I recently met a very nice lady...and....well...i need your advice alittle :)

Hey all,

Last sunday after i had been to a birthday of a friend (had to travel for 3 hours or so so get there, my friends live far away unfortunetely) i was in the train and i had my french bulldog Yoshi with me. A nice lady, a student sat next to me and before i knew it my dog was all over her and it was awesome, because she loved it. It was like she knew my dog for years and years, this doesn't happen often..if at all and it was just great. We talked about dogs, her study and general things. I felt that we had a nice click, if that's how i'm supposed to call it. She studies in my hometown and lives there too during the week and goes home in the weekends.

After the train ride we walked over to the place where our bicycles were parked, she cuddled my dog and wished me a good evening, i did the same. Soon i realized i had been a fool. I should have either told her my name and in the process get hers, and later on ask if she'd like to talk some more, some other time. But that's me, i always come to those kind of realizations when its already too late. It's been since sunday and i just can't get her out of my head. There's two things i can do. Hope i get to see her again sometime in the train, in other words...sheer luck, and i don't believe in that. The second option is what my family recommends me.

I know what kind of things she's studying and what she wants to become. There are only one or two faculties/colleges here that teach this. My family says i could take a photo of my dog, write a short explanation on the back or on a post-it note next to it, and with my first name and phone number. Put that on a bulletin board inside the faculty. A photo of Yoshi is definitely something she'd notice, and i dont want to put myself on there.

I got nothing to lose, and i might have something to gain, who knows. If the interest is mutual i will know, and if not...no problem. I'm not sure yet though.

So i guess i just want to hear your input on this, what would you do in my case? I don't expect that it will scare her off, it's probably unusual but then again, i always do things in a unusual way, lol. I've tried to give it a rest and move on, but i keep having her in my head and i'd love to talk to her again, get to know her better, if she wants that as well, that is. It's just that i really liked it how much she liked Yoshi and Yoshi was on her lap for the whole trainride. I've only talked with her for like a hour or so, but she really seemed like a very down to earth and sweet lady and that's definitely someone i'm looking for.

However, no expectations from my side at all, i'll see. I just want to hear what ya'll have to say :)

I'd say that the idea of putting up a picture of your doggie with a brief explanation could work just fine, plus I'd say it'll be very romantic if she finds it. I know I'd feel flattered and excited if someone went through all that hard work to meet ME again, aah so sweet. You should do that. :wub: best of lucks! the story was so adorable! lol.

Ditto. I find it romantic and flattering as well, although it could also turn a bit awkward. But, as you have nothing to lose, go for it! And good luck (tell us after how it went).

As a side note, I have a Japanese friend called Yoshi.

Ditto. I find it romantic and flattering as well, although it could also turn a bit awkward. But, as you have nothing to lose, go for it! And good luck (tell us after how it went).

As a side note, I have a Japanese friend called Yoshi.

Haha awesome. Yeah i believe alot of people in Japan are called Yoshi. When i was young i used to have pet rats, and one of them was Yoshi. When i was much older...around 24 or so, i got myself a French Bulldog and thought Yoshi was a great name. At the end of the day, the name was inspired from Yoshi from the Mario games :D

I don't have alot of time this week for it and i believe the faculty is closed in the weekend. So i'm gonna do this early next week. I'll definitely keep you all posted.

Sounds like a good idea but personally I'd be slightly iffy about putting my number up on a public notice board on an education campus where anyone can make note of it and cause all sorts of problems/bother. But that said I hope you see her again :)

Sounds like a good idea but personally I'd be slightly iffy about putting my number up on a public notice board on an education campus where anyone can make note of it and cause all sorts of problems/bother. But that said I hope you see her again :)

I'm not really afraid that anyone's really gonna mess with my phonenumber. Worst case scenario is that some clown decides to send fake messages, but we are talking about a faculty here, i'm not sure, but i think these people should be over that age where they mess around, or not? Ah well....but it's the only way, if i only put my first name there, she has no ways of contacting me back if the feeling/interest is mutual. I did find out that the faculty is really close to a big park here where i sometimes go with Yoshi to let her walk there...i could be lucky and run into her there, but again..chances of that are quite slim. Same as running into her again at the train station..it can only happen on sundays when she goes back to my hometown and i'm not even sure what time that would be and what not.

So i don't really know any other way. My stepmother said i shouldn't put a photo of myself there, cause that will make me look very vulnerable and i really don't want that. But a photo of Yoshi is sure to catch her attention. And even if it all turns out to be nothing but friendly...nothing more, that's fine too. Friendship is always nice :) and yoshi will have a new companion.

I'm back with a update, no real news or whatsoever but a change of plans though. I've been really thinking this through and the fact is, i am not 100% sure that when i stick that photo of my dog with note+ explanation and my name and phonenumber on that bulletinboard, that it's 100% for certain the right faculty/college. I am not 100% certain this is the only college who teaches this study. So i've been thinking of an alternative, and that thought only became stronger when i saw a certain video on youtube from a coach who gives advice on things. It is however a dating coach and my 'situation' is not a date at all yet, still i think its relevant. Basically he says you should enjoy a date, you should not worry if she likes you, be yourself, and be direct at times. Simply say...look..i like you, and i want to know you better. And this got me thinking.

Tomorrow it's been a week since i met her. There's a good chance she will arrive on the train station at the same time as last week...which was around eleven in the evening (23:00). My first idea was to go there and simply say 'oh my what a coincedence' and when she'd ask why i'm there, that i would say some stupid lie about bringing a friend to the station. Then i simply realized it's wrong to lie, no reason at all to do that. I'm planning on going there with Yoshi, walk into her basically, she'll cuddle Yoshi and i'll ask her how she is and how the trip was. And then i could simply be honest and say..

'Sorry if i'm being very direct, but i'm not here by accident. I'm here to do something where i didn't had enough guts for last sunday, which basically is asking a very nice lady if she'd like to have a drink with me sometime, or simply a walk in the park with the dog? '

I'm not sure yet though, i guess i again want to know what you guys think of this plan. I like to be honest, and sure..it's no doubt very direct and might surprise her even, but i don't think there are many women who don't like to hear from a guy that she's very likeable. Or am i wrong?

I'm back with a update, no real news or whatsoever but a change of plans though. I've been really thinking this through and the fact is, i am not 100% sure that when i stick that photo of my dog with note+ explanation and my name and phonenumber on that bulletinboard, that it's 100% for certain the right faculty/college. I am not 100% certain this is the only college who teaches this study. So i've been thinking of an alternative, and that thought only became stronger when i saw a certain video on youtube from a coach who gives advice on things. It is however a dating coach and my 'situation' is not a date at all yet, still i think its relevant. Basically he says you should enjoy a date, you should not worry if she likes you, be yourself, and be direct at times. Simply say...look..i like you, and i want to know you better. And this got me thinking.

Tomorrow it's been a week since i met her. There's a good chance she will arrive on the train station at the same time as last week...which was around eleven in the evening (23:00). My first idea was to go there and simply say 'oh my what a coincedence' and when she'd ask why i'm there, that i would say some stupid lie about bringing a friend to the station. Then i simply realized it's wrong to lie, no reason at all to do that. I'm planning on going there with Yoshi, walk into her basically, she'll cuddle Yoshi and i'll ask her how she is and how the trip was. And then i could simply be honest and say..

'Sorry if i'm being very direct, but i'm not here by accident. I'm here to do something where i didn't had enough guts for last sunday, which basically is asking a very nice lady if she'd like to have a drink with me sometime, or simply a walk in the park with the dog? '

I'm not sure yet though, i guess i again want to know what you guys think of this plan. I like to be honest, and sure..it's no doubt very direct and might surprise her even, but i don't think there are many women who don't like to hear from a guy that she's very likeable. Or am i wrong?

Go for it. Take the chance, this way you know you've done everything you could, and you'll no longer be walking around with regrets. The direct, honest approach is the way to go.

I wish you the best of luck!

Awesome! Thanks alot for en encouring messsage, i really apreciate it. The nice thing about all this is, i have no expectations. I bet i must come off sometimes as someone who's expecting alot, but i'm not. I will see what happens and if nothing happens, fine, no problem. I have nothing to lose, and i might have something to gain, who knows. The fact that she;s still stuck inside my head after a week though...well..that reminds me of when i had met a girl years ago and couldn't get her out of my head, so after a week i asked her out. Turned out to be a relationship of three years. The feeling is strong about this one. But that's it. I've also now come with something much better to say...only to her, because i've seen how she was with my dog..i woudln't say this to anyone else in another case.

First i will tell my name, cause i think it's about time for that. I'll then say 'Oh by the way, Yoshi is a bit annoyed with me, because he didn't have the guts last sunday to tell a very nice lady that he hopes this is not the only meeting with her. And i think that counts for Yoshi as well' . These are all my words and its alot better then the forced 'i'm not here by accident, i forgot..etc.' nah. I will say how it went......that is, of course...if i walk into her tomorrow.

Yesterday i was kinda considering to just leave it at that, but i knew i would regret it. Today i printed out a nice photo of my dog, wrote a short and nice explanation/story. I went to the faculty just now, there are all kinds of different departments there, but i went to the one that gives the study that she told me about. I saw two bulletinboards and put the photo on there. What else is a fella to do? Nothing, it's been enough now, if nothing comes from this, it's all good. I'll move on and who knows..maybe i'll see her on the train again sometime in the future...but at least i know i have done everything i wanted. I gave it a good shot, so to speak :)

Last edited:
Back