How would you feel about a 100% ALL MJ Album?

The closest thing we're probably gonna get to having a full album written and composed by MJ alone is the Bad album

I never said it couldn't be done, but putting an album together is more than just the music side. There's a lot of science that goes into it as far as the sound, quality, dynamics. It's a lot, and none of us know if MJ is skilled at the "science" in putting together the album.

i wouldn't be surprised if Mike got involved in the engineering process ever since working closely with Q and Bruce Swedien. and Bruce been with him ever since, 'til now.

but definitely not something you'd imagine Mike going at on his own. would be cool because these stages are just as creative, especially mixing. and because of that, i'd put my money on his involvement in, or at least overlooking it.

but some artist-musicians do their own post-production sometimes, as well as the technical side of recording it.

why why why why why whyyyyyyy that will be like a breath of fresh air. I'd love it.

Lmao, that made me crack up for some reason. .

Nah, I still believe "Stranger In Moscow" is the best song he's ever written...but eh, I have a love/hate relationship with that "Childhood" song. I do agree however that his voice sounds amazing in it. Haunting even.
:hysterical: me too when I first read it I busted out laughing.

btw I think childhood is an absolutely BRILLANT song, message, and well composed. Mike jax put his penny loafer in that song. Its amazing. A lot of song such as childhood, tabloid junkie, lost children, etc are under appreciated.

i wouldn't be surprised if Mike got involved in the engineering process ever since working closely with Q and Bruce Swedien. and Bruce been with him ever since, 'til now.

but definitely not something you'd imagine Mike going at on his own. would be cool because these stages are just as creative, especially mixing. and because of that, i'd put my money on his involvement in, or at least overlooking it.

but some artist-musicians do their own post-production sometimes, as well as the technical side of recording it.
I think they were very important to Michael's sound, just like George Martin was to The Beatles. If Quincy or George hadn't been involved, it would have been a totally different story now, lol.

What I mean by that, is how would you all feel about Michael writing and producing an entire album by himself without producers or anyone else to help? Do you think he could do it?

I would love it. "This Place Hotel" has always been my favorite Michael Jackson track. And except for Thriller, my favorite songs on each of his adult solo albums were written by him.

Because of his compositions in the past, I have total confidence that he has the ability to write his own full album. (Whether or not he wants to is a different story, LOL.) And regarding production, I think he has a good ear and plenty of experience to do that on his own as well.

I honestly think it would be amazing :)
He truly can do it, I am sure. And with no other people to sing in the songs but Michael that would be one amazing album. ^_^

I think they were very important to Michael's sound, just like George Martin was to The Beatles. If Quincy or George hadn't been involved, it would have been a totally different story now, lol.
definitely, the engineering behind those Swedien albums had some creative and innovative (Thriller) landmarks.

Swedien's half the reason why everyone recognises Billie Jean on the first two beats.

Back