Icon : New Motown album in March?

Selene

Proud Member
I didn't see this posted.Apologies if I have missed it.

The question mark is because I haven't seen a mention of it anywhere else,but it's on pre-order in amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/Icon-Michael-Jackson/dp/B006Z94L5K

This title will be released on March 6, 2012.

grPdU.jpg

Not much of a novelty,but some may be interested :ph34r:

That's a reasonable price, and I love the cover pic of little Mike. Motown catalog is partly owned by Michael's Estate now, so maybe this is something backed by the Estate?

I wish they'd release some unheard J5 stuff that they have in the vault, or Michael solos, too, of course!

Yeah Amazon sent me an e-mail alert about this. I have not decided if I would buy yet, because I have so many of his early songs already on various discs. I like the title though.

That's a reasonable price, and I love the cover pic of little Mike. Motown catalog is partly owned by Michael's Estate now, so maybe this is something backed by the Estate?

Motown catalogue? Since when? Are you referring to Jobete music? Jobete Music isn't the same as "Motown Catalogue".

As far as Jobete the EMI transaction hasn't been approved yet.

I received the email also and I would be buying it; I have the two J5 CD's of the ICON series

MJDB I love your dangerous picture--made me laugh. Do you have many of Michael's early works?

what a great tracklist with such strong songs that can emphasize Michaels great voice.
:clapping:

MJs Motown songs are really underrated...

Not buying.

I want unreleased stuff. And for the Motown catalogue, I think there was a deal last year no? I think $ony bought it.

wait I already have this album years ago, but under a different title with the same songs

Thanks for sharing.

Nothing new on this release - so not sure I will buy it really.

The Album is marketed for the general public who may not have these songs of Michael
of course MJ collecters will also be interested. But there is nothing really new here.
I like the Title :)

Not buying.

I want unreleased stuff. And for the Motown catalogue, I think there was a deal last year no? I think Sony bought it.

Im not sure where you heard that from ?o

Motown merged with Universal Music in 2005 (Not Sony )
They are now under Island Def Jam Music Group: 2011-present (Not Sony)
As of summer of 2011, Universal Motown has been separated from Universal Motown Republic Group, has reverted to the original Motown brand, and is now operated under the The Island Def Jam Music Group. Artists from Universal Motown have been transferred to the newly revitalized Motown label. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motown

Oh this is just another one of the Universal Music Icon series, they're released a lot of these type of albums, there's a Jackson 5 one too, Janet, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye all have them too.

wait I already have this album years ago, but under a different title with the same songs

That is it^^. Those of us who have kept up with Michael's early years have this music under different album covers/names. However, it would be good for those who do not know much about early Michael.

I got excited, but not an actual new album. Just a reissue. Still handy though!

I wish they'd release some unheard J5 stuff that they have in the vault, or Michael solos, too, of course!
Yeah, nothing new here. Do they really think many MJ fans buy another same ol compilation album?? They shoulda showed a lil more effort, like including a few previously unreleased tracks, at least. I would pick that up and I'm sure some other fans would, too. The sales would be a lot better, as well.

As far as compilation album is concerned, they did a good job with Hello World: The Motown Solo Collection, cuz it's like a box set some might find attractive, esp. those who are not familiar with his Motown solo music.
Can't say the same thing with this one.

Not buying.

I want unreleased stuff. And for the Motown catalogue, I think there was a deal last year no? I think $ony bought it.
That's good if Sony bought it they should be the only record company publishing MJ's music since Michael owns half of it.

That's good if Sony bought it they should be the only record company publishing MJ's music since Michael owns half of it.
As I showed above in my reply to Dip. Sony didnt merge or buy out Motown.

Just to expound on what you stated. Michael doesnt own half of Sony Company or Sony music. He own half of another company. Called Sony/ATV It Is a publishing company that owns many Catalogs. Its half owned by MJ and SONY but it is a separate company. SONY is a HUGE conglomerant comprised of Many different companies. SONY/ATV is just one of them and the only one MJ has ownership in. Michael's own Music is not in Sony/ATV Catalog. Its in his Own Catalog owned by his Estate "MiJack"

Motown did a very good job with Hello World, The Remix Suites and Stripped Mixes. Some remixes from Suites are really good, like Dancing Machine remixes.

Not buying.I want unreleased stuff. And for the Motown catalogue, I think there was a deal last year no? I think $ony bought it.
Sony/atv bought the motown publishing rights along with other partners as apart of the deal to buy out was it emi? publishing

I think it's about time Motown release a complete boxset containing every Jackson 5 song that ever released.

We've got "Hello World" which has all the motown MJ songs...........we just need a similar one for the J5 songs!!!

Please Motown, make it happen!!!!

Back