How often do you listen to MJ or The J5?

Sounds great, I never did all that. I was always too much of a loner. What was it like to meet other fans In real life? Did it all feel like there was a connection between all of you? How often would you meet the same people at places where MJ was showing up? I expect you bonded with some of them...
Meeting other fans was THE BEST!!!!! ❤️ We used to have a chatroom (yes, A chatroom…as in, ONE chatroom😂 The internet had only just become a thing and was still very nee) so I had met lots of fans in the chat from around the world. I always went to MJ’s concerts and to his hotel etc. alone but I was never alone.

For example, I’d go to the stadium around 3:30-4am on the day of the concert to wait at the gates so that I’d get into the front. (This was when the whole arena was standing space and the ticket price was same for everyone and not too bad..like around 70-90 dollars per ticket. So if you wanted to get to the front, you had to go esrly. The good old days, when it was possible to get to the front as a fan. Nowadays you only get to the front if you’re rich and pay 300-800 dollars per ticket!! It’s ridicilous!! It was way more fair back in the day and you could afford to ho to multiple concerts better!). Anyways, so I’d go there esrly and there was always fans there already and especially around 7-8am even more fans started coming. So you’d just sit on the ground and hang out and chat with other fans and talk about Michael and what concerts you’ve been to if any and some had photos of when they had seen Michael with them and would show them to other fans. So you got to know the fans and where they were from. And I always found some fans who I could go back to the city with in the evening or st least ho look for a taxi together. Because that was always my biggest fear, that I’d end up at the stadium alone at night. That would’ve been scary! But I think everyone had the same fear, so everyone always looked out for each other and helped esch other and made sure everyone got back safely. So we’d agree to stay at the front until we found esch other after the concert snd then ho look for a taxi together. It always worked out. Or you’d take the tube together into the city.

And when you went to Michael’s hotel, you always met tons of fans there…often the same ones, so you got to know everyone, if not personally, at least by recognizing their face or you got to know them by name. And you just asked if they go to the chatroom and what their name is and introduced yourself so that’s how you met in real life. 😃 Or you just met someone at the hotel and immediately became friends. I met one girl in Munich at Michael’s hotel during the press conference in 1999 and instantly became friends and we hung out at the hotel together during the whole MJ & Friends event and then met in London for the Sony Deno in 2002 and stayed at her aunts house and she came to visit me once at my place and I showed her my city and then when MJ had died in 2009, I visited her again in London and met her baby son. So yes, you made really good friends and met a lot of really nice people! Since everyone was from different countries from all around the world, you mostly only met them at the MJ events. So you were not only happy to see Michael, you were also happy to see everyone else again and it was always a good time! ❤️ You made so many menories by hanging out at Michael’s hotel for days with the same people! ❤️ You were just HAPPY! ❤️ Those were literally the happiest days of my life. I had SO MUCH fun!

I remember when I went to Warsaw in 2000 to see Michael. Michael was supposed to come there for some amusement park business meeting or something like that. Wayne (Nagin..MJ’s bodyguard), even was there the day before at the hotel MJ was supposed to be in to check it out but MJ then cancelled and didn’t come after all. 🥲 So me and some fans from Hungary and Bulgaria were stuck there because we had already come there for Michael and were supposed to stay 2-3 days. So we decided to hang out together and make the most of it anyways. So we decided to go explore the city. Exceot then there was this blizzard of all blizzards all of the sudden! It started snowing so much, you literally couldn’t see in front of you. So I bought a bunch of snacks and sidas and invited everyone into my hotel room and we hung out there and watched MTV all night and had a great time after all. We were disappointed that Michael didn’t come and we didn’t see him but we still had a geeat time together. So it was the fans who saved the day. ❤️

And when Michael died….I had booked flights and hotels to go see the show and couldn’t cancel them, so I decided to go to London anyways and attended the vigil. And I met with fans from here, from MJJ Community. We had 50 balloons and we wrote messafes for Michael on them and then let them go st the same time at the O2. ❤️ And I got to hang out with the MJJC fans the whole night so I wasn’t alone. That really helped! So once again…the MJ fans saved the day! ❤️

MJ fans really are the greatest, most caring people in the world. At least the ones I’ve met and who went to Michael’s hotel and concerts. Everyone loved Michael and also seemed to feel the same about Michael’s mission about healing the world and helping others. You were accepted the way you were, no matter what race, religion or color, no matter what clothes you were, no matter how loud or quiet, no matter how goofy or serious. You could just be yourself and you were always welcome to hang out with others and you never had to be afraid that you’ll be left alone somewhere, everyone always made sure that everyone’s okay. At least the ones I met.

Also Michael was always so nice to his fans. He’d always come to the window a lot and interact with the fans a lot and send messages etc. Sometimes he’d send pizza or hot chocolate to fans, etc. And if he wanted to sleep, he’d send someone down to ask if we could be quiet so he could get some rest, so we’d always respect that. He would show his kids to us (without masks!) and invite fans up to his room to meet him and his children (guys and girls…not ”little boys” 🙄) and fans were ALWAYS allowed to see his kids, he didn’t make his kids wear masks when fans came up to his room, he only protected them from the paparazzi and media and didn’t want them to see and photograph his kids). You were always able to hive him gifts, he’d send one of his bodycards to collect them. He’d invite fans to go to the amusement park with him. (I got to go with him too once with other fans. Everything was free. The press had to stay out. Michael really genuinly wanted to share and be kind. It is such a rare trait and since most of the people are selfish and wouldn’t dream of giving things to others for free or sharing, they can’t undersrand it and make it to be something sinister. 🙄 Michael truly was genuinly kind, caring and giving! ❤)

BEST memories of my life! ❤️

Thank you for the long detailed reply @summer it was a pleasure to read and it made me smile and sad. I regret not being there myself it sounds cosy, fun and carefree.
I’ve been to 2 concerts myself as a minor so it was never a possibility to travel the way you did.

Thank you for the long detailed reply @summer it was a pleasure to read and it made me smile and sad. I regret not being there myself it sounds cosy, fun and carefree.
I’ve been to 2 concerts myself as a minor so it was never a possibility to travel the way you did.
Thank you! ❤️ Yeah, those days were MAGICAL!!! 😍 You never knew where you’d see Michael next and most of the trips were very quick and spontanious! Like, you’d hear the day before that Michael was going to be somewhere and you just booked hotels and flights immediately and went the next day to see him!! 😍 The good old days and the life of a student where that was possible! And mind you, back then you needed a travel agency to book flights, you couldn’t do it all over the internet like right now so it wasn’t always that easy!! When I heard thst Michael was going to be in London in March 2009, my vacation had JUST started (talking about meant to be…!!! ❤️) but it was evening so I had to wait until the next morning for the travel agency to open. Went there as soon as it opened and said ”I need to be in London TONIGHT! I need a hotel room and flights! I have to go to the bank to change money and get my suitcase. I’ll be back in an hour to get the tickets! Oh and I need it as CHEAP as possible because my budget is like….let’s say…NOT MUCH!” I was on the plane to London by noon! 😬👍🏻😂😂😂 It was always so stressful and you were always worrying about the logistics but as soon as you saw Michael…it made it worth all the stress!! 😍❤️ I wouldn’t be able to do all that anymore now that I work and can’t just take off whenever I want to but back then I could go…if I had enough money (which wasn’t THAT often…I saved as much as I could and literally only ate spaghetti for six years straight because food was the only thing I could save money from so I saved every extra penny to be able to travel…who needs food if you can go see Michael instead 😍😬😂😂). I’d now have the money to travel but not the time. 🤔 Life. 🙄☹️

@summer

You definitely are a “seize the day” type of person, I always envied that. It is amazing what you experienced just by being outgoing and brave.
I couldn’t quite make it out clearly but did you end up meeting Michael at one point?

@summer

You definitely are a “seize the day” type of person, I always envied that. It is amazing what you experienced just by being outgoing and brave.
I couldn’t quite make it out clearly but did you end up meeting Michael at one point?
No..sadly I never met Michael, as in got to talk to him. 🥲 Partly my own fault. I WANTED to meet him…so bad!!! But I would’ve never wanted to meet him while knowing that I only met him because I “bothered” him and followed him every where he went. To me the limit was his hotel. I didn’t try to get inside of his hotel without being invited and if he left the hotel, I let him go and didn’t follow. I wanted to see him but I also wanted to give him his space and respect his privacy. I knew that a lot of fans got to meet him when he was shopping and out and about and maybe he didn’t mind it but he also kept saying in interviews how he can’t go anywhere and feels “trapped” so I didn’t want to be the one who bothers him. No judgement towards those who did, everyone has to do what they think is right, but it was just where I personally drew the line. I wanted Michael to feel comfortable if I ever met him. Other wise I would have just felt bad about it. 🥲 I did get to go to the amusement park with him but didn’t get to talk to him but he was just a couple of feet away. (Besides, I’m REALLY shy so I would have never had the courage to ask him for a hug or say anything the way other fans did! 🙀) The closest I got was also the last time I saw him in March 2009. 🥲 I had been in the front at the press conference at the O2 and I was in the first row at the barriers at his hotel and I always had the same banner with me when I went to see him through the decades…So when Michael came out of his hotel, when he was going to go see the musical Oliver, it first looked like he’d go straight into his bus…I waved at him and had my banner in front of me and he saw me and walked STRAIGHT to where I was, stopped in front of me and put his hands like this 🙏🏻 as to say thank you and then went to greet the other fans quick and then left. And that was the last time I saw him. 🥲 And I regret that I was so shy and like a mute and didn’t say a word. 🥲 I never screamed or cried or anything when I saw him. I always just smiled from ear to ear.😍 He must’ve thought I’m a mute if he ever recognized me because not a peep came out of my mouth…like ever!! 😳😂😂😂 I mean, I did do the chants and sang at his hotel but I was always more like 😃😍😊😄 than 🙀😩😱😭😵….when ever I saw him at the window or close by. 😂😂😂 But the fact that he came to ME instead of me chasing him down made seeing him the last time the most special. ❤️ I got to see him really close one last time without having bothered him. ❤️ And I was literally the ONLY one who didn’t run after him and follow him when he left the hotel. 😳😂😂😂 I have never seen a place clear up so fast!!!! 😂😂😂 I was like “Everyone left?!!!” 😳 I knew where Michael was going and knew that’s where all the fans went but like I said…that was against my own personal principles. So I was the ONLY fan left at his hotel. 😂😂😂 Literally! 😂😂

Amazing stories @summer very fun to read
It looks likely that he recognized your banner
Yeah, maybe? I don’t know for sure. I hope so. (I had written “We love you FOR ALL TIME!” on the other side of the banner and showed that to him at the press conference and at his hotel after the conference when he was at the window.) The only reason why I really wish that he revognized it is that I hope he knew how LOVED he was when he died and hope he knew that we were all still there, still supporting him and still loved him, and hadn’t gone anywhere and hadn’t left him despite the trial and everything. 🥲 That’s also why I put “for all time”….You know, “Maybe the walls will tumble…the sun may refused to shine…but when I say I love you…you gotta know that’s FOR ALL TIME”… That’s my only hope and wish….that he knew he was so LOVED by us all still. 🙏🏻🥲❤️

Yeah, maybe? I don’t know for sure. I hope so. (I had written “We love you FOR ALL TIME!” on the other side of the banner and showed that to him at the press conference and at his hotel after the conference when he was at the window.) The only reason why I really wish that he revognized it is that I hope he knew how LOVED he was when he died and hope he knew that we were all still there, still supporting him and still loved him, and hadn’t gone anywhere and hadn’t left him despite the trial and everything. 🥲 That’s also why I put “for all time”….You know, “Maybe the walls will tumble…the sun may refused to shine…but when I say I love you…you gotta know that’s FOR ALL TIME”… That’s my only hope and wish….that he knew he was so LOVED by us all still. 🙏🏻🥲❤️
I think he must have had a hunch he was still loved after witnessing hundreds of screaming fans 😜

Part1: how often do you consciously listen to MJ related music?
Every day. When I listen to music, it's mostly MJ, or he is still in my shuffle playlists.

Part2: What do you listen to when you decide to listen to MJ related music?
It's more focused on his solo years, but it's still a mix of all of them.

Part3: What kind of songs do you mostly listen to:
A mix of everything again. But I have a preference

angry songs >>>>>> ballads

I also tend to avoid the most famous songs.

Part4: What medium do you use to listen to his music?
Spotify and mp3. With some songs mostly Youtube, because I prefer watching the video.

Back