I wish.....

I've been a fan since the end of Off the Wall/Jackson's era. Even though I missed most of the J5 and earlier Jacksons I think I became a fan of Michael's at the perfect time. I experienced first hand the onset of Michael Mania in it's prime and loved every minute of it. Michael has effected my life differently throughout the years and I think watching the changes and maturity has been a great ride. I anticipate alot of wonderful moments still to come but yeah the past is embedded in my heart - I wish I could actually thank Michael for sharing so much of himself with the world :yes:

Beautifully said. I also will never forget the Thriller era, I was 11 & 12. Those were the most inspiring years of my life. I'll always be greatful I got to experience them. Nothing....NOTHING at all, has even comes close to the inspiration and drive I felt back then. I hope I will feel that way again some day though, full of hope and stead-fast dreams.

I wish...that one day I'll be able to meet this incredible talented man. :angel:

@helena 22: How did you become a fan?
About two years ago, I started checking out his interviews and live performances on youtube. Not many music videos. I found myself totally losing a sense of time watching them. I mean, I was really into it, so the time just passed quickly. Also, I started buying his albums around that time. I listened to them and liked some cuts. I didn't consider myeslf as a fan then.

I've been a R.Kelly fan for 5 years now and a member at his fan community for 4 years. I met mistermaxxx (I saw he's a member here) there and we've been tight. I could hear how much MJ's music means to him. I was and am moved. So, that made me keep interested in his artistry and dig his music more. He never recommend me his music and this community, but I can't ignore his impact .

I felt I started diggin his music more and more this year. That was when I knew I was becoming a fan. Way before I felt that, I already thought he's a soulful, caring, deep person. I mean, even though I wasn't a fan, I had respect for his character through the way I could felt. (cuz I've never known him personally). But, for some reason, I thought I should got love for what he does, not only his vibe and personality, to claim myself his fan. So, I kinda let myself have time to get to know and dig his music. For the reasons that I mentioned in the first post, I had to do that ^^

I was born in July of 1988, and was introduced to Michael Jackson immediately, even though I have been a fan my entire life, I still wish I became a fan earlier! (I still moan at my parents for not concieving five years earlier..) So I guess it's not just you who has missed out on stuff.. Because his career is so vast and exciting, practically every fan has missed something! So don't worry, you can catch up :)
Thanx for the words! I got the complaints but at the same time feel excited to start the journey!

When I was young, I wasn't really a fan of anything in particular; I kind of liked everything, so its hard to classify myself as an "MJ fan" at a young age, but when I officially called myself a fan was in 2001. Late I guess, but I wouldn't change it even if I had the chance :)

Back