I Am a Fan, But... (What Makes You Heretic Among Other Fans?)

Dangerous Tour was the best tour he'd ever done, and it's not even close.

He only became a true spectacle once he'd broken away from those leeches, or 'brothers' as they call themselves.

'It's the Falling In Love' is absolute garbage and easily the worst song on the OTW-Invincible stretch.

I've only ever been a fan of the solo stuff, and only like the tour versions of the Jacksons stuff (i.e half of the Yokohama set-list, him doing it solo)

The fact we don't have a modern legitimate Michael album made by him is one of the biggest tragedies musically right now.

Baby Be Mine deserves more love. Easily the most underrated song on Thriller

The Lost Children is the worst song he ever produced. Absolutely atrocious, how that ever saw the light of day amazes me. Shambolic.

Shambolic? Seriously? What a strange word to use to describe it. I love The Lost Children. It's very heartfelt/sincere and one of the best songs on Invincible. I especially love all the enchanted forest soundbites at the end, with those flutes playing etc, so atmospheric and otherworldly. Truly a song only MJ could create.

to me, this is the best song on Invincible. I love the childrens choir, it's my favorite part. the songs I love the most are the ones he created about the things that meant a lot to him. and this is one of those songs. it's one thing to not like the song, each to their own. but it is far from shambolic? eh... :eek:hno:

Hahaha. Don't get me wrong, I think SIM is a good song, but I just adore so many songs on HIStory and I remember being gutted when they picked this to be a single, just because I felt like there were at least five or six better songs that I really wanted to see a video for (namely, Tabloid Junkie, History, Money, Smile and Little Susie).

I've checked with the authorities and it turns out you're wrong on this.

I'll give you not caring much about TWYMMF but SIM is possibly his most beautiful, heart wrenching, gut churning, honest and best sung song of his career.

The minimal production with his low key beat boxing combined with those stunning auto biographical lyrics (swift and sudden fall from grace) make SIM one of his best. Definitely worthy of a single., and one of those records alongside Who Is it, Give In To Me and WYBT that I wish people would associate more with MJ rather than the usual pop songs.

Yeah, I kinda know I'm wrong about it. Everytime I put it on I always end up thinking "wow, this song is so much better than I always give it credit for." But for some reason I rarely go to play it.

I guess it's because it's one of those "mood" songs, where you've kinda got to be in the right frame of mind to put it on. That far-away, looking out the window on a rainy day, melancholic feeling... I know I'm just describing the music video there, but I don't often get in that place, so most of the time I tend to skip over SIM. But I get where you're coming from.. it's pure art.

YES!! I knew I was right.

Now, about that Invincible........

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES.

I wish Michael had pierced his nose or at least wore a fake piercing. Long black curls + nose piercing + Bad costume -> mikegasm

Dying hair purple would suit him, too. But that's not a heresy because Portuguese-speaking fans seem to support this unanimously.

Childhood and SIM are more heartfelt, sincere and are superior tracks musically and lyrically than TLC. The most boring released track composed by him.

I didn't like his straight hair. When he wore the wig with the curls for This Is It it made me very happy. So hot!
I love the HIStory tour. I don't care that the whole thing is lip synched, I'm loving his body in that gold! :heat:

I love the HIStory tour. I don't care that the whole thing is lip synched, I'm loving his body in that gold! :heat:

aaww yeah. if everything else fails, just focus on his ass/thighs/crotch. gold goodness :swoon:

The most boring song he's ever released is Privacy

Last edited:
to me, this is the best song on Invincible. I love the childrens choir, it's my favorite part. the songs I love the most are the ones he created about the things that meant a lot to him. and this is one of those songs. it's one thing to not like the song, each to their own. but it is far from shambolic? eh... :eek:hno:

I respect your opinion, but it's rubbish, and not even close to being the best song on the album. Better than Whatever Happens? Not in a billion years.

I liked his voice the best when he was in full swing puberty because you could hear both his young and mature voices in one song :)

I hardly ever listen to invincible

I respect your opinion, but it's rubbish, and not even close to being the best song on the album. Better than Whatever Happens? Not in a billion years.

I respect your opinion, too. so lets just keep respecting each others opinions and move on. no sense in keep telling each other what we like/don't like about this song. we clearly don't agree, and that's not going to change, no matter what I say to you, or what you say to me...so lets just leave it at that

You Are Not Alone is one of weakest tracks on HIStory (But it's still a sweet song)

The Earth Song performance on the HIStory Tour with the crying and the tank always makes me cringe.

I don't mind the tank, I love drama, I enjoyed the concert and I was entertained. Bad Tour had the best vocals, he wasn't sick but it's nowhere near as entertaining as HIStory Tour is. Not just because of the props, Michael's dancing was superior.

The Earth Song a cappella part during the Royal Brunei concert is way too squeaky. Never liked it. I prefer the WMA's ad libs any day.

Last edited:
The Earth Song a cappella part during the Royal Brunei concert is way too squeaky. Never liked it.

I have to check the law... - Is it even legal to say this?? :lol:

Earth Song acapella at Brunei Royal concert is some of the best live vocals from 1993-2001.

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES.

I wish Michael had pierced his nose or at least wore a fake piercing. Long black curls + nose piercing + Bad costume -> mikegasm

Dying hair purple would suit him, too. But that's not a heresy because Portuguese-speaking fans seem to support this unanimously.

I like guys with piercings, but I don't think it would go with Michael's image. The buckles and a facial piercing would've been way too much. The poor guy would've probably gotten a lot of crap about it, too. But thanks for the mental image, I'm now trying to picture him with purple hair :D :D

- Michael's voice sounds whiny in Childhood.
- Michael's make-up often looked unflattering and overdone. Don't understand why he stuck with Karen for so long.
- Just Good Friends > Heal The World
- Michael relied too much on playback during his performances. No amount of fireworks and spectacle can make up for that. That is why I'll always prefer the Bad tour over the Dangerous and HIStory tours. I have only ever seen snippets of the last two tours on YT and had no interest in seeing more. I wished Michael had done a stripped down acoustic concert at some point just to remind everyone what an amazing vocalist he was.

jCt2K.gif

^There were times when he look better than others, yes but how can you even attack his makeup when you don't have either no pigment on your skin, have blotches or the butterfly rash lupus does? The worsened his diseases became, the more makeup Michael wore.

^There were times when he look better than others, yes but how can you even attack his makeup when you don't have either no pigment on your skin, have blotches or the butterfly rash lupus does? The worsened his diseases became, the more makeup Michael wore.

I'm not talking about that. I understand why he needed make-up, I just don't think Karen did a very good job at it. But he was still handsome either way, don't get me wrong :)

I have to check the law... - Is it even legal to say this?? :lol:

Earth Song acapella at Brunei Royal concert is some of the best live vocals from 1993-2001.

LOL. :D

I was probably a bit too harsh here. "Never liked it" is too strong, still my point remains that I prefer the WMA's ad libs over the Royal Brunei ones.

His make up got heavier since 1993-1994. Michael still looked gorgeous most of the times even though he was heavily made up, his least flattering years IMO were 2001-2003. Having such disfiguring auto immune disorders it must be difficult to give him a favorable make up all the times. And we don't know if the heavy eyeliner and red lips were Michael's personal preference, they got well with his outfits on many occasions.

Last edited:
- Michael's make-up often looked unflattering and overdone. Don't understand why he stuck with Karen for so long.

I just don't think Karen did a very good job at it.
if you don't mind me asking, what was it that was so bad about his make up? I'm not much of a make up expert, I never wear it myself. and I can't really tell? so I'm curios as to what you mean with "unflattering and overdone"

Back