How much time you're a fan of Michael Jackson?

I love hearing everyone's story.. Sometimes I get so caught up in my own MJ experience (and as many here can relate) are so used to being THE Michael Jackson fan with people you know.. You almost can forget that others out there are like you..

I love hearing everyone's story.. Sometimes I get so caught up in my own MJ experience (and as many here can relate) are so used to being THE Michael Jackson fan with people you know.. You almost can forget that others out there are like you..

I agree, though because everyone seems to claim to be an MJ fan nowadays I kinda feel that way all the time. ;D

^ Very true.. all those years where people would make fun of me for being an MJ fan.. now, "Oh yeah I've been a fan for X amt of years.." Yeah right! they laughed at us If they heard that we liked Michael..

Bandwagon fans!

^ Very true.. all those years where people would make fun of me for being an MJ fan.. now, "Oh yeah I've been a fan for X amt of years.." Yeah right! they laughed at us If they heard that we liked Michael..

Bandwagon fans!

Yes!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!

This year 34 years and counting :blush:

It seems like a lifetime, hey! I always thought I was the only MJ fan too as no one seem to understand why I chose MJ :scratch:
Anyway, when I was a sweet 16 lol I only had ONE friend who then understood me and it was only in 1994, I discovered the 'fanbase' and then later when the net took over my life lol. I discovered the 'online community' in 2001 and the rest is HIStory as they say!
My very first MJ song I heard and intrigued me is "The girl is mine" :wub: I looked up the name of the artist and felt like an instant 'connection' so I had to check out his videos too. "Beat it " was the first video I laid eyes on and the 'spark' hit me. Right then and there, I literally fell in love with MJ :blush:

"Thriller" was my first album and cassette and I started to save every article and piccie of MJ. Family would always buy MJ stuff for me too.

Though, I never really seen MJ as an 'idol' maybe cause I'm an only child I saw MJ more as the bro' I never got and my 'best friend' :blush:

My entire life for me, if you can count it that way. My aunt and uncle LOVED Michael and they played his music around me a lot. I remember being really small and watching Moonwalker on my mom's old vcr, and I remember whenever I used to go to my grandparents house, my grandpa would put me in my car seat or sit me on his bed and let me watch the Thriller and Ghost videos. I'd like to say the love for him grew when I was about 8. I got my first MP3 player and my mom put his music on there. I couldn't get enough of it, lol.

in 1995 i got the history album as a present from my parents and played it 24/7. I was 6 years old.
still remember how i unpacked it and threw in cd1 first. :D

but before that, my parents were recording nearly every music video from TV and i watched them often (remember the time, black or white, jam were my favorites).

also my mother is a huge fan of the Bad era + album.

and some when in 1997 i went to a music store with my dad and he bought me the BOTDF cd. i didn't know that it was new and was pretty excited to hear it. my dad blasted it in his cars stereo right afterwards.

25 years since the video premiere of Black or White on MTV

Back