I Almost Died Yesterday...

It's not the system which has to work, it's you who has to make the system work for you. The system has to become your tool.
Like a bicycle or car which will bring you nowhere if you don't start it and do not direct it.
Do not give up on yourself please!

I won't, but I honestly think that sort of approach isn't for everyone.

I won't, but I honestly think that sort of approach isn't for everyone.
Therapy is surely not easy and takes a lot from ppl. To find a good and somewhat 'matching' psychiatrist etc. that's sometimes complicate and all...

... but opposing to the effect on the organs and general the body taking medication has... and also the danger of overdosing... therapy has advantages.

Well yep it's surely your choice.

Take care! Don't mix meds, body develops level of tolerance, and increasing dose doesn't help. On contrary it does more damage.
Wish you all the best.

:give_flowers:

Sorry to revive this thread, but god I haven't been able to get a proper night's rest since The Incident. It seems I go to bed tired, and wake up even more exhausted, despite having done nothing outside the ordinary during my waking hours. My joints are starting to hurt again. The pain is distracting and bothersome--I've been to the medic in the past, but they're not of much help. It seems to worsen at times of great stress/emotional distress--like now, for example, only a week after I nearly died. I sometimes have flashbacks of the hospital, which aren't pleasant, but it seems the bulk of the after-effects are concentrated in my joint pain/general fatigue, mental exhaustion despite great hours spent at rest. It seems, the more I sleep, the more tired I am when I wake up. I don't know how much more I can take.

Sorry to revive this thread, but god I haven't been able to get a proper night's rest since The Incident. It seems I go to bed tired, and wake up even more exhausted, despite having done nothing outside the ordinary during my waking hours. My joints are starting to hurt again. The pain is distracting and bothersome--I've been to the medic in the past, but they're not of much help. It seems to worsen at times of great stress/emotional distress--like now, for example, only a week after I nearly died. I sometimes have flashbacks of the hospital, which aren't pleasant, but it seems the bulk of the after-effects are concentrated in my joint pain/general fatigue, mental exhaustion despite great hours spent at rest. It seems, the more I sleep, the more tired I am when I wake up. I don't know how much more I can take.

:( I'm sorry to hear you're feeling tired and unwell.... Maybe the accumulation of sleepless hours and mental fatigue/unrest got over you. What have doctors told you about that when you paid them a visit, or did they give you a prescription of the things you need to do and/or take?.. The emotional blows took a toll of you, I'm sure, esp in light of your recent quasi-tragedy. My experiences with emotional distress would manifest through fatigue, as well, general discomfort, even chest pains and tachycardia (been through hell during the course of a few years because of that), as well as terrible back pains and the feeling of not being able to breathe properly...

My suggestion to you... maybe before visiting a doctor, is to maybe avoid computer/Internet use for a couple of days at least (though that can be really hard, can attest to that), but it's proven that navigating the net doesn't really help the brain and increases the chances of one to become more frustrated and sad... If you can find a way to maybe retire in some corner and, don't know, meditate a bit, clear the head, go for a walk in the park, if you can... and get some good rest. Unslept hours/nights are really serious foes, some would need a longer period of time to recuperate them, especially when a heartache or emotional and mental anguish occur. ... If this state doesn't go away in a few days, then I really suggest you should contact your doctor or get your brother or parents to call them for you... Emotional blows like that can lead to serious depression that will take very much to cure, you feel debilitated, very vulnerable... Man, I personally will never forget the way a terrifying female doctor "predicted' the chances for me to recover from depression are slim to none (after June 25...), I spent two days emotionally crippled by that shocking fear, one's gotta be a bit mental to do that to a devastated being like I was........

Wish you the best... I empathize with your situation, it would be a blow to many what happened to you... Take care.. and please, don't do anything extreme again... We're here for you.

Last edited:
Back