I Finally Understand Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Presley is a Scientologists.
She says whaterver the Scientologists tell her to say.

Nobody knows really what went on in that marriage and the problem with Lisa Marie is that she has been very inconsistent with her views regarding MJ to the point where I can not take her seriously. We have only heard her side of the marriage so I do not know what to believe.

I don't know. She comes across to me as a very honest person.

I agree with this.
I remember reading in an interview about her and Michael's sex life and she said " I'd know because i've been around ". That's honesty for you haha, i know i wouldn't admit this in public if i've ' been around '. I still find it weird that she's a scietologist. She seems like one of those people who would deviate against any form of establishment and continually do her own thing. She seems like a rebel.

I agree with this.
I remember reading in an interview about her and Michael's sex life and she said " I'd know because i've been around ". That's honesty for you haha, i know i wouldn't admit this in public if i've ' been around '. I still find it weird that she's a scietologist. She seems like one of those people who would deviate against any form of establishment and continually do her own thing. She seems like a rebel.

Yeah, I think that's kind of strange - her being the rebel she is and being a Scientologist at the same time. I think her mother got her into that, the same way Michael's mother got him into Jehova's Witnesses. But I honestly think that had nothing to do with their marriage. Michael never turned into a Scientologist, did he?

I have no doubts they genuinely loved each other and that she did what she could to her best ability to stand by Michael. Love doesn't always solve everything though, and if she couldn't tollerate his behaviour on the bad days you cannot blame her for eventually admitting she couldn't take it any longer and divorcing him. It must've been heartbreaking for both of them.

But she was hurt, Lisa Marie has never been one for lying - she'll always say exactly what is on her mind, even since a child. Michael left her several times, she was hurt, he never lived up to his side of the marriage. I think she had a right to say some of those things.

I agree. I somewhat feel that she should have kept her feelings private, between her and her family and friends. However, she probably felt like she had to explain why the marriage fell apart so quickly, especially with all the rumors that it was a "sham."

I like Lisa Marie's music. Does anyone else?

Is the song "Important" on her first album about Michael?

I don't think Michael was hurt by the things she said. I bet he knew how she felt. I guess she didn't fight THAT much with him during the divorce as the reason for the divorce was all the vampires around him, and she had her kids to take care of. She met him on HIStory tour after their divorce, have you forgotten? We have no clue what happened at that time, and if they have been in touch the last years..

According to Lisa, Michael apparently asked her not to talk about their marriage or whatever, and then she got pissed when he said she had regrets not having his kid. And that's when she went all negative nancy. LMP is a classless...ummm...I can't think of anything nice to add after that. And if I recall correctly Michael WAS ASKED and he was NOTHING BUT respectful towards her. Hell, back in '97 he still had a friggin' pic of a 7 year old Lisa Marie on his night stand. Do I think Michael was a saint? No...but the man NEVER disrespected her in ANY WAY...ESPECIALLY not publicly!

And the fact that she said he MANIPULATED her...and she questions his timing on them getting together? And yet she calls what they had "real"? LMAO! No doubt I believe it was real, in all her years she looked HAPPIEST when she was with Michael! And the woman claims that after their divorce was finalized she had nothing to do with him. Hm, I guess she forgot how even when he was with Debbie, Michael and Lisa were seen OUT together and were even photographed kissing! In '98! During his marriage to Debbie! And she took her kids to see him in concert and they were all back stage at one of his HIStory concerts. And their divorce was over by early '96! Did he manipulate her then too? Give me a flippin' break!

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED on that racist mother of hers...yeah I said it...She can go jump off a bridge for all I care.

What about when "a family friend" of her family came out and said (I quote) "We've all agreed her second marriage was a mistake!" Ummm RIIIIIGHT!

Even her younger brother said "Well when her and Michael were here they didn't act like a married couple..etc." I mean really what kind of crap is this! I know after their divorce Janet and Lisa seemed to become BFFs. LMP was even on J's "Velvet Rope" album in one of the interludes...Did you see any of the Jacksons coming out and saying crap about Lisa? HELL NO!

I can still remember when she was on Larry King during the trial and she called what was happening "a blessing" because it took the focus from their relationship or some crap...WTF! Michael was fighting for his life in every way possible and she called THAT a blessing?

Not to mention ever interview she did while she was "promoting" her albums in which she answered questions about Michael. She could have taken the high road, like Janet and said she didn't want to answer questions about that and be done with it!

I remember when Ms. Bain came out and addressed whatever Lisa had said during the Trial in an interview (I think it may have been in Australia) and Ms. Bain just said Michael wished her nothing but the best etc...VERY classy.

Here's my personal opinion on the matter, Lisa wanted to SAVE Michael, based on what she said, and I also think she may have even seen a bit of her father in Michael and her being the "helping person" she claims to be went about trying to "save him". Michael didn't need saving, he needed to be LOVED simply for who he was/is! THAT'S ALL!

LMP leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and her actions over the last several years have shown her true colors. She's contradicted herself SO MANY times over the last several years...I take whatever comes out of her mouth or in her blog with a damn grain of salt.

Last edited:
Here's my personal opinion on the matter, Lisa wanted to SAVE Michael, based on what she said, and I also think she may have even seen a bit of her father in Michael and her being the "helping person" she claims to be went about trying to "save him". Michael didn't need saving, he needed to be LOVED simply for who he was/is! THAT'S ALL!

And what does that mean according to you - not needing to be saved, but loved? Does being loved mean that the one who loves you should just stand by watching how you destroy yourself without trying to say or do something? Is that love? In my opionion if you really love somebody and you see he has problems you do want to save him, that's totally normal. I would doubt Lisa's love for Michael if she would not have wanted to save him.

I like Lisa Marie's music. Does anyone else?

Is the song "Important" on her first album about Michael?

I like Dirty Laundry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjQ4SmptIyQ

And it's especially fitting in these days. :(

Lisa Marie's songs are all from her experience so I am sure there is one or more songs about Michael on her albums. I kind of feel "Sinking in" is about Michael:

Lyrics by Lisa Marie Presley

This is a drag that it's too late now.
And I wanted to tell you that I was wrong.
I didn't realize I still hold on to you but I still do.
Was it that I turned everyone against you.
Was it that I didn't defend you.
Was it that I never had your back.
Was it that I was always trying to save you and you never wanted me to.
Or was it that I loved you.
You don't seem to see me sinking in do you.
You're not content in your own head are you.
You just want to kick me once again don't you.
Don't you baby.
I did it again.
I don't stop paying.
You don't look so good to me my friend.
Is it because of me I really left this time.
Did you ever say goodbye.
Was it that I had a crush on your friend.
Was it that I left for another man.
Was it that I didn't know.
That you were in over your head and I didn't see what I had did I.
No, I didn't and uh.
(Chorus)
Was it that everyone would just kiss my ass.
I couldn't see through it and you could.
And now look what's come of us here ten years later.
I jump from one to the other, you're still worrying your mother.
And I almost went under baby.
(Chorus)

Sinking in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx_bmdvpTqc

Last edited:
I was thinking about Lisa's last blog and I can finally understand why she divorced Michael

she probably still loved him but it becomes a little unbearable when you have to experience all the craziness around him on a daily basis. Just look at us - fans - we follow his every move and devote our lives to him... isn't that almost like a second job???

I understand that loving someone is a good thing, but too much of anything is bad...including too much love...

I, for one, feel a tad liberated because I can finally stop obsessing over where Michael is and what he will do tomorrow....

don't get me wrong, I wish he was still here...but I also feel that I can finally start living my own life

he was simply to good.... so good that I couldnt spend a second not thinking about him. was that good for me? no...but I liked it

i think thats how lisa felt too
I think I already said it too that I think I can understand LMP a bit better now after reading her blog.

For me, Michael made my life so much more colorful, it was like you never know what to expect when you're a Michael Jackson fan. It was always something unexpected of what he did next. Now those days will never come back and in a way we can now focus on our own life...if we have any.
I'm seriously thinking of letting go of this all. The fandom. I'll always have the music and the films and I'll always love Michael but this fandom... I'm quite tired of it. On the other hand I love you guys and with you I don't feel as alone, but maybe it's just time to let go.

I dunno I like LMP her personality (not mj related) seems cool, granted I believed that they were attracted to each other, however it always seems that she regretted marrying MJ IMO, simply judging by her reactions when asked about their marriage, IDK. Like (to her) it was MJ being "weird" or abnormal is why she was with him. And also this whole MJ being manipulative, I ain't feelin' it, nor do I understand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsRK0GFSF-k
(Diane Sawyer needed a damn slap)

Last edited:
According to Lisa, Michael apparently asked her not to talk about their marriage or whatever, and then she got pissed when he said she had regrets not having his kid. And that's when she went all negative nancy. LMP is a classless...ummm...I can't think of anything nice to add after that. And if I recall correctly Michael WAS ASKED and he was NOTHING BUT respectful towards her. Hell, back in '97 he still had a friggin' pic of a 7 year old Lisa Marie on his night stand. Do I think Michael was a saint? No...but the man NEVER disrespected her in ANY WAY...ESPECIALLY not publicly!

And the fact that she said he MANIPULATED her...and she questions his timing on them getting together? And yet she calls what they had "real"? LMAO! No doubt I believe it was real, in all her years she looked HAPPIEST when she was with Michael! And the woman claims that after their divorce was finalized she had nothing to do with him. Hm, I guess she forgot how even when he was with Debbie, Michael and Lisa were seen OUT together and were even photographed kissing! In '98! During his marriage to Debbie! And she took her kids to see him in concert and they were all back stage at one of his HIStory concerts. And their divorce was over by early '96! Did he manipulate her then too? Give me a flippin' break!

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED on that racist mother of hers...yeah I said it...She can go jump off a bridge for all I care.

What about when "a family friend" of her family came out and said (I quote) "We've all agreed her second marriage was a mistake!" Ummm RIIIIIGHT!

Even her younger brother said "Well when her and Michael were here they didn't act like a married couple..etc." I mean really what kind of crap is this! I know after their divorce Janet and Lisa seemed to become BFFs. LMP was even on J's "Velvet Rope" album in one of the interludes...Did you see any of the Jacksons coming out and saying crap about Lisa? HELL NO!

I can still remember when she was on Larry King during the trial and she called what was happening "a blessing" because it took the focus from their relationship or some crap...WTF! Michael was fighting for his life in every way possible and she called THAT a blessing?

Not to mention ever interview she did while she was "promoting" her albums in which she answered questions about Michael. She could have taken the high road, like Janet and said she didn't want to answer questions about that and be done with it!

I remember when Ms. Bain came out and addressed whatever Lisa had said during the Trial in an interview (I think it may have been in Australia) and Ms. Bain just said Michael wished her nothing but the best etc...VERY classy.

LMP leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and her actions over the last several years have shown her true colors. She's contradicted herself SO MANY times over the last several years...I take whatever comes out of her mouth or in her blog with a damn grain of salt.

I do remember seeing that portion of the interview and I went...HUH???!!!!

My husband was an drog addict.For many years.I had many problems with the relationship(other kind problems),our daughter...Was very terrible.

But i just cant leave him.I fighted for him,to us until the end.So WHY?Cause I really love my husband.

Now we are fine!Amen!

I dont think that Lisa loves Michael.She gave it queckly.Lisa thought much more in itself.The things that she said after the divorce is what makes people like me angry.I dont liked to see the things she said after the divorce in the talk shows as Larry King,Oprah,Daiane Sawyer(ewwwwwww!)...That was unnecessary...

Sorry.This is my opinion.

To be honest, her blog didn't make me understand her more or even convince me she was really in love with him.

Originally Posted by ~* White Chocolate *~

Wonderful!You said all what I wanted to say but i dont speak English very well.
Thank you!

Lisa Marie's songs are all from her experience so I am sure there is one or more songs about Michael on her albums. I kind of feel "Sinking in" is about Michael:

Don't you baby.
I did it again.
I don't stop paying.
No, I didn't and uh.
(Chorus)
(Chorus)

Seems very apt to me, what year was this song from? Thinking about the 'ten years later' bit...

Last edited:
What was the worst time?

"My biggest mistake? Let's see," she begins quietly. "How can I word this? Um. Well. Leaving my first marriage, for the person that I left it for — that was probably the biggest mistake of my life."

She is referring, of course, to Michael Jackson, a man whose name she, consciously or not, avoids saying aloud. This is understandable. The lunacy of the 1994 pairing exploded the celebrity Richter scale. There was the strained Diane Sawyer interview, the rumor that Jackson was only in the relationship for her dad's song catalog, the awkward "kiss" on the MTV Video Music Awards. Presley, poignantly, was not in on the joke.

"I was really naive at the time. I was in la-la land." She grimaces slightly, pushes some fallen hair from her forehead, then lets it all go.

"I had been really sheltered. I got married the first time very, very young. And the marriage I was in, there was so much resentment about who I was, because I had more than he did, and it became a power struggle. It is hard for a man to be with a woman who is stronger, wealthier. So in my mind I'm thinking, I know, I'll get with someone more compatible. I wasn't thinking what everyone else was thinking, which was that I must have been out of my fucking mind."

Was she?

She pauses, smiles.

"I was just in a bubble. And able to be snowed. I hadn't been bitten by the snake of life yet. I grew up after that. I had to."

Lisa Marie Presley interview-Marie Claire (2008)

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...erviews/lisa-marie-presley-pregnant-interview

Why she not said that her biggest mistake was this:

"Rebellion followed. She abused drugs as a teenager, and went to a series of exclusive schools that ended with her dropping out in the 11th grade."

I finaly understand Lisa.Is much better blame on Michael.NOW she says that forgot everything?

Michael Jackson: THE BIGGEST MISTAKE of Lisa Presley's life.

Ohh,please...

And what funny, is that Michael did actually own the rights to some of Elvis' music. I bet her mother just LOVES that...

I have a feeling that Michael was the one who cut things off, around '98/'99 (YES they were seeing each other then too, even though Lisa apparently FORGETS that), and Lisa got pissed off that Michael was moving on or whatnot...And the rest as you say is History. Whatever...I don't even care to think about this anymore...

I've said what I meant and meant what I said in regards to Lisa Marie. You can agree or not, that's your deal. I've based my opinions of her and her family on her actions AND her words along with Michael's. And looking at the two, there's NO doubt who the classy/respectable one is/was. So yeah, whatever. I'm not wasting anymore time on her...or anymore of my precious breath. These are the last remarks I'll make about her or her mother or her family. I'm done. **washes hands of them all**

I'm off to watch "The Jacksons: An American Dream" it's on VH1.

Peace.

yep when she saw a kraft commercial and heard 'hunk of burning love' she was pissed! lol

but if u read her blog, u'll see that she was hurt. sheloved him, he rebuffed her and moved on rather quickly, having two kids w/ another woman so she was a woman scorned.

she kept it all in and it manifested itself into severe health problems for her. im not a lmp fan but what she said on her blog made me respect her. she admitted she let him down, she admitted she talked shit, and now she's admitting she's sorry.

she loved him and if she didn't, she wouldn't give a shit. u don't see her talking smack about any other male in her life. that's cuz mj was her one true love. it hurt her to think about him, it hurt her to talk about him, and she was mad so she let him have it in the media.

it all makes sense. he's gone now, she's trying to make amends, be it guilt or to just finally explain what happened. but at least she owned up to her mistakes

No...but the man NEVER disrespected her in ANY WAY...ESPECIALLY not publicly!

And the fact that she said he MANIPULATED her...and she questions his timing on them getting together? And yet she calls what they had "real"? LMAO!

He obviously did disrespect her otherwise she wouldn't have asked for a divorce. He abandoned her several weeks at a time, she had no idea where he would go - that is disrespectful, just because of who he was doesn't mean its acceptable for a husband to do that to his wife.

The manipulation part probably refers to the MTV kiss Michael wanted her to do - she refused to do it, she didn't want to do it, but he basically talked her into it - she still didn't want to do it, you can see she looks terrified on stage. MJ's only reason to open the show was to show off his wife

Why she not said that her biggest mistake was this:

I finaly understand Lisa.Is much better blame on Michael.NOW she says that forgot everything?

Michael Jackson: THE BIGGEST MISTAKE of Lisa Presley's life.

Ohh,please...

Honestly, I think I can see where she's coming from. She left her first husband, who is the father of her older children, for Michael. While I don't believe that their marriage was a sham, it does seem like it was a quick, irrational decision. It seems like it would have been better if Lisa Marie has ended her first marriage before she started seeing Michael. Also, they probably should have taken more time to get to know each other and let their relationship grow before getting married. But, that's just my opinion.

I think she also made an irrational decision in marrying Nicolas Cage. And Michael did the same thing with Debbie Rowe. I get the impression that the vows didn't mean a whole lot for these marriages.

I like Dirty Laundry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjQ4SmptIyQ

And it's especially fitting in these days. :(

Don't you baby.
I did it again.
I don't stop paying.
No, I didn't and uh.
(Chorus)
(Chorus)

For some reason, I thought that song was about her first husband, but I can't remember why. Parts of it definitely do seem to describe her marriage with Michael.

Dirty Laundry is a great song, but I prefer Don Henley's version.

I agree. I don't know why so many fans are angry with her. I think she was one of the few people in Michael's life who genuinely loved him, probably still does in a way (just read her blog, you will feel that)! And definitely the woman who loved him the most of all of Michael's women. I think the rest of Michael's "romances" (Tatum, Brooke etc.) probably don't even qualify as real romances. With Lisa it was real, I am convinced.

I can hear you: then why did she leave him? Unfortunately neither people are or life is perfect and sometimes love is not enough. I think if you read her blog, it's very clear now why she left. And it was never that she didn't love him. Even after the divorce they were kind of dating for years! Until about 1998-99. Only they know what happened after that but apparently Lisa got very angry with Michael, hence the angry interviews about him. But I cannot hate Lisa for that. To me it was always obvious that you don't get that angry about your ex if there aren't strong emotions involved on your part. Trust me, she was that angry because she loved him so much. To me it was rather kind of funny how desperately she was trying to distance herself from him, because you could see it was just posturing on her part. She was trying to convince even herself, LOL, but she could never totally hide her feelings.

Michael was definitely not an easy person to be married to, I can understand how things could turn out to be frustrating for Lisa. Probably it weren't just the two of them in that marriage either. I mean Michael's managers, advisors, PR people, enablers and the "leeches and vampires" as she put it in her blog. I can see why it was incredibly difficult for her.

Could she have stayed longer, tried harder? Maybe, but maybe she tried everything, we don't know that. By every account I hear Michael could be incredibly stubborn and had a habit of driving away people who were trying to help him. Deepak Chopra confirmed that, Tito confirmed that too.

And let's not forget: unlike some fairweather friends, Lisa was there for Michael during one of his darkest periods, when many people wouldn't even have touched him. And Lisa married him! So, alone for that, I have respect for this woman.

I always think it's a pity it didn't work. They were a nice couple with genuine love between them.

Amazing post. Thank you for that.

I truly believe that. I believe she loved him a lot, and I believe that that's the only reason she was angry. She even says that herself - he remained obsessed with him long after they split up. She couldn't let him go, but his life was draining her, and I think she hated both herself and him for that. She couldn't love him without destroying herself, and if she stopped loving him she felt he would destroy himself. It's a horrible position to be in. I think we can all relate to her - I think she loved Michael deeply.

I also agree she was one of the few who actually loved him. And, like you said, at a time when everyone was ready to believe he was a monster. I think she gave her everything to try and make it work. We all would have, and I think ending up the way she did was nearly inevitable. He attracted leeches. His life was a tragedy at times.

I even think that she might have stayed longer if she hadn't already had kids. From the blog post, I felt that she loved him so much that she would have happily sacrificed herself, if she hadn't been a mother.

My husband was an drog addict.For many years.I had many problems with the relationship(other kind problems),our daughter...Was very terrible.

But i just cant leave him.I fighted for him,to us until the end.So WHY?Cause I really love my husband.

Now we are fine!Amen!

But your husband probably didn't have enablers.

Back