How much time you're a fan of Michael Jackson?

1988...sorta. Being obsessed with Michael on the Bad album cover.

I was 5 years old, and my brother who is 3 years older was a huge MJ fan so that was an influence as well.

I was eight years old, so it was probably the fall of '88 or spring of '89. One of my uncles was a fan, and played a cassette tape for me. I'm not sure what the first song was, but I'm guessing it was either "Beat It" or "Bad". I've enjoyed his music ever since, though now its so hard to listen without constant thinking of those damn accusations...ARGH!!!!!

Sorry, had to vent... (sighs)

I turn 30 on thursday, and I'm glad and so happy to be a fan for at least 29 years.

Been a fan since early 2000s but only became a hardcore fan after his death. And thankfully that was the case otherwise his death would have been too tough for me to handle.

I've been a fan for 14 years now. I started listening to his songs when I was only 12 years old. It all began after I saw a documentary about him on television and I was drawn to his mysteriousness. That really got me into him. Then, I started listening to his songs, one of the first ones being Thriller and Billie Jean, what else!
I used to ask my mom: ''Mom, did you listen to Mj when you were young, and what's your favourite song?'' ''Thriller'', my mother said, so that's how this all started. After getting to know all of his songs, I purchased al kinds of memorabilia like chewing gum from the 80s and old magazines. Good ol' memories

To be frank, I didn't know much about Michael until he suddenly passed away. Since then I started reading, watching, discovering and exploring more about him and eventually became his fan.

19 years. My dad put me the Dangerous album the day I was born. Can't even figure it out where the hell I was, Michael was already here.

My whole life! I literally don't remember not loving him, he is one of my earliest memories....

Since 1989? What was the first thing you saw or heard? Moonwalker?
A commercial for Captain Eo was the first thing I saw, and a cassette with songs from Thriller and BAD on it was the first I heard. Human Nature was pure magic and I couldnt stop listening to it :)

And you?

A commercial for Captain Eo was the first thing I saw, and a cassette with songs from Thriller and BAD on it was the first I heard. Human Nature was pure magic and I couldnt stop listening to it :)

And you?
I just love hearing how old people were and when that was and what got them started. Love the back stories, since there are so many generations.

Me-1969 and was watching the Hollywood palace variety show with my family on Saturday night. We all loved the show and I had been particularly looking forward to it cause Diana Ross was hosting and Sammy Davis was the guest and I adored both of them.

So I was plunked down on the floor in front of the tv and she brought Michael out. He was adorable. Then he and his brothers stole the show with their songs. Michael danced and "showed up both Diana and Sammy. It was great and funny and I couldn't believe his voice. I loved him from that second on.

I just love hearing how old people were and when that was and what got them started. Love the back stories, since there are so many generations.

Me-1969 and was watching the Hollywood palace variety show with my family on Saturday night. We all loved the show and I had been particularly looking forward to it cause Diana Ross was hosting and Sammy Davis was the guest and I adored both of them.

So I was plunked down on the floor in front of the tv and she brought Michael out. He was adorable. Then he and his brothers stole the show with their songs. Michael danced and "showed up both Diana and Sammy. It was great and funny and I couldn't believe his voice. I loved him from that second on.

That's great (y)

I was in High School during the second molestation allegations, that was a tough time to be a fan. Discussing him with another friend who was a fan was like discussing a drug deal or something. You were expected to do it in an abandoned classroom with the windows and doors locked, the lights out and somebody on guard outside the door. I thought that when the innocent verdict (the one I'd expected all along) came back that things would change, but they never did. To be a fan of Mike was about as socially acceptable as pissing in the street.

That all changed when he passed though. All these so called "life long fans" appeared out of nowhere to mourn his loss, people who'd done nothing but mock him and his fans now couldn't celebrate him quick enough. One thing I'm glad I can say about myself is that no matter how rough it got, I never wavered in my support of him and my belief of his innocence. I can look back with a clear conscience.

I discovered Michael through my uncle. He gave me his HIStory CD to listen to and from the first time I heard the first song on the first disc,I was instantly hooked. By doing more research and becoming a member on here and MJNO (R.I.P. to that great forum) really opened up new windows for me in becoming a fan. In such a short amount of time,Michael became a really big important part of my life (like Janet did and Lady Gaga would in 2009) and I started watching and studying him more and more. Before I knew it I became consumed as a super fan (or a stan if you prefer that term). Obviously being a fan caused a lot of people grief (this was before his death) and I was bullied without mercy,not only by kids at school,but adults as well. I had nowhere else to turn besides Michael. He was my only sanity (besides my family of course) from the noise. The day he died started just like any other day. I was with my sister and her (now ex) boyfriend at his house. We had gotten McDonald's for breakfast that morning. As the day progressed my sister (for whatever reason) turned on the news. She called for me and said that Michael was in the hospital. I had a panic attack and I was hoping he would pull through. A short time later she told me he died. I collapsed to the floor and burst into tears. How could someone so close to my heart vanish in the blink of an eye? She drove me home and I was awaited by my mom who gave me a big hug and cried with me. My dad had also left work early to console me as well. I got several phone calls over the course of the day from family and friends concerned about me which was very sweet,but it obviously didn't heal the hole in my heart that his death gave me. I was frozen in time after that terrible day. It took a very long time to truly come to terms with it. I've managed to live with the fact that Michael will never return to us,but it's definitely something I cannot and will not get over. Fast forward to seven years later (2016) and Michael has done so much for me. He (along with Janet and several other musicians) has given me strength and confidence to pursue my dreams and overall be a caring and giving person. I've auditioned for America's Got Talent in 2011,won first place at my high school's talent show,performed at an MJ fan event two times,and I plan to pursue a career as a celebrity impersonator,which I couldn't have done without Michael in my life.

Back