How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

41, and became a fan after Billie Jean in 1983 when I was 7yo, 35yo after no 1 week without his music in my hears ;)

I've been a fan and advocate since 1969 and I'm close to Michael, in terms of age.

I'm both surprised and pleased to see such a high percentage of under-25s and 25-40s here at MJJC.
Michael's legacy is strong and in good hands for many, many years to come!

:kickass::heart::heart:

I was 31 , the first time that i remember listened Michael was in my 6 , the first time I heard michael was on the TV, my parents and their friends were eating and the TV was on and michael came out on the news, they put a piece of the thriller videoclip and I remember being stuck watching TV. I loved that handsome guy playing zombie ... He was in my head many days and suddenly i heard his songs everywhere. A few days later put the movie the jackson on television and we saw it whole ... I was small but I remember that I felt very bad for michael because the movie ended with a famous but sad and lonely michael.
A few days later a report came out talking about his childhood with pictures of a child and an adult, i was fascinated, his music started playing in my head without stopping. Suddenly dangerous tour in Spain was announced.
his images came out in concert and my eyes followed every step he took when dancing ... they broadcast several videos of michael in hospitals with children and I heard him speak for the first time, I did not understand any English but he seemed kind, polite and shy, I loved her smile, I felt identified because I was also a shy girl and there I fell in love platonically for the first time, in my fantasy as a girl of six or seven years.

since then I listened to each song, I watched each report with great enthusiasm. I always filled their songs with energy and that is still happening today.
I was never a fan of screaming or going crazy, but I followed him for the rest of my life until today, thrilling with each appearance, each new song, each step he took and having a deep respect and admiration for him. I could never go to any of his concerts, this makes me very sad but I was very young and they did not take me and when I was older I did not have money to pay for it, however I watched all their concerts from the television and later from the internet. Over the years I was loving and respecting michel a lot more because of his way of being, for his kindness, I loved him for his spiritual and peaceful thoughts, for his charitable soul, for his depth, I love him for his sweetness and shyness, for his humility , for your desire to have fun and your inner child since I also feel an adult child, I loved him for his kindness and generosity, and grew listening to him, watching him dance, grew supporting and respecting him from a distance, was part of my life, his songs encouraged me in sad days and still do, I also felt a lot of pain when he suffered, and I faced my whole environment when they criticized him and I still do it at 31 years old.
I grew up with the feeling as a part of my childhood and it broke up when he died

to this day I keep listening to his music every day, he brings me energy and I still look spectacular every time I see his videos dancing and acting, he fills me with peace of energy and love with his songs.
I personally was fascinated much more his facet as a person, the humanitarian michael, kind amusing ... I feel a deep respect for him, he was able to cross borders and I personally reached my heart all his energy.

Over 40 been a fan for awhile i am older then Michael. He was born in 58 i was born in 57. My Saturday was special it was time to watch the Jacksons cartoon never miss a Saturday sat right in front of the TV with my bowl of cereal.

I’m 24 and sadly I only became a fan of Michael after his death. I obviously knew who he was before his death and occasionally listened to his big hits, but only after his death, I became a hardcore MJ fan and discovered the majority of his catalogue.

One of my biggest regrets is that I was born way too late to experience Michaelmania in the 80s. It must have been so cool being a Michael Jackson fan in the 80s. Sadly, I’ve to live with overrated artists like Drake, Weekend, Justin Bieber etc dominating the charts.

I'm 25. I just like his music. He's still most listent to in my music rotaiton. :)

I am 33 and became a fan in 1988 with moonwalker

I've been a fan since the late 80s probably. Rocking in my chair to billie jean and the way you make me feel. Always loved the clip of the latter. Remember being scared to dead from the thriller video. I watched it the first time at an uncle's house. He bought "the making of" and invited us to come watch it, it was really an event. First album I bought was Dangerous, remember taping every MJ song that was played on MTV. Also remember a tv broadcast of live in Bucharest. Finally I saw 2 HIStory concerts. I didn't realize then but now I'm very disappointed at MJ not singing live.

I'm 23. I feel like I've been a fan since as far back as I can remember my mum was a huge Michael fan so I feel I grew up with him as part of the family almost

She used to joke, that she knew I was going to be a Liverpool fan and a MJ fan because I'd always kick when either were on TV or radio

I'm 23. I feel like I've been a fan since as far back as I can remember my mum was a huge Michael fan so I feel I grew up with him as part of the family almost

She used to joke, that she knew I was going to be a Liverpool fan and a MJ fan because I'd always kick when either were on TV or radio

You are 50% likeable.

In August I will have 24. Fan since 2013-2014.

When the Xscape album came out, I was curious about it, and then I got hooked! I've been a fan for 5 years now, and I'm still a fan because Michael inspires me to bless anyone around me with good vibes.

I'm 22 turning 23 this summer. I growed up on Michaels music because of my parents especially my mother who had Bad on vinyl. I think my earliest memories of MJ would be from around 6 maybe 7 years old though. I remember that the thriller video really used to scare me ?. I wouldn't say that I became a hardcore fan until around 2009 unfournately when I was around 12-13 years old. So been into his music for at least 16 years but as a true fan more like the 10 past years now ?!

37. I've been a casual fan since the early nineties, and I might as well be a mega-fan now (anytime I defend him, haters think I'm a mega-fan). This Leaving Neverland débâcle has really struck a nerve with me; I knew those traitors were up to no good, but that they'd go that far... I'm now more into him than ever!

Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

Man... The videos and now the music... And his voice... Shit's like a perfect drink. I became a fan at 3 due to Michael's undeniable magic. I'm 16.

I'm 26 and I've been a fan for 10 years. He will always be in my

I'm gonna be 24 in a week, and I have been holding my MJ flag high since I was about 12. So I was a fan of him for only a little over a year while he walked this planet. Trips me out when I think about it sometimes...

17, been a fan since October 2020 when I listened to "Unbreakable" and made the nasty face when something's too good

Back