Human Nature @ Wembley Vevo Premiere / AMAZING PERFORMANCE POST 1

Re: Human Nature @ Wembley Vevo/YT Premiere next week!!

I can't believe the conversation about the VHS/Umatic/Betamax/Film is still ongoing lol. It's a 24 year old VHS. MITM was on a large movie screen. We have an idea from the phone photo what it looks like on a big screen. We know it's not gonna be HD/Blu-Ray. We've known this since, what May? We have an even better idea of what to expect since yesterday. What's the issue at this point? Is it not time to perhaps except this and realise the options were limited? It is what it is.

Not just HD. Not HQ as well. HQ is Bucharest DVD quality so yeah.

Right, so the quality won't be as good as Bucharest? So what's the point thats being made at this stage?

Not to butt in, but my long-ish post earlier was to point out that people who think that the TV Spot and the documentary aren't representative of the final quality are getting their hopes up too high. It's going to be much more enjoyable when one accepts that the source is a VHS and that it's going to look like a VHS; a really good one, but a VHS nonetheless. I saw some comments about hopes that what we've seen thus far isn't the final quality, but I can 99% guarantee that it is. The Daybreak spot was the only one that was pre-restoration.

Right, so the quality won't be as good as Bucharest? So what's the point thats being made at this stage?

Point is that it's going to be (I hope) watchable enough VHS quality which is rather poor but considering circumstances it's ok.

Not to butt in, but my long-ish post earlier was to point out that people who think that the TV Spot and the documentary aren't representative of the final quality are getting their hopes up too high. It's going to be much more enjoyable when one accepts that the source is a VHS and that it's going to look like a VHS; a really good one, but a VHS nonetheless. I saw some comments about hopes that what we've seen thus far isn't the final quality, but I can 99% guarantee that it is. The Daybreak spot was the only one that was pre-restoration.

No at all Jesta. Thanks for your brilliant info. Most people have excepted that the quality is VHS. I'm just wondering at this stage, people that continue to talk about the visual quality, what their point is.

Have any of you guys that have spoken so passionately for the past 4 months about umatics vs beetamix vs film vs vhs created petitions, campaigns, written letters/emails to sony/estate, made phone calls etc?

Bored as hell. Perhaps premiere that Human Nature vid so I can check the quality already -_-

i just want the Human Nature premiere now to end all this discussion about the final quality, the quality will be like the tv spot. and to me that's extremely enjoyable when you consider the amateur versions on YouTube, I can enjoy them too. if it has Michael and if it has no crowd shots and 'decent' quality like the tv spot then I will not be complaining. I've wanted this DVD for so many years now so let's just come together and celebrate Michael with the Bad 25 package, if it was good enough for Michael's own personal use it's good enough for me.

SONY - just release HN PLEASE!!!

We are BORED !!!

Yeah.

Bring back the excitement - give us a trailer, maybe 30 sec snippets of all songs on disc 2.

Time is moving so slowly!!

The difference between the Wembley DVD and any other youtube Bad Tour vids will be the crystal clear, multi-track audio. It will make such a difference.

The documentary is pre-restoration as well. It was completed before the restoration was. Spike wanted to complete the documentary in time for release by the end of the year but the Estate wasn't done. Thus, they hurrily gave him a direct clip from the VHS (according to my source). The TV ad is the final quality.

The difference between the Wembley DVD and any other youtube Bad Tour vids will be the crystal clear, multi-track audio. It will make such a difference.

Agreed!

Audio will be perfect!

Can't wait! - It will be great!

so smooth criminal in the tv add was final quality on the DVD?

and what about Billie Jean?

to be honest:
the DVD will be great! as long I can see MJ performing It's ok!
I hate those people that always expect more and more...
be satisfied with the stuff we have!
I think vevo will upload it in 480p and those unthankful f*ckers will complain again.
I'm sorry for my language but someone had to say this.

I will be happy if the quality is like Smooth Criminal in the tv spot.

I will be happy when the DVD is released!

Quoted for truth:

to be honest:
I think vevo will upload it in 480p and those unthankful f*ckers will complain again.

Thank You!

I know why i'm a fan of MJ & not of his "fans".

A little greatfulness & also a little patience would help a lot.

Basics which little kids are thought everyday!

Come on already...!

While you've got this :D

1q4fgl.jpg

I think the quality will be pretty much the same as the TV spot, just a little less because of the compression. So the final quality i believe will be perhaps a little better then the tv spot.

While we wait enjoy this great great MJ performance!

Dirty Diana live MSG 1988.

yeah, the final quality will be slightly better then the tv spot I think. GOOD NEWS!! :D

to be honest:

AFAIK the actual quality/resolution capability of VHS is not much greater than 420p anyway (330x480), so if VEVO upload it at 420p resolution (as long as it's done well) then that should be roughly the same as the released DVD.
People dismiss the clips we've seen because they're on Youtube/Vevo (as if that reduced the quality), but both are capable of streaming at 720 or even 1080 so in fact can easily represent a VHS quality video perfectly. When people say "it's only a Youtube quality video so don't worry, it'll be better on the DVD" it does not make sense to me. Sure, some Youtube videos aren't created very well by the people who upload them, and so the quality suffers, but assuming the uploader does it properly the youtube clips should be the same as the DVD.

While I think about it, I don't think we know much about MJ's VHS.
Was it standard VHS or S-VHS? S-VHS was introduced in the late 80s with higher than standard resolution - 560x480. Either way (VHS or S-VHS) Youtube and Vevo are technically able to reproduce the picture quality.
Was it recorded in Short Play (SP) or Long Play (LP)? It's unlikely to be Long Play given the duration of the concert but if it is, it would reduce the picture quality.

i was impressed by the quality on the tv spot, it's most likely like that throughout!

Back