictions lol, making friends with other fans, skimming newspaper and magazine articles for mention of his name... I was just some regular old fan like any other in any given corner of the world. Yet, after a whirlwind of adventures, I look up one day to find Michael in my arms. How the hell did that happen lol?!?!? I'm still at a loss lol. But I know that when I told him that the world needed him, he knew I meant it. And anytime I've been in a situation where he was nearby, his hands always found mine and lingered, amid thousands of others. Spiritual magnetism. I'm not saying I'm some kinda "chosen one" or any nonsense like that. Just that, despite all odds and unlikelyhood of his and my paths EVER directly crossing, they still did. He found his way to me.

When Michael left, outside of being unimagineably devestated, I felt as though I let him down. I know that every fan feels a close personal tie to him through their own personal reasons, I also know that we all love him so dearly and miss him daily. Just to be clear, I don't and would never place myself "above" ANYONE. EVER. But when I replay old memories of him in my head, I actually feel a heavy amount of guilt. I feel like, maybe why i've always felt so drawn to him.... like maybe I was charged to tend to his heart, and I failed him. I know that sounds silly and far-fetched lol, I get it. But I always think, could I have found a way to get closer to him if ONLY for sake of showing him real friendship, and candor, and the honesty and heartfelt sincerity that he claimed to rarely find in people; if I could've delivered my unconditional love directly to his hands. But not in a romantic or needy sense, I literally just wanted to take care of him. Could I have helped ease his weariness? On my worst days, his voice was always there in my speakers, soothing my spirit. The least I could do is give him the same comfort and support, the same pure love that he poured over everyone he met everyday. As I said before, I am a nobody lol, and Michael had many genuine people in his life that loved him and cared for him greatly, without a doubt. I'm sure many of you may think the same thing, if not something similar, and I am no different from any of you. But sometimes, this is where my thoughts of him take me; wondering if I could've swayed the Fates. Reality's verdict is "no", but I figure, even if the chance was miniscule, it was a chance nonetheless.

As Sheryll Crow mentioned in the Bad25 Documentary, when Michael would walk into a room, the molecules in the room would rearrange. Even if you weren't in clear view of him, even if you didn't like him lol, when he came near, there was an other-worldly, palpable change in the room's energy. It was more than just fawning over a celebrity; there was something deeper, something more ancient going on with Michael. Sometimes I joke about Michael being an alien, because he didn't give off normal human energy lol. I say that jokingly, but I'm not so sure that he wasn't super-human, or that his mind and spirit weren't operating at a more evolved frequency than the rest of us. His aural pressure was so noticeable, that even those that weren't looking for it, felt it. His very presence was hypnotic. He was belladonna.

He electrifyed and comforted me through his art, inspired me with his imagination and his unmatched generosity charged me with carrying that same message forward. To heal our humanity by simply doing what we were all made for: loving each other. How I hear and interpret music, is by his influence. My core group of friends for the past decade, I met because of Michael. The entertainment business has a new standard of excellence to reach for, solely because of him. Everyday, I happen across his voice, or a picture of his, without actively looking for them. Everyday. When he went away, he gouged a mammoth hole into my heart upon his departure. The wound has since stopped bleeding profusely, but will never heal. But if his anguish here on Earth was so unyielding, my pain for his tranquility... I can pay that price. His spirit was so much larger, and meant for so much more than turmoil and tears. And even though it gives me some solace, knowing that he's finally able to soar just like he always wanted, I will always bear the beautiful ache of such joyful memories, and seeing his influence in everything around me. Everytime I watch a fireworks display, or hear a classical score, or watch an old MGM musical, or see kids on a playground, or look at my best friend's faces, or feel lonely, or anytime I dance, or sing, I can feel him smiling. Looking on, amused and in total bliss.

What is left of my mutilated heart, has Michael's fingerprints all over it. And though it hurts like HELL, I am forever. grateful.

As Sheryll Crow mentioned in the Bad25 Documentary, when Michael would walk into a room, the molecules in the room would rearrange. Even if you weren't in clear view of him, even if you didn't like him lol, when he came near, there was an other-worldly, palpable change in the room's energy. It was more than just fawning over a celebrity; there was something deeper, something more ancient going on with Michael. Sometimes I joke about Michael being an alien, because he didn't give off normal human energy lol. I say that jokingly, but I'm not so sure that he wasn't super-human, or that his mind and spirit weren't operating at a more evolved frequency than the rest of us. His aural pressure was so noticeable, that even those that weren't looking for it, felt it. His very presence was hypnotic. He was belladonna.

He electrifyed and comforted me through his art, inspired me with his imagination and his unmatched generosity charged me with carrying that same message forward. To heal our humanity by simply doing what we were all made for: loving each other. How I hear and interpret music, is by his influence. My core group of friends for the past decade, I met because of Michael. The entertainment business has a new standard of excellence to reach for, solely because of him. Everyday, I happen across his voice, or a picture of his, without actively looking for them. Everyday. When he went away, he gouged a mammoth hole into my heart upon his departure. The wound has since stopped bleeding profusely, but will never heal. But if his anguish here on Earth was so unyielding, my pain for his tranquility... I can pay that price. His spirit was so much larger, and meant for so much more than turmoil and tears. And even though it gives me some solace, knowing that he's finally able to soar just like he always wanted, I will always bear the beautiful ache of such joyful memories, and seeing his influence in everything around me. Everytime I watch a fireworks display, or hear a classical score, or watch an old MGM musical, or see kids on a playground, or look at my best friend's faces, or feel lonely, or anytime I dance, or sing, I can feel him smiling. Looking on, amused and in total bliss.

What is left of my mutilated heart, has Michael's fingerprints all over it. And though it hurts like HELL, I am forever. grateful.

Just....WOW!

When I think that I've seen a beautiful history, appear people like you and... BUM!

I think that after discover this "light" in Michael, makes us, MJFam, a special soul.

Is fantastic read all this things and feel that I'm not alone when I'm feeling this energy.

Your history is heartbreaking.

Tks for sharing, PurdyYungThang84

I L.O.V.E. YOU ALL so very much! Thank You ALL for sharing everything that you did. Keep the L.O.V.E. flowing ~*~*~*~*~*

Can I just add something 'Spiritual' here again? It is HOW Michael 'inspire' us cause we are 'connected' :angel:

Have I told you about the guy who belongs to the MJ Fam :wub: and he works in my fave grocery store?

Well, when I head for the check out... I see he's busy with other customers and usually I go to his 'check out' desk but the store was so busy and my mum was with me that she chose one without a cue :smilerolleyes:
Suddenly he stops and looks up like... He 'senses' someone... That would be me then :blush: and then when he spots me... He smiles and acknowledge me then he continues his job...

It's wonderful how we are connected... and NO, I don't even know him personally but he 'busted' me once cause I wore "Michael fingers" as he called the 'finger tapes' on my fingers :D

Can I just add something 'Spiritual' here again? It is HOW Michael 'inspire' us cause we are 'connected' :angel:

Have I told you about the guy who belongs to the MJ Fam :wub: and he works in my fave grocery store?

Well, when I head for the check out... I see he's busy with other customers and usually I go to his 'check out' desk but the store was so busy and my mum was with me that she chose one without a cue :smilerolleyes:
Suddenly he stops and looks up like... He 'senses' someone... That would be me then :blush: and then when he spots me... He smiles and acknowledge me then he continues his job...

It's wonderful how we are connected... and NO, I don't even know him personally but he 'busted' me once cause I wore "Michael fingers" as he called the 'finger tapes' on my fingers :D

That's really awesome daz! :hug:

WITH L.O.V.E. :heart:

I have been a fan of MJ ever since i can remember and throughout my life he has inspired me in so many ways. I have never felt the way i do about him about any other artist or celebrity, there was always just something about him, his personnality, his talents, his hummanitarian efforts, his messages, everything. I feel i can relate to him in some ways of his personnality, the way he always loved to play jokes, always wanting a laugh and being funny, having fun and that peter pan mentality. Everyone says to me they think of me with peter pan because they dont believe ill ever 'grow up' lol in that i just like being silly and playing, i love playing with my little brother so much, he is 5 and we have such fun.

With his music, it inspired me creatively, i sometimes write poems about how im feeling or about something i feel strongly about. I am into art and love to draw and express myself that way, and just being creative all the time, making cartoons, stories, anything that comes to me. I love to read non-fiction books, i have a constant thirst for knowledge and always wanting to learn something new, it never stops. I know Mike always loved to read and talked sometimes about the power of the human mind and that people dont use it to its full capacity, that it holds the power to achieve anything if you really go for it, really push. So i always try and remember that. His music is perfect for any mood any day, it can cheer me up, make me cry, help me get anger out, inspire me to make a difference, i listen to his music every single day. Dance, i love to dance and am always practising and dancing in my bedroom, learning his moves and routines, it makes so feel so happy and free.

Charity, it is just... how can you notbe inspired by his message and his efforts to help others, its impossible not to. When i was younger i remember always saving my change up and putting it into save the tigers wells at zoos, never much but i always felt good about it. I have done the UK race for life, raising money for cancer research, even though i am no runner, i am very into sports but running i find difficult unless im playing basketball so im preoccupied with doing something and dont get tired quickly, but i pushed myself because it is an important cause. Currently i am planning to with the help of my dad do some charity cycling over the next few years, and i love the idea someone had here (im sorry i cant rememeber where i saw it and who said it) about raisng throughout the year and donating as a lump on june 25th, so i am thinking of doing something like that. My dream in the future is to open my own reptile and amphibian centre, which i have loads of ideas for. Raising awareness about wildlife conservation and holding charity events to donate to projects in that area. This is all Michael's influence and i cant thank him enough for it.

It still feels so weird writing in past tense about him...

Hello Soulies :ciao:

For you guys, I will spill the beans of 'HOW MICHAEL INSPIRE ME... during an exam? '

Simply, I first study in an Michael T-shirt kind of a 'understudy' :D

I wear the same Michael T-shirt for studying to the exam... Of course 'hidden' under my sweater :cheeky:

Going to school, I 'rehearse' the study material with listening to Michael's music in my earphones and make sure that my 'energy' battery is 'fully loaded' :wild:

This 'Michael energy' stuff puts me at ease and 'prevents' my brain from 'black outs' ...
So, I look fresh and focused when the going gets tough :D

I'm so :woohoo:this 'old school' trick still works...

Daryll

That's so nice of you guys, Michael would be so happy to know this, and well I'm sure he does...

It's interesting how things are in our lives, when I was a child I listened to Michael's music even if I didn't understand a word in English and get so emotional and wanting to dance and sing to his music, I was a very shy person, I still am but when I sing or dance to his music and on my italian dance group I can feel that he helped me going through my fears of public.
Also when my brother died I feel so much of his love on helping me going through it and also the surgery I went through I feel his energy with me all the time, I wipe a smile on my face just on thinking of Michael...
He influence me in all my daily actions to people and to every idea I have to be a better person and to help others.
I LOVE MICHAEL, FOREVER AND EVER!

I'm back :D

No seriously now, yesterday I went to library and as I came out with my desired books I met up a guy. He was a Greenpeace ambassador and he spoke with so much passion about this organisation that I joined. :blush:
I told him about my own projects to care for the planet and I 'bragged' about the MJJC legacy team :D and the charities that Michael 'supported'.
It baffled me once again that he only knew the music and the gossip about Michael and not the 'charity' stuff. He even moonwalked for me :blush:

It could have been Michael's voice too. He kept on screaming in my head. :cheeky:

"They will take care of it. Who's they? it's US. It starts with us or it'll never be done"

See, how Michael inspires me :angel:

I'm back :D

No seriously now, yesterday I went to library and as I came out with my desired books I met up a guy. He was a Greenpeace ambassador and he spoke with so much passion about this organisation that I joined. :blush:
I told him about my own projects to care for the planet and I 'bragged' about the MJJC legacy team :D and the charities that Michael 'supported'.
It baffled me once again that he only knew the music and the gossip about Michael and not the 'charity' stuff. He even moonwalked for me :blush:

It could have been Michael's voice too. He kept on screaming in my head. :cheeky:

"They will take care of it. Who's they? it's US. It starts with us or it'll never be done"

See, how Michael inspires me :angel:

That's cute Daryll!

And sadly, yeah, most people don't know that about Michael... :(

That's why we must spread the word and tell it!

Michael, a true humanitarian

Well, I managed to block my hand again and wearing a brace where only my thumb is FREE :doh:

Guess, how I am typing now? Yep with my free thumb. :cheeky:

How does it fit here in the "How does Michael Jackson inspire you? " thread, you say?

Other peeps would go and nag to their Docs to fix it or would be a plant in the sofa :smilerolleyes: and feel like their life is over!

Me? I take it as a challenge and thank Michael that he taught me to NEVER GIVE UP :D

Anyway, It can't be fixed so nagging to my Doc is useless so letting it rest in a 'heavier' brace will 'stabilize' it somehow.

Thanks to Michael I can still chase my dreams as he gave me the courage to never give up and never lose hope! :angel:

Something happened in College today again, that made me smile and think 'This is Thanks to Michael' :wub:
How else can I explain it?

I'm not really ONE that 'brags' or 'blow things up' but I've experienced it today again. :blush:

While other people struggle to understand the tasks and assignments that involve writing web texts or simple knowing how a database is build, I 'breeze' through it. :cheeky:

Cause it feels like HOME as in MJJCommunity :D

I guess, Passion for NET stuff is a factor too but its still thanks to Michael who inspired me to know and love all this stuff needed to get a NEW degree in life :agree:

The life of Michael's girl :wub:

“Michaels girl heehee”

How is the life of a Michael's girl? Heehee...

When I wake up the first thing I do is
I pop in my earphones with Michael's music.
A full 2 hours of Michael pumping in my ear fully charges
my 'brain battery' cause since 2009 I have my 'energy battery' that
is leaking when I don't bathe in Michael's glow.

Additionally listening to MJJC radio or my 'life saver' when
I'm on the go keeps my brain functioning on a 'top level' .

On HOME days,
I do my Michaeling in the morning.
On College days, I do it in the evening then.
Though, I pop into MJJC during my 'cookie breaks' as to
'recharge' a little.

Michaeling is simply browsing FB for
Michael piccies, Michael facts and
then spreading the L.O.V.E
around on my FB pages.

Then I head over to my SOUL home at MJJC.
I frequently update MJJCBlog with
witty blogs and heartfelt
Michael theme stories.

My task is to
'preserve and honour the legacy of Michael Jackson'
what I do with all my heart.
I admit, it hasn't been easy these 4 years but I would
never give in cause Michael never quitted too even when
all hope was lost, he kept on going cause
that's what WINNERS do.

Besides, my 'writing' stuff,
I also love to be an MJ Ambassador,
like holding hands with the MJ fam when they are 'down and out'.
We are 'raised' as ONE family.
So every MJJC member is part of the MJ family so
we SUPPORT each other in bright and gloomy days.

I usually end the day with my lullaby song 'Water'
when I had a hectic day cause then my brain knows
it has to be quiet now cause my body needs to sleep.

I'm a storyteller too, in case you didn't know by now LOL,
with an ever nagging and babbling Muse.
I love to take care of animals and I love to do charity work too.

That was ONE day in the life of a Michael’s girl.
AOUW!

It's all in Michael's :wub: name, hey!

Daz :blush:​

Hello. :)
Here is a beautiful inspired thing Michael's fans has done. They created a book and it helps children in need.

96b7dc_feefcaac85473b519a24cb082ab6680b.jpg

"Rhythm Of Love" is the vision of Michael Jackson's fans - beginning as "Project Illusion" on Facebook - to provide comfort for sick children, a mission dear to him.

Book was made by fans of MJ. There you can read their poems and reflections, thoughts about Michael and how he inspired the world and also you can see their drawings, paintings... all works how fans are touched by his spirit.

Book will be placed in Forest Lawn, Michael´s last resting place and one copy is sent to his children and mother.

"Michael, there is an unthinkable distance and loss, without you here, in which tears flow from our hearts. The wound that your absence causes, just seems to widen every minute. When in vain we long for you to appear, it is your picture, that brings a measure of comfort. Although your face is carved deep in our souls, the proof that you were here can be seen all around - in the acts of LOVE you performed. Michael, our memories of you shall never turn yellow like the pages of a newspaper or be burned by the sun´s blistering rays. They can never be swept away, not even by an avalanche of snow nor the most torrential rainfall. You are eternally alive in a magnificent solitude."

Find out more here:
http://lilywonderland2012.wix.com/lilywonderland#!books/cnec
Twitter: @RhythmOfLove13
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Illusion/284666625002496?id=284666625002496&sk=info

It's All For L.O.V.E. :heart:

This is how Michael Jackson inspired a fan.
What If Michael Jackson Grew Up In The Social Media Era? ? What would it be like? Look Here ? ?

How Does Michael Jackson inspire you?
Ever since I was a baby (born in 1999) my mother would play Jackson 5 songs for me. At the time, I had no idea who Michael Jackson even was.
When I was 4 years old, I discovered Michael. I had spent the day with my grandparents. My grandmother went to the doctor and I was left with my grandfather. At the time, he was 80 years old and very into westerns/old shows. He was just channel surfing when he came upon the short film 'You Rock My World' by the King Of Pop himself. Being set up to look like an older movie, it appealed to my grandfather. I watched in awe at Michael's dancing skills. I was amazed at his voice!
At the end of the video, the artist's name was shown along with the album, release date, etc. I thought "Michael Jackson...I don't know who that is, but I like him!"
From then on, I listened to him whenever I had the chance. Gradually, I became a big fan.
Singing was always my passion. I was humming before I could even talk. Hearing and seeing Michael, I wanted to be just like him!
On June 25, 2009 my 9 year old self was celebrating my nephew's first birthday (which was actually the next day)when I heard the news that Michael had passed. My world crumbled. The man I looked up to was gone. Since I did not have a father, Michael was/is my influential male figure.
Around the age of 12, depression set in on me. My OCD got worse. Troubles were proving to be too much. I figured I was worthless. The pressure continued until I finally attempted suicide. None of the attempts ever worked out; however, the last time I attempted got me VERY close. I passed out but somehow revived. After that, I decided to listen to some music. 'You Are Not Alone' and 'I'll Be There' came on back to back. Those songs made me think. Michael loved all his fans. He would not approve of what I was doing. That night I promised myself I would never attempt suicide again. I could not do that to my hero.
The older I got, the more I learned about Michael and his life. Surprisingly, I've found that I have a lot in common with him.
Now I am 14 years old and things are getting better. I am about to seek therapy for my OCD and I am surrounded by loving people.
Michael is my hero, the person that saved my life, the person that never left me, someone who made me feel loved.
He inspires me to chase my music career. He inspires me to stay strong. He has shown me that good things can be made from bad things. He taught me to spread love, love God, and be an overall good person.
Michael taught me incredible lessons and he didn't even know me. That's incredible.
But there's one more thing. I have the ability to feel spirit. I am not a medium. I cannot see or communicate with spirit. I FEEL spirit.
Whenever I would be incredibly upset or just needed somebody terribly, Michael's spirit would visit me. As of right now, Michael has only visited me twice. He does a very good job of making people feel comforted and love.
I am proud to share my story and I will continue to do whatever I can to help Michael's legacy live on.
When I am old enough, I will get the MJ logo tattooed on my inner wrist and this quote from 'Ghosts' tattooed on my rib cage: "Masquerade the heart, it's to hide a hurting soul."
That quote gets me though whatever troubles I may have.
All in all, Michael inspired me to keep going, keep living, and keep loving.
Thank you for letting me share my story.
With all my L.O.V.E,
Moonwalker_829 (Leanna)

:ciao: Moonwalker_829 :heart:

Thank you so much for this amazing Post ! You warmed my soul with your words and I am so blessed to know you a little more and LOVE you a lot more because you shared yourself with us :group: :heart:

sincerely,
Me

Ever since I was a baby (born in 1999) my mother would play Jackson 5 songs for me. At the time, I had no idea who Michael Jackson even was.
When I was 4 years old, I discovered Michael. I had spent the day with my grandparents. My grandmother went to the doctor and I was left with my grandfather. At the time, he was 80 years old and very into westerns/old shows. He was just channel surfing when he came upon the short film 'You Rock My World' by the King Of Pop himself. Being set up to look like an older movie, it appealed to my grandfather. I watched in awe at Michael's dancing skills. I was amazed at his voice!
At the end of the video, the artist's name was shown along with the album, release date, etc. I thought "Michael Jackson...I don't know who that is, but I like him!"
From then on, I listened to him whenever I had the chance. Gradually, I became a big fan.
Singing was always my passion. I was humming before I could even talk. Hearing and seeing Michael, I wanted to be just like him!
On June 25, 2009 my 9 year old self was celebrating my nephew's first birthday (which was actually the next day)when I heard the news that Michael had passed. My world crumbled. The man I looked up to was gone. Since I did not have a father, Michael was/is my influential male figure.
Around the age of 12, depression set in on me. My OCD got worse. Troubles were proving to be too much. I figured I was worthless. The pressure continued until I finally attempted suicide. None of the attempts ever worked out; however, the last time I attempted got me VERY close. I passed out but somehow revived. After that, I decided to listen to some music. 'You Are Not Alone' and 'I'll Be There' came on back to back. Those songs made me think. Michael loved all his fans. He would not approve of what I was doing. That night I promised myself I would never attempt suicide again. I could not do that to my hero.
The older I got, the more I learned about Michael and his life. Surprisingly, I've found that I have a lot in common with him.
Now I am 14 years old and things are getting better. I am about to seek therapy for my OCD and I am surrounded by loving people.
Michael is my hero, the person that saved my life, the person that never left me, someone who made me feel loved.
He inspires me to chase my music career. He inspires me to stay strong. He has shown me that good things can be made from bad things. He taught me to spread love, love God, and be an overall good person.
Michael taught me incredible lessons and he didn't even know me. That's incredible.
But there's one more thing. I have the ability to feel spirit. I am not a medium. I cannot see or communicate with spirit. I FEEL spirit.
Whenever I would be incredibly upset or just needed somebody terribly, Michael's spirit would visit me. As of right now, Michael has only visited me twice. He does a very good job of making people feel comforted and love.
I am proud to share my story and I will continue to do whatever I can to help Michael's legacy live on.
When I am old enough, I will get the MJ logo tattooed on my inner wrist and this quote from 'Ghosts' tattooed on my rib cage: "Masquerade the heart, it's to hide a hurting soul."
With all my L.O.V.E,
Moonwalker_829 (Leanna)

I'm so very inspired by these stories that you all have shared. I'm touched. MJJC Read the first post and all the stories by members like yourself, I'm asking you to Please share your poems, essays, stories about MJ here. The first Page has been updated. Thank You.

With all my L.O.V.E,
Moonwalker_829 (Leanna)

Dear Moonwalker--Thanks for sharing your story and I send good energy to you for healing and strength, and for Michael's love to blossom all around you every day! :)

Michael inspires me to be strong, to live a life that adheres to the values he espoused: perseverance, effort, courage, creativity, generosity, compassion, love, education, truth. He also inspires me to try and right the wrongs done to him--to fight to clear his name and to let others know what a wonderful and great person he was.

Great thread, thanks!! :)

tumblr_m4i74ki49R1ruy2dwo1_500.jpg

How Does Michael Inspire You? - A fresh installment!

Firstly, comes inspiration via MJ's "ONE"
Some of the cast in Michael Jackson ONE are called MJ Warriors. Here they are at work. Can you guess which of Michael’s outfits inspired this costume?
For a closer look at one of the costumes visit: http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/michael-jackson-one#section4

MJ-One-1.jpg

Fresh Inspiration: How Does Michael Jackson Inspire You?

When I was a kid, I wanted to be Michael Jackson. I knew all his moves, I wanted his hair, his voice, his clothes, etc. I was obsessed! Today, he inspires me in other ways. MJ was a true innovator, always taking things to the next level. He had a desire to be the absolute best, which is what I strive for in my job. I admire his creativity, his courage and his will to be the best. How does MJ inspire you in your every day life or goals?

- Jam2008

Michael... He made me into what I am today.

His generosity, his love, his affection and his music. Without his interests in Fred Astaire, James brown, I would have never have even bothered looking into these as they were never big in my house.
My goal in life is to finish university and become a teacher in Drama/dance - which I plan to do. He showed me a love for dance.
One thing I get annoyed at Michael for doing, is making me into a perfectionist. Always be the best, and do your best. Great. Now I struggle.
It's actually quite hard writing this. Haha.
He inspires me everyday!

-mimimj

Michael inspires me by showing me anything is possible if you just believe in yourself. People can say what they want about Joseph Jackson but he taught his kids to believe in themselves and their abilities...and Michael carried that belief in himself throughout his life. The other thing that is inspiring is that even when he was going through tough times in his life, Michael never gave up...so whenever I feel like giving up, I always think to myself "Michael never gave up...so don't you give up." The fact that he dared to be his own person--to think for himself and make his own decisions, and not let anyone put him in a "mold' as it were is an inspiration as well. In a sense, Michael was a non-conformist--a beautiful non conformist...way to go Michael! .
Of course, his love, his compassion, and generosity are inspirational too!

-beatit777MJ

Inspired me? Inspired me? The guy disgusted me and made me feel so inadequate... honestly, conquering the world by the time he was 25. All of those platinum records and the adulation of women around the world. And so unfairly talented as well. What bloody cheek that boy had.

Just kidding. :lol:

I find it hard to know how to seriously answer this without my post turning into a sap-fest of Childhood proportions, lol. So I guess I'll just take a cue from what people have said...Here's what stuck within me, his artistry, his bravery, his incredible determination and work ethic and his commitment to dreaming, and achieving those dreams (yeah, I told you I'd start getting sappy). He extracted the absolute maximum from his God-given gifts and was utterly gracious about it to boot.

And his perfectionism. He's partly to blame for me hating deadlines so much, and always wanting to take pride in doing everything I do to as high a standard as possible.

- ChickenMcNuggets777

I would like to say I'm a bit better person because of Michael. Trying not to judge people before I know more. Of course I should've done this always, whether I was MJ fan or not but ever since I was a fan and faced all the prejudice Michael got, and the prejudice I got myself for being his fan, I've really tried to change my ways. The generosity towards other people on general, and for the nature too.

- TheOne

As a singer/songwriter myself Michael was the person who inspired me to let the songs write themselves. Don't tell the music what it should be, let the music tells you what it wants to be. After i took that advice from Michael i stopped struggling with songwriting and i've written and composed more songs than i ever did before. Muscially i learned more from Michael than what any music teacher could ever teach me. It's like what MJ said ''The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work''

He also inspired me to try and be as original as possible. Yes it's ok to be inspired by the others but MJ inspired me to take that inspiration and turn it into something of my own.

- SpeedDemon

As said - he inspired me to be a better person. Well, that may sound a bit "holy" - whatever.
He helped me to protect my "inner child". I´m very thankful for that.
And - yes, he inspired me to write poetry - sadly only after his passing. But I´ll treasure this in my heart forever.

- MJJWhosBAD

When Im feeling down and lazy his music inspires me to work hard and keep at things, keep thinking about others, and in bad situations Keep the Faith and never give up. Also the general idea of just working as hard as you can to do the best you can do. NOt that this ideas were new to me, but he does put the motivation in me alot of times. I think of all the stuff he can do, all the crap he went through, his hard work etc.

-NesBoiy43

Thank You MJ Fans! :D We really appreciate your sharing of your lovely inspirations of MJ with us! Bravo! :clapping:

Last edited:

Michael has inspire me in so many way he has change my life as i see all of the things he has done i say to myself i want to be like Michael. I want to make this world a better place to live a safe place for the children who are the future of the world. We got to let them know you can make it never give up on your dreams encourage them let them know you love them and will be there to support them. Michael planted the seed and it is up to us to help it grow and to make this world a better place to live in. MJ you will always be apart of my life miss so much.

Back