I Finally Understand Lisa Marie

Someone mentioned that they were still dating after their divorce??
Is it true and why?

It was odd, but indeed Lisa travelled with him to South Africa ca. 1997-98, she also visited him during the HiStory tour in Europe. And there were pics of them, I think in 1998 or 1999, being together at the Ivy's restaurant, they even kissed on one pic, although Michael had the mask on. I think this was after Lisa was in hospital (being sick over Michael, probably) and Michael then called her and took her out for her birthday or something.

"He abandoned her several weeks at a time, she had no idea where he would go..."

Ok...he abanoned her...But she said the reason?She just said that Michael abandoned...WHY,Jesus???Why?For one reason course.But wich reason?She does not speak.

In the whole interviews Lisa seem want show that only person who missed it was Michael.Could Lisa say their errors too? People only listen the Lisa's point of view.I'd never heard the version of the story of Michael's mouth.What could he said about that?What he knew about Lisa and never spoke to the ppl?

So you're saying the true love of his life was Diana Ross - how so?

He's loved her since he was a kid. He always said if she said she would he would marry her in a heartbeat. This was after he was grown. It had been that way for years! He was terrible jealous and hurt when she married her late husband. (Was probably the first one burning up her phone when they divorced.) If she had called him up on June 24th and said let's do it, he would have woke up a married man on June 25th. The love was unrequited to an extent, but that didn't change what he felt for her all his life.

When the Will was released and she was nominated a guardian, I wasn't the least bit surprised. I looked at my Mom and said, "Look at that, Michael was going to find some way to make Diana Ross his baby mama if it was the last thing he did."

Interesting post with some good points. I wasn't trying to make it look like it was all Michael's fault, but one thing I disagree with you about is the statement that Michael didn't need saving. Unfortunately he did, look where he ended up,

In that relationship--during that time--Michael did not need saving. She did. Michael was looking to start a family. She was looking for a way to escape her leeches. Lucky for her, she fell in love. And she fell as hard as she did because she was finally free! And--I'm gonna say it--HAPPY! The time he needed saving when he was overdoing his meds, Elizabeth Taylor was there for him. He struggled with his meds on and off for years, but it certainly wasn't those years he was with her. It was only towards the end of his marriage to her that he physically started flairing up again.

When he fell ill before his HBO concert, they had already been separated. She came to the hospital to see him and he asked her to leave because she was "raising his blood pressure." Now she won't exactly say what she might have been doing--or might have done--to cause that. But next thing we know, she storms out of the hospital and files for divorce the next day.

The man wasn't a hopeless junkie like she was in her past. He was being treated for a longstanding illness and chronic pain. How he ended up is how millions of Americans end up each year. Victims of Doctors and Pharmicists who are just out to line their pockets by keeping people over-medicated and sick.

But maybe Michael was simply not husband material with his childlikeness.

I won't get into why Brooke wasn't about to marry him. I know it was the eighties, but it was still a "different time."

Michael was a strong and intelligent man who had to grow up at the age of six. He was childlike when there was time to be childlike. He was never childish.

Although I love the last part when she says: "Whoah, mom doesn't like it, let's go!" :D
That's the real Lisa, I guess. ;)

THIS is childish!

When he fell ill before his HBO concert, they had already been separated. She came to the hospital to see him and he asked her to leave because she was "raising his blood pressure." Now she won't exactly say what she might have been doing--or might have done--to cause that.

Probably that she didn't want to have his baby. I have also read somewhere (probably Taraborelli, so I am not sure how accurate that is) that once Lisa told him to stop whining about his childhood, or something to that effect. Now, I can imagine how much that must have hurt Michael! His whole life has been about searching for that lost childhood and hurting because of that. That's probably the one thing that Lisa should have NEVER told him. Maybe that was a turning point for Michael thinking "I thought she understands me, now I see she doesn't". But I'm just speculating, of course.

I agree. I don't know why so many fans are angry with her. I think she was one of the few people in Michael's life who genuinely loved him, probably still does in a way (just read her blog, you will feel that)! And definitely the woman who loved him the most of all of Michael's women. I think the rest of Michael's "romances" (Tatum, Brooke etc.) probably don't even qualify as real romances. With Lisa it was real, I am convinced.

I can hear you: then why did she leave him? Unfortunately neither people are or life is perfect and sometimes love is not enough. I think if you read her blog, it's very clear now why she left. And it was never that she didn't love him. Even after the divorce they were kind of dating for years! Until about 1998-99. Only they know what happened after that but apparently Lisa got very angry with Michael, hence the angry interviews about him. But I cannot hate Lisa for that. To me it was always obvious that you don't get that angry about your ex if there aren't strong emotions involved on your part. Trust me, she was that angry because she loved him so much. To me it was rather kind of funny how desperately she was trying to distance herself from him, because you could see it was just posturing on her part. She was trying to convince even herself, LOL, but she could never totally hide her feelings.

Michael was definitely not an easy person to be married to, I can understand how things could turn out to be frustrating for Lisa. Probably it weren't just the two of them in that marriage either. I mean Michael's managers, advisors, PR people, enablers and the "leeches and vampires" as she put it in her blog. I can see why it was incredibly difficult for her.

Could she have stayed longer, tried harder? Maybe, but maybe she tried everything, we don't know that. By every account I hear Michael could be incredibly stubborn and had a habit of driving away people who were trying to help him. Deepak Chopra confirmed that, Tito confirmed that too.

And let's not forget: unlike some fairweather friends, Lisa was there for Michael during one of his darkest periods, when many people wouldn't even have touched him. And Lisa married him! So, alone for that, I have respect for this woman.

I always think it's a pity it didn't work. They were a nice couple with genuine love between them.

thank you this is beautifully written, my own thought as though I wrote it myself. If I may just add... she also had a complicated childhood as we all know with Elvis as a Dad, so therefore she had seen this type of behavior before. She probably felt as though she didn't want to live the same way her mom did. I am sure those two woman carry alot of secrets between the two of them, secrets about the two men they both loved, But will take those secrets to the grave with them. That is what a good wife/friend does.

Last edited:
Probably that she didn't want to have his baby. I have also read somewhere (probably Taraborelli, so I am not sure how accurate that is) that once Lisa told him to stop whining about his childhood, or something to that effect. Now, I can imagine how much that must have hurt Michael! His whole life has been about searching for that lost childhood and hurting because of that. That's probably the one thing that Lisa should have NEVER told him. Maybe that was a turning point for Michael thinking "I thought she understands me, now I see she doesn't". But I'm just speculating, of course.

Mmmm, I wouldn't trust Taraborelli either. Actually, the whole "stop whining about your childhood" is something Taraborelli has actually said about Michael. He seems to be tagging it onto Lisa Marie which is so not right. I don't think she would say that to him because it would make her a hypocrite. She never fails to share how bad it was for her in her youth and with her mother.

Mmmm, I wouldn't trust Taraborelli either. Actually, the whole "stop whining about your childhood" is something Taraborelli has actually said about Michael. He seems to be tagging it onto Lisa Marie which is so not right. I don't think she would say that to him because it would make her a hypocrite. She never fails to share how bad it was for her in her youth and with her mother.

Oh, I see.

Lisa Marie actually confirmed in an interview that it was Michael who filed for divorce. She was angry he got in their first. She ain't no angel. I'm sure like any other relationship there were faults on both sides and her scientology didn't help.

Lisa Marie actually confirmed in an interview that it was Michael who filed for divorce. She was angry he got in their first. She ain't no angel. I'm sure like any other relationship there were faults on both sides and her scientology didn't help.

Really? I have always heard her saying it was she who filed for divorce.

He's loved her since he was a kid. He always said if she said she would he would marry her in a heartbeat. This was after he was grown. It had been that way for years! He was terrible jealous and hurt when she married her late husband. (Was probably the first one burning up her phone when they divorced.) If she had called him up on June 24th and said let's do it, he would have woke up a married man on June 25th. The love was unrequited to an extent, but that didn't change what he felt for her all his life.

When the Will was released and she was nominated a guardian, I wasn't the least bit surprised. I looked at my Mom and said, "Look at that, Michael was going to find some way to make Diana Ross his baby mama if it was the last thing he did."

!

I agree on what you have said!

No in a more recent interview. She said that he had just got in there first. Actually a friend told me about because it wasn't on the fan boards, was surprised it didn't get picked up. It was a publiction (not remembering the name correctly) Female First or something along that line. I think it is American but I am not positive. In this she had mentioned about being good friends with her exes except for one, which was Michael and that she called him when he was in Las Vegas. She said it didn't go too well and that it would be another ten years before he talked to her again. Maybe she was still in her bitter stage and all about herself stage, because whatever she said to him didn't obviously work. I mean Michael would be someone that would be quiet open to someone I think unless you are insulting him or not respecting his feelings. Only the two of them know what was said. That is why I am sure she has is having a hard time now.

Michael was so naive...he just took crap from everyone his entire life including women and he never defended himself he would just turn the other cheek because that's what he was taught at home to take abuse and keep quiet...poor MJ

I think that is very strange the Lisa's relationships it works just with men that arent famous.

Nicolas Cage- famous actor from Hollywwod- NO!

Michael Jackson- most famous singer in the world- NO WAY!

Danny-Yes!

"Lockweird"- Yes,course!

You know what?I think she cant share her husband with anybody.She need atention 24h/365 days.

I think that is very strange the Lisa's relationships it works just with men that arent famous.

Nicolas Cage- famous actor from Hollywwod- NO!

Michael Jackson- most famous singer in the world- NO WAY!

Danny-Yes!

"Lockweird"- Yes,course!

You know what?I think she cant share her husband with anybody.She need atention 24h/365 days.

Maybe that's because being with famous people is more complicated.

Maybe that's because being with famous people is more complicated.

Oh no! Then that dooms her relationship with Lockwood!

I had a dream she divorced Lockwood and took up with a very beautiful woman. I ain't startin' rumors now, it was just a crazy dream I had. :D

Oh no! Then that dooms her relationship with Lockwood!

I had a dream she divorced Lockwood and took up with a very beautiful woman. I ain't startin' rumors now, it was just a crazy dream I had. :D

Lockwood is famous?

You know, I was thinking about her all day so I sent up quite a few prayers for her.

Her blog post only heightened my concern for her and the people around her. I hope that now she will see the vampires and leeches surrounding her. The ones who drag her back by her hair every time she tries to get away from them.

She has always been a terribly insecure and emotionally immature woman who as a child had a conflicting upbringing: spoiled and pampered with Daddy, disciplined and punished with Mommy. This is not my observation, this is her take on herself. This is my observation though: boiling just below the surface is a rebel whom--if her muzzle is cut--will bite those who muzzled her in the first place. This is why the leeches keep her muzzled. If she were to be set free, she could possibly blow that whole operation out the water.

She revealed nothing in that post that most of us hadn't already figured out. The marriage being genuine. She loved him a lot. Her obsession with him post divorce. The rest of it is Scientology speak.

She believed he loved her as much as he could love anyone. I don't disagree with that. However, the same could very easily be said about her. Michael was probably the first man that ever challenged her. (or used his power for bad: Scientology Speak.) Nic was the second.

See, she loved Danny so much, she couldn't bear to make him feel like less of a man because he wasn't as rich and famous as her. So she cheated on him with a man wealthier and more famous than Danny and her put together.

She loved Michael so much that she couldn't bear to watch him be "destroyed". So as soon as the opportunity arises, she publicly belittles him and their relationship because she was angry--instead of calling out the leeches whom she thought was destroying him she becomes one of them instead. Even during a low point in his life. (Now this is something that was done to her father by his so-called friends and it hurt him deeply and depressed him and ultimately led to his death.)

She loved Michael so much she allowed (m)others to make her question the timing of the marriage. Could it be that Michael was ready to settle down and be a Husband and Dad? Find a little joy and normalcy after having the rug pulled from under him? Not unusual. Think of all those post 9/11 marriages. Many of them are over now.

She loved that John O guy (fiance and transition man) so much that she talked trash about Michael to him. He didn't challenge her, even defended her. How does she show her appreciation? She leaves John O for Michael again; the man she spent all two seconds of that relationship b*tching about.

She loved Nic so much she called her marriage to him the biggest mistake of her life after he filed for divorce. (She won't talk about him because Nic Cage don't play that.)

And she loves Lockwood so much because--dare I say it--he doesn't challenge her? When she finally breaks away from her leeches, I hope Lockwood goes with her. That is if he isn't one of them. And I pray that he isn't for the sake of their precious little girls. I hope Danny runs too, for the sake of Riley and Ben.

Michael was not the one who needed saving. It was her. During the whole time they were together--by her admission--he did nothing heavier than have the occasional alcoholic beverage. What she wanted to "save" him from was the very thing that attracted her to him in the first place. (or the "certain self-destructive behavior")

And the whole Elvis thing? I believe that. I'm sure he felt that way at the time. However, after Princess Diana died, Michael thought he was going to go out like her. Fast forward to 2008 and Michael is talking about not going out like James Brown. So...

The whole "helping" and "saving" thing. That is the Scientologist mantra. Always saving someone from their "demons" and their "addictions." (Just listen to Tom Cruise go on about Brooke Shields. Some of the same language is used.)

Lisa was smiling and full of life when she was with Michael. As soon as those jokers saw that--and saw they did not have another recruit in Michael--they dragged her away by her hair when she was still pining for the man. They were the ones who made her sick by keeping her away from someone she loved--and someone who loved and genuinely cared about her. Yeah he would disappear for a spell. She never says why. Her "honesty" won't let her as she (her insecurity and immaturity) is probably the reason why he would need to take an occasional break from her. But he always came back because he clearly cared and loved her enough to try and make it work. (Nic gave up on her after 3 months of marriage and didn't even TRY to reconcile!) But when she refused to make his fondest dream come true after saying she would--that was it. (When Brad Pitt left Jennifer Aniston when she backed out on babies, it so reminded me of the two of them.)

What that blog screams to me is what she is feeling now is guilt and remorse--masked in the idea that she couldn't "help" him. Yet consider this, she knows what she did to him post marriage was mean and out of her character. She probably knew all along she was being mean but was too proud to say two little words: "I'm sorry." That blog was the first step...

The true love of Michael Jackson's life was Diana Ross. Lisa was someone he really cared about but sadly he wasn't enough to free her and he wasn't about to get caught up with her leeches. He certainly had enough of his own.

Lisa left John O for Michael? when?

Read this: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70839

I read he gave an interview with TV Guide in 1999 which they were divorced, which he said that "Elvis had his nose done - Lisa Marie told me". Then other Lisa interview with Rolling Stone in 2003 said she was mad when she read that interview, throw the magazine across the kitchen and yell "told you what?", then she said she want a divorced.

So they actually break up in 1999?

I don't know much about them, please tell me the right story.

http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/int...interview.html
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/inte...ingstone.shtml

Someone mentioned that they were still dating after their divorce??
Is it true and why?

I don't want to be disrespectful, but she didn't have to be so cruel to MJ and talk about him, like he was a big mistake.
After he died, she probably felt ashamed...but yeah MJ never talked shit about her...NEVER, because he's a good person and knows what to say and what not to say.

Lisa Marie was only 26 when they married. She went from being controlled by her mother to being married and having kids.

Being married to Michael cannot have been easy, not his fault, but he is the most famous man on the planet. The life you would live with him cannot be prepared for and I doubt at 26 she was ready.

I think it has always had a lot to do with her father for her. For her it wasn´t really about Michael it was about Elvis, always has been. She was just a kid, 9 years old when he died. But she still felt in some way that she should have saved him. When she met Michael his life in some way reminded her of Elvis. That makes me think of Paris and I am wondring if she will be looking for someone who reminds her of Michael or if she will be able to live a life of her own.

Last edited:
Read this: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70839

I read he gave an interview with TV Guide in 1999 which they were divorced, which he said that "Elvis had his nose done - Lisa Marie told me". Then other Lisa interview with Rolling Stone in 2003 said she was mad when she read that interview, throw the magazine across the kitchen and yell "told you what?", then she said she want a divorced.

So they actually break up in 1999?

I don't know much about them, please tell me the right story.

http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/int...interview.html
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/inte...ingstone.shtml

CTU - How long have you been a MJ fan? They divorced in 1996. Mike married Debbie Rowe and had Prince and Paris. MJ and Lisa stayed friends. They were close friends and would be seen in public holding hands or sometimes kissing (attempting), and just looking like they still had feelings for each other.

I think they did have feelings but also Lisa said that her mom and Elvis always acted like a married couple even after they divorced so in a way I think she was just doing what she learned as a child. Her parents stayed close and were good friends til the end. Except Lisa stopped talking to Mike around 99 or 2000. I think she was probably upset with him but moreso I think she had to let go (detach) b/c she still cared for him very much. I think it was hard for her to be just friends and also watch him go through so much stuff. (drugs)

I think it has always had a lot to do with her father for her. For her it wasn´t really about Michael it was about Elvis, always has been. She was just a kid, 9 years old when he died. But she still felt in some way that she should have saved him. When she met Michael his life in some way reminded her of Elvis. That makes me think of Paris and I am wondring if she will be looking for someone who reminds her of Michael or if she will be able to live a life of her own.

I hope Paris will be OK

That makes me think of Paris and I am wondring if she will be looking for someone who reminds her of Michael or if she will be able to live a life of her own.

Wow...you know that's a great point and it never crossed my mind until you said it.

I know for Paris being a girl and having the father she had it's going to be HARD to find a man to live up to that. Oh boy....I really hope things work out well for all of the kids but especially her.

People outside looking in might say they had a strange upbringing but to me they were brought up in a world of innocence and love. When they have to come out into the "real world" it's not going to be an easy transition.

I'll be keeping those kids in my prayers.

wow! nice thread. Have not read it fully yet, but I DO understand Lisa Marie. I think she did really care about him and wanted to "save" him, in her own words. But his life was just too big, and I can totally believe what she said about not feeling like she was important. Plus her past experience with her father would have made seeing what Michael was going through and not being able to help very hard on her. So, yes, I understand how someone can love another person, want to be there for them, but still have to walk away from the situation. Its one of the hardest things to do. They did continue to meet, so she was probably a positive presence in his life even after the divorce.

BTW, don't you thing guys that "Break of Dawn" was written about Lisa? I can't think of anybody else with whom Michael had such a relationship, LOL.
Famous people go through partners like they go through underwear. I am sure Mike has a long list nobody knows about, and he is smart enough to keep quiet about.

Break Of Dawn was written by Dr Freeze, so you'd have to ask him.

Back