How Many Unreleased Songs are Complete Enough for a Release?

Dark Lady isn't complete, but its enough to where it could be released on like a ultimate collection type of album. There's no telling how many songs are releasable, as all the songs that we know from that period may not be all the songs that exist from that period.
True, but as far as what's confirmed so far and what-not, those are all that we have unfortunately. And with the way that producers are gatekeeping most of the material, seems like I Was The Loser will be the only song that will have an official release.

Must be a reason though
Yeah the reasons practically comes down to not releasing them out of moral obligation.
That title has never gone down well with me. Unless it has a twist in the lyrics
It's practically the same song as I Am A Loser with the only difference being that MJ says "I was the loser" instead of "I am a loser". If you listen to the 2013 leak you practically already heard the song lol.

True, but as far as what's confirmed so far and what-not, those are all that we have unfortunately. And with the way that producers are gatekeeping most of the material, seems like I Was The Loser will be the only song that will have an official release.
I dont think I Was The Loser will officially be released. I mean i like it. Its a sweet song.

But its pretty obvious that the recorded vocals are only guide/demo vocals. I mean MJ is not mumbling like in People of the World for example. But he definitely isnt giving his all into the vocals. No way they can release it on a XSCAPE-kinda album.

I dont think I Was The Loser will officially be released. I mean i like it. Its a sweet song.

But its pretty obvious that the recorded vocals are only guide/demo vocals. I mean MJ is not mumbling like in People of the World for example. But he definitely isnt giving his all into the vocals. No way they can release it on a XSCAPE-kinda album.
Interesting perspective. Idk, it's Stranger in Moscow Lite. Ballads I hold to different standards than up tempos.

That's more than a bit vague my friend.

Is somebody selling a studio quality version of Ghost Of Another Lover and would they be interested in allowing us to Crowdfund to purchase it?
Use the PM function for such questions in the future.

But yes, indeed.
If one individual has the resources, that would also be discussable.

I‘d assume someone trustworthy wants to come and take a listen beforehand? If so, who would that be? PM please.

To whom it may concern: "firmware-god" is just someone who lies all the time. He already did so since he has started posting here.
Yeah it's pretty obvious at this point with his cryptic replies that answers nothing and with how he's trying to make money out of his lies now. It's like every once in a while we get some fake insider spewing whatever bullshit they can come up with.

Yeah it's pretty obvious at this point with his cryptic replies that answers nothing and with how he's trying to make money out of his lies now. It's like every once in a while we get some fake insider spewing whatever bullshit they can come up with.
Yeah lol, logs on and says a bunch of stuff that's been common knowledge for months and acts like it's a reason to believe.

To answer the question of the thread, very little. Nearly everything after 2005 is unreleasable. Dark Lady is one of the only exceptions. There's the rare occurrence of 2005-2009 material like I Am A Loser that's NEARLY complete. Hold My Hand and Best Of Joy were his last fully complete songs, both already released.
The OG version of best of joy never got released unfortunately

To whom it may concern: "firmware-god" is just someone who lies all the time. He already did so since he has started posting here.
This is something we should discuss in private, not publicly. I've offered opportunities to listen. Also, I never claimed to have GOAL. I was only asking if there is a chance someone might be seriously interested. All the other information is "public knowledge"! And if you don't believe me, go ahead and ask Brad Buxer or Michael Prince about the rest.

I'm interested in a discussion, not to offend anyone.

Last edited:
The song? It's apparently a very rough demo with Freddie and MJ adlibbing over a basic beat.
Yeah, it's rumoured to be a rough ad-lib improvisation with Peter Freestone slamming the bathroom door as a form of percussion, so not releasable. The demo of State Of Shock is the only remaining song from the MJ-Freddie sessions that's releasable.

Hot Fun only had a few vocals until they reworked it for Xscape. Buffalo Bill is 100% complete and I want to hear it so badly. Rolling The Dice is probably only a demo. Eaten Alive solo definitely complete. Attitude is unknown.
Rolling The Dice should have been released on Thriller 40.
Dark Lady isn't complete, but its enough to where it could be released on like a ultimate collection type of album. There's no telling how many songs are releasable, as all the songs that we know from that period may not be all the songs that exist from that period.
i feel like all complete songs should be on albums, nearly complete should be another ultimate collection, and demos or vocal takes of songs that made it should be on anniversaries.

Back