Hurricane Sandy

Mariajoaosilva

Guests
After hearing the news,hearing how bad things are for people in NY,and everybody afected by the hurrican Sandy,i think that we,as a community,should unite and help our MJ brothers that might be in need of something.

I thought about asking everybody who was affected by the storm,to say how he/she is,and if they are need of anything.

I think we should find a way to help somehow(ideas and volunteers to help,needed),as from what i heard,half town of NY has no electricity,so people can't do anything,like cooking,for example.

Please MJ brothers affected by this tragedy,let us know how you are,help find brothers in need,and tell us what and how we can do to help.

Stay safe,and God Bless you all.

I was in the direct path but luckily didn't receive any damage. I didn't lose electricity, but the lights blinked often. My work office didn't have electricity at all today. The Jersey shore got hit pretty hard.

Great MusicMan26 :ciao:

I couldn't sleep anymore when it was only about 6 am so I got up and popped on my PC showing Yahoo News... I was watching the speech of President Obama and I thought what could I do to help the people that are affected... We ONLY had rain here :blush:

President Obama really made an impression of :better: of me as he said "Care for your neighbours and make sure no one is left behind" He also gave Blessings to the RED Cross and said that we could 'donate' to the RED cross to help them in their 'search and rescue'... I checked out the site here... http://www.icrc.org/eng/index.jsp Sadly, I couldn't NOT find the Paypal link but anyone who can HELP to donate PLEASE do...

I can ONLY tell you... You are in my thoughts and prayers :angel:

Stay save and well...

I hope you who are there are ok.
I think about all the homeless people and animals too,with no safe place to go.

I heard because of Sandy hits the coast Quebec and Southern part of Ontario got high damaging winds and got thousands with their power knocked off and most of Ontario including my area got northern winds and cold rain.

I live right around where Sandy hit. Luckily where I live in the affected area we only lost power for almost a minute. And before that it just flicker a couple times or so. In the county that I live in 170,000 people are without power. Maybe it is probably less than that now. I'm glad we are not a part of that. Worst damage came when our 1 pine tree in the back yard. Was torn right out roots and all right out of the ground. That tree was near our power lines so thank God that tree did not hit them. If it did we definitely will be without power. As probably no phone service as well. Since our phone line is right near where the power lines is as well. We still haven't figure out what we are going to do with that tree now. Other besides that tree of ours. Me, my mother, her husband, my 2 cats, and as well as everyone else in my neighborhood is just fine. And the only other thing that I know of that got damage is out door thermometer which was on the kitchen window. The wind was that strong to make that thermometer to come off the window like it did. So of course that has to get replace now. I'm just really thankful my aunt and uncle no longer live in New Jersey. Because where they had lived in New Jersey they were only about 10 or 15 minutes away from the beach. And New Jersey was harder hit than my state Pennsylvania was hit.

It´s nice to hear you are ok MJsBollywoodGirl7 .

I hope everyone is okay and safe, I'm keeping you all in my prayers

((((((((((((((((((((((((Daryll))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Kaleen-jean,Pop,I hear that the Sandy was/is in your country,and caused some damages too.How are you?Stay safe ok?

MJsBollywoodGirl7...OMG...i wonder if it was your home i saw on tv???In the news i was mentioned a pine tree,they showed how the house and tree are,and it was even said thatthe tree helped somehow preventing the worst?
what a mess it is there now...but what a lovely place too.please stay safe,and let us know how everthing goes ok?

MJTheKing,Speachless09,Me too. ;)

Sunflowers,i pray and hope that the people who are not well,find a way to ask for help,and are helped.Even if i am very happy and reliefed to know that our MJ brothers are well,It's the ones we don't hear from,that worry me most,even if i can't do anything for real,i can pray,and try to find help somehow.

[h=2][/h]

Ashtanga...happens the same here dear.
Just a radom question...you are from Brazil??really???what town?

((((((((((((((((((((((((Daryll))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Kaleen-jean,Pop,I hear that the Sandy was/is in your country,and caused some damages too.How are you?Stay safe ok?
[h=2][/h]

I'm in Alberta and about as land locked as I can get... but thanks for the concern
I'm still hopping everyones Ok and can get what repairs need to be done fixed before it gets cold out there

just popped in to 'read' if you guys were okay :ciao:

WOW, MJsBollywoodgirl... You definitely have an :angel:watching over you and your family...

Sending all my :heart: to everyone... Stay save :better:

Nice to hear some of you living around the area are safe!
I really hope everybody else of this Forum, and all other people living close by or which have lost their homes, have found a safe haven for as long as this tragedy lasts!!
My prayers & thoughts are with all of you during these dangerous & devastating times!! :heart:

Kaleen-Jean,stay safe ok?

(((((Daryll748))))))))))))))))))))))

Sunnie23,Amen dear. :)

Stay safe you guys and hang in there. I know the aftermath will be just as trying.

I have a very close friend in NY. His place of employment, as with many, is closed due to the storm.
It's just as well since his only means of transportation is the subways, which are severely flooded.

MJsBollywoodGirl7...OMG...i wonder if it was your home i saw on tv???In the news i was mentioned a pine tree,they showed how the house and tree are,and it was even said thatthe tree helped somehow preventing the worst?
what a mess it is there now...but what a lovely place too.please stay safe,and let us know how everthing goes ok?[h=2][/h]

Sorry I meant to ask you this sooner. Was this house that you saw had white stone with yellow siding on it. And with green shutters. And a brown roof. If it was than maybe it quite possibly was my house that you saw. But the one thing about that pine tree of ours. We were kind of thinking about having it taken down any way. Since it was nearly half dead anyway. My mother had notice all summer long that tree was dying any way. Probably from the lack of rain we tend to get anymore. After that tree had fallen even I saw parts of it where it was already dead. That storm in a way took care of the cost it would have been. For us to hire some guys to have it taken down. That storm practically did it for free for us.

Last edited:
im glad to hear that some ppl weathered the storm okay. i was devestated to hear all the east coast was torn apart. i particularly was upset about the boys who were snatch from their mother's arms only to be found dead later. i lived in jersey all my life and have family in egg harbor. i live in philadelphia and my husband works in bucks county where all the devastation happened he is working around the clock on his job to get things back in order. i felt so much pain over the past couple of days because of the storm and all the horror i saw. i did do my part and give money but i usually give all year long anyway and my husband has money taken out of his check. i will totally miss going to the barrier islands in the summer it was my favorite place to be .

let us not forget the ppl in staten island who were left there for five days and could not leave the island. you know when the Debates were going on i was screaming at the tv about what the two of them would do if there was a natural disaster and its funny how that question is never asked ppl need to concentrate on that when selecting their government officials , how they react in a time of crisis says what kind of individual they are. its ironic that after that there actually was a natural disaster. i was luck enough not to have a tree fall on my home but a power line fell on my street though. i heard all these sirens tried to go outside but the wind blew me back in.

ppl just know that we are all here for you and will keep donating at least i will, and also realize that some of those in trouble are our jackson fans. lets not forget that. maybe even ppl who were on this site. let us all show a plethora of love for them all. i will pray and donate continually.

MJsBollywoodGirl7....dear i can't remember all those details you mentioned about the house.I rememeber seeing it on tv,and being very worried with the people that lived there...but details like the ones you mentioned,i really don't know....sorry...
Is everything ok now?please stay safe,and God bless.

Whateverhappens50,wow...Bless your heart and soul for being the way you are dear!
More people were like you,thisworld would be a much better place to live for sure.
I wish you and your husband the best of lucks.You 2 are in my prayers,as it is everybody that suffered somehow with all this.
Please take care,be safe,and keep being the way you are.

I've got two MJ friends (MJJC members as well) who live in NY. I've heard from one who lives near the bronx and is ok with only minor problems but not heard from the other directly but appears to be ok. The storm was crazy!

Back