If Michael stayed at Motown

MJFanusus

Proud Member
do you think that was the music and how Michael would have been Michael himself, if he had not left Motown?

Then we never would have gotten the great songs we did. One of the reasons why MJ left Motown was because he wasn't allowed any creative freedom over his music there. Leaving Motown was a great desision for Michael

Then Michael would have ended up like Jermaine - OK, but never making it big. Michael would never have been Michael staying at Motown - simply because they wouldn't have let him envolve

Definitely agree with the others here. Nowadays he'd probably be keeping quiet doing something else, wouldn't be surprised if he was seen as a child superstar who tried to make it big as an adult but failed (and all because of Motown's tight creativity-restricting leash).

Definitely agree with the others here. Nowadays he'd probably be keeping quiet doing something else, wouldn't be surprised if he was seen as a child superstar who tried to make it big as an adult but failed (and all because of Motown's tight creativity-restricting leash).

Didn't seem to hurt Stevie Wonder.

He/they could have fought for the rights to write their own material like stevie wonder did. But it was probably easier to just leave

He/they could have fought for the rights to write their own material like stevie wonder did. But it was probably easier to just leave
After Berry finally gave in to Stevie and Marvin, he probably wasn't willing to compromise any more. As it was, it turned into a big, ugly legal battle and the Jacksons lost the rights to their name-and I think they all, including Michael, deeply resented. Motown even said they could go out on the street and get five more kids and give them their name-just ugly stuff. Glad they went to Epic. Also glad that everybody reconciled at the end.

Pink Diamond Princess;4155843 said:
He would probably have his own episode of unsung.

YES, he would have, I totally agree with you. And, judging by the long history of the popularity and high Nielsen ratings of just about nearly every T.V. show in which he, himself, appeared (especially, from “Motown 25: Yesterday, Today and Forever” onwards), Michael would have had, in all probability, THE highest-rated episode of “Unsung” ever.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Who really knows maybe he would have made more music like Off The Wall and Triumph, rather than crossover music like Thriller and Bad.
All I can say is thankfully he didn't. I highly doubt he would have been the greatest artist in the history of music otherwise.

Back